Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Golf Discuss the game of golf

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2013, 11:00 PM   #151
durango155
Pooh-Bah
 
durango155's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,365
Re: ***Official Golf Pic Thread***

nice pics...did you pay full rack rate of $450-$500?
durango155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:01 AM   #152
Hey_Porter
Pooh-Bah
 
Hey_Porter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 5,138
Yes...well, my dad did. Brother graduated from Monterey Institute, and this was a graduation present that I also took advantage of.
Hey_Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:23 AM   #153
slong
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 89
Re: ***Official Golf Pic Thread***



Photo I took on a golf holiday in Turkey earlier this year. Lykia Links, really scenic course.
slong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:38 AM   #154
mucksandgravs
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
mucksandgravs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 30,207
^^ very cool pic
mucksandgravs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:43 AM   #155
DickPound
banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 804
Re: ***Official Golf Pic Thread***

Houses on the 18th hole at Pebble damage it.
DickPound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:05 PM   #156
Hey_Porter
Pooh-Bah
 
Hey_Porter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 5,138
Re: ***Official Golf Pic Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickPound View Post
Houses on the 18th hole at Pebble damage it.
You mean aesthetically? I was actually surprised at how many houses there were on the course, or more how close they were to the greens/fairways. Pretty much all non-ocean front courses had houses on them. I don't like hitting houses in the retirement community where I occasionally play, let alone the $5mm houses lining the course.
Hey_Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:14 PM   #157
DickPound
banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 804
Re: ***Official Golf Pic Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey_Porter View Post
You mean aesthetically? I was actually surprised at how many houses there were on the course, or more how close they were to the greens/fairways. Pretty much all non-ocean front courses had houses on them. I don't like hitting houses in the retirement community where I occasionally play, let alone the $5mm houses lining the course.
Yes, aesthetically, and for the other reasons you mentioned.. I remember playing Bethpage Black with my friend, and him saying 'no houses, and no cart paths..' from that point forward, I appreciate that fact about some courses.
DickPound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:56 PM   #158
durango155
Pooh-Bah
 
durango155's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,365
Re: ***Official Golf Pic Thread***

that pic from turkey almost looks fake...I assume conditions were perfect?
durango155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:19 AM   #159
A-Rod's Cousin
banned
 
A-Rod's Cousin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Michelle Wie=the next Michelle Wie.
Posts: 37,168
Re: ***Official Golf Pic Thread***

I would feel bad taking a divot out of that fairway. That looks like carpeting.
A-Rod's Cousin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:37 AM   #160
slong
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 89
Re: ***Official Golf Pic Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by durango155 View Post
that pic from turkey almost looks fake...I assume conditions were perfect?
I upped the vibrancy a bit on that photo but other than that i didn't do much to it. The course was in near perfect condition. It's a bit further away from the hotels than the other courses which might explain why it doesn't get as much traffic.

Here are some unedited photos straight from the camera:



18th fairway:


18th green:


Zipping around on these made it even more fun:
slong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:12 AM   #161
MinusEV
Giftastic!
 
MinusEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Don't trust men who walk with canes
Posts: 10,628
Re: ***Official Golf Pic Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by slong View Post


Photo I took on a golf holiday in Turkey earlier this year. Lykia Links, really scenic course.
Lykia is such an awesome course and that's a great picture from it!

I posted a few pics from there in this thread a few years ago, but have since changed my picture host, so they're gone.

This was my favourite of the bunch and the motive quite similar to the one you shot:



The tree looks quite different, but I think it has to be the same one - you found a lot better angle with the path and the hills than I did though. Great shot!
MinusEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:35 AM   #162
slong
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 89
Re: ***Official Golf Pic Thread***

I remember your photos and that's why I made sure we played that course when we went this year. Was not disappointed!
slong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:55 AM   #163
MinusEV
Giftastic!
 
MinusEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Don't trust men who walk with canes
Posts: 10,628
Re: ***Official Golf Pic Thread***

That's awesome!

We went back to Turkey this May also and of course played Lykia again - they did not have those Segways though - or at least we didn't see any or get offered any. That looks like mad fun.

We also played Montgomerie, Sultan, Carya and National - all great courses. Montgomerie was especially good and got a close second to Lykia - also we had the entire course to ourselves for some reason. It was near the end of the golf season then, but still was quite strange, but great, to be totally alone out there.
MinusEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #164
702guy
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,728
Re: ***Official Golf Pic Thread***

those Turkey pics are awesome, thx for posting.

Are those planks of wood or dirt patches above the sandtraps?
702guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:50 AM   #165
slong
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 89
Re: ***Official Golf Pic Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinusEV View Post
That's awesome!

We went back to Turkey this May also and of course played Lykia again - they did not have those Segways though - or at least we didn't see any or get offered any. That looks like mad fun.

We also played Montgomerie, Sultan, Carya and National - all great courses. Montgomerie was especially good and got a close second to Lykia - also we had the entire course to ourselves for some reason. It was near the end of the golf season then, but still was quite strange, but great, to be totally alone out there.
The Segways were being rented out by a couple of guys who travel to different courses and rent them out. It was really good fun, especially when my buddy faceplanted in front of the clubhouse.

We played the National as well. Quite a challenging course but I enjoyed it apart from that one hole where the green is very elevated. I was just off the back of the green on the top tier and ended up having to make my way down the hill again after the chip... We found the staff a bit rude though. Well at least in comparison to the super friendly staff at all the other courses we played. Which hotel did you stay in?

Planning to go again so will check Montgomerie out, have heard good things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 702guy View Post
those Turkey pics are awesome, thx for posting.

Are those planks of wood or dirt patches above the sandtraps?
They are planks of wood to help keep the bunker faces from collapsing I assume. They can be quite steep.
slong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:54 AM   #166
MinusEV
Giftastic!
 
MinusEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Don't trust men who walk with canes
Posts: 10,628
Re: ***Official Golf Pic Thread***


Last edited by MinusEV; 08-07-2013 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Wooden planks
MinusEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:04 PM   #167
MinusEV
Giftastic!
 
MinusEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Don't trust men who walk with canes
Posts: 10,628
Re: ***Official Golf Pic Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by slong View Post
We played the National as well. Quite a challenging course but I enjoyed it apart from that one hole where the green is very elevated. I was just off the back of the green on the top tier and ended up having to make my way down the hill again after the chip... We found the staff a bit rude though. Well at least in comparison to the super friendly staff at all the other courses we played. Which hotel did you stay in?
The one with the ridiculously undulated green at the top of the hill where the approach sort of turned a corner to the left? Yes, that was probably the most unique green and green approach I've played

We stayed at Cornelia Diamond both times - it's a great all-inclusive resort though a bit pricey.

Did you visit the town of Belek? There's a restaurant there that servers the most amazing pepper steak I've ever had - they were called Moods the first time we were there, but had now changed their name to Mambo Lounge without changing much else. The food was certainly just as good. Really cool staff, generous drinks and probably the best chef in Turkey
MinusEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:32 PM   #168
westhoff
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
westhoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Don't have to live like a refugee!
Posts: 16,464
Re: ***Official Golf Pic Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by slong View Post
I upped the vibrancy a bit on that photo but other than that i didn't do much to it. The course was in near perfect condition. It's a bit further away from the hotels than the other courses which might explain why it doesn't get as much traffic.



Zipping around on these made it even more fun:
OMG WANT!!!
westhoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #169
Cageysmooth
centurion
 
Cageysmooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Beaver, West Virginia
Posts: 145
Re: ***Official Golf Pic Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by westhoff View Post
OMG WANT!!!
Of course instead of it I wouldn't mind having one of these either!

Cageysmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:30 AM   #170
slong
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 89
Re: ***Official Golf Pic Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinusEV View Post
The one with the ridiculously undulated green at the top of the hill where the approach sort of turned a corner to the left? Yes, that was probably the most unique green and green approach I've played

We stayed at Cornelia Diamond both times - it's a great all-inclusive resort though a bit pricey.

Did you visit the town of Belek? There's a restaurant there that servers the most amazing pepper steak I've ever had - they were called Moods the first time we were there, but had now changed their name to Mambo Lounge without changing much else. The food was certainly just as good. Really cool staff, generous drinks and probably the best chef in Turkey
Yep, that's the one.

Stayed in the Gloria Verde which is one of the smaller hotels but couldn't fault it. More of an older crowd though so we were always the last ones at the bar which didn't help the golf but when the drinks are free... We didn't visit Belek as there didn't seem to be much there to do but thanks for the recommendation, might look it up next time.
slong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:51 PM   #171
MinusEV
Giftastic!
 
MinusEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Don't trust men who walk with canes
Posts: 10,628
Re: ***Official Golf Pic Thread***

You're right in that Belek itself is pretty pointless with very little to see or do if you're not interested in a ton of shops all selling pretty much the same shiny souvenirs, clothes and other touristy stuff.

There's an old ruin that they've turned into some sort of fountain/waterfall that's worth a visit if you're there anyway, but hardly worth the trip on its own.

There's also a decent golf shop (Golf USA) with a simulator to try out clubs and a good selection of clothes, shoes, clubs and pretty much everything else.

Belek is just a few minutes by taxi from Cornelia though, so we spent quite a few evenings at the Mambo Lounge, which imo, is the only real attraction in Belek - it's a very good one though
MinusEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:51 PM   #172
Spottswoode
veteran
 
Spottswoode's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: I'm on a farm in Bellarus
Posts: 2,909
Re: ***Official Golf Pic Thread***

Me and a friend played Wooden Sticks today, it's a replice course just outside of Toronto. I got a new camera recently so I snapped some pics.

I couldn't help but sneak a peak at #17 on the way by, what a dirty pin position. Result: I am 5/5 and the streak continues.


No carts in the fescue of the road hole please, this is sacred land.




Attacking some Pine Valley hole.
Spottswoode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:19 AM   #173
durango155
Pooh-Bah
 
durango155's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,365
Sick camera those pics are cleannnnnnnnn
durango155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:31 PM   #174
Spottswoode
veteran
 
Spottswoode's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: I'm on a farm in Bellarus
Posts: 2,909
Re: ***Official Golf Pic Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by durango155 View Post
Sick camera those pics are cleannnnnnnnn
Thanks!
Spottswoode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:45 PM   #175
MaliceUW
banned
 
MaliceUW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: lawyering
Posts: 5,490
Re: ***Official Golf Pic Thread***

Played Plantation last weekend.

It was really windy as expected, which made putting those huge greens really difficult. As a 3.2, I shot 82 from the blue/combo tees. 35 putts



Ernie's record score:











Me and my brother's drives on 18, he got me by a foot! 384 and 384.3 -- we both drew it a bit too much and missed the last bit of the slope on the right to get to the flat.



Drive on 18, wind was from the right so wanted to start it at the clubhouse and let it drift back, overdrew it a touch.



Cool hole by the Ritz where we were staying, didn't get a chance to play the resort course (I believe it's called Half Moon Bay):

MaliceUW is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online