Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Golf Discuss the game of golf

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2018, 03:32 PM   #1101
rtd353
veteran
 
rtd353's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,369
Re: THE Official 2017/2018 PGA Tour Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJames View Post
Bowditch is a mutliple time tour winner who has lost his way; badly the last two years.

Smylie Kaufman is a young guy who won on his first year on tour and then was in the final group of the masters the year Jordan gagged on 12. Has since lost his way as well; I doubt either of them has made more than 1 cut each this year.

So the guy is saying if he caddies for Bowdo he wants to have some side action vs Smylie (who isn't even in the event) implying they'd be playing for something in that situation, as opposed to just playing.
I thought it was weird the tweet said only 1% chance he would be playing on Sunday. Doesn't seem like the attitude you would want to have if you want to be successful.
rtd353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 09:16 AM   #1102
Precept2
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 6,524
Re: THE Official 2017/2018 PGA Tour Season Thread

Is that Danny Willett that is in at -2 after today's round?
Precept2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 09:18 AM   #1103
ligastar
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ligastar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: #TEAMSPIETH
Posts: 18,131
Re: THE Official 2017/2018 PGA Tour Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precept2 View Post
Is that Danny Willett that is in at -2 after today's round?
he's been playing well the past few weeks or so. figured something out, or healthy again, or both.
ligastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 11:06 AM   #1104
campfirewest
Pooh-Bah
 
campfirewest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,997
Re: THE Official 2017/2018 PGA Tour Season Thread

Good for him. I wonder what the change has been?
campfirewest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 01:04 PM   #1105
Booker Wolfbox
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Booker Wolfbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ohio State Compliance Dept
Posts: 24,649
Re: THE Official 2017/2018 PGA Tour Season Thread

Lol DJ
Booker Wolfbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 02:50 PM   #1106
rivercitybirdie
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,255
Re: THE Official 2017/2018 PGA Tour Season Thread

brittany lincicome +6 near the end at barbasol.

she took a triple bogey on a par 3 without a penalty stroke. i thought that's almost impossible for a golf pro (man or woman)....

basically looks like longer par 3's did her in today
rivercitybirdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 10:46 PM   #1107
ligastar
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ligastar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: #TEAMSPIETH
Posts: 18,131
Re: THE Official 2017/2018 PGA Tour Season Thread

prob first time in sanctioned tournament history right?

16-year-old Thai player goes ace-albatross in AJGA event

http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/...oss-ajga-event
ligastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 10:54 PM   #1108
ligastar
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ligastar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: #TEAMSPIETH
Posts: 18,131
Re: THE Official 2017/2018 PGA Tour Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by campfirewest View Post
Good for him. I wonder what the change has been?
saw this on the official Open Championship site:

ligastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 08:42 AM   #1109
True North
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
True North's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 21,238
Re: THE Official 2017/2018 PGA Tour Season Thread

Hunter Mahan is tied for the lead at the Barbasol. I’d completely forgotten about him, couldn’t believe he’s now outside the top 700. It’d be pretty nice to see him ship this.
True North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 08:54 PM   #1110
PokerHero77
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 509
Re: THE Official 2017/2018 PGA Tour Season Thread

From someone familiar with Mahan, not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
PokerHero77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 02:23 PM   #1111
Spottswoode
veteran
 
Spottswoode's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: I'm on a farm in Bellarus
Posts: 2,919
Re: THE Official 2017/2018 PGA Tour Season Thread

Troy Merritt's boys are named scout and dodge.....
Spottswoode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 12:28 AM   #1112
Klingbard
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Klingbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 2018 MLS CUP CHAMPS
Posts: 7,688
Re: THE Official 2017/2018 PGA Tour Season Thread

ryder cup standings

RANKPLAYERPOINTSOWGR
1BROOKS KOEPKA8,981.474
2DUSTIN JOHNSON7,809.291
3PATRICK REED7,740.6313
4JUSTIN THOMAS6,727.053
5BUBBA WATSON5,509.3914
6JORDAN SPIETH5,148.318
7RICKIE FOWLER4,620.249
8WEBB SIMPSON4,277.8121
----top 8 w/4 captains picks----- 
9Bryson DECHAMBEAU4,236.8623
10Phil MICKELSON4,120.7022
11Xander SCHAUFFELE3,803.7018
12Matt KUCHAR3,715.4526
13Kevin KISNER3,332.2525
14Tony FINAU3,275.1828
15Brian HARMAN3,241.9130
16Kevin NA3,051.2741
17Aaron WISE2,378.5782
18Zach JOHNSON2,371.9049
19Kyle STANLEY2,362.1737
20Tiger WOODS2,340.0450
21Jimmy WALKER2,292.8968
22Kevin CHAPPELL2,245.3847
23Charley HOFFMAN2,213.2434
24Gary WOODLAND2,164.4643
25Chez REAVIE2,114.3263
26Ryan MOORE2,112.8671
27Luke LIST2,073.3245
28Patrick CANTLAY2,039.7727
29J.B. HOLMES2,032.9484
30Andrew LANDRY2,028.1279

34 Dufner, 39 Perez (36 owgr), 42 Snedeker

Safe to say Tiger would be a better captain's pick than Phil right now, but conventional wisdom says there is no universe in which Phil doesn't get picked.

Kuchar very likely to get picked. Obviously anybody now in the top 8 that might fall out will get a pick. Everyone else has a month to earn their ticket. I'd say there is one spot between shamwow and mister x.

Last edited by Klingbard; 07-24-2018 at 12:40 AM.
Klingbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 01:24 AM   #1113
Dominic
Tripod
 
Dominic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Vegas
Posts: 64,059
Re: THE Official 2017/2018 PGA Tour Season Thread

the latest Feherty with Ian Poulter is quite entertaining. I've always liked Poulter...don't care what anyone says.
Dominic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 12:19 PM   #1114
Tom Ames
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Trapped in an alley in Abilene, with all but four shells spent
Posts: 21,090
Re: THE Official 2017/2018 PGA Tour Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
the latest Feherty with Ian Poulter is quite entertaining. I've always liked Poulter...don't care what anyone says.
Confirms my expectations. I wanted to watch it last night, but a movie interfered. No DVR currently, so I will have to look for reruns.
Tom Ames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 12:44 PM   #1115
campfirewest
Pooh-Bah
 
campfirewest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,997
Re: THE Official 2017/2018 PGA Tour Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klingbard View Post
ryder cup standings

RANKPLAYERPOINTSOWGR
1BROOKS KOEPKA8,981.474
2DUSTIN JOHNSON7,809.291
3PATRICK REED7,740.6313
4JUSTIN THOMAS6,727.053
5BUBBA WATSON5,509.3914
6JORDAN SPIETH5,148.318
7RICKIE FOWLER4,620.249
8WEBB SIMPSON4,277.8121
----top 8 w/4 captains picks----- 
9Bryson DECHAMBEAU4,236.8623
10Phil MICKELSON4,120.7022
11Xander SCHAUFFELE3,803.7018
12Matt KUCHAR3,715.4526
13Kevin KISNER3,332.2525
14Tony FINAU3,275.1828
15Brian HARMAN3,241.9130
16Kevin NA3,051.2741
17Aaron WISE2,378.5782
18Zach JOHNSON2,371.9049
19Kyle STANLEY2,362.1737
20Tiger WOODS2,340.0450
21Jimmy WALKER2,292.8968
22Kevin CHAPPELL2,245.3847
23Charley HOFFMAN2,213.2434
24Gary WOODLAND2,164.4643
25Chez REAVIE2,114.3263
26Ryan MOORE2,112.8671
27Luke LIST2,073.3245
28Patrick CANTLAY2,039.7727
29J.B. HOLMES2,032.9484
30Andrew LANDRY2,028.1279

34 Dufner, 39 Perez (36 owgr), 42 Snedeker

Safe to say Tiger would be a better captain's pick than Phil right now, but conventional wisdom says there is no universe in which Phil doesn't get picked.

Kuchar very likely to get picked. Obviously anybody now in the top 8 that might fall out will get a pick. Everyone else has a month to earn their ticket. I'd say there is one spot between shamwow and mister x.
Phil and Tiger are guaranteed picks. I agree Kuchar is likely the 3rd. For the 4th I think Xander has the best chance of playing well, Bryson would be much better from a marketing perspective.
campfirewest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 01:44 PM   #1116
CalledDownLight
Toonces the Posting Bot
 
CalledDownLight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: DUKE FOOTBALL<DUKE BASKETBALL
Posts: 87,444
Re: THE Official 2017/2018 PGA Tour Season Thread

ideally one of Bryson, PHIL, Finau, or Tiger will get into the 8th spot and Webb doesn't make the team.

I wouldn't take Kuchar. Frankly he isn't good enough to pass over some young guys for imo and PHIL is a lock and that would leave the team with enough experience especially if Tiger makes it.

I'd rather have Kisner than Kuchar for his putting which I think could be a boon in the 4ball and 4somes matches.

I don't love Finau's game for the format or how I have seen the course described, but he is undoubtedly more talented than many of the other guys who would be considered. I also think he has the ability to perform under pressure and getting him experience doesn't seem bad.

If Webb slips from 8 I hope one of those guys slides in and its 5 of: Tiger, Phil, Bryson, Xander, Kisner, Finau.
CalledDownLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 09:23 AM   #1117
revots33
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
revots33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,481
Re: THE Official 2017/2018 PGA Tour Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
the latest Feherty with Ian Poulter is quite entertaining. I've always liked Poulter...don't care what anyone says.
He had Poulter on once before and I enjoyed it, he seems like a good guy with a sense of humor about himself.
revots33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 10:44 AM   #1118
pokeraz
old hand
 
pokeraz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,818
Re: THE Official 2017/2018 PGA Tour Season Thread

I DVR the Feherty show because it is awesome. Deleted the Poulter episode without watching because Poulter is an *******. This is the first time I’ve seen someone say they actually like him.
pokeraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 10:51 AM   #1119
campfirewest
Pooh-Bah
 
campfirewest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,997
Re: THE Official 2017/2018 PGA Tour Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalledDownLight View Post
ideally one of Bryson, PHIL, Finau, or Tiger will get into the 8th spot and Webb doesn't make the team.

I wouldn't take Kuchar. Frankly he isn't good enough to pass over some young guys for imo and PHIL is a lock and that would leave the team with enough experience especially if Tiger makes it.

I'd rather have Kisner than Kuchar for his putting which I think could be a boon in the 4ball and 4somes matches.

I don't love Finau's game for the format or how I have seen the course described, but he is undoubtedly more talented than many of the other guys who would be considered. I also think he has the ability to perform under pressure and getting him experience doesn't seem bad.

If Webb slips from 8 I hope one of those guys slides in and its 5 of: Tiger, Phil, Bryson, Xander, Kisner, Finau.
I like the Kisner pick. His mentality seems perfect for the Ryder Cup.
campfirewest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 11:55 AM   #1120
revots33
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
revots33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,481
Re: THE Official 2017/2018 PGA Tour Season Thread

I'd take Kuchar over Kisner. Kuch comes off as mellow but he is just as tough a competitor as Kisner. He's a lot better tee-to-green and is a solid putter in his own right. Has not had a great year but I'd take him, especially with all his Ryder Cup experience.
revots33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 12:00 PM   #1121
revots33
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
revots33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,481
Re: THE Official 2017/2018 PGA Tour Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeraz View Post
I DVR the Feherty show because it is awesome. Deleted the Poulter episode without watching because Poulter is an *******. This is the first time I’ve seen someone say they actually like him.

Maybe if you watched it you'd like him also!

Poults seems like one of those guys who enjoys pissing people off and playing the heel, but he seems pretty self-aware and can be self-deprecating and funny in interviews.

Maybe he's a bit of a jerk, but he's an entertaining one and pretty harmless overall. And you have to give the guy credit, he's a grinder who makes the most of his limited natural ability.
revots33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 03:49 PM   #1122
ligastar
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ligastar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: #TEAMSPIETH
Posts: 18,131
Re: THE Official 2017/2018 PGA Tour Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by revots33 View Post
I'd take Kuchar over Kisner. Kuch comes off as mellow but he is just as tough a competitor as Kisner. He's a lot better tee-to-green and is a solid putter in his own right. Has not had a great year but I'd take him, especially with all his Ryder Cup experience.
story checks out: Kooch #69 SG tee-to-green, Kiz #163. that's a pretty ****ty tee-to-green ranking. i'd also take Kooch over Kiz for the reasons revots mentions.

also, i like Poults. dude is a RC slayer and i respect the hell out of that. there's a funny pic of Poulter in the Feherty episode ... he's wearing a necklace (which is almost a choker) with a cross and a funny looking hat. dude keeps it interesting on the course and with his wardrobe.
ligastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 08:26 PM   #1123
rtd353
veteran
 
rtd353's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,369
Re: THE Official 2017/2018 PGA Tour Season Thread

Bryson has crushed in amateur match play events and he just seems like one of those really competitive guys who takes competing for his country really seriously and would perform really well in a Ryder Cup.

Finau and Tiger should be locks.
rtd353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 12:23 AM   #1124
campfirewest
Pooh-Bah
 
campfirewest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,997
Re: THE Official 2017/2018 PGA Tour Season Thread

I'm not down with Finau. Can't really explain why but I think he's this super talented guy who would disappoint in the Ryder Cup.
campfirewest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 10:36 AM   #1125
PokerHero77
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 509
Re: THE Official 2017/2018 PGA Tour Season Thread

Chicks dig the long ball.
PokerHero77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online