Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread

03-10-2013 , 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lozen
As one of the Tiger dislikers I do think he will regain # 1 position and as I never thought he would not win another major right now would not bet against him His game looked incredible for 3-1/2 rounds. Back 9 today wasn't great but he won.

Also Tiger would be the first to say its all about the Majors

Rory looked great also today but the Tiger Lovers never admit the #1 player in the world is back and on top of his game. Has to be a favorite for the Masters
.

Though for me Steve Stricker winning the Masters would be the best or Mike Weir
Um what?? You cant possibly be saying Rory should be the favorite to win the Masters. Hes played a round and a half of good golf and all of a sudden hes back on top of his game? Must have missed that memo that round and a half tells the story. Have you forgot about his first few events? Didnt break par lol. He definitely shouldnt be a favorite to win the masters.

edit: Im also a Rory fan although I did lose a bit of respect for him walking off last week. If I thought Rory was due credit, Id have no problem giving it to him but the fact is he played good for 27 holes when realistically no media or spotlight was on him because Tiger was destroying the field. Golf tournaments are 72 holes last time I checked
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
03-10-2013 , 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lozen

Though for me Steve Stricker winning the Masters would be the best or Mike Weir
Mike weir! Rotfl. He might be the person in the field drawing most dead and that includes the amateurs who get to play.
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
03-10-2013 , 11:19 PM
Rory confirmed back LOL
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
03-10-2013 , 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lozen
Rory looked great also today but the Tiger Lovers never admit the #1 player in the world is back and on top of his game. Has to be a favorite for the Masters.
Tiger wins two tournaments while Rory has one good round on tour this year yet is a favorite for The Masters?

Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
03-10-2013 , 11:24 PM
Lozen is so terrabad at golf handicapping I might consider taking blind the other side of any bet he proposed.
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
03-10-2013 , 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoslayer
Well at least this win is meaningless. Win all the non majors he wants fine with me.
Extremely strong field. Almost all of these players will be playing in the majors. The leaderboard was about as stacked as it will ever be in any tournament. It's far from meaningless - no tournament is, really.
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
03-11-2013 , 02:51 AM
Ivanka is hot.

Rory finally pulled his curly head out of his ass. Thank God - just got tickets for Shell Houston today and was looking forward to watching him not suck ass.

Tiger looked absolutely FURIOUS when that approach on 18 almost went in the water.

Tiger ended up winning by 1. It's not crazy to think Stricker's tips gained him 1+ strokes over the 4 days.

G-Mac with horrific putting all week. Haven't looked at his stats but I'd guess he lost quite a bit to the field in putting this week. He struck the ball so well but forgot that putting matters I guess.

First page of the leadererboard I counted 22 majors. Tiger 14, Phil 4, Rory 2, Bradley 1, G-Mac 1. Not bad. Pretty sick that Rory basically had 1 really good round and finished 8th.

Great tourney all-in-all. I hope Trump doesn't **** up the course or anything.
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
03-11-2013 , 06:45 AM
I don't want to overstate it, but the closings at both wins have not been pretty and I would think TW is concerned about it. I'm a fanboy, but I'd like to see him close out something more strongly before I believe he's all the way "back". The mental piece has been what I think he's been missing for 3 years, just not quite the same.
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
03-11-2013 , 07:58 AM
ARC - He won by 2.
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
03-11-2013 , 07:59 AM
"I'd be concerned about it if I wasn't blowing out the field every win. Otherwise I won't care much until someone comes from behind on Sunday." - Tiger Woods

Seriously, the dude has nobody in his rearview mirror and he starts to lose focus a little. Maybe he doesn't feel the need to stomp on everyone's throat anymore like he used to when he's cruising to victory.
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
03-11-2013 , 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovis8
Lozen is so terrabad at golf handicapping I might consider taking blind the other side of any bet he proposed.
If you think I think Mike Weir is gonna win you just dont get a little humor. Steve Stricker is a sentimental choice and is one of the best not to win a Major.

Rory is the number 1 player in the world and may have found his game. Of course Tiger is the Favorite to win and I am sure Vegas will have as a 5/2 favorite or worse if your betting.

I can remember when Tiger was looking for a win after his wife attacking him with a win and he was playing poorly yet finishing in the top ten. Rory was looking not good first three rounds and grinded out a top ten.

As for Rory withdrawing he admitted it and apologized. When he apologized he didn't restrict which media people showed up He is young move on. I am sure he was fined and the players should be giving him the gears also.

Not everybody has to love Tiger Woods. You still have to be concerned about his Sunday Finishes. The old Tiger never took the foot of the gas pedal


Had to love the Kid wearing the over sized Ricky Fowler hat. Shows that some of these young guys are bringing in the new fans.

Last edited by lozen; 03-11-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
03-11-2013 , 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Your Boss
I don't want to overstate it, but the closings at both wins have not been pretty and I would think TW is concerned about it. I'm a fanboy, but I'd like to see him close out something more strongly before I believe he's all the way "back". The mental piece has been what I think he's been missing for 3 years, just not quite the same.

rest assured TW isn't losing any sleep over his finishes. 17 yesterday he hit a very poor tee-shot and second. He did play the % with the lead he had and made sure he didn't leave his third short, so he hits long and two putts. great 3 stroke lead now.

18 he blow it right cause left is death. pitches out ( smart) hits a poor 3rd and still gets a 5.

I would say it went according to plan.

Keegan Bradley should just switch to a regular putter, he can't make squat with the belly.
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
03-11-2013 , 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lozen
If you think I think Mike Weir is gonna win you just dont get a little humor. Steve Stricker is a sentimental choice and is one of the best not to win a Major.

Rory is the number 1 player in the world and may have found his game. Of course Tiger is the Favorite to win and I am sure Vegas will have as a 5/2 favorite or worse if your betting.

I can remember when Tiger was looking for a win after his wife attacking him with a win and he was playing poorly yet finishing in the top ten. Rory was looking not good first three rounds and grinded out a top ten.

As for Rory withdrawing he admitted it and apologized. When he apologized he didn't restrict which media people showed up He is young move on. I am sure he was fined and the players should be giving him the gears also.

Not everybody has to love Tiger Woods. You still have to be concerned about his Sunday Finishes. The old Tiger never took the foot of the gas pedal


Had to love the Kid wearing the over sized Ricky Fowler hat. Shows that some of these young guys are bringing in the new fans.



Woods owns a 514 record when holding at least a share of the lead after 54 holes, and 392 record when holding the outright lead.[6]


BUAhahahahahah yeah real concerned.

does he have sharp knees also?
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
03-11-2013 , 12:09 PM
Tiger haters are pretty delusional. Everything went pretty much according to plan yesterday and who cares about his finish in his first win. He had an 8 shot lead and play was as slow as ever. Tiger is just fine.
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
03-11-2013 , 12:10 PM
It's pretty amazing that Rory hasn't been back to N. Ireland to get that tooth removed yet put in a great round yesterday and when asked about how he did it his answer was "I've been putting in a lot of work lately".

LOL TEETH
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
03-11-2013 , 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Rod's Cousin
It's pretty amazing that Rory hasn't been back to N. Ireland to get that tooth removed yet put in a great round yesterday and when asked about how he did it his answer was "I've been putting in a lot of work lately".

LOL TEETH

We all know the tooth excuse was crap. If it was an issue with his money he would have removed it within a few days. He apologized. No dentists in the USA that could do it?

Quote:
Keegan Bradley should just switch to a regular putter, he can't make squat with the belly.
Or ask for lessons from Stricker
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
03-11-2013 , 12:22 PM
Watching on TV it is really hard to grasp, but based upon the play of the hole, it appears #18 might be even harder than mere mortals might imagine.

It looked to be playing nearly impossible. The tee shot must have been terrifying in those conditions, but the approach looks like it was even harder.

I loved it. I wish every tournament every week finished on that hole or one just as tough.

I always think of John Daly at the US Open, whining how it wasn't "fair." What's not fair about a hole that every single guy in the field has to play? So what if it's playing two strokes over par?

Poulter wants Trump to blow up the hole. I say it's perfect.
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
03-11-2013 , 01:07 PM
Poulter is such a d-bag.
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
03-11-2013 , 01:08 PM
If you made a golf hole that required a 330 yard carry over water that only DJ and Bubba could make, is that fair?

A golf hole can absolutely be unfair if it punishes good shots. (I don't think 18 is unfair btw)
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
03-11-2013 , 03:00 PM
I guess there has to be some sort of balance. You don't want the skill factor to be completely overwhelmed by luck and yet the holes that do contain some of the latter tend to be the most exciting for fans. You just don't want to go to the extreme and put a rotating windmill that you have to putt through on every hole.
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
03-11-2013 , 03:27 PM
Par 5s will always be the best finishing holes.
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
03-11-2013 , 03:29 PM
There is definitely a line between difficult and unfair. Sometimes they cross it at the US open but not often. For me unfair means a good shot gets unfairly punished. Nothing about 18 at Doral is unfair. Seems to play exactly how it's designed.

I think the year Goosen won the US open at Southern Hills? they lost that course and it was playing unfair.
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
03-11-2013 , 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper50000
I think the year Goosen won the US open at Southern Hills? they lost that course and it was playing unfair.
You're thinking of Shinneock in 2004. The only hole that was unfair was the redan designed #7 and only before they got water on it during the last round.

BO
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
03-11-2013 , 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loK2thabrain
Poulter is such a d-bag.
Correct
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
03-11-2013 , 05:21 PM
Yeah if htey shaved the grass down between the 18 green and the water that would have been pretty unfair. Well, hell, Sergio's ball spun back through the grass and into the water, but he hit a really bad shot.

Keegan Bradley's putting stroke tilts the hell out of me with how flat it is. It just looks so gross. I love Keegan though.
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote

      
m