Seriously though that is unbelievable that he'd destroy a locker. Breaking your club on the ground is one thing but killing a locker is pretty bat**** cray. Unless someone from the club was laughing at him and calling him a piece of Eurotrash or something... but even still. Unreal. Then he goes out and goes -4 through his first 6. WTF?
If someone was laughing at him it wouldn't have been the locker that he destroyed.
Now I want to see him completely dominate for about 68 holes and then have an epic meltdown.
I assume he means "well-known," which Tiger clearly is.
I've seen quite a few pundits say that Tiger is probably the most popular golfer in the world . . . to general sports fans. Though he may not be the most popular to golfers in particular
Popular doesn't mean well-known though.
1. Widely liked or appreciated: a popular resort.
2. Liked by acquaintances; sought after for company: "Beware of over-great pleasure in being popular or even beloved" (Margaret Fuller).
3. Of, representing, or carried on by the people at large: the popular vote.
4. Fit for, adapted to, or reflecting the taste of the people at large: popular entertainment; popular science.
5. Accepted by or prevalent among the people in general: a popular misunderstanding of the issue.
6. Suited to or within the means of ordinary people: popular prices.
7. Originating among the people: popular legend.
Even the GOAT (Jack, until Tiger proves otherwise ) wasn't that popular at one time - when he was beating up on Arnie. But he (Arnie) was/is popular, as is Jack now.
As a Tiger fan year is so close to being a complete failure if he doesn't right the ship here. How many times you gonna piss down your leg in the biggest tournaments of the year bro? 5 wins is great but god damn this **** getting a bit old.