Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread

01-30-2013 , 12:54 AM
That schedule is pretty hardcore, but it's obviously a workout based around being cut and not being huge.

Obviously it's incomplete though, since it references "normal weights" but he never lifts those normal amounts.

My back would literally fall apart if I played that much golf.
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
01-30-2013 , 12:57 AM
The one thing about that schedule that gets my attention is how little actual substance he eats in comparison to the amount of exercise he does.

I wonder what his dinner consisted of.
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
01-30-2013 , 12:58 AM
The workout I read was more of what he did in the gym and it was extremely intense. The dude just has a good work ethic and wants to always be the best. Dont see someone with that mentality ever taking steroids when he was already starting to dominate the game.

And yeah with Tiger, you never know if thats even his schedule. He doesnt give away any more info than he has to.
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
01-30-2013 , 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakYaNeck
Hmm it was something else I read back in the day, probably not worth worrying about. Wonder how much he actual sticks to that schedule now though.
I think this is his most up to date workout and probably what he does when he doesn't have his kids.

And re: normal weights. Tiger doesn't do very much heavy lifting. His workouts are more tailored for endurance with less weight and lots of reps.
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
01-30-2013 , 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakYaNeck
The workout I read was more of what he did in the gym and it was extremely intense. The dude just has a good work ethic and wants to always be the best. Dont see someone with that mentality ever taking steroids when he was already starting to dominate the game.

And yeah with Tiger, you never know if thats even his schedule. He doesnt give away any more info than he has to.
I agree re:steroids. He has a ton of pride in his working out and making golf a "sport" mentality.
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
01-30-2013 , 02:07 AM
He's probably gotten a little shorter since Elin clubbed him over the head with a 9-iron.
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
01-30-2013 , 02:11 AM
in addition golf isnt a sport where steroids or doping is prevalent. i mean its not like all the competition is using it and you need an edge. isnt it reported that everyone was doping in the tour de france. i personally would be more shocked if tiger was doping than any other athlete in any other major sport.

as far as recovery from surgery, various hgh are often prescribed by doctors and is totally legal. i personally would not find it unethical to use any form of prescribed medication to recover from major surgery. as long as it is not used in or for competition i dont see issues with it from a recovery stand point. its just modern medicine.
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
01-30-2013 , 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakYaNeck
The workout I read was more of what he did in the gym and it was extremely intense. The dude just has a good work ethic and wants to always be the best. Dont see someone with that mentality ever taking steroids when he was already starting to dominate the game.

And yeah with Tiger, you never know if thats even his schedule. He doesnt give away any more info than he has to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtWrldChamp
I agree re:steroids. He has a ton of pride in his working out and making golf a "sport" mentality.
You guys cannot possibly know if this is true - you aren't omniscient. These comments reek of fanboism to the highest level.

Same crap would have been said by fanbois of guys like Bonds, Clemens, ManRam, Canseco, Caminiti, Ray Lewis, Lance Armstrong, etc.

We have no idea what people do when we can't see them 24/7. Yet the easiest story for us fans to believe is the one we want to believe.

I hope you also realize that "having a good work ethic", "pride", and "making golf a sport mentality" (what the hell does this mean anyway), are not mutually exclusive from "jamming roids into his ass".

Put another way, a person can inject themselves with ROIDS and still hit the gym and have a good work ethic.
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
01-30-2013 , 03:51 AM
except those people you mentioned have all been proven to have used banned substances. is there evidence of tiger using peds? did stevie come forward and say he used to shoot up tiger in the locker room in between rounds?

are we saying tiger used peds because he looks kinda buff?
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
01-30-2013 , 09:08 AM
Lol man you guys crack me up. With the amount of evidence you guys have, you mise well say any ripped player in any sport has used Roids, mise well add Jordan in there too since he was GOAT. You guys have 0 evidence whatsoever so dont bother arguing hes used roids.

Whats really mind boggling is how many of you apparently doesnt think its normal to get in that of good of shape without roids. I mean we didnt see a jump in 3 months where he went from scrawny to ripped. The change happened over time.

Definitely more of a Tiger hater thing than a Tiger fan boy


@Arods cousin, how can you say we cant be true when we say he has a ton of pride in his working out or making golf a "sport" mentality? Have you watched interviews with him? Have you seen the Tiger series? Hes addressed this multiple times and has said he takes pride in both categories.

LOL HATERS
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
01-30-2013 , 09:21 AM
Deer Antler Spray tho
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
01-30-2013 , 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nih han
except those people you mentioned have all been proven to have used banned substances. is there evidence of tiger using peds? did stevie come forward and say he used to shoot up tiger in the locker room in between rounds?

are we saying tiger used peds because he looks kinda buff?
THe only evidence out there is his association with Dr. Anthony Galea. Your right its no smoking gun.
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
01-30-2013 , 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schu_22
I shook Ndamukong Suh's hand once and I can tell you his penis is huge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmthawk64
I shook Torrey Smiths hand once and I can tell you his penis is also huge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Rod's Cousin
I sucked Shaquille O'Neal's dick once and I can assure you his hands are big.
I lol'd
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
01-30-2013 , 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Rod's Cousin
I sucked Shaquille O'Neal's dick once and I can assure you his hands are big.
:thumbup:
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
01-30-2013 , 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lozen
THe only evidence out there is his association with Dr. Anthony Galea. Your right its no smoking gun.
According to The New York Times, Galea visited Tiger Woods at his Orlando home at least four times in February and March 2009 to administer PRPódesigned to speed recovery from injuries--,[10] and that Woods responded well to the treatment.


In January 2011, the World Anti-Doping Agency removed intramuscular injections of PRP from its prohibitions after determining that there is a "lack of any current evidence concerning the use of these methods for purposes of performance enhancement.

so basically guilt by association i see.
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
01-30-2013 , 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schu_22
Deer Antler Spray tho
Meh seems like more people are saying he was on roids in his prime. Still dont think he would do it for his last recovery but I guess thats literally the only time it could be a possibility
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
01-30-2013 , 12:13 PM
Net worth on the line, I say he used hgh for recovery.

I also have no problem with it and don't think it taints his career one bit if true.
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
01-30-2013 , 12:34 PM
Tiger has had knee issues his entire career, multiple surgeries where he always came back quickly. Before his 2008 U.S. Open win, it was not against the rules to use HGH or steroids, so these would have been an option to help heal quickly and perhaps stay healthy.

But after his ACL surgery, he wasn't legally allowed to use those products to help recover. And for whatever reason, his body just wouldn't heal. He kept having various issues crop up which caused his WD from several events. It wasn't until last year where his body was truly healthy to where he could put the proper work into his game.

It took that long for his body to recover, and this from an athlete who had always healed quickly and who won a major on a broken leg. It's a dramatic difference. Add his relationship with a known injector and the pieces fit very neatly into place.

Just my opinion, and as I've said before, I can't blame the guy if that's what he did to heal when it was allowed. But to unequivocally believe he's squeaky clean in this regard shows naivete.

BO
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
01-30-2013 , 01:42 PM
His early injuries/surgeries were nowhere near as severe as the 2008 surgery. He had a few benign tumors removed in the 90s and some fluid drained in 2002(fluid was a result from previous surgery). The fluid draining is a fairly simple/routine procedure. Comparing his recovery from a fluid draining to having reconstructive ACL surgery on an ACL that basically didn't even exist is unreal.

He missed 8 months from ACL reconstruction surgery, the normal recovery time from said surgery is 7-9 months. While rehabing from the ACL surgery he injures his achilles. Since then he has had 2 flare ups of those injuries. 2 years later in 2011 at Augusta from a nasty lie in the pine straw he sprains both the knee and the achilles leading to a WD at the Players and DNPs in the US Open and British. Then again in 2012 the injury flared up briefly at the WGC Cadilac. News flash, someone who has had multiple knee surgeries and achilles injuries is prone to have them flare up every now and again.

I'm not saying it's impossible he took something, but from looking at his career it doesn't appear so. He has gained no discernible advantage in the distance category since stepping on Tour, something that seems very difficult to believe if he was on steroids given his commitment to working out. He's put on weight and size just like every athlete from their early 20s to their mid 30s, its just more noticeable on Tiger because he came out of college at less than 160 lbs and the rest of the Tour is no comparison to him. He's hasn't had any insanely fast recoveries and has flare ups of previous injuries from time to time.

You guys on the other hand think there is a greater than 50% chance he has taken something which I think is insanely high. And BO keeps going back on this "it was allowed" in his first injuries. Do you mean illegal steroids/HGH that is not generally used to recover from these surgeries? Or do you mean legal stuff that doctors still use today that are "banned" substances on the PGA Tour and other sports? There is a pretty big difference there.
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
01-30-2013 , 02:19 PM
NWC, gun to your head, guy asks you "Did Tiger Woods, at any point in his PGA Tour career, take illegal performance-enhancing drugs?"

You answer No?

RIP NxtWrldChamp
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
01-30-2013 , 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtWrldChamp
His early injuries/surgeries were nowhere near as severe as the 2008 surgery. He had a few benign tumors removed in the 90s and some fluid drained in 2002(fluid was a result from previous surgery). The fluid draining is a fairly simple/routine procedure. Comparing his recovery from a fluid draining to having reconstructive ACL surgery on an ACL that basically didn't even exist is unreal.

He missed 8 months from ACL reconstruction surgery, the normal recovery time from said surgery is 7-9 months. While rehabing from the ACL surgery he injures his achilles. Since then he has had 2 flare ups of those injuries. 2 years later in 2011 at Augusta from a nasty lie in the pine straw he sprains both the knee and the achilles leading to a WD at the Players and DNPs in the US Open and British. Then again in 2012 the injury flared up briefly at the WGC Cadilac. News flash, someone who has had multiple knee surgeries and achilles injuries is prone to have them flare up every now and again.

I'm not saying it's impossible he took something, but from looking at his career it doesn't appear so. He has gained no discernible advantage in the distance category since stepping on Tour, something that seems very difficult to believe if he was on steroids given his commitment to working out. He's put on weight and size just like every athlete from their early 20s to their mid 30s, its just more noticeable on Tiger because he came out of college at less than 160 lbs and the rest of the Tour is no comparison to him. He's hasn't had any insanely fast recoveries and has flare ups of previous injuries from time to time.

You guys on the other hand think there is a greater than 50% chance he has taken something which I think is insanely high. And BO keeps going back on this "it was allowed" in his first injuries. Do you mean illegal steroids/HGH that is not generally used to recover from these surgeries? Or do you mean legal stuff that doctors still use today that are "banned" substances on the PGA Tour and other sports? There is a pretty big difference there.
exactly. people always lump steroids into one large group that is usually associated with juicing up to get swoll. there are various kinds of steroids which are used for numerous issues ranging from treatment of brain tumor to skin diseases. anabolic steroids are the ones used to increase muscle synthesis and testosterone production. corticosteroids on the other hand can be used to treat joint pain and inflammation.

do people really think tiger was shooting up anabolic steroids while recovering from knee surgery?

if tiger did take certain drugs to recover from major knee surgery, it is not the same substance barry bonds and canseco and mark mcguire were taking to get huge so they can have an edge.
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
01-30-2013 , 02:26 PM
Yes my answer would be no. I'm all in that the chances of him using is way less than 50% so "no" is the obvious answer.
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
01-30-2013 , 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nih han
exactly. people always lump steroids into one large group that is usually associated with juicing up to get swoll. there are various kinds of steroids which are used for numerous issues ranging from treatment of brain tumor to skin diseases. anabolic steroids are the ones used to increase muscle synthesis and testosterone production. corticosteroids on the other hand can be used to treat joint pain and inflammation.

do people really think tiger was shooting up anabolic steroids while recovering from knee surgery?

if tiger did take certain drugs to recover from major knee surgery, it is not the same substance barry bonds and canseco and mark mcguire were taking to get huge so they can have an edge.
I don't think anyone is saying he was shooting up anabolic steroids.

The "edge" in this case would be simply being able to return sooner than he would have without any hgh or whatever.
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
01-30-2013 , 02:38 PM
I also not sure it was steroids but there are other performance enhancing drugs.

There is the therapy in this article that is illegal but may not have been illegal before. Do I blame any athlete that can recover quicker by utilizing performance enhancing drugs? Not at all

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=4744216
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote
01-30-2013 , 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Rod's Cousin
NWC, gun to your head, guy asks you "Did Tiger Woods, at any point in his PGA Tour career, take illegal performance-enhancing drugs?"

You answer No?

RIP NxtWrldChamp
stop being ignorant. illegal or banned? they are completely different. aas or anabolic steroids are considered a controlled substance and illegal in usa. other steroids and hgh are NOT illegal but some are banned by various sport associations.

did he take ILLEGAL peds like anabolic steroids? i would answer no because i doubt he is that stupid since there is little or no upside(added edge over competition) compared to the downside(loose everything he ever worked for to become greatest golfer in history).

has he taken substances to recover from surgery that are currently banned by some atheletic associations but were not banned by pga at the time? maybe.

both 2 questions and answers are completely different both ethically and morally.
Official 2013 PGA Tour FEDEX CUP Discussion Thread Quote

      
m