Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Golf Discuss the game of golf

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2018, 12:31 AM   #12201
GooseHinson
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
GooseHinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,087
Re: MISC/RANDOM/BS Golf Chatter Thread

What's that run all-in? about 8kUSD + net/mat? projector?

what is your real golf handicap and how does that compare?
GooseHinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 01:00 AM   #12202
#Thinman
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
#Thinman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: hot aisle
Posts: 10,997
Re: MISC/RANDOM/BS Golf Chatter Thread

Last I had a real cap I was an 11 at best on a very flat, relatively easy, muni course. We usually tell people you will run 10 shots +- better on the sim.

Assuming you have an indoor space with 9-10' ceilings & a decent gaming PC, you would need...

GC2 - $5400 refurb, ~$4200 used
Projector - ~$800-1000 (you'll want a short throw, Optima & BenQ seem to be the go-to's, I have a BenQ 1085ST)
Mat - $600 (Fiberbuilt, TruStrike or Divot Action) (don't waste your time and all this money and then get a crap mat, it effects every shot on your new multi thousand dollar toy) These are the 3 that are kind on your wrists
Screen & Framing - ~$400
JNPG - $35 on Steam
JNPG 1 yr. SimPass - $250 (annual reoccurring cost)

...so yeah, $7500-8000. There are definitely some things you can do to reduce...or increase...the cost.

For example, you can build a frame for the mat and just get a hitting 'insert' (typically 4'x1') and some turf for the stance portion for probably $200.

And you don't even need a screen/projector. We had a guy that took a net outside and used a monitor/laptop for the game for a year until he bought a house...

Then of course you can always increase by decking out the space with curtains, turf, putting area, stuff like that.

Im my case, I am outdoors in a 10x10x26' cage covered with a waterproof canvas tarp. Ran me around $1k I think. Damn tarp was expensive...

...and then if your really need to watch the budget, you can go with a SkyTrak over the GC2. It runs $2k and will cost an additional $100 per year gouging from SkyGolf, but it is a very acceptable unit. Plenty of them on tour including the tour winner on the NET side this year. But it can drive some people crazy also with the 'quirks'.
#Thinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 01:05 AM   #12203
GooseHinson
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
GooseHinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,087
Re: MISC/RANDOM/BS Golf Chatter Thread

Thanks for the info, I'll be looking into it next winter for indoor (lol snow). Ceilings are high enough in my garage 10' just gotta avoid the opener in the middle.
GooseHinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 01:30 AM   #12204
augie_
missed out on bitcoin
 
augie_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Springfield, IL
Posts: 21,343
Re: MISC/RANDOM/BS Golf Chatter Thread

it was 80+ degrees today and i got a glorious sunburn on the practice green. we're officially back!
augie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 02:00 PM   #12205
Suit
Pooh-Bah
 
Suit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,729
Re: MISC/RANDOM/BS Golf Chatter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by augie_ View Post
it was 80+ degrees today and i got a glorious sunburn on the practice green. we're officially back!
We have a blizzard coming tomorrow morning. 4-8" expected. We got 10" of snow on Monday and it has all melted already just in time for more. I had several rounds in by this time last year.
Suit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 02:37 PM   #12206
Booker Wolfbox
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Booker Wolfbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ohio State Compliance Dept
Posts: 23,838
Re: MISC/RANDOM/BS Golf Chatter Thread

Supposed to rain all weekend here, golf plans have been canceled and probably won’t even be able to hit a demo day.
Booker Wolfbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 03:47 PM   #12207
MinusEV
Giftastic!
 
MinusEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Don't trust men who walk with canes
Posts: 10,860
Re: MISC/RANDOM/BS Golf Chatter Thread

Had the first round of the year yesterday and it was awesome. I mean - results wise it sucked, but just getting out there and playing in the sunshine with my golf buddies, on still yellow fairways and greens that show the promise of turning green soon, was amazing.

These first rounds of the year really hammers home how awesome golf is and why I actually play it.

It reminds me of Thoreaus quote "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
MinusEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:01 PM   #12208
flabucki09
old hand
 
flabucki09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sunny Orlando
Posts: 1,521
Re: MISC/RANDOM/BS Golf Chatter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinusEV View Post

It reminds me of Thoreaus quote "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
Love this
flabucki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 12:30 AM   #12209
durango155
Pooh-Bah
 
durango155's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,473
Re: MISC/RANDOM/BS Golf Chatter Thread

Feel bad for you guys that can't tee it up. I went golfing and swimming in my pool last weekend LoLoLOlol
durango155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 09:14 AM   #12210
g-bebe
because robots are strong
 
g-bebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: JOSEPH VINCENT FLACCO
Posts: 19,070
Re: MISC/RANDOM/BS Golf Chatter Thread

We still had some snow on the ground and I just woke up to another dump. We won't be golfing until May here. FML.
g-bebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 07:34 PM   #12211
flabucki09
old hand
 
flabucki09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sunny Orlando
Posts: 1,521
Re: MISC/RANDOM/BS Golf Chatter Thread

Question for you taller golfers.

I had a new grip put on my putter and added 3 inches making it a 38 incher. Practice feels much more comfortable and I seem to be in a better putting position. Adding 3 inches to the standard setup worked for me here.

My question is at 6'1 are there thoughts that a standard length club set up might need to be looked at when the player is a certain height?
flabucki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 01:28 PM   #12212
Nchabazam
Pooh-Bah
 
Nchabazam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,737
Re: MISC/RANDOM/BS Golf Chatter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by flabucki09 View Post
Question for you taller golfers.

I had a new grip put on my putter and added 3 inches making it a 38 incher. Practice feels much more comfortable and I seem to be in a better putting position. Adding 3 inches to the standard setup worked for me here.

My question is at 6'1 are there thoughts that a standard length club set up might need to be looked at when the player is a certain height?
I'm 6'2" and play standard length irons, and 1/2 inch shorter driver/3 wood. My arms are long relative to my frame, so I certainly don't need/want longer clubs (they're harder to hit on the sweet spot imo). I use a 33" putter.

My back also never ever hurts, so I don't worry about that part of it.
Nchabazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 02:11 PM   #12213
g-bebe
because robots are strong
 
g-bebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: JOSEPH VINCENT FLACCO
Posts: 19,070
Re: MISC/RANDOM/BS Golf Chatter Thread

I'm also 6'2" but have always just played standard clubs. Really should get fitted at some point.
g-bebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 02:22 PM   #12214
Suit
Pooh-Bah
 
Suit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,729
Re: MISC/RANDOM/BS Golf Chatter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by durango155 View Post
Feel bad for you guys that can't tee it up. I went golfing and swimming in my pool last weekend LoLoLOlol
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-bebe View Post
We still had some snow on the ground and I just woke up to another dump. We won't be golfing until May here. FML.
We got 10" on Saturday and the forecast says 5-8" coming tomorrow. The excuses for living here are wearing thin. I live in Iowa FFS. It's not like this is Canada or something. What the $#!+
Suit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 12:21 AM   #12215
campfirewest
Pooh-Bah
 
campfirewest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,864
Re: MISC/RANDOM/BS Golf Chatter Thread

Winds were so high today where I am I saw a semi on the highway that was blown over. Its not cold but not golfable either.
campfirewest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 01:27 AM   #12216
ntanygd760
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ntanygd760's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,376
Re: MISC/RANDOM/BS Golf Chatter Thread

Snow on April 17th-18th. **** off Ohio
ntanygd760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 09:33 AM   #12217
scottc25
veteran
 
scottc25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: TPA
Posts: 2,722
Re: MISC/RANDOM/BS Golf Chatter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by campfirewest View Post
Winds were so high today where I am I saw a semi on the highway that was blown over. Its not cold but not golfable either.
Just play the downwind holes obv.
scottc25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 11:02 AM   #12218
Lord_Crispen
grinder
 
Lord_Crispen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: unknown
Posts: 576
Re: MISC/RANDOM/BS Golf Chatter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntanygd760 View Post
Snow on April 17th-18th. **** off Ohio
Right? I almost joined a private club that had an amazing deal offered back in January. $500 for full membership until May 31 and then you just take over monthly dues after that, no initiation fee.

I STILL wouldn't have gotten in a round here in Columbus. Really glad I didn't pull the trigger.
Lord_Crispen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 12:22 PM   #12219
flabucki09
old hand
 
flabucki09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sunny Orlando
Posts: 1,521
Re: MISC/RANDOM/BS Golf Chatter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntanygd760 View Post
Snow on April 17th-18th. **** off Ohio
Exactly why I moved from Pickerington Ohio 14 years ago.......
flabucki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 12:23 PM   #12220
flabucki09
old hand
 
flabucki09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sunny Orlando
Posts: 1,521
Re: MISC/RANDOM/BS Golf Chatter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Crispen View Post
Right? I almost joined a private club that had an amazing deal offered back in January. $500 for full membership until May 31 and then you just take over monthly dues after that, no initiation fee.

I STILL wouldn't have gotten in a round here in Columbus. Really glad I didn't pull the trigger.
Which club?
flabucki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 07:48 PM   #12221
#Thinman
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
#Thinman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: hot aisle
Posts: 10,997
Re: MISC/RANDOM/BS Golf Chatter Thread

ahhh, trip finally here. land in vegas at 10, tee off at bears at 12
#Thinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:10 AM   #12222
ntanygd760
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ntanygd760's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,376
Re: MISC/RANDOM/BS Golf Chatter Thread

I will say the good thing about NE Ohio is there is some really solid golf for really cheap compared to most places. Not sure if it worth it sometimes.
ntanygd760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:18 PM   #12223
scottc25
veteran
 
scottc25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: TPA
Posts: 2,722
Re: MISC/RANDOM/BS Golf Chatter Thread

Rant

Teed off at 4p today and rolled around in no time (playing with 1 other). Get to 13 fairway and we are waiting for green to clear. So I hit mine on, partner hits one short, chips over green, then on. We both two putt, get in cart and drive towards next tee when the threesome is just leaving the box. Fine.

They then to proceed to drive both carts next to the green (is a short par 3). Two get out and putt out, I can see the third talking on cell phone. They replace pin then the 3rd gets out and grabs putter and throws ball down where other two picked it up. HE finally finished and slow walks to cart.

We play the hole and drive to next tee as of course we are right behind them. They get in cart and drive off without a sound.

Back up a bit to the 13th green one of their carts was within 3 steps of the green (ages were 50s, 40s and 30s.

Now I've had enough. We drive through them to the next tee and I tell them to keep the carts away from the green (nicely) and say thank you as we go by.

When I am leaving (they are on 17 green, another par 3) I see both carts right next to the green.

I didn't recognize any of the three, not sure if they are members or not. I will be finding out in the morning though (pro shop closed when I finished).

The course this time of year just can't handle traffic near the green. Everything gets baked and you have lots of bare lies until the rains come.

I should have stopped my car when I drove by them on 17 green and take the keys to the carts.

/rant
scottc25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:20 PM   #12224
westhoff
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
westhoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Don't have to live like a refugee!
Posts: 16,774
Re: MISC/RANDOM/BS Golf Chatter Thread

I wouldn't have been nice about it, and called shop second time. That's so ****ing disgraceful.
westhoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:36 AM   #12225
ntanygd760
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ntanygd760's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,376
Re: MISC/RANDOM/BS Golf Chatter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc25 View Post
Rant

Teed off at 4p today and rolled around in no time (playing with 1 other). Get to 13 fairway and we are waiting for green to clear. So I hit mine on, partner hits one short, chips over green, then on. We both two putt, get in cart and drive towards next tee when the threesome is just leaving the box. Fine.

They then to proceed to drive both carts next to the green (is a short par 3). Two get out and putt out, I can see the third talking on cell phone. They replace pin then the 3rd gets out and grabs putter and throws ball down where other two picked it up. HE finally finished and slow walks to cart.

We play the hole and drive to next tee as of course we are right behind them. They get in cart and drive off without a sound.

Back up a bit to the 13th green one of their carts was within 3 steps of the green (ages were 50s, 40s and 30s.

Now I've had enough. We drive through them to the next tee and I tell them to keep the carts away from the green (nicely) and say thank you as we go by.

When I am leaving (they are on 17 green, another par 3) I see both carts right next to the green.

I didn't recognize any of the three, not sure if they are members or not. I will be finding out in the morning though (pro shop closed when I finished).

The course this time of year just can't handle traffic near the green. Everything gets baked and you have lots of bare lies until the rains come.

I should have stopped my car when I drove by them on 17 green and take the keys to the carts.

/rant
Straight up bush league public course bs. Members from some other club corp course?

Sadly private courses down by you that don't allow unaccompanied guest play probably cost an arm, leg and first born child.
ntanygd760 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online