Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Golf Discuss the game of golf

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2014, 08:17 PM   #151
DWetzel
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DWetzel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bathing my mogwai
Posts: 40,161
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakYaNeck View Post
Ok you are a complete retard. In what world is 4.12 SIGNIFICANTLY greater than 4?
When it's on a golf hole ldo, that's kind of the definition of how stroke averages work bro
DWetzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:18 PM   #152
BreakYaNeck
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BreakYaNeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 8,085
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWetzel View Post
When it's on a golf hole ldo, that's kind of the definition of how stroke averages work bro
.1 is not significant lolololol but once again when your argument is god awful, keep cherry picking what you want to quote so you dont look like more of an idiot
BreakYaNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:21 PM   #153
BreakYaNeck
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BreakYaNeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 8,085
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

I will offer the same thing to you as I did ARC

Want to put your money where your mouth is and bet on this via a poll? We can have like the 5 best posters here (ones with most golf experience and quality posters like BO, Ship, NXT, Your Boss and maybe one other) give their answer and whether or not Spieth closed that one out or if he was pretty lucky to come out of there with a win.

If you dont accept, just stfu as you have no leg to stand on then
BreakYaNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:23 PM   #154
DWetzel
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DWetzel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bathing my mogwai
Posts: 40,161
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakYaNeck View Post
Hearns and ZJs average on that hole was under par for the week. Dont give a *** what the fields was when they arent the ones in the playoff
actually you're even wrong here which is the hilarious thing

Hearn shot -1 in his 7 runs through the 18th hole (2 birdies, 4 pars, 1 bogey)
ZJ was +2 in his 7 (5 pars, 2 bogies)

so they were +1 combined, which last I checked was above par

You don't do your own scorecards I hope
DWetzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:24 PM   #155
DWetzel
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DWetzel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bathing my mogwai
Posts: 40,161
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakYaNeck View Post
.1 is not significant lolololol but once again when your argument is god awful, keep cherry picking what you want to quote so you dont look like more of an idiot
Two shots a round isn't significant? Man, just think, all those times you missed the cut by 3 in AAA golf that really wasn't significant at all, you're just as good as those guys
DWetzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:24 PM   #156
DWetzel
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DWetzel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bathing my mogwai
Posts: 40,161
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakYaNeck View Post
I will offer the same thing to you as I did ARC

Want to put your money where your mouth is and bet on this via a poll? We can have like the 5 best posters here (ones with most golf experience and quality posters like BO, Ship, NXT, Your Boss and maybe one other) give their answer and whether or not Spieth closed that one out or if he was pretty lucky to come out of there with a win.

If you dont accept, just stfu as you have no leg to stand on then
DWetzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:24 PM   #157
BreakYaNeck
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BreakYaNeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 8,085
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWetzel View Post
actually you're even wrong here which is the hilarious thing

Hearn shot -1 in his 7 runs through the 18th hole (2 birdies, 4 pars, 1 bogey)
ZJ was +2 in his 7 (5 pars, 2 bogies)

so they were +1 combined, which last I checked was above par

You don't do your own scorecards I hope
Was referring strictly to the first 72 holes since you ignored the first 4 holes of the actual playoff (because it proves you are wrong)

Last edited by Mike Haven; 05-15-2014 at 03:08 AM.
BreakYaNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:25 PM   #158
BreakYaNeck
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BreakYaNeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 8,085
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWetzel View Post
Yep, gonna run away now. Put up or shut up and no surprise you run like a btch
BreakYaNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:27 PM   #159
DWetzel
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DWetzel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bathing my mogwai
Posts: 40,161
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

I tell you what, I'll make you a counteroffer though:

We'll get 5 mathematics professors to tell you whether shooting a 4 on a hole where the average is 4.12 is good or not, if they don't agree with you you have to go suck Sergio Garcia's dick twice a day for a week
DWetzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:29 PM   #160
DWetzel
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DWetzel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bathing my mogwai
Posts: 40,161
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakYaNeck View Post
Was referring strictly to the first 72 holes since you ignored the first 4 holes of the actual playoff (because it proves you are wrong)

Keep cherry picking phaggot
It's good you don't call anyone names, I hear you could get banned for that around here

And obviously you want to cherry pick the 8 rounds that support your argument while ignoring the 6 from the same players that don't support it, and also ignoring the other 300+ rounds from actual golfers who are all also better than you

I'M NOT SURPRISED YOU WANT TO IGNORE THOSE THINGS THAT DON'T SUPPORT YOUR ARGUMENT but that doesn't mean that doing so makes you any more correct
DWetzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:31 PM   #161
BreakYaNeck
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BreakYaNeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 8,085
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

Amazing the amount of stupidity you show. In your average example trying to say I was wrong, you include the 5th playoff hole which obviously shouldnt be counted since those 3 did not know what they were going to score when they were on the tee. Put your money where your mouth is. Not that hard.

Sure 4> 4.12 but when something that happens 90-95% of the time doesnt happen, then the other side was very very lucky.
BreakYaNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:31 PM   #162
BreakYaNeck
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BreakYaNeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 8,085
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

Last post D Wetzel. Accept my wager above or shut up. Are you scared? Sure seems that way.
BreakYaNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:34 PM   #163
DWetzel
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DWetzel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bathing my mogwai
Posts: 40,161
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakYaNeck View Post
Yep, gonna run away now. Put up or shut up and no surprise you run like a btch
Why should I care if you can find other people who are bad at math in the universe? It doesn't make you correct.

And one of the people you're already certain is on your side already said "it depends", so, yeah. Be sure to specify that the hole they won with par is actually a hard one though, you know, big boy golf, not what you try to eke out a ****ty living at. I'm not taking a bet but be sure to let me know the results of your informal poll, I'd love to know who else sucks at math too.
DWetzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:35 PM   #164
DWetzel
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DWetzel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bathing my mogwai
Posts: 40,161
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakYaNeck View Post
Amazing the amount of stupidity you show. In your average example trying to say I was wrong, you include the 5th playoff hole which obviously shouldnt be counted since those 3 did not know what they were going to score when they were on the tee. Put your money where your mouth is. Not that hard.

Sure 4> 4.12 but when something that happens 90-95% of the time doesnt happen, then the other side was very very lucky.
Will you accept my wager that more than 15% of PGA Tour playoffs historically have been won by par or better? Less than 10% you win, 10-15% is a push.

Scared?
DWetzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:35 PM   #165
BreakYaNeck
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BreakYaNeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 8,085
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWetzel View Post
Why should I care if you can find other people who are bad at math in the universe? It doesn't make you correct.

And one of the people you're already certain is on your side already said "it depends", so, yeah. Be sure to specify that the hole they won with par is actually a hard one though, you know, big boy golf, not what you try to eke out a ****ty living at. I'm not taking a bet but be sure to let me know the results of your informal poll, I'd love to know who else sucks at math too.
Why are you ignoring the math on the first 4 playoff holes along with what happened on 18 in reg play and only focusing on the 5th playoff hole?

O wait I know why....
BreakYaNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:37 PM   #166
BreakYaNeck
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BreakYaNeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 8,085
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWetzel View Post
Will you accept my wager that more than 15% of PGA Tour playoffs historically have been won by par or better? Less than 10% you win, 10-15% is a push.

Scared?
Irrelevant since my entire argument was based on the fact that its a 3 man playoff. Id bet that less than 10% of the time has par won outright in a 3 man playoff definitely. Has to be the exact same scenario where both bogey and the one par wins. Snap accept that
BreakYaNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:40 PM   #167
DWetzel
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DWetzel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bathing my mogwai
Posts: 40,161
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakYaNeck View Post
Irrelevant since my entire argument was based on the fact that its a 3 man playoff. Id bet that less than 10% of the time has par won outright in a 3 man playoff definitely. Has to be the exact same scenario where both bogey and the one par wins. Snap accept that
That's not really what you argued before, but try not don't trip while you backpedal your way out of that one.

However, this does sort of pique my interest, so instead of trying to find words small enough for you to understand, I'm going to actually go look up 3-way (or more, because why not) playoffs. I assume that winning over multiple holes with nothing but pars would be good enough to qualify for this scenario, I don't see why it matters that they both have to bogey the same hole?
DWetzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:41 PM   #168
donniccolo
Pooh-Bah
 
donniccolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Columbus
Posts: 5,955
How's this kid supposed to play w so many people hanging from his nuts?!
donniccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:42 PM   #169
DWetzel
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DWetzel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bathing my mogwai
Posts: 40,161
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

For amusement value, Zack Johnson won the 2012 John Deere in a playoff with a birdie on the second playoff hole.

Spoiler:
DWetzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:43 PM   #170
BreakYaNeck
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BreakYaNeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 8,085
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakYaNeck View Post
It is posts like these that show your lack of experience. Bubba Watson winning in a playoff is 100% irrelevant in this scenario. My whole point is Spieth won a playoff with par against 2 others. That never happens but you decide to post something way off topic as usual.

ARC want to make a poll on this and bet on the results? Put your money where your mouth is
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWetzel View Post
That's not really what you argued before, but try not don't trip while you backpedal your way out of that one.

However, this does sort of pique my interest, so instead of trying to find words small enough for you to understand, I'm going to actually go look up 3-way (or more, because why not) playoffs. I assume that winning over multiple holes with nothing but pars would be good enough to qualify for this scenario, I don't see why it matters that they both have to bogey the same hole?

O really?! Look above. Was from yesterday. Your reading comprehension is just awful
BreakYaNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:46 PM   #171
BreakYaNeck
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BreakYaNeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 8,085
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWetzel View Post
That's not really what you argued before, but try not don't trip while you backpedal your way out of that one.

However, this does sort of pique my interest, so instead of trying to find words small enough for you to understand, I'm going to actually go look up 3-way (or more, because why not) playoffs. I assume that winning over multiple holes with nothing but pars would be good enough to qualify for this scenario, I don't see why it matters that they both have to bogey the same hole?
No winning with pars does not qualify. Has to be the exact scenario where it ends on a hole where 2 players make bogey and one makes par.

If you are unsure of why it matters, it just shows you had no business trying to argue something you clearly have no experience in
BreakYaNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:47 PM   #172
DWetzel
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DWetzel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bathing my mogwai
Posts: 40,161
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

Angel Cabrera won the 2009 Masters in a 3 way playoff, going par-par was good enough

But he clearly sucks too so that doesn't count
DWetzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:49 PM   #173
DWetzel
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DWetzel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bathing my mogwai
Posts: 40,161
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakYaNeck View Post
No winning with pars does not qualify. Has to be the exact scenario where it ends on a hole where 2 players make bogey and one makes par.

If you are unsure of why it matters, it just shows you had no business trying to argue something you clearly have no experience in
So it's "lucky" if two people make bogey on the same hole, but it's "closing it out" if one of those two people bogeys one of the previous holes to drop out, or something

yeah, you're waaaaay down the rabbit hole now

You're right that I can't comprehend you but trust me, it's not me, it's you
DWetzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:49 PM   #174
A-Rod's Cousin
banned
 
A-Rod's Cousin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Michelle Wie=the next Michelle Wie.
Posts: 37,168
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalledDownLight View Post
My dad on the phone just now on Spieth (first time we've talked since the weekend and he always has golf commentary early in the week):

"Is my boy Spieth gonna win soon? I'm tired of listening to Johnny Miller and his bull****. Shut the hell up, he's three times the golfer you ever were, Johnny. Every time he hits a bad shot 'oh the pressure's getting to him.' Its never because, you know, he just hit a bad shot. 'Oh he got a little quick and overcooked that one, must be the nerves.' Maybe he just hit a ****ing bad shot. I can't wait for him to win 3 or 4 more tournaments this year and a major to shut this idiot up and let us hear guys like Maltbie who sometimes says something insightful."
Yeah. I mean I know he had bad follow-throughs on some of his Sunday swings at Augusta but everyone is quick to say PRESSURE. SUNDAY. GENE SARAZEN. RAE'S CREEK. GOLF LORE. lol.

Some days you just wake up and aren't hitting it as well as usual. His "Sunday struggle" as it were, could be one of two things (or more):

1) Naaaaaaahvs as Faldouche would be really quick to say.
2) Some days you just aren't hitting it your best.

Media almost NEVER says number 2. It's always 1. No matter what it's always nerves. Because it sounds good and makes the tournament sound super important and stuff.

I mean, we all know nobody ever has a bad round on a Thursday at a run of the mill tour stop. Nope. Doesn't happen. Only bad rounds are Sunday's at Augusta.
A-Rod's Cousin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:50 PM   #175
BreakYaNeck
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BreakYaNeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 8,085
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWetzel View Post
Angel Cabrera won the 2009 Masters in a 3 way playoff, going par-par was good enough

But he clearly sucks too so that doesn't count
Great but it is irrelevant. The chances of 2 of 3 professionals bogeying the same hole in a playoff and par wins it is very very slim. Having a player get eliminated with bogey while the others make par is very common.

That coupled with the fact that Spieth got lucky on 18 that his bunker shot hit the flag dead center and dropped along with Hearn missing from like 3-4 feet for the win and ZJ missing like a 10 footer for the win the hole before makes Spieth very lucky he got out of there with a win
BreakYaNeck is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online