Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Golf Discuss the game of golf

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2014, 12:27 PM   #126
DWetzel
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DWetzel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bathing my mogwai
Posts: 39,752
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakYaNeck View Post
Hearn played the hole at -2 for the week and ZJ played it at +1
not sure what your point is but I'm pretty sure it's rebutted by "lol sample size yo"
DWetzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 12:36 PM   #127
BreakYaNeck
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BreakYaNeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 8,083
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWetzel View Post
not sure what your point is but I'm pretty sure it's rebutted by "lol sample size yo"
If you are going to bring in the field averages for the week, you should definitely include how those 2 actually played the hole.

Either way it is getting off topic of Spieth not closing it out.

Last edited by BreakYaNeck; 05-14-2014 at 12:45 PM.
BreakYaNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 01:10 PM   #128
DWetzel
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DWetzel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bathing my mogwai
Posts: 39,752
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

Lol no its not getting off the topic at all silly, that's the point.

If he played the hole better than the field AND better than his fellow competitors, wtf do you call that?

"closing it out" is now a humpy dumpy word meaning whatever you want it to mean. Plus what pray tell did he do to get into the playoff in the first place, would you say he "closed out" his fourth round usefully or not?
DWetzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 02:25 PM   #129
BreakYaNeck
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BreakYaNeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 8,083
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWetzel View Post
Lol no its not getting off the topic at all silly, that's the point.

If he played the hole better than the field AND better than his fellow competitors, wtf do you call that?

"closing it out" is now a humpy dumpy word meaning whatever you want it to mean. Plus what pray tell did he do to get into the playoff in the first place, would you say he "closed out" his fourth round usefully or not?
You seriously dont play golf do you?

With the garbage logic you guys are using, if Spieth would have made 5 on that hole while ZJ and Hearn made 6, you guys would really be arguing he closed it out?

Last edited by BreakYaNeck; 05-14-2014 at 02:34 PM.
BreakYaNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:07 PM   #130
BadBoyBenny
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BadBoyBenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 7,747
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

LOL that's not what the logic of his post says at all

Last edited by BadBoyBenny; 05-14-2014 at 03:08 PM. Reason: hint: it's right in the post you quote that he played the hole better than the field in the playoff
BadBoyBenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:20 PM   #131
BreakYaNeck
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BreakYaNeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 8,083
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBoyBenny View Post
LOL that's not what the logic of his post says at all
The entire argument is if Spieth closed them out.

His overall argument is Spieth closed them out because he was better than them in the playoff. No?
BreakYaNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:23 PM   #132
A-Rod's Cousin
banned
 
A-Rod's Cousin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Michelle Wie=the next Michelle Wie.
Posts: 37,168
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

Wetzel and BBB:

Ignore List is your friend. Your efforts are futile. It's not worth it.
A-Rod's Cousin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:24 PM   #133
DWetzel
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DWetzel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bathing my mogwai
Posts: 39,752
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

No, it's that you're an idiot who doesn't understand that in fact par is a good score on that hole, whether the tournament score was +3 or -19.
DWetzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:26 PM   #134
BreakYaNeck
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BreakYaNeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 8,083
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWetzel View Post
No, it's that you're an idiot who doesn't understand that in fact par is a good score on that hole, whether the tournament score was +3 or -19.
I guess one has to have played golf tournaments in the past to understand. Also regardless of that hole, you also ignore the fact of how the first 4 holes were played by everyone.

I welcome anyone to look up the stats if possible of how often par wins outright in a 3+ man playoff. It just does not happen pretty much ever. Do you guys not get this?
BreakYaNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:49 PM   #135
BreakYaNeck
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BreakYaNeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 8,083
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

Hilarious you guys love numbers so much but ignore the fact the Hearn missed a putt that he makes between 90-95% of the time. But yet Spieth wasnt lucky at all and closed it out on his own. OK cool story guys
BreakYaNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:56 PM   #136
DWetzel
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DWetzel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bathing my mogwai
Posts: 39,752
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakYaNeck View Post
I guess one has to have played golf tournaments in the past to understand. Also regardless of that hole, you also ignore the fact of how the first 4 holes were played by everyone.

I welcome anyone to look up the stats if possible of how often par wins outright in a 3+ man playoff. It just does not happen pretty much ever. Do you guys not get this?
To show you what a moron you are, by your logic Faldo didn't know how to close out majors even after he won three of them.

British open: won with 18 pars, what a buffoon, shoulda shot 62 obv
Masters: only won because Hoch missed a 2 footer FOR PAR lolol he won with a bogey in a playoff !!!!!11!!1!!!
Masters: won after Floyd yanked one into the drink, how hard is that lolol
DWetzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 04:00 PM   #137
BreakYaNeck
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BreakYaNeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 8,083
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWetzel View Post
To show you what a moron you are, by your logic Faldo didn't know how to close out majors even after he won three of them.

British open: won with 18 pars, what a buffoon, shoulda shot 62 obv
Masters: only won because Hoch missed a 2 footer FOR PAR lolol he won with a bogey
Masters: won after Floyd yanked one into the drink, how hard is that lolol
Yeah you dont play golf, I am convinced. Also your examples do not address what I said at all. You guys also miss the point. Shocker. So much fail in one post.

Like would you seriously try to argue Hoch missing that 2 footer for par wasnt a gift? Hilarious example.

Everyone that wins a golf tournament probably got lucky at some point in the tournament but the likelihood of what happened for Spieth on 18 of regulation and then the 5 holes of the playoff is easily less than 1% which is why he got incredibly lucky.
BreakYaNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 04:00 PM   #138
BreakYaNeck
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BreakYaNeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 8,083
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakYaNeck View Post
Hilarious you guys love numbers so much but ignore the fact the Hearn missed a putt that he makes between 90-95% of the time. But yet Spieth wasnt lucky at all and closed it out on his own. OK cool story guys
This will probably get ignored also. You idiots read what you want to read.
BreakYaNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 04:33 PM   #139
DWetzel
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DWetzel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bathing my mogwai
Posts: 39,752
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

How many PGA tour playoffs have you been in, BYN? Must be more than zero right?

I mean, I'll settle for any personal anecdotes of playoffs with a top prize of a million bucks, can be anywhere.

What? You don't have any?

Then shut the **** up about "you don't play golf" you steaming nutsack.
DWetzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:09 PM   #140
S.K
Toffees >> Jellybeans
 
S.K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 8,654
Lol at all the anger itt
S.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:50 PM   #141
BreakYaNeck
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BreakYaNeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 8,083
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWetzel View Post
How many PGA tour playoffs have you been in, BYN? Must be more than zero right?

I mean, I'll settle for any personal anecdotes of playoffs with a top prize of a million bucks, can be anywhere.

What? You don't have any?

Then shut the **** up about "you don't play golf" you steaming nutsack.
Lol you look like an idiot with how you are acting. You realize there Web.com tour doesn't have million dollar prizes right? Every one of those players clearly know more than you. All you have shown is that you can't think rationally so arguing with you is pointless. Bye
BreakYaNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:51 PM   #142
BreakYaNeck
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BreakYaNeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 8,083
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.K View Post
Lol at all the anger itt
So much this. Never once called anyone a name. But when your argument clearly sucks, always revert to name calling. This is how it has always been with ARC so not surprised this Wetzel Pretzel guy is any different. They however have never played golf before. This much I am confident of
BreakYaNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:58 PM   #143
BreakYaNeck
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BreakYaNeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 8,083
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWetzel View Post
I'd love to hear the respective opinions on Faldo's first three major titles

(muahahaha)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWetzel View Post
It was a 5 hole playoff, they played 18 twice before (parred 3 ways).

The 18th was, wait for it, the 2nd hardest hole on the course, with a stroke average of 4.12. For the week there were 71 birdies, 88 bogeys, and 16 doubles or worse. So yes, par was a pretty good score on that hole, notwithstanding the fact that there are a lot of cupcake holes on the course.

If only there were a resource called the internet where people could look this stuff up, we could get past "I don't remember but it was probably easy".
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWetzel View Post
not sure what your point is but I'm pretty sure it's rebutted by "lol sample size yo"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWetzel View Post
Lol no its not getting off the topic at all silly, that's the point.

If he played the hole better than the field AND better than his fellow competitors, wtf do you call that?

"closing it out" is now a humpy dumpy word meaning whatever you want it to mean. Plus what pray tell did he do to get into the playoff in the first place, would you say he "closed out" his fourth round usefully or not?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWetzel View Post
No, it's that you're an idiot who doesn't understand that in fact par is a good score on that hole, whether the tournament score was +3 or -19.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWetzel View Post
To show you what a moron you are, by your logic Faldo didn't know how to close out majors even after he won three of them.

British open: won with 18 pars, what a buffoon, shoulda shot 62 obv
Masters: only won because Hoch missed a 2 footer FOR PAR lolol he won with a bogey in a playoff !!!!!11!!1!!!
Masters: won after Floyd yanked one into the drink, how hard is that lolol
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWetzel View Post
How many PGA tour playoffs have you been in, BYN? Must be more than zero right?

I mean, I'll settle for any personal anecdotes of playoffs with a top prize of a million bucks, can be anywhere.

What? You don't have any?

Then shut the **** up about "you don't play golf" you steaming nutsack.
^^ Yeah and I am the idiot, how old are you 12?..... ROFL gtfo
BreakYaNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:56 PM   #144
CalledDownLight
Toonces the Posting Bot
 
CalledDownLight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: DUKE FOOTBALL<DUKE BASKETBALL
Posts: 86,117
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

My dad on the phone just now on Spieth (first time we've talked since the weekend and he always has golf commentary early in the week):

"Is my boy Spieth gonna win soon? I'm tired of listening to Johnny Miller and his bull****. Shut the hell up, he's three times the golfer you ever were, Johnny. Every time he hits a bad shot 'oh the pressure's getting to him.' Its never because, you know, he just hit a bad shot. 'Oh he got a little quick and overcooked that one, must be the nerves.' Maybe he just hit a ****ing bad shot. I can't wait for him to win 3 or 4 more tournaments this year and a major to shut this idiot up and let us hear guys like Maltbie who sometimes says something insightful."
CalledDownLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:59 PM   #145
DWetzel
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DWetzel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bathing my mogwai
Posts: 39,752
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakYaNeck View Post
Lol you look like an idiot with how you are acting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakYaNeck View Post
So much this. Never once called anyone a name. But when your argument clearly sucks, always revert to name calling.
For the record I'm probably more like a 14, but I don't keep an official handicap. Yet they actually let me feed and clothe myself and drive a car if you can believe it. The wonders!

And yet, despite my ineptitude at such a rudimentary task as propelling a dimpled sphere through the air, I'm able to deduce basic facts about the game like the fact that scoring a 4 on a hole where the average score of golfers in the event is significantly greater than 4 is a good thing most of the time.
DWetzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:03 PM   #146
DWetzel
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DWetzel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bathing my mogwai
Posts: 39,752
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

But obviously BYN has been able to buy a few supercomputers with his Web.com "winnings" to refute the fact that 4 < 4.12.
DWetzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:04 PM   #147
DWetzel
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DWetzel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bathing my mogwai
Posts: 39,752
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

By the way, I shot a 57 last week and you didn't so nyah.

Spoiler:
DWetzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:12 PM   #148
BreakYaNeck
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BreakYaNeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 8,083
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWetzel View Post
For the record I'm probably more like a 14, but I don't keep an official handicap. Yet they actually let me feed and clothe myself and drive a car if you can believe it. The wonders!

And yet, despite my ineptitude at such a rudimentary task as propelling a dimpled sphere through the air, I'm able to deduce basic facts about the game like the fact that scoring a 4 on a hole where the average score of golfers in the event is significantly greater than 4 is a good thing most of the time.
Saying you are acting like one and calling you one are very different. Your reading comprehension is obviously lacking so it is no surprise you are missing my entire point. 4.12>4 is literally all you have. Just like the Jack argument when they say 19>14.

Hearns and ZJs average on that hole was under par for the week. Dont give a *** what the fields was when they arent the ones in the playoff
BreakYaNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:13 PM   #149
BreakYaNeck
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BreakYaNeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 8,083
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWetzel View Post
For the record I'm probably more like a 14, but I don't keep an official handicap. Yet they actually let me feed and clothe myself and drive a car if you can believe it. The wonders!

And yet, despite my ineptitude at such a rudimentary task as propelling a dimpled sphere through the air, I'm able to deduce basic facts about the game like the fact that scoring a 4 on a hole where the average score of golfers in the event is significantly greater than 4 is a good thing most of the time.
Ok you are a complete retard. In what world is 4.12 SIGNIFICANTLY greater than 4?
BreakYaNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:15 PM   #150
BreakYaNeck
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BreakYaNeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 8,083
Re: Jordan Spieth Appreciation Thread

Im not sure you even know what you are arguing here Wetzel
BreakYaNeck is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online