Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Travel A place to discuss and learn about traveling

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2015, 02:59 PM   #151
SuperUberBob
Not interesting enough
 
SuperUberBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Scotland
Posts: 40,715
Re: Prague

Man you weren't in Prague for long.

I'm loving it atm. I'm super tired now since I finished a 3 hour walking tour on 3 hours of sleep.
SuperUberBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 09:52 PM   #152
TheDegenFund
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,505
Re: Prague

Any MTT guys in Prague? I'm very likely to move there indefinitely in September right before wcoop.

It would be much appreciated if someone could hook me up with some realtor's contact information.
TheDegenFund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 04:36 AM   #153
ligastar
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ligastar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: #TEAMSPIETH
Posts: 16,268
Re: Prague

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDegenFund View Post
Any MTT guys in Prague? I'm very likely to move there indefinitely in September right before wcoop.

It would be much appreciated if someone could hook me up with some realtor's contact information.
http://www.bezrealitky.cz/
ligastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 05:53 AM   #154
OGS20
journeyman
 
OGS20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Interzone
Posts: 203
Re: Prague

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDegenFund View Post
Any MTT guys in Prague? I'm very likely to move there indefinitely in September right before wcoop.

It would be much appreciated if someone could hook me up with some realtor's contact information.

There's at least a couple of MTT guys living here but they don't tend to post on 2+2 much.

The link ligastar gave is the best as it's commission free. Failing that it's worth checking www.sreality.cz but only if you can't find something on bezreality.
OGS20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 11:01 AM   #155
madmansam
grinder
 
madmansam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 695
Re: Prague

Nice meeting everyone at dinner the other day. Thanks for coming out. Thanks Swish for getting it together.

Quick question. Has anyone ever used MoneyGram here or know of any locations? Google has taken me to a couple places that don't have it, even though one place had a big MoneyGram banner out front.

I had requested a cashout from a US site before I left and it didn't come through until I was over here. Their cashouts are slow so I don't wanna cancel it if I can somehow get it here.
madmansam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 02:11 PM   #156
SuperUberBob
Not interesting enough
 
SuperUberBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Scotland
Posts: 40,715
Re: Prague

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmansam View Post
Nice meeting everyone at dinner the other day. Thanks for coming out. Thanks Swish for getting it together.
I agree. Felt like a boss drinking whiskey and smoking Cubans with you guys.
SuperUberBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 04:28 PM   #157
SuperUberBob
Not interesting enough
 
SuperUberBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Scotland
Posts: 40,715
Re: Prague

And I leave tomorrow morning for Cesky Krumlov. Prague was a lot of fun. Would like to come back at a different time of the year. Heard it can be beautiful in the winter.
SuperUberBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 09:53 PM   #158
LOL_Colij
adept
 
LOL_Colij's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,026
Re: Prague

Anyone have a house opening for a month or so (Aug+Sept)? please PM
LOL_Colij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 07:09 PM   #159
Sira Al Aziz
centurion
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 114
Re: Prague

Hi guys,

Couple questions: What are the income taxes for poker players in the czech republic? and how hard is it for a EU poker player to open a bank account?

Thank you,
Sira Al Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 07:47 PM   #160
SuperMario7
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 630
Re: Prague

Do you guys know which district would be nice to live, close by center and live casinos. Safe neighborhood?
SuperMario7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 06:50 AM   #161
OGS20
journeyman
 
OGS20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Interzone
Posts: 203
Re: Prague

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sira Al Aziz View Post
Hi guys,

Couple questions: What are the income taxes for poker players in the czech republic? and how hard is it for a EU poker player to open a bank account?

Thank you,
Very easy to open. The question has been answered a few times already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario7 View Post
Do you guys know which district would be nice to live, close by center and live casinos. Safe neighborhood?

Anywhere in Prague 1, 2, 3 or 5 should be fine. It might be best to try a few different casinos first though and see which one you'd want to be nearest.
OGS20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 11:35 PM   #162
SuperMario7
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 630
Re: Prague

Cool, thanks. What about the casinos, do they all have mtt's and or cash games running. Which one is best for both/either. What limits for CG's?
SuperMario7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 12:18 AM   #163
SuperMario7
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 630
Re: Prague

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGS20 View Post
There's at least a couple of MTT guys living here but they don't tend to post on 2+2 much.

The link ligastar gave is the best as it's commission free. Failing that it's worth checking www.sreality.cz but only if you can't find something on bezreality.
How do people draw up a tenancy agreement without a realtor. Is this safe to do, what if the landlord suddenly wants to stop renting to you, have you got any rights? Usually the estate agent takes care if any problems arise, how does it work without?

Last edited by SuperMario7; 08-13-2015 at 12:33 AM.
SuperMario7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 03:38 AM   #164
DSQ2
centurion
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Prague
Posts: 173
Re: Prague

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario7 View Post
Cool, thanks. What about the casinos, do they all have mtt's and or cash games running. Which one is best for both/either. What limits for CG's?
Here you find a list of all cashgames currently running: http://www.pokerzive.cz/

Majority of games which also run 24/7 are 10/20czk which is about 0,50/1$ (bit less).

25/50czk (1/2$) you find at Casino Ambassador or Banco Casino in the evening/night.

50/100czk (2/4$) in Win casino and Hilton.

In Win Casino you also find some really sick high stakes action sometimes, with 100/200czk + straddles were people sit with 2k€+

MTTs you find on daily basis in Showdown Poker Club but usually rather smallish ones. Bigger MTTs/events you can find in Card Casino once in a while.

If you have more questions about live poker scene in Prague, ask here or drop me a pm.
DSQ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 09:41 AM   #165
Buzzhorn
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 26
Re: Prague

I am looking to rent a flat in prague for 1 month (oct-nov).

Can anybody hook me up with the proper agency or site that is easy to work with for short term rentals like this?
Buzzhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 11:19 AM   #166
aburns7487
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 58
Re: Prague

Will be visiting for 3 nights in November, looking for $2/5 US Equivalent or dreaded $1/$2 while vacationing.

So far I'm hearing Casino Ambassador Praha, Showdown Poker Club Muzeum for cash...

Hilton?

Where is Win?

What about King's Casino Prague?

Thanks in advance

Banco Casino?


Where would you suggest?
aburns7487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 01:06 PM   #167
aburns7487
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 58
Re: Prague

Is Hilton known as Atrium Poker Room?
aburns7487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 10:23 AM   #168
WTFRUDOING
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 131
Re: Prague

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSQ2 View Post
Here you find a list of all cashgames currently running: http://www.pokerzive.cz/

Majority of games which also run 24/7 are 10/20czk which is about 0,50/1$ (bit less).

25/50czk (1/2$) you find at Casino Ambassador or Banco Casino in the evening/night.

50/100czk (2/4$) in Win casino and Hilton.

In Win Casino you also find some really sick high stakes action sometimes, with 100/200czk + straddles were people sit with 2k€+

MTTs you find on daily basis in Showdown Poker Club but usually rather smallish ones. Bigger MTTs/events you can find in Card Casino once in a while.

If you have more questions about live poker scene in Prague, ask here or drop me a pm.
so 2/4$ regularly and deep 4/8$ every now and then in Prague?

How about King's Casino? Any idea what games regularly run there?
WTFRUDOING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 06:17 PM   #169
Fossilkid93
Pooh-Bah
 
Fossilkid93's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,513
Re: Prague

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzhorn View Post
I am looking to rent a flat in prague for 1 month (oct-nov).

Can anybody hook me up with the proper agency or site that is easy to work with for short term rentals like this?
Super simple on AirBNB.
Fossilkid93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 03:01 AM   #170
DSQ2
centurion
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Prague
Posts: 173
Re: Prague

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFRUDOING View Post
so 2/4$ regularly and deep 4/8$ every now and then in Prague?

How about King's Casino? Any idea what games regularly run there?
Yeah but the 50/100+ (2$/4$) are tough with many regs and really good ones. Some fishes, yes, but normal table 7 (good) regs and 2 fishes at these stakes.

Kings casino in corintia hotel closed half a year ago but Win! Casino is new.

Last edited by DSQ2; 08-28-2015 at 03:06 AM.
DSQ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 03:05 AM   #171
DSQ2
centurion
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Prague
Posts: 173
Re: Prague

Quote:
Originally Posted by aburns7487 View Post
Will be visiting for 3 nights in November, looking for $2/5 US Equivalent or dreaded $1/$2 while vacationing.

So far I'm hearing Casino Ambassador Praha, Showdown Poker Club Muzeum for cash...

Hilton?

Where is Win?

What about King's Casino Prague?

Thanks in advance

Banco Casino?


Where would you suggest?
Ambassador and showdown really bad, terrible atmosphere and you sit really bad. Ambassador tourist casino but bad one. Banco casino which is 3 minutes from ambassador is way nicer.
DSQ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 01:48 PM   #172
jackstack99
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 127
Re: Prague

hello guys, i will be moving to prague with my girlfriend on october 1st until the end of the year. i would like to find a roommate or two to live with. As my girlfriend will be working 8-10 hours a day i would love to live with some grinders. I dont have any budget, please let me know if anyone is interested in rooming with us. my username is jackstack99 on pstars and i play 200-1k hu hyper turbos. thanks!
jackstack99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 08:50 PM   #173
bettinglife
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Portugal
Posts: 243
Re: Prague

Hey guys, I'd like a reply for the following questions:

Does anyone knows, if most of the rental companies accept a only 3 month contract for their apartments?

Does anyone knows, how long does it take to set cable internet, and if there is short term contracts such as 3 month or 6 month contracts?

Thank you in advance!
bettinglife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 03:07 PM   #174
SwishFTW
centurion
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Posts: 118
Re: Prague

I would go for Airbnb. As for internet you can get it without a contract it will just be more expensive.

To the people living in Prague: is fuluck sending you retarded PM's to you as well or is it just me?
SwishFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 03:28 PM   #175
OGS20
journeyman
 
OGS20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Interzone
Posts: 203
Re: Prague

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwishFTW View Post
I would go for Airbnb. As for internet you can get it without a contract it will just be more expensive.

To the people living in Prague: is fuluck sending you retarded PM's to you as well or is it just me?

I received one PM but didn't respond as it was a question that had already been answered in the thread and not something I really knew about. I wouldn't describe it as retarded though.
OGS20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online