Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Travel A place to discuss and learn about traveling

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2019, 02:38 PM   #1851
LynxRufus
centurion
 
LynxRufus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Lộc Ninh
Posts: 180
Re: online pros living in Vietnam thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxygia View Post
I've been there plenty of times and I like it. Danang has two clubs, Win poker and Sokha. Both are decent places. Sokha has higher stakes compared to Win. You should check out both. Happy to answer if you have any specific questions.
Any Omaha games going?
LynxRufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 05:45 PM   #1852
oxygia
stranger
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 11
Re: online pros living in Vietnam thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynxRufus View Post
Any Omaha games going?
No.
oxygia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 08:39 PM   #1853
unfourunfive
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 46
Re: online pros living in Vietnam thread

What games are actually running in danang? Last time I was in SEA I was told that viets only run tournaments bc of some law, is there cashgames now? What stakes are running?
unfourunfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 03:04 AM   #1854
5 south
veteran
 
5 south's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lat Yao
Posts: 2,793
Re: online pros living in Vietnam thread

What's the deal with the legal Vietnam cash games? Aren't they like fixed limit sng's where the chips are basically worth real money and when the "sng" ends you cash out for the chips you have? What's the rake? Like 10% of your buyin or something?
5 south is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:06 AM   #1855
GonZo72
adept
 
GonZo72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Southeast Asia
Posts: 744
Re: online pros living in Vietnam thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 south View Post
What's the deal with the legal Vietnam cash games? Aren't they like fixed limit sng's where the chips are basically worth real money and when the "sng" ends you cash out for the chips you have? What's the rake? Like 10% of your buyin or something?
https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/9...tions-1725933/
GonZo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 01:59 PM   #1856
oxygia
stranger
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 11
Re: online pros living in Vietnam thread

In Danang, both of the poker rooms run proper cash games, not SnG style. NLHE only.

The default game at Win Poker is 20/40k vnd. That's about 1/2 usd.
Sokha is usually 20/40 rmb (3/6 usd) and sometimes 50/100 rmb (7.5/15 usd).
oxygia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:33 AM   #1857
unfourunfive
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 46
Re: online pros living in Vietnam thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxygia View Post
In Danang, both of the poker rooms run proper cash games, not SnG style. NLHE only.

The default game at Win Poker is 20/40k vnd. That's about 1/2 usd.
Sokha is usually 20/40 rmb (3/6 usd) and sometimes 50/100 rmb (7.5/15 usd).
Thanks for that! Do you know what the rake is?
unfourunfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 04:54 AM   #1858
oxygia
stranger
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 11
Re: online pros living in Vietnam thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfourunfive View Post
Thanks for that! Do you know what the rake is?
At Win rake is 3%. I think cap at 300.
Sokha is 5% with a much higher cap.
Both places offer free food and drinks.

Usually it is more action filled at Sokha. So even though the rake is much worse, the game is still quite good. Best to check out both places to see which one you like.
oxygia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 05:16 AM   #1859
5 south
veteran
 
5 south's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lat Yao
Posts: 2,793
Re: online pros living in Vietnam thread

So 300 cap at that 20/40 game would be over 7BB.
Gross...
5 south is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 06:52 PM   #1860
xbobx
stranger
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 13
Re: online pros living in Vietnam thread

hey! im going to hanoi on 27.6. and im looking for a place to stay for one month and grind mtts. is there a skype group for hanoi/vietnam?
xbobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 05:47 PM   #1861
shipitnzipit
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 61
Re: online pros living in Vietnam thread

Headed to Da Nang in 2 months on a one year visa. Probably won't play in the casinos since they seem to be exclusively for holdem. A little background on me: 40ish, likes to drink, not really into the Asian club scene, like social bars. I spent a month in Hanoi and found some bars that are 420 friendly. Any bars like that in Da Nang or Hoi An? A list of non-trendy, chill music playing bars would be appreciated. Spent 3 years in Thailand and the music scene kinda drove me crazy after awhile and I even like electronic music but it seemed that every bar and club was playing the same 20 songs on repeat. Also, can anyone sell me on Hoi An over Da Nang? I like quiet beaches and it seems from videos that Da Nang's can be a little crowded.
shipitnzipit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 01:33 PM   #1862
YKCaiTLH1314
stranger
 
YKCaiTLH1314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Singapore
Posts: 10
Re: online pros living in Vietnam thread

Hi guys,
Any grinder from Singapore living in Vietnam? Would like some advice, preparation and know-how from you. Planning on making a move to relocate there.
I'm in my 40s, grinding alot before 2015(Sg's black friday). Not much live game experience, only done twice in SPC onboard the M/V Aegean Paradise.
Usual grind is 200NL-400NL, low/mid stakes MTT.
Been rusty since i stop for 4 years but has been polishing since beginning of this year for six months with GGpoker and recently on ACR(which is the only 2 online sites i can find that are still accessible in Singapore).

After lots of read-up regarding relocating overseas to grind full time, i considered Vietnam my best suitable choice of destination. Wrote off Thailand(been living in Ching Mai for 5 years in the early 90s) due to the lack of Live cash game and MTT opportunity.

So, if any fellow Singaporean living there or had been there before can share me some tips and info?
Thanks a million.
YKCaiTLH1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 01:56 PM   #1863
5 south
veteran
 
5 south's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lat Yao
Posts: 2,793
Re: online pros living in Vietnam thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by YKCaiTLH1314 View Post
Hi guys,
Any grinder from Singapore living in Vietnam? Would like some advice, preparation and know-how from you. Planning on making a move to relocate there.
I'm in my 40s, grinding alot before 2015(Sg's black friday). Not much live game experience, only done twice in SPC onboard the M/V Aegean Paradise.
Usual grind is 200NL-400NL, low/mid stakes MTT.
Been rusty since i stop for 4 years but has been polishing since beginning of this year for six months with GGpoker and recently on ACR(which is the only 2 online sites i can find that are still accessible in Singapore).

After lots of read-up regarding relocating overseas to grind full time, i considered Vietnam my best suitable choice of destination. Wrote off Thailand(been living in Ching Mai for 5 years in the early 90s) due to the lack of Live cash game and MTT opportunity.

So, if any fellow Singaporean living there or had been there before can share me some tips and info?
Thanks a million.
Plenty of live games in Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket but the visas are getting a bit tough.
5 south is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 04:19 PM   #1864
YKCaiTLH1314
stranger
 
YKCaiTLH1314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Singapore
Posts: 10
Re: online pros living in Vietnam thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 south View Post
Plenty of live games in Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket but the visas are getting a bit tough.
I know right. Was an ex-military guy stationed in Kanchanaburi for 17 months(military Visa) and lived in Chingmai for slightly over 5 years(Buisness Visa).
Troublesome Visa issue

Anyway, i really like to try Vietnam.
Thanks for the heads up.
YKCaiTLH1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 06:07 AM   #1865
oxygia
stranger
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 11
Re: online pros living in Vietnam thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipitnzipit View Post
Headed to Da Nang in 2 months on a one year visa. Probably won't play in the casinos since they seem to be exclusively for holdem. A little background on me: 40ish, likes to drink, not really into the Asian club scene, like social bars. I spent a month in Hanoi and found some bars that are 420 friendly. Any bars like that in Da Nang or Hoi An? A list of non-trendy, chill music playing bars would be appreciated. Spent 3 years in Thailand and the music scene kinda drove me crazy after awhile and I even like electronic music but it seemed that every bar and club was playing the same 20 songs on repeat. Also, can anyone sell me on Hoi An over Da Nang? I like quiet beaches and it seems from videos that Da Nang's can be a little crowded.
There is no poker in the casinos. Two poker clubs are indeed running holdem though.
There are a few chill bars in the My An area. Roughly from An Thuong 1 to An Thuong 9 streets, which is the expat enclave. Many 420 friendly places.
oxygia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 02:20 AM   #1866
DonJuan
old hand
 
DonJuan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Lonely on Top
Posts: 1,345
Re: online pros living in Vietnam thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by YKCaiTLH1314 View Post
Hi guys,
Any grinder from Singapore living in Vietnam? Would like some advice, preparation and know-how from you. Planning on making a move to relocate there.
I'm in my 40s, grinding alot before 2015(Sg's black friday). Not much live game experience, only done twice in SPC onboard the M/V Aegean Paradise.
Usual grind is 200NL-400NL, low/mid stakes MTT.
Been rusty since i stop for 4 years but has been polishing since beginning of this year for six months with GGpoker and recently on ACR(which is the only 2 online sites i can find that are still accessible in Singapore).

After lots of read-up regarding relocating overseas to grind full time, i considered Vietnam my best suitable choice of destination. Wrote off Thailand(been living in Ching Mai for 5 years in the early 90s) due to the lack of Live cash game and MTT opportunity.

So, if any fellow Singaporean living there or had been there before can share me some tips and info?
Thanks a million.
you could also do bodog in vietnam. Actions are great and prefect time zone to play against drunk american. One of the thing I miss about living in Vietnam.
DonJuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 01:44 AM   #1867
dddr
stranger
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 1
Re: online pros living in Vietnam thread

hi all, moving to Da Nang by the end of August, whats the best way to withdraw from poker sites or skrill/nt?
dddr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 07:06 AM   #1868
LynxRufus
centurion
 
LynxRufus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Lộc Ninh
Posts: 180
Re: online pros living in Vietnam thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddr View Post
hi all, moving to Da Nang by the end of August, whats the best way to withdraw from poker sites or skrill/nt?
Cool,I have been in Da Nang for a bit over one month now. NT should work well?
LynxRufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 01:10 PM   #1869
White_Gatsby
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 601
Re: online pros living in Vietnam thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
you could also do bodog in vietnam. Actions are great and prefect time zone to play against drunk american. One of the thing I miss about living in Vietnam.
Can non- americans sign up to bodog from vietnam?
White_Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 07:24 PM   #1870
DonJuan
old hand
 
DonJuan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Lonely on Top
Posts: 1,345
Re: online pros living in Vietnam thread

Anyone living in Vietnam can sign up
DonJuan is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online