Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Travel A place to discuss and learn about traveling

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2017, 01:45 AM   #4951
XFlopRRiver
grinder
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Long term everyone's drawing dead.
Posts: 448
Re: Malta Chatter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by that_anon_pgc View Post
Most poker players don't bother with residency because they are from the EU.
If I have a UK passport, does that still count as EU resident for not needing residency documents to stay in malta past 3 months? (edit: given brexit)
XFlopRRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 06:11 AM   #4952
SanchoHH
grinder
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 403
Re: Malta Chatter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFlopRRiver View Post
If I have a UK passport, does that still count as EU resident for not needing residency documents to stay in malta past 3 months? (edit: given brexit)
For now, yes. Whether that's still true after Brexit depends on ongoing negotiations.
SanchoHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 06:19 AM   #4953
XFlopRRiver
grinder
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Long term everyone's drawing dead.
Posts: 448
Re: Malta Chatter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoHH View Post
For now, yes. Whether that's still true after Brexit depends on ongoing negotiations.
Although Brexit wouldn't impact the UK's membership as an EEA state would it? Because their constituents have the same flexibility for living in Malta for extended durations.
XFlopRRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 01:47 PM   #4954
SanchoHH
grinder
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 403
Re: Malta Chatter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFlopRRiver View Post
Although Brexit wouldn't impact the UK's membership as an EEA state would it? Because their constituents have the same flexibility for living in Malta for extended durations.
After Brexit, UK would have to join EFTA to remain part of EEA. Alternatively, UK can negotiate similar rights for its citizens directly with the EU (like Switzerland).

None of this is automatic.
SanchoHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 03:15 PM   #4955
CL_FLUSH
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Norway
Posts: 26
Re: Malta Chatter Thread

fResh in Malta! Anyone lives here and wants to have a chat, PM please.
CL_FLUSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 05:28 PM   #4956
XFlopRRiver
grinder
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Long term everyone's drawing dead.
Posts: 448
Re: Malta Chatter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoHH View Post
After Brexit, UK would have to join EFTA to remain part of EEA. Alternatively, UK can negotiate similar rights for its citizens directly with the EU (like Switzerland).

None of this is automatic.
I see. From a brief googling it appears that the UK should still be a member of the EEA till spring '19 although I'm not sure how reliable that will be. I'm sure that after a year of living in malta (jan 18->?) I will have a better idea of whether I want to stay there and can reevaluate at that point. Thx for the input
XFlopRRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 06:39 AM   #4957
SutOmaksettu
stranger
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 13
Re: Malta Chatter Thread

Hey! Are there (m)any of you working in the gaming industry in Malta?
My girlfriend and I are feeling like we want to try something new and Malta doesn't sound bad at all. If so, I would apply for a job in the gaming industry as
there seems to be many jobs for finnish/english speaking people.

How have you experienced working there?
Is the pay around 20k€ a year for a customer support agent?
Good and bad things? Apart from the weather of course

Google has helped me a bit, but I would like to hear about your experiences in Malta.
Any info is appreciated guys! Thanks
SutOmaksettu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 11:20 AM   #4958
SanchoHH
grinder
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 403
Re: Malta Chatter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SutOmaksettu View Post
Is the pay around 20k€ a year for a customer support agent?
Yes, that's the lower end.
SanchoHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 01:21 PM   #4959
SutOmaksettu
stranger
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 13
Re: Malta Chatter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoHH View Post
Yes, that's the lower end.
yeah 18 - 24k seems to be the answer for customer support jobs. thanks for the answer man been doing research a lot but cant find this:
do they ask for criminal record? Betsson lists NO CRIMINAL RECORD as requirement but no other company has done that from what I've seen and I've looked up way too many listings
SutOmaksettu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 02:47 PM   #4960
SanchoHH
grinder
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 403
Re: Malta Chatter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SutOmaksettu View Post
do they ask for criminal record? Betsson lists NO CRIMINAL RECORD as requirement but no other company has done that from what I've seen and I've looked up way too many listings
Yes, it's a pretty common request. Even if it is lot listed in the job description, it might later be part of the process.
SanchoHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 03:39 PM   #4961
CL_FLUSH
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Norway
Posts: 26
Re: Malta Chatter Thread

I just moved to Malta for iGaming and poker. Everone I have encountered except of one of one company has asked for a police attest yes.

I think its pretty nice here. Good prices atleast for me that comes from Norway. And alot of tourists, amazing weather (maybe a little bit to hot now but thats fine) - etc... Good partylife, alot of beautiful girls etc... Yeah PM me for any questions.

And if anyone lives at Malta and want to have a chat pm me..
CL_FLUSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 07:48 AM   #4962
HansytheKing
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 60
Re: Malta Chatter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SutOmaksettu View Post
Hey! Are there (m)any of you working in the gaming industry in Malta?
My girlfriend and I are feeling like we want to try something new and Malta doesn't sound bad at all. If so, I would apply for a job in the gaming industry as
there seems to be many jobs for finnish/english speaking people.

How have you experienced working there?
Is the pay around 20k€ a year for a customer support agent?
Good and bad things? Apart from the weather of course

Google has helped me a bit, but I would like to hear about your experiences in Malta.
Any info is appreciated guys! Thanks
Hi,

You shouldn't have any trouble finding a decent job here in Malta if you speak Finnish. I've sent you a DM with one of my friend's email address, she works for a recruiting company and is constantly looking for new people. She could help you out with all of this and other questions you might have.
HansytheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 08:24 AM   #4963
FrenchyMalta
stranger
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 2
Re: Malta Chatter Thread

Hi There,

It's my first post here so I'll try to be brief.

I'm a mtt player (5-50€) and I'm looking to live in Malta for the whole month of August.

About me, I'm 20, French (which is I assume a bad point for non FR people), I like partying, am friendly but also know when to be quiet. I'm fluent in English because I have spent one year in Australia studying and grinding live aussies' fish

I have a budget of 700€+

Please PM me or contact me via skype if you're interested: Yakacoller12

Cheers!

Loďc
FrenchyMalta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 12:01 PM   #4964
CL_FLUSH
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Norway
Posts: 26
Re: Malta Chatter Thread

My hotel stay is coming to an end this Friday. I am looking for a room in apartment from Friday 28, for 1-2-3 or max 4 weeks, while I wait for my rent apartment to be available.

Max 150 usd pr week rent.

PM or leave comment here.
CL_FLUSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 07:07 AM   #4965
SnowedIn
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 69
Re: Malta Chatter Thread

so is it just portomaso that runs cash games? or will the other two casinos have games running on lets say weekends?
SnowedIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 08:55 AM   #4966
CL_FLUSH
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Norway
Posts: 26
Re: Malta Chatter Thread

Have played cash at Dragonara also, but Portomaso seems to be the best and most action.
CL_FLUSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 04:21 AM   #4967
Tipp86II
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 41
Re: Malta Chatter Thread

A bit off topic but would anyone involved in payments teams be willing to answer a few questions for me?
Tipp86II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 02:18 PM   #4968
neomorf
centurion
 
neomorf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 132
Re: Malta Chatter Thread

hey,

I and my wife are going to move to Malta at the beginning of the next year. My Q is that is it possible to open a bank account there as a poker player. I know it wasn't a problem a few years ago, but I was told by a lawyer that no bank accepts poker players anymore. Is that true? Any recent experience?
neomorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 03:49 PM   #4969
XFlopRRiver
grinder
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Long term everyone's drawing dead.
Posts: 448
Re: Malta Chatter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by neomorf View Post
hey,

I and my wife are going to move to Malta at the beginning of the next year. My Q is that is it possible to open a bank account there as a poker player. I know it wasn't a problem a few years ago, but I was told by a lawyer that no bank accepts poker players anymore. Is that true? Any recent experience?
Also very interested, thanks
XFlopRRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 04:15 AM   #4970
SanchoHH
grinder
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 403
Re: Malta Chatter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by neomorf View Post
hey,

I and my wife are going to move to Malta at the beginning of the next year. My Q is that is it possible to open a bank account there as a poker player. I know it wasn't a problem a few years ago, but I was told by a lawyer that no bank accepts poker players anymore. Is that true? Any recent experience?
It seems to be quite difficult if you can't provide proof of employment. It might help if you bring a reference from your current bank.

That being said, if you are not employed in Malta, there is no particular reason to have a bank account here. Assuming that you are moving from another EU country, simply keep your banking there.
SanchoHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 02:31 PM   #4971
XFlopRRiver
grinder
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Long term everyone's drawing dead.
Posts: 448
Re: Malta Chatter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoHH View Post
It seems to be quite difficult if you can't provide proof of employment. It might help if you bring a reference from your current bank.

That being said, if you are not employed in Malta, there is no particular reason to have a bank account here. Assuming that you are moving from another EU country, simply keep your banking there.
But if moving from the US?
XFlopRRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 04:36 AM   #4972
illbemillion
stranger
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 2
Re: Malta Chatter Thread

Hi guys,

i am heading to malta on 8.9. and ill be there till 16.9. Anyone would like to hang out, party, play some wcoop/live poker? Ive accommodation in St Julians 8-11 atm. If there is someone, who would like to rent some airbnb and play there let me know asaap please. This palce looks really cool: https://www.airbnb.cz/rooms/14750931...sts=3&adults=3

I am 23y.o. guy from czech rep. i play mostly mtts sngs up to 15usd and mtts up to 44. Ill bring good known czech alcohol slivovice, so fun and girls are guaranteed.

Thanks for your attention boys,
Honza

skype: honza.ka11
illbemillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 07:48 AM   #4973
SanchoHH
grinder
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 403
Re: Malta Chatter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by illbemillion View Post
This palce looks really cool:
I like Gozo, but you'd have to rethink the "girls are guaranteed" and "live poker" plans there.
SanchoHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 06:23 PM   #4974
martenJ
veteran
 
martenJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: twitch.tv/martenj
Posts: 2,202
Re: Malta Chatter Thread

have cash in malta, looking for btc/eth
martenJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 04:41 AM   #4975
Redley
stranger
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 1
Re: Malta Chatter Thread

Hello, I am French and I am looking for one or more poker players to make a roommate in Malta from 10th October.

If you are interested please contact me

Thank you.
Redley is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online