Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Travel A place to discuss and learn about traveling

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2018, 09:21 AM   #2751
White_Gatsby
centurion
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 111
Re: Clueless kid moving to Manila - Never been to Asia before

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Shove View Post
I don't have anything to add to the London/Germany discussion because there's no way I'm going back to EU as long as there is still hope to improve my finances through online work (including poker), which there clearly is if I just fix my volume problem. I'm lucky to have a terrific opportunity to play against the biggest whales imaginable and in my current situation my volume is literally the only thing holding me back from success.



With my current work ethic I'd lose any desk job, not just fail online. My work ethic will have to change either way, and that's far more likely to happen working online in a country I love living in than working a regular job I hate in a country I don't want to be in. What's my motivation in Germany? To leave that hellhole and come back to Asia after 2 years? Lol, I would die inside before making it through the 2 years. On the other hand I love life in the Philippines and it's far easier to find motivation to stay here.
Get your act together, you're nothing more than a little princess! Surprised you even dare to share this **** online, it's embarrassing. You're not a kid anymore, crying about trivial ****, while you mooch of your parents, its sad mate!
White_Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 01:24 PM   #2752
kick2dante
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,792
Re: Clueless kid moving to Manila - Never been to Asia before

clearly living there isnt giving you the motivation you need... you are comfortable, maybe if you have what you want taken away that will actually give you some motivation

or maybe you will just be lazy forever

also, you highly overestimate getting fired, once you have a job they don't really like to kick you out, even if you try to get fired that can be hard
kick2dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 12:11 PM   #2753
iLiveInAsia
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 160
Re: Clueless kid moving to Manila - Never been to Asia before

Thread is officially dead. Spotted info the other day

iLiveInAsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 12:12 PM   #2754
gotgot123
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 311
Re: Clueless kid moving to Manila - Never been to Asia before

Haha! Was supposed to comment here. Thanks for bumping.

Remember his video challenge for the 1000x?
gotgot123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 12:54 PM   #2755
iLiveInAsia
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 160
Re: Clueless kid moving to Manila - Never been to Asia before

Info after he found success on Tinder

iLiveInAsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 11:27 AM   #2756
lol69
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,222
Re: Clueless kid moving to Manila - Never been to Asia before

i think you don't put in the volume because you're not very good at poker and you know that putting in great volume will hasten your departure from the philippines.
lol69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 12:59 PM   #2757
samcx
Pooh-Bah
 
samcx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,072
Re: Clueless kid moving to Manila - Never been to Asia before

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLiveInAsia View Post
Thread is officially dead. Spotted info the other day

Haha when was this taken? I thought he'd moved on from Asia and is now in Africa with an African bride.
samcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 02:46 PM   #2758
Fossilkid93
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Fossilkid93's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 6,453
Re: Clueless kid moving to Manila - Never been to Asia before

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol69 View Post
i think you don't put in the volume because you're not very good at poker and you know that putting in great volume will hasten your departure from the philippines.
I think he's at least a slightly winning player, at least according to the graphs he was showing. I think he was only winning like $3 an hour though. Although it's hard to imagine he puts in any time studying and trying to improve based on his work ethic.
Fossilkid93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 03:23 AM   #2759
Xenophon
grinder
 
Xenophon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 498
Re: Clueless kid moving to Manila - Never been to Asia before

Stumbled upon this thread the other day b/c I'm visiting the Philippines and Japan in December and binge read everything. Wow. Some thoughts:

-OP started out pretty promising. He has guts "going for it" on a very small life roll, so kudos to him.

-It takes balls to be honest. For all his faults, Info could have sugar coated and left things out of this thread to make himself look better, but he didn't.

-Info lacks even a basic level of discipline. Pretty clear from his early pics versus now that he is way more unhealthy due to laziness, not working out, poor sleep and a junky diet. It's cringe-worthy how many promises he made to himself, and often the only motivation to complete them was to try and win a bet with an internet stranger.

-Total double standard when it comes to girls. He is fine with sleeping around and lying to his girlfriend or girls he wants to make into potential girlfriends, but becomes irrationally jealous when a girl he is interested isn't 100% committed to him.

Advice: Stop being self-centered and looking for all that you can get out of a girl or a relationship, and start thinking about what their experience is with you and what you can give to a girl or a LTR. If/when you are ready to settle down and be serious with a quality girl, you're not going to just be able to flip a switch and be a quality partner. Maybe that is something you don't ever want, and if that's the case there's nothing wrong with having flings that are centered on sex.

The lifestyle you are living will catch up to you eventually... not talking about living in SEA, but being broke, barely scraping by, being lazy. Start making improvements to your life by doing little things. Take responsibility for yourself. Make your bed in the morning. Keep your apartment tidy. Exercise to clear your mind. These little things will help you to pursue bigger goals. Productivity begets productivity and laziness begets laziness. You are 23 and I know people in their 40s that are better looking and in much better shape than you. If you keep this up, by the time you are 33 you'll be a slob and be in even worse shape. Plus, getting sh*tty sleep, no exercise and having a terrible diet are a time bomb when your metabolism slows. It will also accelerate your decreased libido.

Rooting for you to turn things around OP, and looking forward to reading this thread if it continues.
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 11:10 PM   #2760
Going2Asia
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 291
Re: Clueless kid moving to Manila - Never been to Asia before

my biggest takeaway from this thread is that people love drama and backseating other's lives
Going2Asia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 11:23 PM   #2761
LonelyBox
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 5,039
Re: Clueless kid moving to Manila - Never been to Asia before

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going2Asia View Post
my biggest takeaway from this thread is that people love drama and backseating other's lives
I hope we can backseat your life in SEA again soon.
LonelyBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 10:27 AM   #2762
BoboFettFanBoy
newbie
 
BoboFettFanBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 27
Re: Clueless kid moving to Manila - Never been to Asia before

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyBox View Post
I hope we can backseat your life in SEA again soon.
I want to backseat your life dude! The LonelyBox story must be told, if it is like your blog, it must be an epic life.

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/2...e-bin-1589788/
BoboFettFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 01:17 PM   #2763
Xenophon
grinder
 
Xenophon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 498
Re: Clueless kid moving to Manila - Never been to Asia before

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going2Asia View Post
my biggest takeaway from this thread is that people love drama and backseating other's lives
My biggest takeaway from this thread is how much poker players love creampies
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 08:36 PM   #2764
5 south
veteran
 
5 south's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lat Yao
Posts: 2,591
Re: Clueless kid moving to Manila - Never been to Asia before

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post
My biggest takeaway from this thread is how much poker players love creampies
And just think, you're going to Japan, the Cadillac of creampies.

Must be excited
5 south is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 10:13 PM   #2765
yoolykeme
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 227
Re: Clueless kid moving to Manila - Never been to Asia before

So I'm Filipino-American and have lived in both countries for a decent amount of time.

I randomly came across this thread just now searching for 'manila.'

When I read the first 3 pages, I expected the OP to be killing it in the PI by now. Then I read the last 4 pages and it was pretty disappointing.

You're a kid from the first world moving to Manila. I expected you to leverage your privilege and kill it out there. Instead, I'm reading about sleeping with trashy girls and being broke. The last time I went out there, I met the daughter of one of the richest families in the Philippines on Bumble. Went out with her, got introduced to the family, and was even offered marriage and a position in their company. But here we have Pampanga girl 8, Cebu girl 9 or whatever nonsense is going on here.

I'm so tilted right now ugh
yoolykeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 12:02 AM   #2766
Dace
grinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Croatia
Posts: 613
Re: Clueless kid moving to Manila - Never been to Asia before

u had a point until your fantasy from bumble.
Dace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 03:58 AM   #2767
iLiveInAsia
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 160
Re: Clueless kid moving to Manila - Never been to Asia before

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoolykeme View Post
So I'm Filipino-American and have lived in both countries for a decent amount of time.

I randomly came across this thread just now searching for 'manila.'

When I read the first 3 pages, I expected the OP to be killing it in the PI by now. Then I read the last 4 pages and it was pretty disappointing.

You're a kid from the first world moving to Manila. I expected you to leverage your privilege and kill it out there. Instead, I'm reading about sleeping with trashy girls and being broke. The last time I went out there, I met the daughter of one of the richest families in the Philippines on Bumble. Went out with her, got introduced to the family, and was even offered marriage and a position in their company. But here we have Pampanga girl 8, Cebu girl 9 or whatever nonsense is going on here.

I'm so tilted right now ugh
I think you underestimate how put off most women are by racial and cultural differences and the fact that she'll be branded as a whore if she's seen with you.

If you were living in a very mixed race area in the US and went to school with people from all kinds of backgrounds you probably care less about race and more about the person.

In racially homogeneous South East Asian countries however whitey stupid enough to go there is a foreigner of a different race and culture to be exploited and race mixing is actively discouraged and shamed as local guys who don't make much money don't like being cucked by higher earning foreigners.

Girls are very reputation conscious and people are non stop all up in each others business, lingering, lurking, gossiping (privacy isn't valued).

As a Filipino American you combine the best of both worlds while the white guy is an unknown quantity who is presumably not familiar with the culture and it's rules and there will be non stop gossip about her and she might even be shunned, so it's -EV despite a western guys presumed much higher earning power, first world passport etc.
iLiveInAsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 09:47 PM   #2768
yoolykeme
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 227
Re: Clueless kid moving to Manila - Never been to Asia before

Wat?

I see that your s/n says that you live in Asia, but have you been to the Philippines? It's the most Americanized place in the freaking world!!! The native language is almost dead since everyone speaks English. The entry-level job for most college graduates is to work at a call center for American countries, and everyone there speaks English, and there are loads of white guys walking through those places.

And why are you looking at this in the context of low class street women? If I was this guy, I would have found a support system of other professional expats and would have networked with other influencers. It looks like the OP went to the equivalent of the hood (in a 3rd world country) and banged all the Jerry Springer chicks

The upper-middle class and the educated class have a global understanding of the world. It might still be racially homogeneous, but a white guy is no longer a rare exception, unless you're in a province, and I don't know what you would be doing there, since that's the equivalent of the African bush or the Chinese rice paddies.

I hate that this is the conversation that we are having, but I presume that the point of this thread was to share and for feedback.





Quote:
Originally Posted by iLiveInAsia View Post
I think you underestimate how put off most women are by racial and cultural differences and the fact that she'll be branded as a whore if she's seen with you.

If you were living in a very mixed race area in the US and went to school with people from all kinds of backgrounds you probably care less about race and more about the person.

In racially homogeneous South East Asian countries however whitey stupid enough to go there is a foreigner of a different race and culture to be exploited and race mixing is actively discouraged and shamed as local guys who don't make much money don't like being cucked by higher earning foreigners.

Girls are very reputation conscious and people are non stop all up in each others business, lingering, lurking, gossiping (privacy isn't valued).

As a Filipino American you combine the best of both worlds while the white guy is an unknown quantity who is presumably not familiar with the culture and it's rules and there will be non stop gossip about her and she might even be shunned, so it's -EV despite a western guys presumed much higher earning power, first world passport etc.
yoolykeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 11:32 PM   #2769
Duffman08
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: www.tradethe9s.com
Posts: 697
Re: Clueless kid moving to Manila - Never been to Asia before

"privilege" and networking with "influencers".

holey fock mate...you a starbucks barista out of San Francisco or something?

posts are oozing cringe man
Duffman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 12:10 AM   #2770
yoolykeme
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 227
Re: Clueless kid moving to Manila - Never been to Asia before

Actually, I'm a Libertarian from Chicago.

Fine, replace 'privilege' with 'advantages' and 'influencers' with 'people that you can learn from'


Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman08 View Post
"privilege" and networking with "influencers".

holey fock mate...you a starbucks barista out of San Francisco or something?

posts are oozing cringe man
yoolykeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 01:00 AM   #2771
LonelyBox
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 5,039
Re: Clueless kid moving to Manila - Never been to Asia before

Isn’t an “influencer” someone with a lot of followers on social media?
LonelyBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 01:39 AM   #2772
Dace
grinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Croatia
Posts: 613
Re: Clueless kid moving to Manila - Never been to Asia before

yep, those are the people shilling products on fb
Dace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 01:55 AM   #2773
LonelyBox
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 5,039
Re: Clueless kid moving to Manila - Never been to Asia before

Not really the kind of people I’d like to learn from
LonelyBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 04:37 AM   #2774
iLiveInAsia
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 160
Re: Clueless kid moving to Manila - Never been to Asia before

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoolykeme View Post
Wat?

I see that your s/n says that you live in Asia, but have you been to the Philippines? It's the most Americanized place in the freaking world!!!
You got to be kidding me, the country is 95%+ tin shacks and less than 5% somewhat first world'ish condos.

The culture is totally different from the US. Just because it used to be a US colony for some time and there is a sizeable BPO industry doesn't mean that Filipinos are anything like Americans, otherwise the country wouldn't be the third world gutter.

Quote:
The native language is almost dead since everyone speaks English.
You got to be kidding me. The only people that speak English well are Manila elites and the lower level workers that need it.

Quote:
And why are you looking at this in the context of low class street women?
I hate to break it to you but 99% of filipinos are low class to a western person.

Quote:
If I was this guy, I would have found a support system of other professional expats and would have networked with other influencers.
What does Info have to do with a call center / BPO company manager or a hotel manager or some aging boomer married to a filipina living out his retirement there?

Influencers? You mean the rich kids of Instagram that have a rich corrupt government official daddy or the whores mooching off some sugar daddy that like to show off? Why would they want to hang with a random broke white guy?

Quote:
It looks like the OP went to the equivalent of the hood
I hate to break it to you but 95%+ of the Philippines is "the hood."

Once he's living in a tin shack in Tondo you'd be accurate but right now he's living a local middle class life.

Quote:
The upper-middle class and the educated class have a global understanding of the world.
The upper class is tiny. We're talking about a few thousand people in a country of 100 million and what the hell would they want to do with a random foreigner just doing his own thing. They tend to be status focused and want to live in flashy places, wearing gucci bags and driving a ferrari through the slums. It's pretty much the opposite of how Europeans live (even the upper class), who don't like to flash. You'll be hard pressed to find non criminal people in Europe living flashy lives and that's not because there aren't a ton of people who could afford it.
iLiveInAsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 05:25 AM   #2775
lol69
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,222
Re: Clueless kid moving to Manila - Never been to Asia before

whether it's expats (with jobs) or the asian upper class, they don't want anything to do with you unless you can do something for them.

you don't show up with your white skin and an american accent and have upper class locals and expats on big salaries falling over themselves to hook you up with beautiful women, well paying jobs, invite you to exclusive events.

they only be nice to you if you have something that helps their lives.

if OP had white skin, a vagina, and good looks, then yes he'd probably be killing it. everyone likes a hot white chick, being around a hot white chick. you can **** it, take selfies with it, get into nightclubs with it, it increases your status.

in some cases, you might be able to charm these people simply with personalty as a man, but if you have the personality to do that why would you be wasting your potential in the ****ing philippines.
lol69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online