Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Travel A place to discuss and learn about traveling

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2010, 04:55 PM   #10501
ShipitFMA
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ShipitFMA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,122
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

dating bald girls seems like the easier solution
ShipitFMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 06:35 PM   #10502
FatKing85
old hand
 
FatKing85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,260
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessu View Post
if you dont need to deposit then moneybookers will be enough

if you need to deposit then use teamviewer or something and use a friend's/family member's computer back home
i assume a vpn will do it as well right? anyone experience with swiss vpn and moneybookers?
and can anyone recommend a good site to find furnished appartments in chang mai for like a month or 2?
FatKing85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 06:40 PM   #10503
BKKwalker
newbie
 
BKKwalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Posts: 26
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShipitFMA View Post
dating bald girls seems like the easier solution
Good point. Unfortunately, the amount of bald Thai women is disappointingly low.

I'll see about talking them into a new hairstyle. Or lack thereof.
BKKwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 06:46 PM   #10504
ShipitFMA
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ShipitFMA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,122
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

darn and good luck
ShipitFMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 07:53 PM   #10505
Raven
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 625
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Dave The Madison is cool: (suk soi 41 next to emporium)
http://www.easyhomes.tv/property/the...rom-phong-1219
http://www.housecondobangkok.com/ind...-condo&id=2016

The Met (Sathorn) might be better:
http://bangkok.craigslist.co.th/apa/1570845447.html
http://www.riffproperty.com/property_detail2.php?id=38#

You could also check Fullerton next to suk soi 59. There is no high end condo on ekkamai right now. I lived in Nusasiri last year, its alright, but there is way better in finition and ballerness.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:01 PM   #10506
Kloonike
grinder
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Estonia
Posts: 448
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatKing85 View Post
i assume a vpn will do it as well right? anyone experience with swiss vpn and moneybookers?
and can anyone recommend a good site to find furnished appartments in chang mai for like a month or 2?
http://www.chiangmai-smith-residence.com/ - pretty good
http://www.centralhillplace.com/ - more bang for your buck, but worse location and if you rent by month you have to have your own towels, bed sheets etc.
Kloonike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:30 PM   #10507
Roger Mainfield
Big Raaaaaaj
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Chattering
Posts: 5,201
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

I'm not on for 24 hours and 3 complaints!!!!!
Roger Mainfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:17 AM   #10508
rubbrband
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
rubbrband's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: R VA
Posts: 10,447
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

ok,
with airfare. my friend is waiting for his passport and wants to wait till he gets it and then book asap. Should we just book it ahead of time with enough time for the passport to get here or will it cost a lot more to book last min?

If I want to go to phuket which airport should I fly into?
rubbrband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:25 AM   #10509
Mmerli
adept
 
Mmerli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand
Posts: 1,129
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Phuket airport would probably be the easiest
Mmerli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:30 AM   #10510
rubbrband
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
rubbrband's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: R VA
Posts: 10,447
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmerli View Post
Phuket airport would probably be the easiest
yeah looks like it for sure. i was just wondering if another airport was mad cheaper and fairly close.

looks like you can find flights about the same price as weeks ahead days ahead.
rubbrband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:35 AM   #10511
NewTeaBag
banned
 
NewTeaBag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: ผสม FTW!
Posts: 6,249
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbrband View Post
ok,
with airfare. my friend is waiting for his passport and wants to wait till he gets it and then book asap. Should we just book it ahead of time with enough time for the passport to get here or will it cost a lot more to book last min?

If I want to go to phuket which airport should I fly into?
The major airports that fly into Phuket from the region are

Bangkok
Singapore
Kuala Lumpor

Phuket has it's own airport but most major international flight will connect thru one of those cities before moving on to Phuket.

The Bangkok(other close cities) to Phuket leg is very short compared with you long haul flight, and can be booked locally BUT I reccomend booking/coordinating the whole itinerary at the front end. Some have tried just booking to BKK and locally getting the Phuket ticket. One possibility is a 6-8 hr layover after a 14hour flight while waiting for an 80 min final connection flight.

I'm pretty sure most humans don't want any 6hr layovers, esp after a 14+ hr flight.
NewTeaBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:37 AM   #10512
NewTeaBag
banned
 
NewTeaBag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: ผสม FTW!
Posts: 6,249
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbrband View Post
ok,
with airfare. my friend is waiting for his passport and wants to wait till he gets it and then book asap. Should we just book it ahead of time with enough time for the passport to get here or will it cost a lot more to book last min?

If I want to go to phuket which airport should I fly into?
Your friend should deffo wait for his new passport before laying any money down on flights.

One never knows with State Dept and HSA what foulups they will produce.
NewTeaBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:38 AM   #10513
NewTeaBag
banned
 
NewTeaBag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: ผสม FTW!
Posts: 6,249
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbrband View Post
yeah looks like it for sure. i was just wondering if another airport was mad cheaper and fairly close.

looks like you can find flights about the same price as weeks ahead days ahead.
The only other airports nearby are at least 4+hrs by bus car to get to Phuket. Heck, Phuket is a big island and the airport is way at the North end so it's 40 Min from the airport to Kata.
NewTeaBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:43 AM   #10514
rubbrband
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
rubbrband's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: R VA
Posts: 10,447
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

your the man. def owe u some drinks!
rubbrband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:45 AM   #10515
rubbrband
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
rubbrband's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: R VA
Posts: 10,447
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewTeaBag View Post
The major airports that fly into Phuket from the region are

Bangkok
Singapore
Kuala Lumpor

Phuket has it's own airport but most major international flight will connect thru one of those cities before moving on to Phuket.

The Bangkok(other close cities) to Phuket leg is very short compared with you long haul flight, and can be booked locally BUT I reccomend booking/coordinating the whole itinerary at the front end. Some have tried just booking to BKK and locally getting the Phuket ticket. One possibility is a 6-8 hr layover after a 14hour flight while waiting for an 80 min final connection flight.

I'm pretty sure most humans don't want any 6hr layovers, esp after a 14+ hr flight.
i would take a 4hr bus ride over a 6hr layover and another flight but both seem terrible.

i guess your saying you can book to bkk and then get an imm or some what imm flight when u arrive.
rubbrband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:54 AM   #10516
NewTeaBag
banned
 
NewTeaBag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: ผสม FTW!
Posts: 6,249
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbrband View Post
i would take a 4hr bus ride over a 6hr layover and another flight but both seem terrible.

i guess your saying you can book to bkk and then get an imm or some what imm flight when u arrive.
Yeah but ESP 1st time coming, book the whole thing including the internal connection to Phuket on the front end. Less hassle and less stress and you don't speak Thai and don't know where **** is yet. Don't give yourself a bonus headache on the back end of a long flight in a place you're unfamiliar with.

Also, the places that are 4+ hrs from Phuket by bus would still have to be connected thru by air from BKK.

PS: Bringing a carton or 2 of Camel Lights with you will most likely win you some quality local advice when u get here.

PPS: Yes, I'm a dirty smoking fiend. Unfortunately, Thailand doesn't carry Camel Light.
NewTeaBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:56 AM   #10517
PokerSpiv
banned
 
PokerSpiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lamai, Ko Samui
Posts: 5,775
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabinal View Post
What I've seen to be a big difference here in Thailand vs. western countries.. The younger generation here give back to their elders and respect them.

How many of you guys living in Thailand give half of your winnings to your parents every month?
How many of us get to pay 0% tax?

Western Countries have the aged pension which is the same thing, only compulsory.

We get to pay 40% tax on our income for our entire lives so that our parents (or everyone else's parents for those of us who's parents don't need the money - not to mention lazy people who don't even work in the prime of their lives) can retire comfortably.

Personally I much prefer the asian system of 0-15% tax because it rewards people for working harder. In fact you might find that is a big reason why so many expats are actually expats to begin with.
PokerSpiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:59 AM   #10518
rubbrband
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
rubbrband's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: R VA
Posts: 10,447
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

will bring cigs
rubbrband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:00 AM   #10519
NewTeaBag
banned
 
NewTeaBag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: ผสม FTW!
Posts: 6,249
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerSpiv View Post
How many of us get to pay 0% tax?

Western Countries have the aged pension which is the same thing, only compulsory.

We get to pay 40% tax on our income for our entire lives so that our parents (or everyone else's parents for those of us who's parents don't need the money - not to mention lazy people who don't even work in the prime of their lives) can retire comfortably.

Personally I much prefer the asian system of 0-15% tax because it rewards people for working harder. In fact you might find that is a big reason why so many expats are actually expats to begin with.
EEEEW! I never realized that Aussie tax was as vicious as USA/UK/EU.

On a plus note, I still think Perth was one of the best places I ever spent a week in.
NewTeaBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:02 AM   #10520
NewTeaBag
banned
 
NewTeaBag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: ผสม FTW!
Posts: 6,249
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbrband View Post
will bring cigs
Karuna Khun Khrap!
NewTeaBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:17 AM   #10521
Lessu
Thailand Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Finn Land
Posts: 9,064
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabinal View Post
What I've seen to be a big difference here in Thailand vs. western countries.. The younger generation here give back to their elders and respect them.

How many of you guys living in Thailand give half of your winnings to your parents every month?

I can't see for every $30 you save from getting ass for free, that you give $15 of that back to your mother!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerSpiv View Post
How many of us get to pay 0% tax?

Western Countries have the aged pension which is the same thing, only compulsory.

We get to pay 40% tax on our income for our entire lives so that our parents (or everyone else's parents for those of us who's parents don't need the money - not to mention lazy people who don't even work in the prime of their lives) can retire comfortably.

Personally I much prefer the asian system of 0-15% tax because it rewards people for working harder. In fact you might find that is a big reason why so many expats are actually expats to begin with.
how much are aussies supposed to pay taxes on poker winnings?

most of us euros get to pay no taxes on poker winnings which is obv nice. rake is already big enough cut.

westerners respect against the elder is pretty lol compared to how it is in thailand imo. I help my mom a bit every month. obv not even close to half of my winnings but probably could do much more than i do atm
Lessu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 03:33 AM   #10522
moobaa
old hand
 
moobaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: comeback
Posts: 1,791
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

thinking about going to phuket for a week or so to relax.. but as im a degen id like to stay in patong, so any recommendations about hotels? not need anything fancy, just a standard room with internet
stayed at summer breeze last year which was ok i guess,
rates in phuket are crazy, how can they charge like this for ex, may-oct 790, apr-nov 1190, dec-mar 1690, scammers!
moobaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 03:35 AM   #10523
nutsflopper
veteran
 
nutsflopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,254
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evigt_Drabbad View Post
rates in phuket are crazy, how can they charge like this for ex, may-oct 790, apr-nov 1190, dec-mar 1690, scammers!
nutsflopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 03:36 AM   #10524
Lessu
Thailand Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Finn Land
Posts: 9,064
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evigt_Drabbad View Post
rates in phuket are crazy, how can they charge like this for ex, may-oct 790, apr-nov 1190, dec-mar 1690, scammers!
it might have something to do with the amount of people that visit phuket each of those periods...
Lessu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:02 AM   #10525
livestream
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 543
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

any recommendation for serviced/fully furnished apartments in bkk? 2-3months, little gym would be nice, city centre. +fast internet. cheers +

edit: i saw a recommendation some months ago. maybe from dannyr, talking about ultra fast inet etc.

Last edited by livestream; 02-01-2010 at 04:12 AM.
livestream is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive