Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Travel A place to discuss and learn about traveling

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009, 02:44 PM   #9426
Mullanimal
enthusiast
 
Mullanimal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 77
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
just log-in

moneybookers works fine. you just can't deposit to gaming sites. withdrawing, transferring money etc works with np
I use moneybookers for all my deposits and withdrawals from poker sites. I mostly play on iPoker at the moment. Any of you playing on iPoker? how do you deposit and withdraw?
Mullanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:54 PM   #9427
florian
newbie
 
florian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 18
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

French law regarding poker is bound to change next year, and might cause trouble for us french people regarding cashout/bank account.

Anyone had the MB Mastercard delivered to thailand successfuly?
Even if it's more costly than my current visa i guess this will more or less put me off the grid..
florian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:17 AM   #9428
Pinocchio
adept
 
Pinocchio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: balancing preflop folding ranges
Posts: 798
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

i was drinking through €200 every 5 days
Pinocchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:18 AM   #9429
Pinocchio
adept
 
Pinocchio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: balancing preflop folding ranges
Posts: 798
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

that was going out every night tho
Pinocchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:26 AM   #9430
Konig
journeyman
 
Konig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sydney
Posts: 306
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by florian View Post
French law regarding poker is bound to change next year, and might cause trouble for us french people regarding cashout/bank account.

Anyone had the MB Mastercard delivered to thailand successfuly?
Even if it's more costly than my current visa i guess this will more or less put me off the grid..
Didn't think MB offered a Mastercard.

Neteller does, but they're ****ty with Thailand.
Konig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:50 AM   #9431
Ryu-SRB
journeyman
 
Ryu-SRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangkok/Thailand
Posts: 334
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

yah they do now, but why not have it send to your home in Europe and then have it shipped over to thailand by a friend/family? I mean you can still use your card over here
Ryu-SRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 05:35 AM   #9432
Acombfosho
banned
 
Acombfosho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: chiang mai
Posts: 1,021
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

how much r 6 bottles of chang in a tesco lotus or carefour?
Acombfosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 07:20 AM   #9433
ShipitFMA
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ShipitFMA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,122
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

not much
ShipitFMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 04:46 PM   #9434
Slappz
old hand
 
Slappz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chiang Mai
Posts: 1,449
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acombfosho View Post
I have planned a budget for living in Chiang Mai in a shared house, please point out any glaring errors, or propose anything that needs to be added to my budget:

Thailand Budget 2010, per month (in €uros)
Rent €140
Internet €20
Bar Fine €80 (4x20)
Gym €15
Tuktuks €60
Beer €200
Food €200
The odd flight around SEasia every few months €40
Phone €15
Basketball fees €15
Paintballing/Go-Karting once a month €45

Total: €830/mo

Should I add anything else? Green fee's, pool bars etc?

cheers
You should be fine with this budget, the first month your here you will easily exceed it if you buy things for your apt/house. Every month there's always misc things that come up, so you should take that into consideration.

Rent seems a bit low, though you might have already found a place that fits it?

Tuktuk - 60 euro? I would suggest you simply rent/buy a motorbike, It will come out to the same cost as your tuktuk estimate if you decide to rent and it will be a huge advantage in getting around CM. Gas costs nothing.

Id say alcohol will be lower. Kinda hard to estimate without knowing your habits. Some bars (girl bars) will drain your lq money, but other places you can get drunk on whiskey for 150-200 baht. up to you...

CM has go-karting?!?!
Slappz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 05:08 PM   #9435
foreveradrone
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Khon Kaen
Posts: 1,237
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

If you will really stick to that then you might manage. But being in Thailand you will do a ton more and spend more. Also your rent for 140e. 7k Baht is gonna put you in some **** hole. Better triple that at least and have something nice ;D
foreveradrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:07 PM   #9436
PokerSpiv
banned
 
PokerSpiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lamai, Ko Samui
Posts: 5,775
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Tuktuk - 60 euro? I would suggest you simply rent/buy a motorbike, It will come out to the same cost as your tuktuk estimate if you decide to rent and it will be a huge advantage in getting around CM. Gas costs nothing.
I'm pretty sure the tuktuk expenses are to/from bar expenses given his beer and barfine budgets. Riding a motorcycle to and from drinking holes isn't the smartest thing.

Quote:
Bar Fine €80 (4x20)
Only 4 per month?

Imo you are vastly underestimating the amount you will spend on alcohol and entertainment. What else are you going to be doing in Chiang Mai, study buddhism at a temple?
PokerSpiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:11 PM   #9437
Acombfosho
banned
 
Acombfosho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: chiang mai
Posts: 1,021
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

going there to live, not for holiday - while at first i will surely spend more as it will initially feel like a holiday, and while I really love drinking, i dont spend more than £200 in the UK on beer in a typical month, so I have a hard time believing I would spend more in thailand, unless I do ALL my drinking in bars with gogo girls.. which might happen lol
Acombfosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:13 PM   #9438
Acombfosho
banned
 
Acombfosho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: chiang mai
Posts: 1,021
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappz View Post
You should be fine with this budget, the first month your here you will easily exceed it if you buy things for your apt/house. Every month there's always misc things that come up, so you should take that into consideration.

Rent seems a bit low, though you might have already found a place that fits it?

Tuktuk - 60 euro? I would suggest you simply rent/buy a motorbike, It will come out to the same cost as your tuktuk estimate if you decide to rent and it will be a huge advantage in getting around CM. Gas costs nothing.

Id say alcohol will be lower. Kinda hard to estimate without knowing your habits. Some bars (girl bars) will drain your lq money, but other places you can get drunk on whiskey for 150-200 baht. up to you...

CM has go-karting?!?!
ty for info, yeah CM has a center with paintballing/go-karting/xorbing/motocross etc I have seen a website X-centre http://www.chiangmai-xcentre.com/
Acombfosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:41 PM   #9439
MyironThumb
Pooh-Bah
 
MyironThumb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,383
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Cross out the bar fines in your list! There are no hookers in all of the decent places in Chiang Mai.
MyironThumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:49 PM   #9440
MyironThumb
Pooh-Bah
 
MyironThumb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,383
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Also, you can get away with spending very little on a decent night out. A lot of the bars we go to only cost us 500-700 baht total for whiskey, food and mixers. So you're budget on alcohol might be ok. We've gone on a few nights out, had 3 bottles of whiskey and spent less than 1k baht each (between 3 of us)
MyironThumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:22 AM   #9441
Slappz
old hand
 
Slappz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chiang Mai
Posts: 1,449
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyironThumb View Post
Cross out the bar fines in your list! There are no hookers in all of the decent places in Chiang Mai.
Not to be cynical, but hookers by definition won't be hanging out in 'decent' places.
Slappz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:01 AM   #9442
PokerSpiv
banned
 
PokerSpiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lamai, Ko Samui
Posts: 5,775
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyironThumb View Post
Also, you can get away with spending very little on a decent night out. A lot of the bars we go to only cost us 500-700 baht total for whiskey, food and mixers. So you're budget on alcohol might be ok. We've gone on a few nights out, had 3 bottles of whiskey and spent less than 1k baht each (between 3 of us)
1k baht a night still adds up. 10 nights of that a month and you are already over your 200 euro budget. And i've found it pretty easy to spend more than 1k baht in a night - as soon as you drink anything other than beer or sangsom your cost goes way up. A typical night for me runs 1500-2500 baht depending on how soon I switch to whiskey.

Like I said it depends how much drinking you plan on doing. But I think 200 euros per month is too low of a budget assuming drinking is one of your hobbies.

Last edited by PokerSpiv; 12-11-2009 at 03:07 AM.
PokerSpiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:16 AM   #9443
player bets
banned
 
player bets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangrock
Posts: 420
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acombfosho View Post
going there to live, not for holiday - while at first i will surely spend more as it will initially feel like a holiday, and while I really love drinking, i dont spend more than £200 in the UK on beer in a typical month, so I have a hard time believing I would spend more in thailand, unless I do ALL my drinking in bars with gogo girls.. which might happen lol
Even though its significantly cheaper in Thailand than other places you will still spend more money than you expect initially and down the line...that is unless you get yourself a Thai GF that cooks you noodle soup every night and stay home drinking Thai whiskey

Me...i smoke the herbals which cuts my drinking cost in 1/2 if not more...thats how i save $. Long as you keep it indoors in a controlled area you be fine mai pen rai kaaap
player bets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:21 AM   #9444
player bets
banned
 
player bets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangrock
Posts: 420
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyironThumb View Post
Also, you can get away with spending very little on a decent night out. A lot of the bars we go to only cost us 500-700 baht total for whiskey, food and mixers. So you're budget on alcohol might be ok. We've gone on a few nights out, had 3 bottles of whiskey and spent less than 1k baht each (between 3 of us)
Thats pretty cool man. In Bkk if we go to a club than afterhours getting 3 bottles the cost of that with mixers is something like 8-9k roughly. Throw in some shisha at afterhours its more like 9-10k. i guess the personal cost will vary depending on how many people you are with but yeah compared to chiang mai its peng mak!
player bets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:49 AM   #9445
PokerSpiv
banned
 
PokerSpiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lamai, Ko Samui
Posts: 5,775
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
In Bkk if we go to a club than afterhours getting 3 bottles the cost of that with mixers is something like 8-9k roughly.
He is talking about Mekong whiskey or Samsong, you can't buy imported whiskey for 500-700 even at a supermarket.
PokerSpiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:55 AM   #9446
nutsflopper
veteran
 
nutsflopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,254
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

It's 100 Pipers, De Luxe whiskey from Scotland!
nutsflopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:02 AM   #9447
jimmyhat1000
MSNL HU Champion 2008
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 1,310
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessu View Post
i dont understand how you are running out of your visa if you have a triple entry and you have been here 2 months. triple entry is good for 9 months if you know how to optimize it

also like mentioned already you can extend each of the entries for 30 more days for 1900 baht at a immigration office.



best bet is to go to lao and get a double entry tourist visa. that's the only neighbouring country that issues double atm. if you need to stay for 6 more months that is.

there is no 4 times a year rule. only 4 times rule i know regarding entries is that you can arrive by land 4 times and get the 15-day visa exempt stamp. after the 4th time you cant arrive by land without a visa anymore so dont worry about that one either

i'm pretty sure we can squeeze much more out of your visa so could you answer these questions and i will help you optimize the use of the rest of your visa (hope that is a sentence )

how many times have you entered thailand using the visa?
when was the last time? what date is on your current permission of stay stamp in your passport (the one that immigration stamps for you when you arrive)
what is the "enter before" date on your visa
when are you planning to leave thailand for a longer period?
Im going back to Australia (Perth) for a few weeks in January, at that time i will have one more 2 months entry left on my tourist VISA and i want to go and live in Bangkok.

Someone said they hand out the 1 year visa's in Perth no problem, i was under the impression that was for 50yr olds or over, basically retired people, can you tell me what info yuo had to give/show to them to get the one year VISA?

Thanks

Oh, and obv see you in Bangkok in a month or two
jimmyhat1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:43 AM   #9448
Konig
journeyman
 
Konig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sydney
Posts: 306
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

I heard that it's actually Brisbane who are easy with the visas.

Check Thaivisa perhaps.

Also, it's not for people over 50, it's called something like non-imm-O.
Konig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:14 AM   #9449
Lessu
Thailand Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Finn Land
Posts: 9,064
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyhat1000 View Post
Im going back to Australia (Perth) for a few weeks in January, at that time i will have one more 2 months entry left on my tourist VISA and i want to go and live in Bangkok.

Someone said they hand out the 1 year visa's in Perth no problem, i was under the impression that was for 50yr olds or over, basically retired people, can you tell me what info yuo had to give/show to them to get the one year VISA?

Thanks

Oh, and obv see you in Bangkok in a month or two
http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Non-Vi...h-t213233.html

read that for starters. i don't have any personal experience about getting that visa but there are a few ppl here who have. maybe they can PM you with details

if you are going to perth i would get this visa and forget about that one tourist visa entry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konig View Post
I heard that it's actually Brisbane who are easy with the visas.

Check Thaivisa perhaps.

Also, it's not for people over 50, it's called something like non-imm-O.
you have any url's for the brisbane embassy/consulate? perth is widely talked on thaivisa but i have never heard about brisbane
Lessu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:24 AM   #9450
dannyr
adept
 
dannyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 734
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

me and ellys got it in perth and we are from norway, u just need old stamps showing you have been in thailand before and say your going to see your gf or thai friend or something, get a letter from thai girl etc, we got it same day. 1year(15months if you enter just before it runs out) multi entry, 90day stamps.
dannyr is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive