Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Travel A place to discuss and learn about traveling

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2018, 07:34 AM   #64826
joombo
temp-banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 30
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soinana View Post
LOL would be interesting to know how many people have paid to join.
true story. I think a lot of..
joombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 08:03 AM   #64827
5 south
veteran
 
5 south's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lat Yao
Posts: 2,507
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrretrog View Post
What exactly does paying $49 membership to a forum give you? Is there any experts in the forums field hired or paid to post on the platform? Or is it the logic just ‘look guys, if you have to pay people are Gona be serious, now pay me and get serious guys!’
Seriously though, curious to know what the value is.
Not trolling, sincerely happy for PE. He carved out his own niche and stoked for him just really curious about the info that is being shared. He may have a new one and done member coming his way.
5 south is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 10:15 AM   #64828
lol69
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,171
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrretrog View Post
What exactly does paying $49 membership to a forum give you? Is there any experts in the forums field hired or paid to post on the platform? Or is it the logic just ‘look guys, if you have to pay people are Gona be serious, now pay me and get serious guys!’
probably a forum for red-pilled, MGTOW digital nomads talking about all their freeeeeeeeeedom
lol69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 10:30 AM   #64829
Pablos Elbow
stranger
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 1
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

The group is for newbies who are scared to move to Thailand for reason X or for those who want to retire/find a wife, be a successful nomad, start a bricks and mortar business or[insert goal here] for moving to Thailand or staying here long-term.

I noticed there are thousands of expats (rich and poor) who look happy on the outside but on the inside are lost or a mess because of too much exposure to girls, booze and the other vices Thailand offers (I was one of them).

My community is to help those of who are lost and drifting doing nothing all day (you can be mega-rich be lost/drifting) and to give newbies a heads up on how to navigate the deep blue sea safely, without enabling/ normalizing banging hookers on a daily like it's totally fine and there will be no impact later.

I am not sure if anyone here would get value as this forum has enough information and lots of long-term members who can answer anything. If you're mentally messed up then yeah my group will help you a lot if you're willing to open up (it can be hard to find people you can talk to in Thailand about life problems when your family is so far away).

The group only has a handful of people (less than 10) which I was surprised about at first but on reflection makes total sense.

My site is mostly guys who want to come here and bang (naive), very few are thinking about the bigger picture. My group is more for people who are past that and now are thinking "what the hell am I doing now"? or 30+ who want to a new start in Thailand. So you don't get trolls.

My site is more of a hobby now than anything, I write because I love the feedback I get from my readers and I think if I carry on I'll be the next Stickman - only bigger and better. Won't reply to any comments but hope you're all crushing and loving life.

Last edited by Pablos Elbow; 08-06-2018 at 10:37 AM.
Pablos Elbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 11:12 AM   #64830
HUgrinder2016
newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 33
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Whats the easiest way to go about spending 4 months in thailand?, coming from uk
HUgrinder2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 12:09 PM   #64831
purrretrog
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Embracing the yolo
Posts: 2,308
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

PE the therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUgrinder2016 View Post
Whats the easiest way to go about spending 4 months in thailand?, coming from uk
4 months is an awkward time frame, tourist visa gets you 90 days, and you can get 60 days on entry(with extensions), you can also get a METV(multi entry) which would give you enough time, but youll still have to leave the country briefly after 60 days.

Best imo would be to get a tourist visa, 60 days in Thai + 30 day extension, then spend the other 30 days in the surrounding countries(if it has to be exactly 4 months).

Worth mentioning there is a £100 difference between Tourist vrs METV if you have a budget.
purrretrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 12:43 PM   #64832
jtitties
stranger
 
jtitties's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 8
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramabranch View Post
They all will, but you'll need to show an utility bill, lease contract or bank statement showing your address in Thailand in order to cashout.
Awesome! Thanks for the info!
jtitties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 09:20 AM   #64833
GoinGreen
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 997
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

I have 1K USD in Neteller, need THB or Stars or, PM if interested.
GoinGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 07:21 PM   #64834
BoboFettFanBoy
newbie
 
BoboFettFanBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 17
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablos Elbow View Post
The group is for newbies who are scared to move to Thailand for reason X or for those who want to retire/find a wife, be a successful nomad, start a bricks and mortar business or[insert goal here] for moving to Thailand or staying here long-term.

I noticed there are thousands of expats (rich and poor) who look happy on the outside but on the inside are lost or a mess because of too much exposure to girls, booze and the other vices Thailand offers (I was one of them).

My community is to help those of who are lost and drifting doing nothing all day (you can be mega-rich be lost/drifting) and to give newbies a heads up on how to navigate the deep blue sea safely, without enabling/ normalizing banging hookers on a daily like it's totally fine and there will be no impact later.

I am not sure if anyone here would get value as this forum has enough information and lots of long-term members who can answer anything. If you're mentally messed up then yeah my group will help you a lot if you're willing to open up (it can be hard to find people you can talk to in Thailand about life problems when your family is so far away).

The group only has a handful of people (less than 10) which I was surprised about at first but on reflection makes total sense.

My site is mostly guys who want to come here and bang (naive), very few are thinking about the bigger picture. My group is more for people who are past that and now are thinking "what the hell am I doing now"? or 30+ who want to a new start in Thailand. So you don't get trolls.

My site is more of a hobby now than anything, I write because I love the feedback I get from my readers and I think if I carry on I'll be the next Stickman - only bigger and better. Won't reply to any comments but hope you're all crushing and loving life.
Nice to see you Harvie, been a long time.

So basically you offer a recovery service for broken off sexpats. Wait 20 years and LOL69 will be ready to fork over the $49.
BoboFettFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 05:42 AM   #64835
joombo
temp-banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 30
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

This year I spent a few weeks in Lamai, Thailand. I liked that city so much! I found live webcam from that place here https://worldcams.tv/cities/lamai-sunday-nightmarket and like to watch it from time to time. Great way to check the current weather conditions in the city if you're planning the trip. We rented an appartment near the market at affordable price.
joombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 07:55 AM   #64836
steelerian
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,862
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Spiv is still in Koh Samui (Lamai). He's a good guy if you get to know him. I never understood why he always got a bad rep on here for some reason. I can only assume it was just the sheep trying to be in the cool gang.
steelerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 11:14 AM   #64837
GoinGreen
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 997
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerian View Post
Spiv is still in Koh Samui (Lamai). He's a good guy if you get to know him. I never understood why he always got a bad rep on here for some reason. I can only assume it was just the sheep trying to be in the cool gang.
No matter who you are you can't get along with everyone. Spiv's alright, he helped me out a ton when I was a noob, and I was completely clueless, I didn't even get a Visa when I first came here
GoinGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 01:24 PM   #64838
lol69
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,171
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

#BringBackSpiv
lol69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 02:11 PM   #64839
samcx
Pooh-Bah
 
samcx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,969
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol69 View Post
#BringBackSpiv
+1
samcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 04:41 PM   #64840
LonelyBox
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 5,006
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol69 View Post
#BringBackSpiv
#BringBackSwimmin
LonelyBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 07:21 PM   #64841
Info Shove
adept
 
Info Shove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Instagram
Posts: 1,112
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyBox View Post
#BringBackSwimmin
#BringBackK2D
Info Shove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 07:58 PM   #64842
BoboFettFanBoy
newbie
 
BoboFettFanBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 17
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyBox View Post
#BringBackSwimmin
Looks like the micro-slongs have united!
BoboFettFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 11:51 PM   #64843
Limitbreak
centurion
 
Limitbreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 135
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Hey guys, me and a mate are looking to rent a flat/apartment in Phuket and we had our eye on this beauty for £2k a month. It's 3,000 sq ft flat in the Kamala area, two bedroom and with a pool out front. 2km to the beach and 2km to the town. Is the price reasonable for what we are paying for? Also any general advice about living/grinding/partying in the Phuket would be appreciated, cheers.
Limitbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 02:23 AM   #64844
Pooter
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Pooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: @nomadpooter
Posts: 6,853
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol69 View Post
#BringBackSpiv
+1000

We'd be lucky if came back, even if he was given the opportunity.
Pooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 03:11 AM   #64845
jspill
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: IG
Posts: 8,109
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

He's been allowed to come back this whole time, just not on his original handle and not telling people to kill themselves (RIP swimmin)

85k baht for a 2 bedroom not central or by the beach is prob overpriced, but maybe it's really nice, would have to see pics. But just check Airbnb filtered for monthly and you'll work out if you can do better or not
jspill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 08:26 AM   #64846
purrretrog
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Embracing the yolo
Posts: 2,308
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limitbreak View Post
Hey guys, me and a mate are looking to rent a flat/apartment in Phuket and we had our eye on this beauty for £2k a month. It's 3,000 sq ft flat in the Kamala area, two bedroom and with a pool out front. 2km to the beach and 2km to the town. Is the price reasonable for what we are paying for? Also any general advice about living/grinding/partying in the Phuket would be appreciated, cheers.
Almost certainly overpaying in Kamala 2km from the beach. I do prefer kamala to Kata/Karon beach areas though. Although plenty disagree with me, if you’ve never been to Phuket best to come and hang out in each town before committing.
purrretrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 11:38 PM   #64847
BoboFettFanBoy
newbie
 
BoboFettFanBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 17
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooter View Post
+1000

We'd be lucky if came back, even if he was given the opportunity.
Pooter, do u ever consider going back to the gigolo game?


Quote:
Originally Posted by jspill View Post
He's been allowed to come back this whole time, just not on his original handle and not telling people to kill themselves (RIP swimmin)
Is Swimmin okay?
BoboFettFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 12:19 AM   #64848
meale
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
meale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 7,782
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Cross posting here,

Yo,

I'll be moving to Thailand within the next month or so not knowing a single person there. Planning on moving to Na Kluea/Pattaya and would be cool to meet a few grinders out there, or anywhere else in TL TBH. Would also be open to living in a grind house somewhere over there for a while as well.

HMU on here or via Skype (info@harveymeale.com) if you're keen to chat/have any advice.

<3
meale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 07:08 AM   #64849
Limitbreak
centurion
 
Limitbreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 135
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrretrog View Post
Almost certainly overpaying in Kamala 2km from the beach. I do prefer kamala to Kata/Karon beach areas though. Although plenty disagree with me, if you’ve never been to Phuket best to come and hang out in each town before committing.
That would be a wise move if we travelling around a little but we'd like to get our apartment sorted first before we head out over to Thailand. What is it that you like about Kamala? We're open to renting a place in a different part of Phuket so getting advice from all fellow 2p2 adventurers would be grand. I expect about half to 2/3rds of the time we'll actually be grinding then the remainder travelling around and enjoying the party scene.
Limitbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 08:14 AM   #64850
viking1
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 653
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meale View Post
Cross posting here,

Yo,

I'll be moving to Thailand within the next month or so not knowing a single person there. Planning on moving to Na Kluea/Pattaya and would be cool to meet a few grinders out there, or anywhere else in TL TBH. Would also be open to living in a grind house somewhere over there for a while as well.

HMU on here or via Skype (info@harveymeale.com) if you're keen to chat/have any advice.

<3
Not sure how old you are , but if you're 50+ you will be happy in the Naklua area of Pattaya, if your nationality is German you will feel even more at home , because of all the German retired expats live in the area, at least 10 German sois here.

Anyway if you want to hang out with young people with similar interests as yourself Bangkok or Chiang Mai would be a better choice.





But really don't see the attraction for younger people in Sin City.

Sent from my SM-P601 using 2+2 Forums
viking1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online