Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Travel A place to discuss and learn about traveling

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2008, 01:33 AM   #4201
liz.t
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: sydney, australia
Posts: 43
Re: Thailand returns

yo, can anyone recommend good accommodation at Koh Chang for ~8 people during new years?

sorry if i've posted in the wrong thread -- had a brief look and am not sure if this is an advice thread or random lulz
liz.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:56 AM   #4202
Mmerli
adept
 
Mmerli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand
Posts: 1,129
Re: Thailand returns

Anyone know if it's possible to get a proper health/accident/whatever insurance in Thailand? Last time I went I bought a "travel insurance" from home that basically covered any hospital expenses, ticket home if seriously ill, any lawyer expenses, theft etc. but it was quite expensive.
Mmerli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:24 AM   #4203
NewTeaBag
banned
 
NewTeaBag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: ผสม FTW!
Posts: 6,249
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmerli View Post
Anyone know if it's possible to get a proper health/accident/whatever insurance in Thailand? Last time I went I bought a "travel insurance" from home that basically covered any hospital expenses, ticket home if seriously ill, any lawyer expenses, theft etc. but it was quite expensive.
Gammmmboooool BEATCH!
NewTeaBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:25 AM   #4204
NewTeaBag
banned
 
NewTeaBag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: ผสม FTW!
Posts: 6,249
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz.t View Post
yo, can anyone recommend good accommodation at Koh Chang for ~8 people during new years?

sorry if i've posted in the wrong thread -- had a brief look and am not sure if this is an advice thread or random lulz
It's both a "hai u" thread and advice as well.

Unfortunately I know nit noi about Koh Chang.
NewTeaBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:49 AM   #4205
AuroythmiX
old hand
 
AuroythmiX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,247
Re: Thailand returns

Went out on Thursday night to Tiger and metup with Jim. Music there was good and crowd was very friendly. We ended up at this big pool hall place smoking sheishas and getting hussled at pool by thai girls.

Last night I ended up getting hussled at Connect 4, so not much changes. We ended up at Banana, which looked like it would be a good place to go if the music was better. Lots of tourists all young people mostly, having a good time. Then ended up at Rock City where the a bunch of young thai dudes play ACDC and all sorts of **** like that. Pretty funny, they are actually really good. Crowd is mostly from Aus/UK/US etc. but also a lot of young Jap tourists.

Going out to get dinner tonight in Patong, send me a message on +61 422 046 486 if any of you guys are out and about, and keen to meetup.
AuroythmiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:52 AM   #4206
sh58
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
sh58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: blog!!! + brighton
Posts: 7,336
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroythmiX View Post
Went out on Thursday night to Tiger and metup with Jim. Music there was good and crowd was very friendly. We ended up at this big pool hall place smoking sheishas and getting hussled at pool by thai girls.

Last night I ended up getting hussled at Connect 4, so not much changes. We ended up at Banana, which looked like it would be a good place to go if the music was better. Lots of tourists all young people mostly, having a good time. Then ended up at Rock City where the a bunch of young thai dudes play ACDC and all sorts of **** like that. Pretty funny, they are actually really good. Crowd is mostly from Aus/UK/US etc. but also a lot of young Jap tourists.

Going out to get dinner tonight in Patong, send me a message on +61 422 046 486 if any of you guys are out and about, and keen to meetup.
lol, i think all of us from puket have had almost exactly the same night
sh58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 09:36 AM   #4207
Pumpui
banned
 
Pumpui's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Phuket, Thailand
Posts: 1,517
Re: Thailand returns

Just goto an ING direct office and get health inssurance from Buta inssurance or something

They have nice plans, very cheap.. less than 1k a year
Pumpui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 10:48 AM   #4208
Mmerli
adept
 
Mmerli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand
Posts: 1,129
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewTeaBag View Post
Gammmmboooool BEATCH!
We both know It's not a gamble whether or not I crash on motorsai,- it's a sure thing! and the chance that Nan shows up on my porch with a machete is not that remote either

Quote:
Just goto an ING direct office and get health inssurance from Buta inssurance or something
Ok I just heard that only farangs with a work permit can get a proper insurance there.
Mmerli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 11:47 AM   #4209
schreech26
veteran
 
schreech26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: chiang mai kap
Posts: 3,310
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyironThumb View Post

how the hell does she know 'sexual relationship' in english?!
17yr old whore?
schreech26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 11:49 AM   #4210
schreech26
veteran
 
schreech26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: chiang mai kap
Posts: 3,310
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmerli View Post
Anyone know if it's possible to get a proper health/accident/whatever insurance in Thailand? Last time I went I bought a "travel insurance" from home that basically covered any hospital expenses, ticket home if seriously ill, any lawyer expenses, theft etc. but it was quite expensive.
mine covered my first bike accident, but after that, I was on my own. I guess it's like if you buy insurance after you find out you have lung cancer. I think mine ran about 200/3 mo and it was worth it. Thailand - it will **** you up.
schreech26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 11:51 AM   #4211
schreech26
veteran
 
schreech26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: chiang mai kap
Posts: 3,310
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmerli View Post
We both know It's not a gamble whether or not I crash on motorsai,- it's a sure thing! and the chance that Nan shows up on my porch with a machete is not that remote either


Ok I just heard that only farangs with a work permit can get a proper insurance there.
When are you coming back to paladice?
schreech26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 12:02 PM   #4212
Mmerli
adept
 
Mmerli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand
Posts: 1,129
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by schreech26 View Post
When are you coming back to paladice?
I'm in the process of getting a nonimmigrant-o 1 year visa which is kind of a hassle since the guy in Thai Consulate in Denmark is being a pain. When I get that I'm booking the first flight out of here and straight to loom.
Mmerli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 12:12 PM   #4213
liz.t
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: sydney, australia
Posts: 43
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewTeaBag View Post
It's both a "hai u" thread and advice as well.

Unfortunately I know nit noi about Koh Chang.
gotcha, thanks anyways
liz.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 12:14 PM   #4214
schreech26
veteran
 
schreech26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: chiang mai kap
Posts: 3,310
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmerli View Post
I'm in the process of getting a nonimmigrant-o 1 year visa which is kind of a hassle since the guy in Thai Consulate in Denmark is being a pain. When I get that I'm booking the first flight out of here and straight to loom.
haha, im suprised you made it so long surrounded by all those terrible scandis.
schreech26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 12:29 PM   #4215
Fletcher19
Pooh-Bah
 
Fletcher19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: still the same,just got more fierce
Posts: 4,131
Re: Thailand returns

be warned everybody, the once great commonwealth of kata is being taken over by scandis!
Fletcher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 12:32 PM   #4216
Fletcher19
Pooh-Bah
 
Fletcher19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: still the same,just got more fierce
Posts: 4,131
Re: Thailand returns

had the ****s all day, likely caused by eating a 24 year old refrigerated smoky bite.

sat in on a saturday night . on the plus side i have watched 8 episodes of the wire today
Fletcher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 12:33 PM   #4217
NewTeaBag
banned
 
NewTeaBag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: ผสม FTW!
Posts: 6,249
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmerli View Post
... and the chance that Nan shows up on my porch with a machete is not that remote either
On the goot newz front, Thaialnd leads the world in penis reattachment (and removal) surgery.
NewTeaBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 12:34 PM   #4218
NewTeaBag
banned
 
NewTeaBag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: ผสม FTW!
Posts: 6,249
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletcher19 View Post
had the ****s all day, likely caused by eating a 24 year old refrigerated smoky bite.

sat in on a saturday night . on the plus side i have watched 8 episodes of the wire today
WTK?

Nows ur big chance to up the filthbag rankings by dropping a messy Boston Pancake on a girl.
NewTeaBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 12:37 PM   #4219
Fletcher19
Pooh-Bah
 
Fletcher19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: still the same,just got more fierce
Posts: 4,131
Re: Thailand returns

lol, the dragon will be back in action soon enough i hope
Fletcher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 01:15 PM   #4220
the_dal_kid
old hand
 
the_dal_kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: fake life
Posts: 1,638
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by schreech26 View Post
mine covered my first bike accident,
lawl
the_dal_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 01:59 PM   #4221
the_dal_kid
old hand
 
the_dal_kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: fake life
Posts: 1,638
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletcher19 View Post
be warned everybody, the once great commonwealth of kata is being taken over by scandis!
tell them to bring some women imo
the_dal_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 02:20 PM   #4222
Lessu
Thailand Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Finn Land
Posts: 9,064
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dal_kid View Post
tell them to bring some women imo
wat?
Lessu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 02:24 PM   #4223
Khun Degen
banned
 
Khun Degen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 64
Re: Thailand returns

http://kensingtonvictoria.com/blog/w...7/image002.jpg
Khun Degen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 02:54 PM   #4224
NewTeaBag
banned
 
NewTeaBag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: ผสม FTW!
Posts: 6,249
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khun Degen View Post
Yeah, so despite being bizarrely tragic, it is also SO incredibly awesome to live in a country where this could happen.
NewTeaBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 02:55 PM   #4225
livestream
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 543
Re: Thailand returns

Which guestfriendly hotel is the place to be in patong?
is the taxi the best way to go from airport to patong? when do i know that the driver is robbin me?1k bath? 2k? ;-)
livestream is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive