Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Travel A place to discuss and learn about traveling

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2008, 06:25 AM   #3751
Fletcher19
Pooh-Bah
 
Fletcher19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: still the same,just got more fierce
Posts: 4,131
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellys View Post
fletch daniel and myself are coming 31st of july.
ship ship


anybody know how the clothes sizes are in bangkok? will be back there on the 27th and i need to buy some smart clothes.

in tokyo atm and i am having trouble find shirts/t-shirts that fit these pythons hanging from my shoulders. obv there isn't much difference in size between your average japanese or thai person but i thought that maybe because of the farang influence the sizes may be more reasonable there.
Fletcher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:39 AM   #3752
schreech26
veteran
 
schreech26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: chiang mai kap
Posts: 3,310
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletcher19 View Post
ship ship


anybody know how the clothes sizes are in bangkok? will be back there on the 27th and i need to buy some smart clothes.

in tokyo atm and i am having trouble find shirts/t-shirts that fit these pythons hanging from my shoulders. obv there isn't much difference in size between your average japanese or thai person but i thought that maybe because of the farang influence the sizes may be more reasonable there.
Leave the guns alone.

Everything's smaller, but I'm pretty sure they have farang sizes.
schreech26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:11 PM   #3753
bangkok
stranger
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 5
Re: Thailand returns

Check out the big department stores in Bangkok and you'll have no problem - Paragon/Central World/Emprium etc.
bangkok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:26 PM   #3754
AuroythmiX
old hand
 
AuroythmiX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,247
Re: Thailand returns

I will be in Thailand with a friend from 1st July to 16th July.

Given the weather atm in Thailand, what would you guys suggest doing, and what would be the best places to go?

Is the weather better in the islands etc?
AuroythmiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:26 PM   #3755
NewTeaBag
banned
 
NewTeaBag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: ผสม FTW!
Posts: 6,249
Re: Thailand returns

HMMMMMMM!

Important safety reminder fellows.

Don't start ****t with Thai dudes, ESP in late night clubs.

Just seen some farang, who pissed off some staff at safari calmy escorted out of the upstairs area and greeted by 15-20 Thai dudes in the quiet downstairs, who gave him a good 5 min group beating. I put his chances of survival at around 50%.
NewTeaBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:41 PM   #3756
clickingbuttons
veteran
 
clickingbuttons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: African
Posts: 2,779
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewTeaBag View Post
HMMMMMMM!

Important safety reminder fellows.

Don't start ****t with Thai dudes, ESP in late night clubs.

Just seen some farang, who pissed off some staff at safari calmy escorted out of the upstairs area and greeted by 15-20 Thai dudes in the quiet downstairs, who gave him a good 5 min group beating. I put his chances of survival at around 50%.
Safari is a place 4 love not war imo
clickingbuttons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:18 PM   #3757
schreech26
veteran
 
schreech26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: chiang mai kap
Posts: 3,310
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewTeaBag View Post
HMMMMMMM!

Important safety reminder fellows.

Don't start ****t with Thai dudes, ESP in late night clubs.

Just seen some farang, who pissed off some staff at safari calmy escorted out of the upstairs area and greeted by 15-20 Thai dudes in the quiet downstairs, who gave him a good 5 min group beating. I put his chances of survival at around 50%.
wtk.

Is motorbike lady coming out tonight?
schreech26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:34 PM   #3758
clickingbuttons
veteran
 
clickingbuttons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: African
Posts: 2,779
Re: Thailand returns

Any1 want an under over on screech living 2 30? Im not taking any action from u alex btw
clickingbuttons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:35 PM   #3759
clickingbuttons
veteran
 
clickingbuttons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: African
Posts: 2,779
Re: Thailand returns

Touch wood
clickingbuttons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:00 AM   #3760
schreech26
veteran
 
schreech26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: chiang mai kap
Posts: 3,310
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by clickingbuttons View Post
Any1 want an under over on screech living 2 30? Im not taking any action from u alex btw
Why not? Do you think I'll lock myself inside for the next 6 years?
schreech26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:03 AM   #3761
clickingbuttons
veteran
 
clickingbuttons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: African
Posts: 2,779
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by schreech26 View Post
Why not? Do you think I'll lock myself inside for the next 6 years?
No but i think some1 should lock u up 4 a long time
clickingbuttons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:32 AM   #3762
ratholeusoul
adept
 
ratholeusoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: run bkk, Thailand
Posts: 984
Re: Thailand returns

Can anyone recommend a good barber shop @ west side of Phuket? I feel I should celebrate this first sunny day in a while by letting four girls rub coconut oil into my scalp for an hour or so.

Also, a cigar shop where I could pick up a humidor. My cuban pride requires more love than a plastic bag and a few shot glasses of water.
ratholeusoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:37 AM   #3763
WhoIam
Pooh-Bah
 
WhoIam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: ☭
Posts: 5,050
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratholeusoul View Post
Also, a cigar shop where I could pick up a humidor. My cuban pride requires more love than a plastic bag and a few shot glasses of water.
There's a good cigar store on the beach road in Patong.
WhoIam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:56 AM   #3764
ratholeusoul
adept
 
ratholeusoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: run bkk, Thailand
Posts: 984
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratholeusoul View Post
I feel I should celebrate this first sunny day
Sigh, just as I got my clothes on and psyched to go somewhere....
ratholeusoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:12 AM   #3765
schreech26
veteran
 
schreech26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: chiang mai kap
Posts: 3,310
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratholeusoul View Post
Sigh, just as I got my clothes on and psyched to go somewhere....
?
It's still sunny...are you in patong?
schreech26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:22 AM   #3766
ratholeusoul
adept
 
ratholeusoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: run bkk, Thailand
Posts: 984
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by schreech26 View Post
?
It's still sunny...are you in patong?
No man's land... between Surin beach and Laguna.
ratholeusoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:30 AM   #3767
MyironThumb
Pooh-Bah
 
MyironThumb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,383
Re: Thailand returns

the sun is out people!!beach???

Also, what the Khap at safari?? Where do all these thai guys come from whenever some falang is in need of a serious beating? do they page all the local nut cases or somthing??

Team Tokyo, Hows Tokyo????shipped a Japanese yet?
MyironThumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:05 AM   #3768
schreech26
veteran
 
schreech26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: chiang mai kap
Posts: 3,310
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyironThumb View Post
the sun is out people!!beach???

Also, what the Khap at safari?? Where do all these thai guys come from whenever some falang is in need of a serious beating? do they page all the local nut cases or somthing??
I just assume every thai male is a crazy mauy thai champion.
schreech26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:39 AM   #3769
clickingbuttons
veteran
 
clickingbuttons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: African
Posts: 2,779
Re: Thailand returns

Tokyo rocks, we living here next year, who is in?
clickingbuttons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:53 AM   #3770
Khun Degen
banned
 
Khun Degen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 64
Re: Thailand returns

anybody know of some good spots in bkk that have free wireless internet? good=air con+food+comfortable seating+super bonus of uni girls or some other nice eye candy
Khun Degen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:07 AM   #3771
schreech26
veteran
 
schreech26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: chiang mai kap
Posts: 3,310
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by clickingbuttons View Post
Tokyo rocks, we living here next year, who is in?
Instead of Hong Kong? I might be...
schreech26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:12 AM   #3772
sh58
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
sh58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: blog!!! + brighton
Posts: 7,336
Re: Thailand returns

btw

john wins the prop bet about how many states in america are larger than britain

in your face empiremaker2

11 states are larger, so 2k to the judge
sh58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:19 AM   #3773
ofdabeat
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: friggin bangkok baby
Posts: 738
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khun Degen View Post
anybody know of some good spots in bkk that have free wireless internet? good=air con+food+comfortable seating+super bonus of uni girls or some other nice eye candy
I'm pretty sure the restaurant with a view on the plaza at siam paragon has wireless. Pretty much spot on food is nice, air con is perfect and there is a ton of lookers passing by.

Other than that you have the greyhound cafes wireless in all of them i think. The one on thonglor J-avenue should deliver in term of eye-candy.
ofdabeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:28 AM   #3774
Khun Degen
banned
 
Khun Degen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 64
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofdabeat View Post
I'm pretty sure the restaurant with a view on the plaza at siam paragon has wireless. Pretty much spot on food is nice, air con is perfect and there is a ton of lookers passing by.

Other than that you have the greyhound cafes wireless in all of them i think. The one on thonglor J-avenue should deliver in term of eye-candy.

cool thanks. found these two links searching on thai visa if anybody else is interested.

http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/wifi/...ternetWiFi.htm

http://thelandofsmiles.com/articles/...ngkok-thailand

Quote:
Assumption University / ABAC Hua Mark
Hua Mark

Strong signal and free for everyone, not just students.

hmmm...
Khun Degen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:31 AM   #3775
clickingbuttons
veteran
 
clickingbuttons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: African
Posts: 2,779
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh58 View Post
btw

john wins the prop bet about how many states in america are larger than britain

in your face empiremaker2

11 states are larger, so 2k to the judge
Yessss John is the king of africa, this just confirms wot iv always suspected, u americanos have brains like small animal
clickingbuttons is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive