Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Travel A place to discuss and learn about traveling

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2008, 01:53 AM   #3551
kaah
old hand
 
kaah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: TROPICOOL ISLAND
Posts: 1,351
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexswan View Post
+1
Short time ore long time :P
kaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:52 AM   #3552
ofdabeat
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: friggin bangkok baby
Posts: 738
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by manylevels View Post
got something to fo tommorrow now
Arg the girls on the cosmetics/women stuff/accessories floor in Paragon department store are just unbelievable.
So much hotness it's ridiculous.
ofdabeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:42 AM   #3553
kaah
old hand
 
kaah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: TROPICOOL ISLAND
Posts: 1,351
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofdabeat View Post
Arg the girls on the cosmetics/women stuff/accessories floor in Paragon department store are just unbelievable.
So much hotness it's ridiculous.
But they often have so much plastic on that it reminds me of the ladyboys..

And call me when u can afford to go to nana again.. broke bastard.
kaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:02 AM   #3554
Hiphopopotamus
journeyman
 
Hiphopopotamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 339
Re: Thailand returns

I'm currently in Phuket right now and I need to fly to Vegas at the end of June. Which SE Asia country would be the cheapest to book a round trip ticket from? I'd prefer to fly out from Bangkok but I haven't really had very much luck finding tickets. I'm also a Canadian and I don't really know what good American airlines are so that might also be kind of hindering my searches.

Anyway, if anyone has some quick tips to throw my way, that'd be much appreciated. Thanks.
Hiphopopotamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:40 AM   #3555
luckychancer
centurion
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 151
Re: Thailand returns

Go and see a local travel agent. they will do all the legwork for you and usually get you a really good price into the bargain.
luckychancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:15 AM   #3556
kaah
old hand
 
kaah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: TROPICOOL ISLAND
Posts: 1,351
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckychancer View Post
Go and see a local travel agent. they will do all the legwork for you and usually get you a really good price into the bargain.
not recommended. Commission maak maak

found
1way bkk ghanzu,ch > LA > vegas nevada

~1.2K$

on this site, press ENG up to the right

http://www.supersavertravel.se/
kaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 01:05 PM   #3557
alexswan
newbie
 
alexswan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 28
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaah View Post
Short time ore long time :P
F**k knows, longtime I think!
alexswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 04:39 AM   #3558
Khun Degen
banned
 
Khun Degen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 64
Re: Thailand returns

Local travel agents have gotten me my cheapest flights ever (particularly for international flights on short notice). The problem is finding a good one and thats hard if you are white. Ask your girlfriend if she has one she knows or uses, or ask some other thai people who they use. Don't get ripped off though, like lots of people in this country, they'll try to rob you blind with a big warm smile if you let them.

2 attempted rip-offs I've had:

1) Got quoted a price on the phone for a flight several days in advance. Agent said she couldn't meet us that day and would come by the night before the flight. The night before the flight she comes by with the tickets and all of the paperwork, but tells us the flight we wanted had sold out and she booked us for an asscrackofdawn flight the next day, AND it was way more expensive. As we hadn't paid yet, we told her to suckadick and went a day later...and found a new travel agent.

2) Reserved a flight over the phone and confirmed the price, sent the money to their office via messenger, but didn't get the tickets. Again this was several days before the flight (different agent). Night before the flight we call to get the tickets messengered to us and are told the price was misquoted to us before. As I'd now used this agent multiple times (with no problems...great prices) I thought I'd have some leverage, so I made a big deal about it, had my girlfriend call and complain, threatened not to use them anymore etc...finally they caved and the woman said she'd pay the difference out of her salary (riiiiiiiiight) and they gave us the quoted price.

Both of these easily could have been avoided if we had gotten something on paper the first day instead of getting verbal reservations. So ya, don't get a verbally quoted price and get the actual tickets etc the night before, cuz they know they have you by the balls at that point and are not to be trusted with such power =/

Last edited by Khun Degen; 06-10-2008 at 04:58 AM. Reason: to add ripoff stories
Khun Degen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:14 AM   #3559
ofdabeat
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: friggin bangkok baby
Posts: 738
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaah View Post
But they often have so much plastic on that it reminds me of the ladyboys..

And call me when u can afford to go to nana again.. broke bastard.
Yeah probably because half of them are ladyboys.

Well I'll be there friday, going to rent a hotel room somewhere and then hit nana at around 8pm. See u there I guess.
ofdabeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:18 AM   #3560
kaah
old hand
 
kaah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: TROPICOOL ISLAND
Posts: 1,351
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofdabeat View Post
Yeah probably because half of them are ladyboys.

Well I'll be there friday, going to rent a hotel room somewhere and then hit nana at around 8pm. See u there I guess.
Friday it is then!
kaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:21 AM   #3561
Pumpui
banned
 
Pumpui's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Phuket, Thailand
Posts: 1,517
Re: Thailand returns

hate ofdabeat and his new mina noi...
He's not broke, we party'd it up the other day... finished by getting hit on by ***** indians at spice.


Travel agents are scums, i used the one at my hotel to get my VIP bus to phuket since going to sai tai to buy the real deal is a big pain.

Well turns out, i got taken to khoa san... had to take a second class buss with 50 other ***** ugly smelly ******ed backpackers. and 1 french couple living in india who got ripped off the same way.. but it gets better for the same price as the vip(Which includes a good meal) we got stopped at a rip off thai stand at midnight.. small rice/chiken plate.. 60baht... OUTDATED pringles, 100baht... so overpriced.

granted there was a 7/11 on the other side of the highway+3mins walk, but i did not see it before the last minute because of the angle we were in.. then 6 more hours(Should be in phuket) we get to middle south... we get to wait 2hours in a lovely tourist/cantine shop. starving, refusing to eat their rip off food this time. i really thought i was getting close to phuket so i was ready to wait. (the morons going to krabi were lucky they kept the bus).. so after the 2 hours we get a nice tuk tuk driverr.. to drive us 1hours through the mud and jungle.. pickup more people when were overloaded.. and we end up in suran thani, the dirtiest ***** city ever. there we wait 30mins to get put into a friggin 50baht public bus, that was overbooked. people had to sit on each other. again no food or water. ... this ******ed bus, first crashed into a car after 5mins.. 45mins wait. then it went through all the small roads to get a couple people. 3hour ride turns into 5:30. goddamnit... i was at least 14hours without food and dehydrated. 20hour bus trip.. so sickening
Pumpui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:28 AM   #3562
manylevels
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 639
Re: Thailand returns

u do know that you can take a plane from bkk to phuket for like 3k baht pumpui?
manylevels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:41 AM   #3563
Pumpui
banned
 
Pumpui's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Phuket, Thailand
Posts: 1,517
Re: Thailand returns

you know i spent 2500 usd in only 5 nights of party in BKK? + 10days of burgers

why would i waste an other 100$ when i can just take a bus and sleep for 30$
Pumpui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:05 AM   #3564
shortstackingyo
banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 565
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpui View Post
hate ofdabeat and his new mina noi...
He's not broke, we party'd it up the other day... finished by getting hit on by ***** indians at spice.


Travel agents are scums, i used the one at my hotel to get my VIP bus to phuket since going to sai tai to buy the real deal is a big pain.

Well turns out, i got taken to khoa san... had to take a second class buss with 50 other ***** ugly smelly ******ed backpackers. and 1 french couple living in india who got ripped off the same way.. but it gets better for the same price as the vip(Which includes a good meal) we got stopped at a rip off thai stand at midnight.. small rice/chiken plate.. 60baht... OUTDATED pringles, 100baht... so overpriced.

granted there was a 7/11 on the other side of the highway+3mins walk, but i did not see it before the last minute because of the angle we were in.. then 6 more hours(Should be in phuket) we get to middle south... we get to wait 2hours in a lovely tourist/cantine shop. starving, refusing to eat their rip off food this time. i really thought i was getting close to phuket so i was ready to wait. (the morons going to krabi were lucky they kept the bus).. so after the 2 hours we get a nice tuk tuk driverr.. to drive us 1hours through the mud and jungle.. pickup more people when were overloaded.. and we end up in suran thani, the dirtiest ***** city ever. there we wait 30mins to get put into a friggin 50baht public bus, that was overbooked. people had to sit on each other. again no food or water. ... this ******ed bus, first crashed into a car after 5mins.. 45mins wait. then it went through all the small roads to get a couple people. 3hour ride turns into 5:30. goddamnit... i was at least 14hours without food and dehydrated. 20hour bus trip.. so sickening
i can't figure out why people would wanna constantly **** you over. you're such a pleasant guy.
shortstackingyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:09 AM   #3565
manylevels
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 639
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpui View Post
you know i spent 2500 usd in only 5 nights of party in BKK? + 10days of burgers

why would i waste an other 100$ when i can just take a bus and sleep for 30$
waste of time and money : 30$ for Bus > 100$ plane
manylevels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 06:51 PM   #3566
ellys
grinder
 
ellys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 438
Re: Thailand returns

looks like our trip to phuket refreshed me up pretty good



+6k on cake yiha
ellys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:04 PM   #3567
ofdabeat
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: friggin bangkok baby
Posts: 738
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpui View Post
hate ofdabeat and his new mina noi...
He's not broke, we party'd it up the other day... finished by getting hit on by ***** indians at spice.

Ahah will say hi to her friend from you, I'm sure she "miss u too mutt" already


Travel agents are scums, i used the one at my hotel to get my VIP bus to phuket since going to sai tai to buy the real deal is a big pain.

Actually you are supposed to go to pinklao. There, the non-backpackers bus to phuket is 600bahts or so.

Well turns out, i got taken to khoa san...
Ahahahahahhahahahahah i'd propbably have started to go berserk from here. Seriously as soon as you hit kao san road and the backpackers just jump out of the bus and go to the godamn airport

suran thani, the dirtiest ***** city ever
I heard it was pretty nice
.
ofdabeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 12:57 AM   #3568
Pumpui
banned
 
Pumpui's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Phuket, Thailand
Posts: 1,517
Re: Thailand returns

after 8 months i will play golf in thailand...
about ***** time
Pumpui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 02:05 AM   #3569
schreech26
veteran
 
schreech26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: chiang mai kap
Posts: 3,310
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortstackingyo View Post
i can't figure out why people would wanna constantly **** you over. you're such a pleasant guy.
jesus christ stop trolling. pumpui, im up for golf whenever you get back to phuket.
schreech26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 04:28 AM   #3570
AuroythmiX
old hand
 
AuroythmiX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,247
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellys View Post
looks like our trip to phuket refreshed me up pretty good



+6k on cake yiha
Are you elymint?

Nice one dude
AuroythmiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 04:57 AM   #3571
schreech26
veteran
 
schreech26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: chiang mai kap
Posts: 3,310
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellys View Post
looks like our trip to phuket refreshed me up pretty good



+6k on cake yiha
fk me my redline sucks. i need to get flawless as a coach. gj!
schreech26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 07:16 AM   #3572
Pumpui
banned
 
Pumpui's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Phuket, Thailand
Posts: 1,517
Re: Thailand returns

wow ellys.. come back to phuket, will get my girlfriend to cook for u daily for moderate coaching lol.. sick
me and alex are both fishies with negative $ without showdown

im back in phuket alex, and theres a cheap driving range on my street heh.

While driving around today i found a couple more and on the road to kathu near CENTRAL theres a good golfing course.

im up for it anyday..


Today with the wind kata noi had seom sick waves and underwater current. Awesomme!
Pumpui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:54 PM   #3573
schreech26
veteran
 
schreech26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: chiang mai kap
Posts: 3,310
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpui View Post
wow ellys.. come back to phuket, will get my girlfriend to cook for u daily for moderate coaching lol.. sick
me and alex are both fishies with negative $ without showdown

im back in phuket alex, and theres a cheap driving range on my street heh.

While driving around today i found a couple more and on the road to kathu near CENTRAL theres a good golfing course.

im up for it anyday..


Today with the wind kata noi had seom sick waves and underwater current. Awesomme!
im pretty useless right now because I just crashed my bike and ****ed up my leg. give me a week and we'll hit the range. i can still hobble around and get drunk though .
schreech26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:37 AM   #3574
NewTeaBag
banned
 
NewTeaBag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: ผสม FTW!
Posts: 6,249
Re: Thailand returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by schreech26 View Post
im pretty useless right now because I just crashed my bike and ****ed up my leg. give me a week and we'll hit the range. i can still hobble around and get drunk though .
HS PRO at this, imo
NewTeaBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:55 AM   #3575
Pumpui
banned
 
Pumpui's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Phuket, Thailand
Posts: 1,517
Re: Thailand returns

so what about EM2 and dalkid
they cool or they drink like american college kids (3 real beer = death, 10pabst (90% water) and its a party?)
Pumpui is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive