Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
The Realities of Natty Training: Loco finally runs the Boston Marathon The Realities of Natty Training: Loco finally runs the Boston Marathon

01-11-2022 , 11:11 PM
Not sure why being an elite professional-level athlete has to do with not getting a booster
01-12-2022 , 12:55 AM
Boosters are for fatties, it's that simple. Do you know that Covid attacks fat cells? Covid literally attacks fatties. There should a vaccine mandate for all bmis greater than 25, then the hospitals wouldn't be so overloaded.

I need more research before getting boosted. Already a warning out of Europe that repeat booster shots could affect immune system.

If there is any way I could be a burden on hospitals, I would get boosted. There is no shot of that, this Fitness God literally up and running 2 days later.
01-12-2022 , 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feel wrath The Realities of Natty Training: Loco finally runs the Boston Marathon
He’s not as fit as some 50yr olds
Nobody was talking to you
01-12-2022 , 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loco The Realities of Natty Training: Loco finally runs the Boston Marathon
Boosters are for fatties, it's that simple. Do you know that Covid attacks fat cells? Covid literally attacks fatties. There should a vaccine mandate for all bmis greater than 25, then the hospitals wouldn't be so overloaded.

I need more research before getting boosted. Already a warning out of Europe that repeat booster shots could affect immune system.

If there is any way I could be a burden on hospitals, I would get boosted. There is no shot of that, this Fitness God literally up and running 2 days later.
Sorry, locobro. You're right about a lot of stuff, but you're wrong about this. If you need a reason, the more viable hosts for COVID, the more likely a badass variant is likely to develop. Something that might even kill pro athletes. And the more likely you are to spread it to a vulnerable person.

I agree that if you get COVID, you are a near lock to recover completely and quickly. However, you not getting COVID at all helps the cause a tiny little bit.

The stuff about repeat boosters causing adverse effects is based on (as far as I can tell) almost no evidence (i.e. actual clinical studies). It's basically some Euro health official speculating on hypothetical possibilities. Also the warning was about "repeated" boosters and not a single booster, which the very same European body has officially recommended in a variety of scenarios.

Of course, you're going to latch on to stuff that confirms what you already believe, so I'm sure there is no point in trying to convince you otherwise. That is the way it goes with anti-vaxxers, and while I wouldn't describe you as one of those, it sounds like it will be the same uphill battle.

I will say that now that you just got COVID, that changes the calculus as far as the benefits of you getting a booster in the near future. However, prior to your getting COVID (and before that Euro warning came out) not getting boosted was the wrong call.

Last edited by Melkerson; 01-12-2022 at 03:34 AM.
01-12-2022 , 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpectedV The Realities of Natty Training: Loco finally runs the Boston Marathon
Nobody was talking to you

Did you come up with that savage put down all by yourself?

Last edited by feel wrath; 01-12-2022 at 04:49 AM.
01-12-2022 , 06:56 AM
There is no research that a twice vaccinated individual is more likely to create a variant than boosted individual. Maybe vaccinate the rest of the world before handing out third shots and that might help with variants. Lol at worrying about variants when plenty of poors need their first shot.


Why don't you guys get vaccinated yearly for the flu? I don't, maybe when I am old.

Pfizer says the omicron vaccine will be out in March. You gonna get that too? In Israel they getting the 4th shot already. You gonna get that?

Like I said, gonna need more research to get more shots. Will see how these Israelites do. For now, I am good.
01-12-2022 , 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feel wrath The Realities of Natty Training: Loco finally runs the Boston Marathon
Did you come up with that savage put down all by yourself?
Judging by your SN your like the little guy trying to act hard but we know where u at.

Edit: just saw his log. He’s old. We move on. No sense in talking **** to somebody who will be a senior citizen in a decade or so.
01-12-2022 , 01:18 PM
Oh shiet, Feel Wrath vs EV brawl. One is a corrections officer who gives the beatdown to child molesters. The other a drinking Aussie rowing champion with a big heart.

Feel Wrath -200
EV +150


Going with the size advantage (6' 200 vs 5'8 170) and the big heart. Rugby background certainly helps too, rather see missing teeth than that snicker on EV's face in all those selfie noodz.
01-12-2022 , 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loco The Realities of Natty Training: Loco finally runs the Boston Marathon
Oh shiet, Feel Wrath vs EV brawl. One is a corrections officer who gives the beatdown to child molesters. The other a drinking Aussie rowing champion with a big heart.

Feel Wrath -200
EV +150


Going with the size advantage (6' 200 vs 5'8 170) and the big heart. Rugby background certainly helps too, rather see missing teeth than that snicker on EV's face in all those selfie noodz.
Lol that’s one thing u and the life’ers at my prison have in common they wanna smack me up a bit. Many have tried many have failed. Like I tell them.. tell somebody who cares, I did not put you in the system now u better get right or get dealt with.

I get no points for smacking up a 50 Year old. Now if u yourself big bad Loco wants to get in a ring lemme know.
01-12-2022 , 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpectedV The Realities of Natty Training: Loco finally runs the Boston Marathon
Judging by your SN your like the little guy trying to act hard but we know where u at.

Edit: just saw his log. He’s old. We move on. No sense in talking **** to somebody who will be a senior citizen in a decade or so.

*You’re
01-12-2022 , 05:41 PM
prison officers. all really tough, all really brave and all really smart. God bless you
01-12-2022 , 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feel wrath The Realities of Natty Training: Loco finally runs the Boston Marathon
prison officers. all really tough, all really brave and all really smart. God bless you
And they say hatred doesn't have a genetic basis.
01-12-2022 , 09:57 PM
loco power rating going down bigly



Quote:
Originally Posted by loco The Realities of Natty Training: Loco finally runs the Boston Marathon
There is no research that a twice vaccinated individual is more likely to create a variant than boosted individual.
Wat? There is decent evidence to suggest that immunity from the first two doses wanes and that a boosted individual is less likely to get COVID than an unboosted indivdual. Obviously, if you don't get COVID then you can't be a facking incubator for a variant.

Also if you don't get COVID, then you are less likely to infect some vulnerable person.

Quote:
Maybe vaccinate the rest of the world before handing out third shots and that might help with variants.
Obviously we should do both.

Quote:
Lol at worrying about variants when plenty of poors need their first shot.
What do you think is going to happen to that dose of vaccine at the local pharmacy that you DON'T get. Here's a hint: it's not going to be sent to Africa to help someone in need. Odds are that it will expire and be discarded. If the vaccine that you were forgoing would be sent to poors elsewhere, then I'd agree with you.

If you were truly making some principled stand about global inequity, I guess I could look the other way. But let's not kid ourselves. That's far from your primary motivation.

Quote:
Why don't you guys get vaccinated yearly for the flu?
Dafuq is wrong with you? Obviously you should get a flu shot.

Quote:
Pfizer says the omicron vaccine will be out in March. You gonna get that too? In Israel they getting the 4th shot already. You gonna get that?
Yeah, I'm planning on getting a fourth shot. My booster was not that long ago, so I've got some time before I'm due.

Quote:
Like I said, gonna need more research to get more shots. Will see how these Israelites do. For now, I am good.
This is the standard anti-vaxxer cop out. You're not one, but you've got the same playbook. You can post research you want to see. If it is something reasonable, then some day in the not too distant future it will be published. At that point you will want some different evidence. It's a tale as old as time.

Last edited by Melkerson; 01-12-2022 at 10:03 PM.
01-12-2022 , 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecore The Realities of Natty Training: Loco finally runs the Boston Marathon
And they say hatred doesn't have a genetic basis.
Nice. That's nice.
01-12-2022 , 10:06 PM
I talked to my doctor friend today, same guy that said no to TRT because of my family history of CVD.

He said no to the booster shot, for me personally. Doc knows whats going on, can't tell only Olds and Fatties to get boosted, that would be shaming. So tell everyone to get boosted.

And the research is coming out. Omicron 100 times less deadly than Delta. And probably less deadly than the seasonal flu. We move on, unboosted but with the power of fitness on our side.
01-12-2022 , 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loco The Realities of Natty Training: Loco finally runs the Boston Marathon
I talked to my doctor friend today, same guy that said no to TRT because of my family history of CVD.

He said no to the booster shot, for me personally. Doc knows whats going on, can't tell only Olds and Fatties to get boosted, that would be shaming. So tell everyone to get boosted.

And the research is coming out. Omicron 100 times less deadly than Delta. And probably less deadly than the seasonal flu. We move on, unboosted but with the power of fitness on our side.
Yeah, I'm sure your doc friend knows more than docs [checks notes] at the CDC, NIH, FDA, etc. who are working on this shiet as their full-time job.

Although, I'm not sure exactly what you are saying he is saying. If your only consideration is your own personal risk of death, then the value of a booster is minimal. There are things like long COVID to maybe worry about even if you don't die (I'm not really worried about that, but since you love research so much, I'm sure you know you can find some pretty scary **** about that). So if your buddy is saying that "Getting the booster is not going reduce your chance of death much", then your buddy is absolutely right and I don't think anyone would disagree with him.

However, that's not the reason you should be getting the booster.

Did your doc friend also tell you not to get a flu shot?
01-13-2022 , 06:08 AM
50% of Americans get the flu shot. If your arguement is that I and other Americans should get the flu shot, then solid opinion bro.

I recommended you get these shots too, I am going to pass.
01-14-2022 , 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loco The Realities of Natty Training: Loco finally runs the Boston Marathon
50% of Americans get the flu shot. If your arguement is that I and other Americans should get the flu shot, then solid opinion bro.
I wasn't making an argument...yet. I was just curious about your "doctor friend's" opinion on flu shots.

I still have no idea what you are trying to say about flu shots. Yes, lots of people don't get flu shots. They should get them, but they don't because most people are stupid. Tell me more....

On the other hand, if you're trying to locosplain why people shouldn't be getting a flu shot, I'm all ears. This is gonna be good.
01-14-2022 , 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melkerson The Realities of Natty Training: Loco finally runs the Boston Marathon
I wasn't making an argument...yet. I was just curious about your "doctor friend's" opinion on flu shots.

I still have no idea what you are trying to say about flu shots. Yes, lots of people don't get flu shots. They should get them, but they don't because most people are stupid. Tell me more....

On the other hand, if you're trying to locosplain why people shouldn't be getting a flu shot, I'm all ears. This is gonna be good.



‘Most people should fold from MP to an utg raise when they’re holding 75o. But I can call because I haz mad post slop skillz’
01-14-2022 , 12:11 PM
Anyway, let's move on to something relevant to your interests.

Meet someone who is actually loco

https://www.outsideonline.com/health...world-records/
01-14-2022 , 01:18 PM
I got boosted and have COVID. Still think loco should get boosted. The downsides are so, so minimal that even if the upsides are not as maximal as previous vaccine shots, it's really hard to come up with a reasonable scenario where it's better to not keep getting boosters...
01-14-2022 , 02:54 PM
It's a perfectly fine opinion to have. Both you and melkerson think I should get boosted.


My doctor says I am fine not too. I am not getting boosted. There is no mandate to get boosted, maybe some health workers. If I was a health worker I probably would get boosted.

I am 0 percent to die or go to hospital. Melkerson is worried about me creating a variant when 10% of Africa is vaccinated. Lol.

In 6 months, I might change my mind. Melkerson and Yugo are some of the most extreme aspergers in this forum, so I will keep an eye on the effects of booster after booster on their posting.
01-14-2022 , 03:16 PM
I mean, couldn't a booster only improve our posting? :P
01-14-2022 , 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loco The Realities of Natty Training: Loco finally runs the Boston Marathon
Your fastest mile here is a 7min mile, one of them. I just ran 26 consecutive miles at 6:46 pace in NY. LolEV.
Next goal, 100 Miles at a 6:31 pace
01-14-2022 , 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregorio The Realities of Natty Training: Loco finally runs the Boston Marathon
6:31 is probably how fast your pony runs a mile.

      
m