Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Health and Fitness Discussion of health and fitness

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2020, 06:51 PM   #801
Number1Hater
 
Number1Hater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 13,814
Re: Project ABP

Quote:
Originally Posted by owster View Post
Aren't you changing your ways and attitude by watching Coach Cory and AMS?
yes, but FOR ME, NOT FOR ANYONE.

why do you hire poker coaches? do you want to lose $$$ for the rest of your life? no. you hire them so you can BETTER YOUR POKER SKILLS, NOT OTHER PEOPLES SKILLS.

there is a difference. some of these betas try to change for a women or for a job promotion, its hilarious. it never works out bc they get tired of faking it. like i said, this is why relationships fail, usually within 6-8 months.
Number1Hater is offline  
Old 03-29-2020, 06:52 PM   #802
Number1Hater
 
Number1Hater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 13,814
Re: Project ABP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpectedV View Post
Oh yeah weak af. Last time I did 135x10 for rdls I injured myself. I would think all those years of XC would strengthen my legs but meh.
LOVE IT.
Number1Hater is offline  
Old 03-29-2020, 08:00 PM   #803
The Yugoslavian
STTF HUC II Winner
 
The Yugoslavian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 24,894
Re: Project ABP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla4Sale View Post
my 130lbs wife is also stronger.
I mean....she should be considered strong among the general population, not just 130lbs women.
The Yugoslavian is offline  
Old 03-29-2020, 08:36 PM   #804
Gorilla4Sale
Pooh-Bah
 
Gorilla4Sale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: throwing sticks and stones...
Posts: 5,165
Re: Project ABP

lol @ calling me a yuppie.

Keep doing you, bro.
Gorilla4Sale is offline  
Old 03-29-2020, 08:39 PM   #805
Evoken
2014 Golden Loco
 
Evoken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: China
Posts: 10,302
Re: Project ABP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1Hater View Post



lol. another ignorant person jumping to conclusions. never did i brag or mentioned that i am strong. and if i did, I AM COMPARING MY OLD SELF TO TO THE CURRENT ME. I SIMPLY BRAG ABOUT MY BIG HEART AS I HAVE ONE. something that you don't have. YOU'RE OLD AND WEAK AND THIS FORUM ISN'T WHAT IT ONCE WAS BC YOU DON'T HAVE THE BIG HEART THAT I HAVE. i do not gaf about numbers. this is why i never tested maxes like said, but simply cared about adding more weight to the bar.

then we have ignorant bullie yuppies in here talking about who is bigger and stronger and their son. lol. its pathetic and you guys act like 16 year old sons of yuppies bragging about a car your parents bought you. so f silly lol.
You are ****ing with the wrong forum bros, my man. I'm not going to be upfront with all the details because it would be quite humiliating to you, but one was a literal professional strength athlete and the other is quite famous for achieving some very good natty numbers despite completely cursed lifting/aesthetics genetics. They are also both extremely successful in the professional lives, with G4S having the literal opposite of a "yuppie" job. You are still not even close to either, either in your personal/professional life or in lifting. Putting them down with your trite and predictable insults is not going to compensate for this. Have some humility like you used to and start listening to people who know more than you; and no, that does not mean ALFALA Male STRADAGEES.
Evoken is offline  
Old 03-29-2020, 08:47 PM   #806
Number1Hater
 
Number1Hater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 13,814
Re: Project ABP

wtf are you talking about? listen to who? I DO NOT CARE FOR A PROFESSIONAL STRENGTH ATHLETE. DO YOU REALLY THINK MY GOAL IS TO COME CLOSE TO THE ONES YOU ARE MENTIONING??? LOL. YOU ACT LIKE IM TRYING TO OUTLIFT ALL THESE YUPPIES IN HERE FOR SOME REASON. LOL.

THE ONLY ONE IM COMPETING WITH IS MYSELF. ABP. THE ONE THAT HAS ALL HEART.

GET THAT THROUGH YOUR WEE LITTLE HEAD.

I DO NOT HAVE TO LISTEN TO ANYONE JUST BC THEY OUTLIFT ME. WTF KIND OF CLOWN REMARK IS THAT???

OH YOU KNOW WHAT? YOU DRESS LIKE A CLOWN, MAYBE YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO ME AS I KNOW MORE THAN YOU.

Project ABPProject ABPProject ABP
Number1Hater is offline  
Old 03-29-2020, 09:07 PM   #807
Evoken
2014 Golden Loco
 
Evoken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: China
Posts: 10,302
Re: Project ABP

Genova 2.0
Evoken is offline  
Old 03-29-2020, 10:49 PM   #808
COCKBOAT
adept
 
COCKBOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,184
Re: Project ABP

https://gfycat.com/agedperiodicbuckeyebutterfly
COCKBOAT is offline  
Old 03-29-2020, 11:02 PM   #809
Montecore
RPElf = +EV
 
Montecore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: On my fainting couch
Posts: 81,074
Re: Project ABP

Looooool
Montecore is offline  
Old 03-30-2020, 01:01 AM   #810
ExpectedV
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ExpectedV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Rebuilding body..
Posts: 13,993
Re: Project ABP

So is there where all the yuppies take out their rage and frustration from gym withdrawals?
ExpectedV is online now  
Old 03-30-2020, 01:11 AM   #811
rickroll
oddly catty
 
rickroll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: serene, serene, puissant, puissant
Posts: 11,012
Re: Project ABP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla4Sale View Post
In all seriousness, if we're going solely for optimal, I would have started him at 10-12yo, no joke. I have a buddy who started his son that young, and he's killing it in football and t&f as a high school freshman. My concern there is burnout, but only time will tell...
interesting, i rememeber when my high school brought in a new headmaster from west point and the first thing he did was upgrade our gym to a state of the art facility - was very controversial at the time and iirc the science was still out over whether or not it was good or bad for people who's bodies were still developing to do heavy weight training

this was in the 90s, i'm assuming the attitudes have changed or is it still somewhat controversial to have a teenager (or 12 year old) start doing a lifting program?
rickroll is offline  
Old 03-30-2020, 01:34 AM   #812
rickroll
oddly catty
 
rickroll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: serene, serene, puissant, puissant
Posts: 11,012
Re: Project ABP

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKBOAT View Post
that's gold, i'm now unable to read abp posts without doing an angry pesci voiceover
rickroll is offline  
Old 03-30-2020, 03:27 AM   #813
Evoken
2014 Golden Loco
 
Evoken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: China
Posts: 10,302
Re: Project ABP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickroll View Post
interesting, i rememeber when my high school brought in a new headmaster from west point and the first thing he did was upgrade our gym to a state of the art facility - was very controversial at the time and iirc the science was still out over whether or not it was good or bad for people who's bodies were still developing to do heavy weight training

this was in the 90s, i'm assuming the attitudes have changed or is it still somewhat controversial to have a teenager (or 12 year old) start doing a lifting program?
12 too old. Gotta start em at 5. 12 is the first test+ dbol cycle.
Evoken is offline  
Old 03-30-2020, 07:06 AM   #814
Gorilla4Sale
Pooh-Bah
 
Gorilla4Sale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: throwing sticks and stones...
Posts: 5,165
Re: Project ABP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickroll View Post
interesting, i rememeber when my high school brought in a new headmaster from west point and the first thing he did was upgrade our gym to a state of the art facility - was very controversial at the time and iirc the science was still out over whether or not it was good or bad for people who's bodies were still developing to do heavy weight training

this was in the 90s, i'm assuming the attitudes have changed or is it still somewhat controversial to have a teenager (or 12 year old) start doing a lifting program?
Yea, back in the 90s and before, people believe it was harmful and would damage growth plates/epiphyseal plates. We now have plenty of science demonstrating that it's not true and it's healthy for children to resistance train.

Last edited by Gorilla4Sale; 03-30-2020 at 07:06 AM. Reason: lol Evo
Gorilla4Sale is offline  
Old 03-30-2020, 08:07 AM   #815
The Yugoslavian
STTF HUC II Winner
 
The Yugoslavian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 24,894
Re: Project ABP

G4S confirmed yuppie.

Citanul doing backflips.
The Yugoslavian is offline  
Old 03-30-2020, 09:27 PM   #816
Kelhus100
banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 2,653
Re: Project ABP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1Hater View Post
lol. another ignorant person jumping to conclusions. never did i brag or mentioned that i am strong. and if i did, I AM COMPARING MY OLD SELF TO TO THE CURRENT ME. I SIMPLY BRAG ABOUT MY BIG HEART AS I HAVE ONE. something that you don't have. YOU'RE OLD AND WEAK AND THIS FORUM ISN'T WHAT IT ONCE WAS BC YOU DON'T HAVE THE BIG HEART THAT I HAVE. i do not gaf about numbers. this is why i never tested maxes like said, but simply cared about adding more weight to the bar.
Kelhus100 is offline  
Old 03-30-2020, 10:32 PM   #817
citanul
Super Moderator
 
citanul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: borrowing lunch money
Posts: 18,865
Re: Project ABP

Yugo,

Basically, yeah.

I think I'm done with this thread, which is a bit sad.

- In terms of a workout log, it's not engaging. The # of posts since reboot where he's written anything thoughtful about his workouts, or asked for advice on his workouts is tiny.

- Aside from workouts, I have lost the thread of what it is that he's trying to accomplish with literally any aspect of his life. Which is a shame, as he's got a work ethic, he's young, and good looking. The fact that he's an idiot shouldn't actually prevent him from achieving certain levels of success.

There seems to be a lacking core, or a denial about what his core personality is at this point. What is it he wants to achieve, beyond seeing the number on the bar increase, is a mystery even to him.

I think for most people the "I want to see the number on the bar go up" correlates to other aspects of our persona, since very few of us are competitive lifters. We like seeing quantifiable results of our hard work. We like the science of the thing. Incremental moments of attainment. We like the meditative yet prescribed nature of the hobby. It's clear that N1 enjoys the routine of the thing, and it seems he also enjoys signs of accomplishment somewhere in his life.

<Removing armchair psychoanalysis>

I hope one day N1 figures out what this purpose he's on is, and can find some time to be happy. Until then, if Sbux ever reopens, I'll be sure to tip an extra buck when I see a barista in tight-calved highwater selvedge jeans, manga hair, Jordans, and a Supreme zip up that can't stop staring at women in tights.
citanul is offline  
Old 03-30-2020, 11:00 PM   #818
jmakin
DoorDash Balla
 
jmakin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Streaming
Posts: 29,807
Re: Project ABP

I dont really care about competitive lifting, dont actively participate here. Some hate that but whatever. I am a big fan of A B P.

The fascination I have with someone who is living what to me would be a personal hell, and the fact he is seemingly happy and not only that, proud of where he is in life is a big mood I want to capture in my own life somehow. By any objective measure I am a hopeless yuppie that’s doing infinitely “better” in life yet this guy seems so stoked on where he is. For that I admire him a lot, even if it is totally dysfunctional in his case.
jmakin is offline  
Old 03-30-2020, 11:18 PM   #819
CrunchyBlack
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
CrunchyBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: 8=====D~~~
Posts: 7,472
Re: Project ABP

N1-

Why not work on poker botting? You might make some actual money.

I assume Monte is the one with the cursed genetics?
CrunchyBlack is offline  
Old 03-30-2020, 11:23 PM   #820
citanul
Super Moderator
 
citanul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: borrowing lunch money
Posts: 18,865
Re: Project ABP

j,

I found the same fascination for a while but I haven't read a line that conveys happiness in more than a month. I'm all about either happiness with your life and accomplishments, or a more ~Japanese pride in the effort and perfection of the process. To me, N1 does not seem stoked. He seems angry, with every little thing, and every big thing. He's the exact opposite of content and unconcerned with those around him. But he pretty clearly wishes that people recognized his self-perceived superiority, that he could have the things he wants, etc. :shrug:
citanul is offline  
Old 03-31-2020, 12:34 AM   #821
Number1Hater
 
Number1Hater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 13,814
Re: Project ABP

Quote:
Originally Posted by citanul View Post
Yugo,

Basically, yeah.

I think I'm done with this thread, which is a bit sad.

- In terms of a workout log, it's not engaging. The # of posts since reboot where he's written anything thoughtful about his workouts, or asked for advice on his workouts is tiny.

- Aside from workouts, I have lost the thread of what it is that he's trying to accomplish with literally any aspect of his life. Which is a shame, as he's got a work ethic, he's young, and good looking. The fact that he's an idiot shouldn't actually prevent him from achieving certain levels of success.

There seems to be a lacking core, or a denial about what his core personality is at this point. What is it he wants to achieve, beyond seeing the number on the bar increase, is a mystery even to him.

I think for most people the "I want to see the number on the bar go up" correlates to other aspects of our persona, since very few of us are competitive lifters. We like seeing quantifiable results of our hard work. We like the science of the thing. Incremental moments of attainment. We like the meditative yet prescribed nature of the hobby. It's clear that N1 enjoys the routine of the thing, and it seems he also enjoys signs of accomplishment somewhere in his life.

<Removing armchair psychoanalysis>

I hope one day N1 figures out what this purpose he's on is, and can find some time to be happy. Until then, if Sbux ever reopens, I'll be sure to tip an extra buck when I see a barista in tight-calved highwater selvedge jeans, manga hair, Jordans, and a Supreme zip up that can't stop staring at women in tights.
Spoiler:


Quote:
Originally Posted by jmakin View Post
I dont really care about competitive lifting, dont actively participate here. Some hate that but whatever. I am a big fan of A B P.

The fascination I have with someone who is living what to me would be a personal hell, and the fact he is seemingly happy and not only that, proud of where he is in life is a big mood I want to capture in my own life somehow. By any objective measure I am a hopeless yuppie that’s doing infinitely “better” in life yet this guy seems so stoked on where he is. For that I admire him a lot, even if it is totally dysfunctional in his case.
LOVE IT.

stacy once was rambling about some non-sense BS about me(mostly negative). then my job came up. she say something in the lines of 'you still live at home, etc, etc, and STARBUCKS?' with an eye roll...

total disrespect. little does she know her job as a bartender is the same facking thing, and you rely on your looks and fake behavior for tips.

SUCCESS IS NOT DETERMINED BY THE JOB OR HOW MUCH MONEY YOU HAVE. IT IS WAKING UP EVERYDAY HAPPY AND DOING STUFF YOU LIKE.

THIS IS WHY I AM MORE SUCCESSFUL THAN YOU.


Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyBlack View Post
N1-

Why not work on poker botting? You might make some actual money.

I assume Monte is the one with the cursed genetics?
HA. poker is for clowns. the sites will ban you and its a waste of time trying to make a bot for some bs 50c/$1 stake so you don't get caught. then you have to deal with cashouts and yuppies complaining in the chat room that im a bot, etc, etc, BS.

nobody is cursed. thats just a silly excuse for not getting to where you want. YOU DIDN'T PUT IN THE WORK. i see people on IG with 1 leg or 1 arm deadlifting 500+ pounds with a fake leg and arm. WHAT ABOUT THEM? that is total disrespect to them.
Number1Hater is offline  
Old 03-31-2020, 12:35 AM   #822
Montecore
RPElf = +EV
 
Montecore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: On my fainting couch
Posts: 81,074
Re: Project ABP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyBlack View Post
N1-

Why not work on poker botting? You might make some actual money.

I assume Monte is the one with the cursed genetics?
Fatty says what?

THE AUDACITY TO CONFUSE ME WITH JDOCK. IGNORANT YUPPIE WITH ILL FITTING PANTS.
Montecore is offline  
Old 03-31-2020, 12:37 AM   #823
Mark Watney
centurion
 
Mark Watney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Acidalia Planitia
Posts: 178
Re: Project ABP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmakin View Post
The fascination I have with someone who is living what to me would be a personal hell, and the fact he is seemingly happy and not only that, proud of where he is in life is a big mood I want to capture in my own life somehow. By any objective measure I am a hopeless yuppie that’s doing infinitely “better” in life yet this guy seems so stoked on where he is. For that I admire him a lot, even if it is totally dysfunctional in his case.
Same here. I'm glad that I'm not the only one.

As Huey Lewis said: "it's hip to be square"
Mark Watney is offline  
Old 03-31-2020, 12:42 AM   #824
Number1Hater
 
Number1Hater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 13,814
Re: Project ABP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelhus100 View Post
LOVE IT.

this all comes from needy facking behavior. THEY LIFT MORE THAN ME SO YOU HAVE TO LISTEN TO THEM OR ELSE. THEY WANT SOME SORT OF FACKING RECOGNITION AND RESPECT FOR LIFTING MORE THAN ANYONE Project ABP

its just complete yuppie behavior. this happens all the time at my store when some idiot yuppie complains about a coffee not in stock or a brew of coffee not available at some certain time because WE ARE SUPPOSED TO STOP SERVING DARK ROAST OR LIGHT ROAST. i over-hear my hot supervisor all the time. THEY FEEL PRIVILEGED FOR SOME REASON. it comes from not being happy from their job or personal life, and THEY WANT TO FEEL ENTITLED. ITS JUST FACKING NEEDY ASS BEHAVIOR, KIND OF LIKE HOW WOMEN NEED TO BE VALIDATED. this is why you see girls take selfies not stop. HONESTLY BORDERLINE A MENTAL ILLNESS FOR THESE IDIOTS.
Number1Hater is offline  
Old 03-31-2020, 12:58 AM   #825
krunic
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: NOT YOUR BETA PROVIDER
Posts: 5,723
Re: Project ABP

Someone please get this woman into ABP's starbucks and film it.
krunic is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive