Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Health and Fitness Discussion of health and fitness

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2017, 09:47 PM   #9026
Bighurt52235
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Bighurt52235's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: All your chip are belong to me
Posts: 14,759
re: MLYLT learns to love herself and changes her life (for real this time!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
lol,

I'm glad that you clarified it's not just easy for you, it's easy af. That should make taking the free money even more of a no-brainer for you!
Incredibly inconvenient tho
Bighurt52235 is offline  
Old 09-16-2017, 10:08 PM   #9027
Land O Lakes
Pooh-Bah
 
Land O Lakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,346
re: MLYLT learns to love herself and changes her life (for real this time!)

Lol at people getting triggered. I never brought up anything about a bet. I just said it's super easy. That's because it is. When I was raw, I was eating well over 11 pounds of food on my long run days. After one summer run, I rehydrated by eating a 10 pound watermelon for lunch. So what is that, like 8 pounds? 11 pounds of broccoli is comprised of 10 pounds of water. That's one and a third gallons of water. That's probably less than MLY's daily coke habit.
Land O Lakes is offline  
Old 09-16-2017, 10:53 PM   #9028
Melkerson
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,088
re: MLYLT learns to love herself and changes her life (for real this time!)

LOL,

Do you not understand it is very uncommon for people to turn down $100 to do something that is easy af?

It understandably makes everyone doubt the veracity of your claim.
Melkerson is offline  
Old 09-16-2017, 11:07 PM   #9029
El Diablo
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
El Diablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 70,243
re: MLYLT learns to love herself and changes her life (for real this time!)

Lol,

Ok easy to easy af to super easy. Keeps getting better!

And yeah, eating broccoli is exactly like eating watermelon.
El Diablo is offline  
Old 09-17-2017, 01:36 AM   #9030
Land O Lakes
Pooh-Bah
 
Land O Lakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,346
re: MLYLT learns to love herself and changes her life (for real this time!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melkerson View Post
LOL,

Do you not understand it is very uncommon for people to turn down $100 to do something that is easy af?

It understandably makes everyone doubt the veracity of your claim.

Fair enough, but a random $100 gives me no motivation for much of anything. Going out and buying, weighing, preparing, steaming, and streaming eating 11 pounds of broccoli is def not worth $100. If a catering company prepared and delivered 11 pounds of broccoli, it would still be whatever.


Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
Lol,

Ok easy to easy af to super easy. Keeps getting better!

And yeah, eating broccoli is exactly like eating watermelon.
How about super easy af?

Watermelon def far easier, that's why it was a post-workout meal, but you're certifiably nuts if you think I couldn't eat 11 pounds of broccoli florets in a 24-hour period. This is my wheelhouse. Make it 4 or so hours, and I'd start to think.
Land O Lakes is offline  
Old 09-17-2017, 01:37 AM   #9031
rakemeplz
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
rakemeplz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: I smarter than you mother ****ers
Posts: 11,370
re: MLYLT learns to love herself and changes her life (for real this time!)

MLY I want too see two solid weeks of sub 1800 cal days!!!!!!!!

El oh el Diablo, you referring to melkerson as melk made me think you were replying to frequent OOT replier, Yak Melk. Please step up your melk game in the near future, to leave me less dazed and confused. Thanks.
rakemeplz is online now  
Old 09-17-2017, 02:36 AM   #9032
Melkerson
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,088
re: MLYLT learns to love herself and changes her life (for real this time!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melkerson View Post
So if "it's easy af", what's your price? If $100 isn't worth the inconvenience, what is?
LOL,

You mind taking this one when you have chance?
Melkerson is offline  
Old 09-17-2017, 08:28 AM   #9033
Rapini
ragging
 
Rapini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: DC
Posts: 12,237
re: MLYLT learns to love herself and changes her life (for real this time!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land O Lakes View Post
Fair enough, but a random $100 gives me no motivation for much of anything. Going out and buying, weighing, preparing, steaming, and streaming eating 11 pounds of broccoli is def not worth $100. If a catering company prepared and delivered 11 pounds of broccoli, it would still be whatever.




How about super easy af?

Watermelon def far easier, that's why it was a post-workout meal, but you're certifiably nuts if you think I couldn't eat 11 pounds of broccoli florets in a 24-hour period. This is my wheelhouse. Make it 4 or so hours, and I'd start to think.
What's your price then?
Rapini is offline  
Old 09-17-2017, 12:24 PM   #9034
Mihkel05
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 4,835
re: MLYLT learns to love herself and changes her life (for real this time!)

We all know he's a not very intelligent troll (see his comments on tuna, vegan, etc), so why bother? He isn't gonna do it for a million, since he can't.
Mihkel05 is offline  
Old 09-17-2017, 01:25 PM   #9035
MeLoveYouLongTime
Not a difficult personality
 
MeLoveYouLongTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Gallifrey
Posts: 10,273
re: MLYLT learns to love herself and changes her life (for real this time!)

Sat 9/16 log:
MeLoveYouLongTime is offline  
Old 09-17-2017, 04:26 PM   #9036
Land O Lakes
Pooh-Bah
 
Land O Lakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,346
re: MLYLT learns to love herself and changes her life (for real this time!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melkerson View Post
LOL,

You mind taking this one when you have chance?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapini View Post
What's your price then?
I don't have one. I'm not a food challenge kind of guy (though I'll watch others for lols) and don't have anything to prove. The only reason for me to do this is to illustrate how laughably easy it is. When I was raw, my calorie requirements were 3K+ a day. 75% of that came from crunchy fruits and veggies. Now I'm at 3.5K+ a day but also eat cooked vegan foods, so sometimes a pound (dry) of whole wheat pasta is on the lunch menu instead.

1700 calories of broccoli... what do you guys feel is so challenging, jaw strength? Boredom? I used to eat 8-15 apples for lunch daily for over a year. Based on eating 4 pounds of squash in 30 minutes, being stuffed to my throat in squash and then hungry 30 minutes later and ate some more, I'd say I'm about even money at 4 hours. I may consider doing it at some point but only because it's not unhealthy or overeating, but in 24 hours is like asking if MLY could eat an entire lemon cake in 24 hours.
Land O Lakes is offline  
Old 09-17-2017, 06:10 PM   #9037
Bighurt52235
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Bighurt52235's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: All your chip are belong to me
Posts: 14,759
re: MLYLT learns to love herself and changes her life (for real this time!)

I never knew of a poker player who hates free money as much as you.
Bighurt52235 is offline  
Old 09-17-2017, 07:52 PM   #9038
MeLoveYouLongTime
Not a difficult personality
 
MeLoveYouLongTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Gallifrey
Posts: 10,273
re: MLYLT learns to love herself and changes her life (for real this time!)

Weights Sun 9/17:

Bench:
1x15x45
2x10x75
1x7x75
1x4x75
1x3x95

Leg press:
1x15x90
1x15x130
1x15x180
3x10x240

Cross overs:
3x15x30

Cable curls:
3x10x30

Iso-lateral rows:
3x15x45s ea side
MeLoveYouLongTime is offline  
Old 09-17-2017, 08:19 PM   #9039
VoraciousReader
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
VoraciousReader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: collecting coins
Posts: 28,886
re: MLYLT learns to love herself and changes her life (for real this time!)

I know you struggle with the eating sometimes (food is a hell of a drug) but you really seem to bring the activity on a regular basis, which is where I don't tend to do so well.

Nice going, MLYLT.
VoraciousReader is offline  
Old 09-17-2017, 09:28 PM   #9040
Land O Lakes
Pooh-Bah
 
Land O Lakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,346
re: MLYLT learns to love herself and changes her life (for real this time!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighurt52235 View Post
I never knew of a poker player who hates free money as much as you.

Ikr. One time a total erratic fish bet into me on the river in a good FLHE game, and I picked him off with nut no pair. He had this thing where he would raise his cards above his head and slam them down on the pot with a good hand and just pitch bluffs or losers. So he raised his hand above his head, and as he was slamming them down, I just pitched my cards 1 foot in front of me, 3 feet away from the muck, expecting to see a pair and move the game along. He tabled Q6 air ball, and I reached for my cards and this donating reg pipes up insta-heated, "NO! That hand is dead! You mucked your cards! Those are dead! Dealer, those cards are DEAD!" and the dealer was looking at me like, "just say that 5 letter F-word," but instead I just turned to him and calmly said, "You're right - I released them. Ship him the pot." That was nearly a $3K pot.
Land O Lakes is offline  
Old 09-17-2017, 09:31 PM   #9041
MeLoveYouLongTime
Not a difficult personality
 
MeLoveYouLongTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Gallifrey
Posts: 10,273
re: MLYLT learns to love herself and changes her life (for real this time!)

Thanks, but I'm actually struggling to get in a routine to be at the gym 3x a week.
I did get my 3miles of walking in today though!

Depression sucks and it's hard to even take a shower or get out of bed; it will get better for you when that goes away.
MeLoveYouLongTime is offline  
Old 09-17-2017, 09:46 PM   #9042
Melkerson
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,088
re: MLYLT learns to love herself and changes her life (for real this time!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land O Lakes View Post
Ikr. One time a total erratic fish bet into me on the river in a good FLHE game, and I picked him off with nut no pair. He had this thing where he would raise his cards above his head and slam them down on the pot with a good hand and just pitch bluffs or losers. So he raised his hand above his head, and as he was slamming them down, I just pitched my cards 1 foot in front of me, 3 feet away from the muck, expecting to see a pair and move the game along. He tabled Q6 air ball, and I reached for my cards and this donating reg pipes up insta-heated, "NO! That hand is dead! You mucked your cards! Those are dead! Dealer, those cards are DEAD!" and the dealer was looking at me like, "just say that 5 letter F-word," but instead I just turned to him and calmly said, "You're right - I released them. Ship him the pot." That was nearly a $3K pot.
Congrats. You're don't cheat. Not really the same thing.
Melkerson is offline  
Old 09-17-2017, 10:04 PM   #9043
Land O Lakes
Pooh-Bah
 
Land O Lakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,346
re: MLYLT learns to love herself and changes her life (for real this time!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melkerson View Post
Congrats. You're don't cheat. Not really the same thing.
Most places, and the one this casino was at, say if the hand is easily retrievable (i.e., clearly identifiable) and the pot is right, the hand is live. Lol @ thinking that calling the floor in this spot would be cheating. Perhaps Rapini can move that to B&M so people can laugh at you in droves over there?
Land O Lakes is offline  
Old 09-17-2017, 10:07 PM   #9044
allinontheturn
'Merican Dullard
 
allinontheturn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: It's Britney Bitch
Posts: 22,300
re: MLYLT learns to love herself and changes her life (for real this time!)

Live poker is stupider than arguing about eating 11 pounds of broccoli.
allinontheturn is offline  
Old 09-17-2017, 10:16 PM   #9045
Land O Lakes
Pooh-Bah
 
Land O Lakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,346
re: MLYLT learns to love herself and changes her life (for real this time!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinontheturn View Post
Live poker is stupider than arguing about eating 11 pounds of broccoli.
Some of us don't have a choice but to play live poker.
Land O Lakes is offline  
Old 09-17-2017, 10:26 PM   #9046
Bighurt52235
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Bighurt52235's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: All your chip are belong to me
Posts: 14,759
re: MLYLT learns to love herself and changes her life (for real this time!)

Like Dwan and the Triads.
Bighurt52235 is offline  
Old 09-17-2017, 10:42 PM   #9047
El Diablo
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
El Diablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 70,243
re: MLYLT learns to love herself and changes her life (for real this time!)

Lol,

You mucked your hand. The dealer should have swept your hand into the muck as soon as you did that. You may be right that you technically could have claimed the pot based on house rules, but imo it would have been unethical. I agree with melk that it's not an applicable parallel at all.

As for not eating the broccoli because you are not a food challenge kind of guy - it's not a challenge if it's laughably easy.
El Diablo is offline  
Old 09-17-2017, 11:02 PM   #9048
Land O Lakes
Pooh-Bah
 
Land O Lakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,346
re: MLYLT learns to love herself and changes her life (for real this time!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
Lol,

You mucked your hand. The dealer should have swept your hand into the muck as soon as you did that. You may be right that you technically could have claimed the pot based on house rules, but imo it would have been unethical. I agree with melk that it's not an applicable parallel at all.
We're talking about .5 seconds from the hand being pitched to both the dealer and me reaching for the cards, so she tried. As for the parallel, the point is, I don't care about $100.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
As for not eating the broccoli because you are not a food challenge kind of guy - it's not a challenge if it's laughably easy.
If you asked me to record myself walking across the street for $100, I'd still pass and that's even more laughably easy.
Land O Lakes is offline  
Old 09-17-2017, 11:13 PM   #9049
All-inMcLovin
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
All-inMcLovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: FLOP SO HARD POPOVICH WANNA SIGN ME
Posts: 24,751
re: MLYLT learns to love herself and changes her life (for real this time!)

But do you care about Land O' Lakes products?
All-inMcLovin is offline  
Old 09-17-2017, 11:18 PM   #9050
Melkerson
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,088
re: MLYLT learns to love herself and changes her life (for real this time!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land O Lakes View Post
Most places, and the one this casino was at, say if the hand is easily retrievable (i.e., clearly identifiable) and the pot is right, the hand is live. Lol @ thinking that calling the floor in this spot would be cheating. Perhaps Rapini can move that to B&M so people can laugh at you in droves over there?
I haven't played in a while at a B&M casino, but when I did, pitching your hand forward a foot was a fold (in most cases, but not all) where I played. I don't think calling the floor is cheating. I think calling the floor and lying to the floor is cheating. My assumption was that if you called the floor and told him how it went down, he would have ruled against you. But you could have easily told him a story to get him to rule in your favor. Now I can see that's not what you meant. That was unclear.

Maybe floor would have ruled in your favor. I'll admit, I don't play enough these days to have a strong opinion.

However, none of this matters. Hopefully you can see why your anecdote is not analogous to eating 11 lbs of broccoli for $X. Is it really that difficult for you?

Last edited by Melkerson; 09-17-2017 at 11:23 PM.
Melkerson is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online