162.5x5 did 165x5 @90s
182.5x3 did 185x3 @150s
205x1+ did 205x7 (+10 lbs to max) correction **** it +20 max ainít got no time for games.. time for vintage EV with 315 bench. Goals will be hit while Monte wacking off to my aesthetics trying to peach to abp how to lift for self confidence.
- I’ve been doing a lot of legs/pull workouts some weeks been doing legs twice a week and my lower back is feeling so much better. Takes a lot less time to warm up in the morning before my lift. I do back exercises 1-2x every single day and back after my rehab I would do it 4x/day once immediately after any squat or dL movement cause it would be so tight. Happy about the progress.
- Needed to add some volume in getting used to this.
- Second set of DL took a massive break due to some newb asking me mad questions. By the sounds of it I thought Monte n citanul hired this dude to troll me. He approaches me looks about 6 feet flat with glasses and a Monte look to him kinda nerdy/long legs/long turso and awkward. Couldn’t do a pull up to save his life. Let’s call him Monte JR. He said hey man I see you have good dL form can u check out my form for Romanian deadlifts? He goes down for the first rep with huge flexsion on lower back and goes to his ankles. I’m like Jesus this dude is about to injure himself I said first off my man take off both those 45 plates and start with 25 each side that’s how u get the form down pat. Good kid that Monte JR he listened well, there is hope after all.
175x5 did 175x5 @90s
202.5x5 did 205x5 @420s
230x5 did 225x5 @120s
DL 4x4..85% @230 too easy up to 235
Pull ups 3x10
x15 x2 @60s
Kettle rows 3x8
16kg x8 x2
B.B. shrugs 3x8
225x8 x3 NEED TO STOP doing these per DPT chronic pain in upper back according to him it will never go away or heal. Incline shrugs he recommends
Prone leg curls 3x10 @125
125x10 too easy
140x10 rpe 9.99 @120s
Nice db press. FULL ROM for reals. Ain't no 70% but **** it go heavier if you feel like you can and form stays good.
Although it takes a lot more time/preparation, I find myself making more gains eating "cleaner" when it's in the beginning of the diet and calories are still high. For strength gains it's like this:
"Clean" surplus just over maintanence with some cheats 2-3x/wk>Dirty bulk>Clean maintenence>Dirty maintenence>>>>>deficit of any kind.
Give me 2 weeks Iím gonna try to do 85s try to do 2 sets of 3 reps then eventually/hopefully move to 85x4 for a few sets. By cleaner I just mean 98% adherence. 2% for randomness at night like a handful of pretzels or bull**** that is not logged.
- Akipping shiulder Press today my lower back is super tight maybe it’s from the range or way I slept or cold weather or mixture of all the above. Either way my body is talking to me I’ve learned the hard way to respect it.
152.5x5 did 155x5 @90s
175x5 did 175x5 @120s
200x5 did 205x5 @120s
Not a good day for me. Lower back way too tight to squat but i still gave it a go. Warmed up then worked up to 75%x3 or so and lost tightness once hitting parallel so racked it n walked out of gym. Didn't even do my cardio it was just too tight. Did rehab total of 5 sessions today and will continue tomorrow. I'll attempt to do legs again tomorrow if back feels okay. Def not going to overdo it, must listen to my body..
- Did my own rehab for 30 mins in the morning just so I was able to workout today. Flexibility/ crinks coming out. Need to be careful lifting heavy putting a lot of pressure on low back. But I’m good. Just a bit tight.
Seated SP 333
112.5x3 did 115x3 @120s
127.5x3 did 135x3 @120s
145x3 did 145x3 @120s
DB incline 3x10 @80
Weighted dips 3x10- done w BW
French press 3x10 @60
Prone db incline shrugs 3x10 @45
TM 2 miles @not today did rehab instead again + abs. Instead of doing so much cardio I’m gonna split it up and do some more abs for my lower back. Sucks cause I need to do cardio for cutting but I’ll find a medium. My biggest concern is lifting heavy, need to keep that going.