Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Health and Fitness Discussion of health and fitness

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 01:09 PM   #976
Micturition Man
Pooh-Bah
 
Micturition Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hater gonna hate!
Posts: 4,877
Re: **8*8*8 March version Two(2) ***88***8

This site gives various multi-site formulas: http://www.linear-software.com/online.html.
Micturition Man is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 01:35 PM   #977
Thremp
banned
 
Thremp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: I lurve bewbs
Posts: 36,452
Re: **8*8*8 March version Two(2) ***88***8

Meh. I'd focus more on just using the calipers and tracking yourself. Accuracy in the sense of repeating the test over and over without cheating is >>>> caring if some ****ing internetz formula says you have 11.49% bodyfat or 12.1%

I carry a ton of abdomen fat cause I have lots of cortisol from raging and daydreaming about shoving people into traffic. So anything that emphasizes that is gonna inflate my scurr. Note to self: Diet working great.
Thremp is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 01:52 PM   #978
TheMetetrown
veteran
 
TheMetetrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mexico
Posts: 2,287
Re: **8*8*8 March version Two(2) ***88***8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thremp View Post
Accuracy in the sense of repeating the test over and over without cheating is >>>> caring if some ****ing internetz formula says you have 11.49% bodyfat or 12.1%
Agreed. I don't trust myself to be able to do that correctly. I want to get it done now, once again when I think I'm near done bulking, and again when I think I'm done cutting. I'll pay $270 for accurate, consistent measurements.
TheMetetrown is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 01:56 PM   #979
00Snitch
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
00Snitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Brosbane
Posts: 20,865
Re: **8*8*8 March version Two(2) ***88***8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMetetrown View Post
Agreed. I don't trust myself to be able to do that correctly. I want to get it done now, once again when I think I'm near done bulking, and again when I think I'm done cutting. I'll pay $270 for accurate, consistent measurements.
What's the point? You'll be able to see if you've lost fat in the mirror and if you can't see the difference, then the calipers probably won't show much difference either.

Send me $200 and some nudes and I'll estimate for you.
00Snitch is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 01:58 PM   #980
Thremp
banned
 
Thremp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: I lurve bewbs
Posts: 36,452
Re: **8*8*8 March version Two(2) ***88***8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMetetrown View Post
Agreed. I don't trust myself to be able to do that correctly. I want to get it done now, once again when I think I'm near done bulking, and again when I think I'm done cutting. I'll pay $270 for accurate, consistent measurements.
Caliper measurements are only a tool to achieve an end desire (mirror). So to spend so much money on something so pointless... is pointless. Take a picture of yourself each morning in the same lighting and clothes... post on Monkey Island or something. It'll be better and free.
Thremp is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 02:01 PM   #981
00Snitch
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
00Snitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Brosbane
Posts: 20,865
Re: **8*8*8 March version Two(2) ***88***8

Stop killin' my action, thremp.
00Snitch is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 02:12 PM   #982
TheMetetrown
veteran
 
TheMetetrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mexico
Posts: 2,287
Re: **8*8*8 March version Two(2) ***88***8

I know the LBM I'm going to need to have a reasonable body fat % at my goal weight. I want the measurements so I know if I have the required amount of LBM before I start cutting.
TheMetetrown is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 02:22 PM   #983
potato
old hand
 
potato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 94117
Posts: 1,573
Re: **8*8*8 March version Two(2) ***88***8

OK, so $270 buys you accurate measurement. But who cares?

Are you going to get the print-out of your DEXA scan and say "Oh, sweet, it says 11%, I do look good in the mirror after all?"
potato is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 02:22 PM   #984
1C5
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: thats cra-p
Posts: 7,530
Re: **8*8*8 March version Two(2) ***88***8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cETr2...ayer_embedded#

favorite vid, want to learn to box just for the day something like this happens.

2 kind of big cocky guys.

fat "tough" guy goes, watch this...I will sucker punch this guy;s girl and he won't do anything because there are 2 of us..."

then they both get absolutely destroyed and at the end he is cowering like a little baby.

i could watch it over and over.
1C5 is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 02:26 PM   #985
Thremp
banned
 
Thremp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: I lurve bewbs
Posts: 36,452
Re: **8*8*8 March version Two(2) ***88***8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMetetrown View Post
I know the LBM I'm going to need to have a reasonable body fat % at my goal weight. I want the measurements so I know if I have the required amount of LBM before I start cutting.
Why do you have such esoteric goals? If having a certain amount of LBM at a certain BF% is an end goal... that is really weird and I guess more accurate BF measurements would be helpful. But if this is just an intermediate goal to looking a certain way, then its dumb.
Thremp is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 02:27 PM   #986
00Snitch
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
00Snitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Brosbane
Posts: 20,865
Re: **8*8*8 March version Two(2) ***88***8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1C5 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cETr2...ayer_embedded#

favorite vid, want to learn to box just for the day something like this happens.

2 kind of big cocky guys.

fat "tough" guy goes, watch this...I will sucker punch this guy;s girl and he won't do anything because there are 2 of us..."

then they both get absolutely destroyed and at the end he is cowering like a little baby.

i could watch it over and over.
Yeah, would still love to know what the outcome was though...
00Snitch is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 02:32 PM   #987
Victor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Victor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 65,794
Re: **8*8*8 March version Two(2) ***88***8

so we know zach gained a bunch of weight. rip is saying some of it is lbm, while lyle is saying a lot less of it is lbm. regardless, dude got a ton stronger. would he have gotten similarly stronger if gained less weight? like, even if he only gained lyle amounts of lbm, did he still need to gain the extra fat or whatever to get that strong?
Victor is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 03:32 PM   #988
kickpushcoast
Pooh-Bah
 
kickpushcoast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: you can find me in the A
Posts: 4,026
Re: **8*8*8 March version Two(2) ***88***8

a lot of things about that fight seem staged. i've been in situations like that where someone randomly attacked me or someone in the group i was with, and the first reaction, even in a trained fighter, is "WTF that didn't just happen?!?!" and you are dumbfounded for a couple of seconds before you can even get mad. also girl didn't seem to get nearly scared enough. pretty cool if real though.
kickpushcoast is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 03:46 PM   #989
kidcolin
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
kidcolin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: thank god for the hatchery
Posts: 108,763
Re: **8*8*8 March version Two(2) ***88***8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
so we know zach gained a bunch of weight. rip is saying some of it is lbm, while lyle is saying a lot less of it is lbm. regardless, dude got a ton stronger. would he have gotten similarly stronger if gained less weight? like, even if he only gained lyle amounts of lbm, did he still need to gain the extra fat or whatever to get that strong?
maybe it could be slightly more optimal than just GOMAD, but yes, you generally need to gain fat while you're growing LBM.

ima be fat forever with all my new fat cells..
kidcolin is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 03:48 PM   #990
potato
old hand
 
potato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 94117
Posts: 1,573
Re: **8*8*8 March version Two(2) ***88***8

It looks to me like the guy who hit the girl was just gesticulating and accidentally hit her.

But now that kpc mentions it, the guy did spaz out really quickly.
potato is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 03:48 PM   #991
Ra_Z_Boy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Ra_Z_Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Eire
Posts: 36,975
Re: **8*8*8 March version Two(2) ***88***8

Instinct imo.
Ra_Z_Boy is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 03:50 PM   #992
00Snitch
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
00Snitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Brosbane
Posts: 20,865
Re: **8*8*8 March version Two(2) ***88***8

Yah, I don't get what's with the dude that hit the chick... I mean, it's really crap way to:

a) Start a fight
b) Hurt someone
c) Rob someone

and I can't think of any other reason for hitting someone randomly in public...
00Snitch is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 04:04 PM   #993
JohnnyFondue
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
JohnnyFondue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: WIM Town
Posts: 17,793
Re: **8*8*8 March version Two(2) ***88***8

Those guys look very drunk to me. I studied that video for a long time a while ago, because I like it.

I think everything that happens is real.
JohnnyFondue is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 04:04 PM   #994
MI101
veteran
 
MI101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,770
Re: **8*8*8 March version Two(2) ***88***8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidcolin View Post
ima be fat forever with all my new fat cells..
someone needs to explain this to me. i understand it happens, but it all of a sudden means i'll insta-store more fat?
MI101 is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 04:09 PM   #995
kidcolin
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
kidcolin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: thank god for the hatchery
Posts: 108,763
Re: **8*8*8 March version Two(2) ***88***8

i dunno but i'm treating it like an incurable disease cop out to eat as much as i want
kidcolin is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 04:15 PM   #996
TheMetetrown
veteran
 
TheMetetrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mexico
Posts: 2,287
Re: **8*8*8 March version Two(2) ***88***8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thremp View Post
Why do you have such esoteric goals? If having a certain amount of LBM at a certain BF% is an end goal... that is really weird and I guess more accurate BF measurements would be helpful. But if this is just an intermediate goal to looking a certain way, then its dumb.
My end goals are pretty much to be as strong as possible without compromising soccer performance and to obviously look good. I've decided an end goal weight of no more than 180 lbs is anecdotally best for soccer and if I know I want to be in the 12% body fat range at that weight, I can figure out what my LBM should be to get there. An accurate reading helps that.

Plus I guess some cool data to look at. $270 isn't that much, whatever.
TheMetetrown is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 04:19 PM   #997
Victor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Victor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 65,794
Re: **8*8*8 March version Two(2) ***88***8

just got 3 books. the everett oly lifting book. joe friel's cyclist training bible (in rec from poster ending weakness). and weighttraining for cyclists.

the last was for mostly out of curiosity and possibly humor. first page i turn to number one mistakes made in lifting weights is skwatting too low. "it is not necessary to perform a full skwat to improve cycling performance."

hmm, rippetoe said the opposite in ppst. im not sure who to believe here.
Victor is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 05:06 PM   #998
Jay.
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Jay.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 8,447
Re: **8*8*8 March version Two(2) ***88***8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Snitch View Post
Yah, I don't get what's with the dude that hit the chick... I mean, it's really crap way to:

a) Start a fight
b) Hurt someone
c) Rob someone

and I can't think of any other reason for hitting someone randomly in public...
Pretty sure it was for a slap happy video. Which is idiots doing 'stunts' on people and filming it.
Jay. is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 05:07 PM   #999
Yeti
Abominable
 
Yeti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 23,157
Re: **8*8*8 March version Two(2) ***88***8

Quote:
Originally Posted by potato View Post
It looks to me like the guy who hit the girl was just gesticulating and accidentally hit her.
ya i agree. and i think someone just accidentally filmed the whole thing.
Yeti is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 05:08 PM   #1000
MortalWombat
Pooh-Bah
 
MortalWombat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,125
Re: **8*8*8 March version Two(2) ***88***8

OK, time to stop ****ing around. We started a biggest loser contest in my department at work. $20 a piece, about 10 people signed up. First weigh-in was today.

There's nothing like money and competition to motivate a person.
MortalWombat is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive