Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Health and Fitness Discussion of health and fitness

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2021, 05:30 PM   #526
feel wrath
The Situation
 
feel wrath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: lost on the turn
Posts: 22,980
Re: 50th year PRs

Quote:
Originally Posted by loco View Post
Looks like the 1000m is not verified. NO ROW. Sorry bro, back to the drawing board.

Is there any way to cheat on the erg? Why wouldn't that be verified? Obviously on the treadmill, you don't even have to be on it. So easily can cheat. Probably outside too, using strava plus a bike.

I know youíre not accusing me of cheating here. Because I take things like that seriously
feel wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 05:39 PM   #527
Montecore
RPElf = +EV
 
Montecore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: On my fainting couch
Posts: 79,167
Re: 50th year PRs

Quote:
Originally Posted by feel wrath View Post
I havenít even tried to be honest. I know you explained it to me a few months back, so at some point Iíll have a look...albeit I wonder if my old version will allow me to do it.
I'm assuming you know how to download an app? It's called ErgData; just get it on your phone and input your login credentials into the setup screen and you're done - you just link the app (via either Bluetooth if your PM supports it or a USB if it doesn't) every time you row and hit the "sync" button - it pushes the data the app collects to your log. The only issue is you have to have the app in the foreground or the bluetooth connection doesn't hold and it stops collecting data; less of an issue now that I'm not rowing in a gym and the TV's in front of me, but you just have to PiP any video if you want to watch something while the app is running.
Montecore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 06:18 PM   #528
feel wrath
The Situation
 
feel wrath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: lost on the turn
Posts: 22,980
Re: 50th year PRs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecore View Post
I'm assuming you know how to download an app? It's called ErgData; just get it on your phone and input your login credentials into the setup screen and you're done - you just link the app (via either Bluetooth if your PM supports it or a USB if it doesn't) every time you row and hit the "sync" button - it pushes the data the app collects to your log. The only issue is you have to have the app in the foreground or the bluetooth connection doesn't hold and it stops collecting data; less of an issue now that I'm not rowing in a gym and the TV's in front of me, but you just have to PiP any video if you want to watch something while the app is running.
mate...thank you. I very much appreciate you taking the time to do this for me. I'm going to take this seriously this time, but I am truly a dunce with this stuff so let me get all the stupid questions out of the way. (bwslim is struggling to contain his erection at me attempting to get technical)

- login credentials....my concept 2 logbook login?
- set up screen.... one on the erg or are we talking about the app?
- is it easy to see if my erg supports Bluetooth? (if not, I didn't know there was a USB slot?)
- the sync button is on my erg?
- guessing if I bluetooth my phone to the erg, that's gonna stop me bluetoothing my phone to my air pods or sound bar? (that may be a deal breaker tbh as I need music to row fast)

I think that's it. thank you again. It's very kind of you. My brain is very definitely 'words and pictures' rather than 'nuts and bolts' and all my kids know to go straight to my wife with anything technical
feel wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 02:26 AM   #529
feel wrath
The Situation
 
feel wrath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: lost on the turn
Posts: 22,980
Re: 50th year PRs

training today

Press 5x3-60kg
Bent over Row - 4x7-75kg
Deadlift 4x5 115kg
Hammer high pull 3x10-90kg
Preacher Curl 3x8-40kg superset with 3x12 Hammer Curl 10kg DB

still getting this really gnarly pain on the point of the inside of my elbow. It seems to come on when I do pull ups and then it hurts whenever I'm doing pulling further into the session. Doesn't feel muscular...it weirdly feels like a bone bruise or something. Doesn't feel like something to worry about but it's annoying
feel wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 09:41 AM   #530
Montecore
RPElf = +EV
 
Montecore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: On my fainting couch
Posts: 79,167
Re: 50th year PRs

Quote:
Originally Posted by feel wrath View Post
mate...thank you. I very much appreciate you taking the time to do this for me. I'm going to take this seriously this time, but I am truly a dunce with this stuff so let me get all the stupid questions out of the way. (bwslim is struggling to contain his erection at me attempting to get technical)



- login credentials....my concept 2 logbook login?

- set up screen.... one on the erg or are we talking about the app?

- is it easy to see if my erg supports Bluetooth? (if not, I didn't know there was a USB slot?)

- the sync button is on my erg?

- guessing if I bluetooth my phone to the erg, that's gonna stop me bluetoothing my phone to my air pods or sound bar? (that may be a deal breaker tbh as I need music to row fast)



I think that's it. thank you again. It's very kind of you. My brain is very definitely 'words and pictures' rather than 'nuts and bolts' and all my kids know to go straight to my wife with anything technical
-Correct, your Concept 2 login. Download the app, hit the gear in the lower right corner, and under the Concept 2 online logbook you can input your ID and password.

-The sync button is on the upper left in the logbook screen in the app (swipe over two times to get to it). Everything you do while your phone/app is connected to the erg collects there, and you hit the sync button to push it to your logbook.

-I think only the PM5 supports bluetooth; there's a USB jack in back of all PMs where you can hard-line in otherwise.

-My phone can handle two bluetooth connections, and I assume yours can too - hard to say for sure though. I have an Android.
Montecore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 10:38 AM   #531
lozen
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
lozen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 17,580
Re: 50th year PRs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecore View Post
-Correct, your Concept 2 login. Download the app, hit the gear in the lower right corner, and under the Concept 2 online logbook you can input your ID and password.

-The sync button is on the upper left in the logbook screen in the app (swipe over two times to get to it). Everything you do while your phone/app is connected to the erg collects there, and you hit the sync button to push it to your logbook.

-I think only the PM5 supports bluetooth; there's a USB jack in back of all PMs where you can hard-line in otherwise.

-My phone can handle two bluetooth connections, and I assume yours can too - hard to say for sure though. I have an Android.
I hate the fact that everytime I start up my rower I have to connect it.
As well I had issues with my OnePlus 8 phone so I connect with my Ipad
lozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:54 AM   #532
feel wrath
The Situation
 
feel wrath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: lost on the turn
Posts: 22,980
Re: 50th year PRs

thank you again Monte

the last thing (I think) I don't understand then is how to connect my phone or app to the erg. I haven't downloaded the app yet, so maybe I need to do that and it connect automatically, but I can't find any info on the screen on my erg about connecting/bluetooth

so..given it's quite an old erg (not sure which one tbh), maybe I'll have to USB it.

tbh, I've been thinking about buying myself a brand new erg for my birthday. I can get them for about $1800 Aus. Given I bought my current one used for 700 and I think I can sell it for at least 900, I'm thinking it might be a decent idea
feel wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:01 AM   #533
feel wrath
The Situation
 
feel wrath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: lost on the turn
Posts: 22,980
Re: 50th year PRs

Ended up doing a fun workout.

very busy day at work and haven't gotten out for a walk at all...so won't hit my 10k steps for the first time in about 6 weeks.

was planning on doing a 60 min UT2 type session but got 30 mins in and was super bored, so decided to switch things up. I made up my own workout...albeit it's such an obvious one that I'm sure it's a regular, established rowing workout somewhere

7005m in 30 mins at 2.08.4

10 rounds 1min on, 1 min off

2961m at 1.41.3/500 ave. ave s/r 30

rounds were almost identical

1.41.6
1.41.3
1.41.6
1.41.3
1.41.0
1.41.3
1.41.3
1.41.6
1.41.0
1.40.3

wasn't sure exactly how to pace it so just planned to get in between 1.41 and 1.42.0 for all 10 rounds and this was about right I'd guess.

I reckon I can go sub 1.41 next time and potentially also do this as a 20 round session. that would really increase the fitness impact I'd guess...the intervals would seem really short by the end.

was fun. I much prefer the shorter intervals
feel wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:40 AM   #534
Montecore
RPElf = +EV
 
Montecore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: On my fainting couch
Posts: 79,167
Re: 50th year PRs

Quote:
Originally Posted by feel wrath View Post
thank you again Monte

the last thing (I think) I don't understand then is how to connect my phone or app to the erg. I haven't downloaded the app yet, so maybe I need to do that and it connect automatically, but I can't find any info on the screen on my erg about connecting/bluetooth

so..given it's quite an old erg (not sure which one tbh), maybe I'll have to USB it.

tbh, I've been thinking about buying myself a brand new erg for my birthday. I can get them for about $1800 Aus. Given I bought my current one used for 700 and I think I can sell it for at least 900, I'm thinking it might be a decent idea
Unless it says PM5 on the actual bezel of the monitor, it likely doesn't have bluetooth; my menu on the PM5 has a "Connect" menu option that has HRM and bluetooth connection options, so I'd imagine even you would have noticed that by now. USB port should be on the back of the PM. They sell nice little plastic phone holders that fit over the PM, if you find the data that it produces useful to monitor during the row.

And yes, downloading the app would probably be a good start.

Looks like a good workout!
Montecore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:00 PM   #535
lozen
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
lozen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 17,580
Re: 50th year PRs

Quote:
Originally Posted by feel wrath View Post
I know youíre not accusing me of cheating here. Because I take things like that seriously

lozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:03 PM   #536
bwslim69
I'm a Diva, Bruh
 
bwslim69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: TPS reports
Posts: 23,696
Re: 50th year PRs

I love Feelers trying to do tech things that my 74 yo parents could do. Always makes my day
bwslim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:26 PM   #537
feel wrath
The Situation
 
feel wrath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: lost on the turn
Posts: 22,980
Re: 50th year PRs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozen View Post
this is great. thank you
feel wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:16 AM   #538
feel wrath
The Situation
 
feel wrath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: lost on the turn
Posts: 22,980
Re: 50th year PRs

checked my machine - I have a PM3.

also checked the button on the video Lozen shared and I can access my verification code that way form my machine, so I'll be able to log verification with my ranked workouts moving forward

now down to 11th fastest time in the world this year for my 1k (sad face)
feel wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:18 AM   #539
feel wrath
The Situation
 
feel wrath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: lost on the turn
Posts: 22,980
Re: 50th year PRs

eye wateringly busy in my business at the moment so have missed my 10k steps again today

managed 45 mins in the home gym mid afternoon

5x5 Bench - 90kg
3x9/6 DB Flye/DB Bench superset -22.5kg DB
3x7/10 Close Grip Bench/Bar Dip Superset 75kg ln barbell
feel wrath is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive