Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Deutsch powered by PokerOlymp.de

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2011, 04:29 AM   #1
PONY_FUND
enthusiast
 
PONY_FUND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 71
Best poker room near Frankfurt?

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if there are any good live games near frankfurt? I'm going to be there for a few months and would like to find a good place to play. I primarily play nl cash games 2-5 to 5-10, but I can play omaha or bigger limit games if they're offered. Any suggestions? Or is there not much around?

Thanks,
PONY_FUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:35 PM   #2
ChristopherEucken1
grinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 534
Re: Best poker room near Frankfurt?

http://www.casino-bad-homburg.de/poker-aktuell.html
ChristopherEucken1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:16 AM   #3
Furbykiller
adept
 
Furbykiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 788
Re: Best poker room near Frankfurt?

Definitely Casino Wiesbaden. 2/4 over there. Bigger Games on Mondays.

There is a private Game in Frankfurt twice a week too.
Furbykiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:46 AM   #4
RaiseOrRaise
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Hungary
Posts: 126
Re: Best poker room near Frankfurt?

Hi!

I'm gonna go around there very soon... Any updates, or new places?
RaiseOrRaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:25 AM   #5
Dr.Eldoradon
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Macau
Posts: 30
Re: Best poker room near Frankfurt?

Bad Homburg has only 5/10 EUR and usually only one room running; imo don't bother going there during the week; games on weekends can be very good and often run two tables then.
Wiesbaden is for sure the nicer casino, has more tables (Only Monday 5/10+ thou; otherwise 2/4 only) and a much better "vibe"
Spielbank Mainz also has poker games, but havent been there yet; check http://spielbank-mainz.de/ (but only in German as it seeems)
Dr.Eldoradon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:51 AM   #6
Furbykiller
adept
 
Furbykiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 788
Re: Best poker room near Frankfurt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Eldoradon View Post
Bad Homburg has only 5/10 EUR and usually only one room running; imo don't bother going there during the week; games on weekends can be very good and often run two tables then.
Wiesbaden is for sure the nicer casino, has more tables (Only Monday 5/10+ thou; otherwise 2/4 only) and a much better "vibe"
Spielbank Mainz also has poker games, but havent been there yet; check http://spielbank-mainz.de/ (but only in German as it seeems)

Underground Games are still going. These 3 Recommandations are there as well. Mainz should be ok since the renovation. Wiesbaden still the best Room with very good rake structure.
Furbykiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:55 PM   #7
MarkMcKay
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 407
Re: Best poker room near Frankfurt?

just a quick update: starting september, Mainz is going to host a daily game starting at 6pm. I actually think they might have the best rake structure in the world? Up until 50 Euro NO rake and then 2EUR capped. They also don't hassle you for tips as they do in Wiesbaden where they believe you should tip according to the pot size (lol).

If you don't want to tip big or not at all (all tips are shared amongst employees), just pretend like you are American (or don't pretend if you actually happen to be American), works really well.

On a slow weekday (tue,wed,thur) they have 2 tables, 1 2-2 and one 2-4. English at table is allowed.
MarkMcKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:31 AM   #8
Furbykiller
adept
 
Furbykiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 788
Re: Best poker room near Frankfurt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkMcKay View Post
just a quick update: starting september, Mainz is going to host a daily game starting at 6pm. I actually think they might have the best rake structure in the world? Up until 50 Euro NO rake and then 2EUR capped. They also don't hassle you for tips as they do in Wiesbaden where they believe you should tip according to the pot size (lol).

If you don't want to tip big or not at all (all tips are shared amongst employees), just pretend like you are American (or don't pretend if you actually happen to be American), works really well.

On a slow weekday (tue,wed,thur) they have 2 tables, 1 2-2 and one 2-4. English at table is allowed.
This CashGame is going on for years. Wiesbaden has the same Rake structure as well.
Furbykiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 10:36 AM   #9
CrowChuang
stranger
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 12
Re: Best poker room near Frankfurt?

It's been 3 days now since I check in Wiesbaden
Overall speaking, the action is better than Berlin (smallest game 2/4 really does help, since recreational player tend to choose the smallest game to expand their entertaining hours), additionally, their rake structure is known as lowest in Europe

Casino itself is like a museum, probably the most beautiful one I've ever seen, gotta watch Dofstoyevski's statue in the garden, besides 2.5€ entrance fee/dress code/9€ for a bottle of water inside are all standard in Central Europe, I guess

Their chips is not old/dirty like Commerce, it's just really light that almost impossible to shuffle, good thing if you try to quit those stupid habit serve nothing but hurt your wrists

They are running the game in a very unique way though, firstly, they don't have a screen for players list, they write down your name on a piece of paper so you almost have to stick around while waiting for a seat

Secondly, different from Berlin, they do not allow players to buy the botton, which means you cannot post and come in on SB by any circumstances; first hand in has to post; straddle utg has priority over Mississippi (Berlin is all reversed)

Thirdly, they have this funny absolute last aggressor rules (means even the river goes check-check, but if you bet the turn in position, you still have to show first), and if short steak 3 bet all in pre-flop and you 4-bet raise to isolate, everyone else folded, you still have to show before the short steak because you're the last one raising)

Forth, you could tell that they're seriously short of dealers, every busy night they could always find some young college student who has no idea how to read the board/sort out the side pot to deal

Fifth, they have this funny rule to only allow bigger games (5/5 or above NLHM&PLO) to run at quiet days (Monday and Wednesday only), and they do have this "must tip 1.5% of the pot to dealer" rule, and their dealer has been instructed to respond "merci" instead of "dank "

P.S: Thinking of trying their local escort service, any recommendations?
CrowChuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 05:00 PM   #10
Very Josie
tight-lipped
 
Very Josie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: 2+2, 24x7
Posts: 1,641
Re: Best poker room near Frankfurt?

Hey Madlex!
Very Josie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 03:22 PM   #11
carlosmuc
newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 23
Re: Best poker room near Frankfurt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowChuang View Post
Thirdly, they have this funny absolute last aggressor rules (means even the river goes check-check, but if you bet the turn in position, you still have to show first), and if short steak 3 bet all in pre-flop and you 4-bet raise to isolate, everyone else folded, you still have to show before the short steak because you're the last one raising)
This you still will find nearly everywhere in Europe, except Pokerstars Tournaments. Irish open in Dublin was the same, Kings is still the same (only exception Pokerstars Events)
carlosmuc is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online