Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

EDF Interesting discussion of any and all topics, including Current Events, Entertainment, Politics, Art & Literature, Career, Hobbies, Lifestyle, Travel, Sports, and Gambling. Posts are expected to be intelligent, interesting, and respectful.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2017, 05:03 AM   #701
pimmelsau
old hand
 
pimmelsau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: zŁri
Posts: 1,875
Re: The Desk Chair thread

nice
pimmelsau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 12:24 PM   #702
thabighurt35
**** you Monday
 
thabighurt35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Making Baby Haterz My Bitch
Posts: 11,485
Re: The Desk Chair thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenvis View Post
Can anyone recommend a chair for a tall guy; 6"4, 195cm.
I read somewhere the Herman miller's mostly are for people up to 180cm.
call your local HM authorized dealer and they can help you out. Some of the chairs come in extended sizes.
thabighurt35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 07:35 PM   #703
eenvis
old hand
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,244
Re: The Desk Chair thread

OK thx, I'll try. But i assume they'll even be more expensive? Any other options? Anyone have experience with the dxracer king? It says it's for up to 200cm tall
eenvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 02:33 PM   #704
Rant
old hand
 
Rant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,436
Re: The Desk Chair thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenvis View Post
Can anyone recommend a chair for a tall guy; 6"4, 195cm.
I read somewhere the Herman miller's mostly are for people up to 180cm.
I have an Aeron 'C' size because I have long legs and arms. Works well for me.
Rant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 06:19 AM   #705
Gaddy
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,903
Re: The Desk Chair thread

I bought a mid-century desk, so that put me in a bind. I love the comfort of my Knoll Generation chair, but it doesn't go with the desk. I tried some MCM style chairs and the only one I thought might be comfortable enough to be my daily chair was an Eames Time Life. Just got this one, but will be keeping my Knoll too for now. Considering this a trial run ...

Gaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 07:20 AM   #706
pKay.germany
stranger
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5
Re: The Desk Chair thread

I am looking for a new PC chair

Any suggestions?

I am tall (188cm) and trained with wide shoulders

Right now I am looking into the

DXracer King series: https://www.dxracer.com/us/en-us/pro...s/king_series/

And clutch chairz: https://usa.clutchchairz.com/product...rottle-series/

and it feels like it is the same chair?!? (from the same manufacteurer?!)

Any other good suggestions?

Kind regards
pKay.germany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 09:43 AM   #707
David1207
temp-banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 1
Re: The Desk Chair thread

I have always used chairs by DXRacer and have really great experience with them. I never had pain in my body and enjoy playing games in the free time in my office.
David1207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 12:35 PM   #708
TheTyman9
Pooh-Bah
 
TheTyman9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: gym? you betcha...
Posts: 4,549
Re: The Desk Chair thread

I'm having pain and my posture is pretty mediocre overall when sitting at my desk. I try to remain cognizant of it but catch myself leaning over a lot. I have one of those $200 Ikea Markus chairs. Thinking of getting a used Aeron Or Embody or something. Are those still generally considered the best options? I'll prob just buy one used off amazon or something. Any other good tips for how to make work space more ergonomic? If I go to a relax the back to sit in some chairs before I buy one online is there anything I should look for? I assume you can't really tell how your body will like the chair before sitting in it for a decent period of time. Thanks!

I'm like 6'1'' 200 pounds btw
TheTyman9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 04:52 PM   #709
The Apex
veteran
 
The Apex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Old but spry
Posts: 2,995
Re: The Desk Chair thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTyman9 View Post
I'm having pain and my posture is pretty mediocre overall when sitting at my desk. I try to remain cognizant of it but catch myself leaning over a lot. I have one of those $200 Ikea Markus chairs. Thinking of getting a used Aeron Or Embody or something. Are those still generally considered the best options? I'll prob just buy one used off amazon or something. Any other good tips for how to make work space more ergonomic? If I go to a relax the back to sit in some chairs before I buy one online is there anything I should look for? I assume you can't really tell how your body will like the chair before sitting in it for a decent period of time. Thanks!

I'm like 6'1'' 200 pounds btw


Check out this guys YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/bkwtang

I’ve looked at used Herman Miller before and I don’t think it’s great Bc they retain their value so much. Some other taskchair brands you can get massive discounts by buying used tho. Herman and Steelcase both do two sales a year that are like ~15% off also. That goes for retail stores that offer them as well u don’t have to buy direct.

I’ve owned two steelcase chairs(leap v2 and gesture) and been v happy with both, they just don’t look as cool as Herman Miller. Gesture with headrest seems goat and slightly less expensive than embody. Ive got ergonomic keyboard/mouse rests and recommend those as well.
The Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 05:11 PM   #710
TheTyman9
Pooh-Bah
 
TheTyman9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: gym? you betcha...
Posts: 4,549
Re: The Desk Chair thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apex View Post
Check out this guys YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/bkwtang

Iíve looked at used Herman Miller before and I donít think itís great Bc they retain their value so much. Some other taskchair brands you can get massive discounts by buying used tho. Herman and Steelcase both do two sales a year that are like ~15% off also. That goes for retail stores that offer them as well u donít have to buy direct.

Iíve owned two steelcase chairs(leap v2 and gesture) and been v happy with both, they just donít look as cool as Herman Miller. Gesture with headrest seems goat and slightly less expensive than embody. Ive got ergonomic keyboard/mouse rests and recommend those as well.
Awesome thanks. I was under the impression you could find used ones for like $800ish when they are like 1.3k new, but I haven't really looked around yet.

Steelcase Leap v2 was def one I remember reading about people liking before, prob in here. The gesture w/headrest looks really nice, will def check out that one.

In terms of keyboard/mouse stuff I currently am using a laptop/external so no keyboard, but I'm thinking about maybe picking up a desktop again not sure. I do have one of those mouse pads that has the gel in the front to keep your wrist elevated.
TheTyman9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 05:18 PM   #711
The Apex
veteran
 
The Apex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Old but spry
Posts: 2,995
Re: The Desk Chair thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTyman9 View Post
Awesome thanks. I was under the impression you could find used ones for like $800ish when they are like 1.3k new, but I haven't really looked around yet.



Steelcase Leap v2 was def one I remember reading about people liking before, prob in here. The gesture w/headrest looks really nice, will def check out that one.



In terms of keyboard/mouse stuff I currently am using a laptop/external so no keyboard, but I'm thinking about maybe picking up a desktop again not sure. I do have one of those mouse pads that has the gel in the front to keep your wrist elevated.


I would be worried about buying a used embody for $800 since they came out so long ago. You could be purchasing a really old chair. If youíre already willing to spend $800 Iíd def look at the options that are in the 1k range brand new with warranty.
The Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 05:27 PM   #712
TheTyman9
Pooh-Bah
 
TheTyman9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: gym? you betcha...
Posts: 4,549
Re: The Desk Chair thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apex View Post
I would be worried about buying a used embody for $800 since they came out so long ago. You could be purchasing a really old chair. If youíre already willing to spend $800 Iíd def look at the options that are in the 1k range brand new with warranty.
Yeah makes total sense. Seems like these chairs have 10ish year warranties and are quality so I'm sure the value is there when you are sitting so many hours per day.
TheTyman9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 01:09 AM   #713
gamboneee
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
gamboneee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: eat sleep rave repeat
Posts: 8,871
Re: The Desk Chair thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTyman9 View Post
Yeah makes total sense. Seems like these chairs have 10ish year warranties and are quality so I'm sure the value is there when you are sitting so many hours per day.
probably about 4 years ago now i bought an embody with the (rhythm?) better upholstery from a showroom for 700 while new was still 1600. i had a line on the perfect, to me, blue back, white+grey accent, silver bottom, for 650 but was sold the day before i was going to get it. i absolutely love it. i usually sit more upright so my back isnt fully touching, but the times i just lean back and sit for a while, it feels perfect.

i was gonna just get an aeron but i went to a store semi locally first, and after trying an aeron, it felt like a generic chair vs the embody. took me about 5 seconds to realize thats what i was going to end up getting.

i think all the adjustments make it a more well rounded pick for everyone over some of the cushier deeper leather chairs where some people might sink in too far or too little to be fully comfortable. my previous chair was one from walmart for like 150 and it served me fine for 2 years, then when i had one, it became my gf's chair. she hates it but loves mine.

anyway, +1 on embody for the right price.
gamboneee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 11:56 PM   #714
TheTyman9
Pooh-Bah
 
TheTyman9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: gym? you betcha...
Posts: 4,549
Re: The Desk Chair thread

Anyone have any experience with premium massage chairs? Thinking of getting

https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...YaAlccEALw_wcB

Are they worth the cost? It'd be new and black friday sale so closer to $3500
TheTyman9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 10:26 AM   #715
jamesabennett96
stranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 3
Re: The Desk Chair thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apex View Post
I would be worried about buying a used embody for $800 since they came out so long ago. You could be purchasing a really good office chair. If youíre already willing to spend $800 Iíd def look at the options that are in the 1k range brand new with warranty.
Yepp thats right
jamesabennett96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 08:14 AM   #716
Alex E
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 509
Re: The Desk Chair thread

I've been thinking gaming chairs, this is the one currently sitting in my basket.

https://www.noblechairs.co.uk/hero-series/black-edition

Not that fond of the look, it reminds me of those cheap racing seats that people used to stick in cars in the 80s (mind you all gaming chairs seem to have that look), but it has adjustable lumbar support and from what I've read should be breathable

Was going the used/reconditioned herman miller route, but this is the same price.

I wanted to go with secretlabs but they were all on preorder here.

https://secretlabchairs.co.uk/collections/all

As someone (who sold furniture) said to me once "dont buy a chair without sitting in it first" so since thats impossible, I'm going via reviews, and on the basis that its fairly adjustable.

Lumbar is the big thing for me, a lot of more expensive chairs basically give you a pillow for your lumbar, which just doesnt work for me.
Fingers crossed I guess
Alex E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 06:44 PM   #717
marky147
grinder
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Claude's Bar
Posts: 588
Re: The Desk Chair thread

The noblechairs looks very similar to the secretlab chairs.

I have had a Titan for a while, spend >12 hours a day in it, and very happy.
marky147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 02:28 PM   #718
Alex E
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 509
Re: The Desk Chair thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky147 View Post
The noblechairs looks very similar to the secretlab chairs.

I have had a Titan for a while, spend >12 hours a day in it, and very happy.
glad to hear it, secretlab was my first choice but they're preorder only, not shipping for a while
Alex E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 08:18 PM   #719
marky147
grinder
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Claude's Bar
Posts: 588
Re: The Desk Chair thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex E View Post
glad to hear it, secretlab was my first choice but they're preorder only, not shipping for a while
I seem to remember I had to preorder mine, so even without everything going on, maybe they only produce the chairs once they have met a certain number of orders.

Hope that the one you've ordered does the job.
marky147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 09:03 AM   #720
hERESY
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,809
Re: The Desk Chair thread

got a used aeron for $250, first one (aeron gang what up), and noticed it rocks left and right slightly as a result of the central, silver cylinder peice being somewhat loose within the base. searched around and can't find how to fix it. anyone got a clue?
hERESY is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online