Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
2013 Music Thread 2013 Music Thread

09-11-2013 , 02:14 PM
hi thread,

oh yeahhhhh

09-11-2013 , 02:37 PM
^^ That bauer remix is lovely

09-11-2013 , 04:54 PM
yeah im loving reflektor
09-12-2013 , 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyd
yeah im loving reflektor
Interesting that it's a double album. The people who saw them play Salsatheque in Montreal this week are so lucky. It's a 200 person room, lol.

I bought Win Butler a drink at a small Die Antwoord concert a few years back. I'm not sure what was weirder: That he was there, or that I was there. Fun show all in all though.
09-12-2013 , 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedfan691
pretty much what I anticipated when I heard James Murphy would be producing the new Arcade Fire:
Arcade Fire, Murphy and Bowie, sounds too good to be true. Not sure what I think about it yet. I will probably just wait for the album, didn't care too much for the singles from Suburbs but the album turned out amazing.
09-12-2013 , 08:37 PM
Really excited for CHVRCHES album that drops in like a week and a half. Right now I'm listening to the 1975 LP... it's good pop music.
09-12-2013 , 09:20 PM
^^ It leaked a week or 2 ago.

Didn't really like the new The Naked and Famous on first listen. Likewise the new MGMT. Both will probably grow on me.

Really liked London Grammar's debut album.
09-12-2013 , 09:47 PM
Appreciate that information, add that to the list of things I'll be doing today.
09-12-2013 , 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OppositeAttract
Really excited for CHVRCHES album that drops in like a week and a half. Right now I'm listening to the 1975 LP... it's good pop music.
the chvrches album is pretty good. i think 'night sky' is my favorite song that wasn't released before (gun, recover).
09-12-2013 , 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafiki
Interesting that it's a double album. The people who saw them play Salsatheque in Montreal this week are so lucky. It's a 200 person room, lol.

I bought Win Butler a drink at a small Die Antwoord concert a few years back. I'm not sure what was weirder: That he was there, or that I was there. Fun show all in all though.
lol thats sweet i love stories about bumping into famous people

yeah im def interested to hear this album... i have high hopes.
09-12-2013 , 11:23 PM
not a fan of the monae album at all really, i expected more.

the arctic monkeys album has a few pretty good songs
09-13-2013 , 01:19 AM
Can't believe I just found this thread today, but I'm kind of shocked at the lack of discussion on Austra's Olympia album which I'm finding to be fantastic. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaMelIUILdc
09-13-2013 , 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyd
lol thats sweet i love stories about bumping into famous people

yeah im def interested to hear this album... i have high hopes.
The guy is 6'5 and sticks out like a sore thumb, specially with the haircut he was rocking in 2010.

The bizarre part is we saw them weeks before on the street in Ottawa. They headlined a festival, we left a song early because my friend hurt her foot, and just as Arcade Fire finished, they ducked out the side of the stage into the main street before the crowd could leave the grounds. These kids (the Dube brothers) were playing there, and the whole band came and stood behind them while they played:



After that the kids sang twist and shout, and Regine and Win sang with them. The amazing part is the kids had no idea who they were. They later said they thought they were just a bunch of drunks who had run out of the festival like anyone else. Lol you did a Beatles cover with Arcade Fire! Who ever gets to do that?

this is from my phone:



this is from the news paper:




The story behind those little kids is amazing. All the money they were raising was going to cancer research, I believe their mom died of it. I just checked their site, man they're not little kids anymore. Amazing what 3 years does. http://www.brothersdube.com/

Last edited by rafiki; 09-13-2013 at 09:35 AM.
09-14-2013 , 12:52 PM




09-15-2013 , 12:03 AM
forgot how good cut copy are. love that.

I like this
https://soundcloud.com/groove-magazi...odcast-20-coma
coma, GROOVE PODCAST, 54min

Last edited by moving shapes; 09-15-2013 at 12:17 AM.
09-16-2013 , 02:38 PM
Drake's album NWTS leaked yesterday, and it's really good.
09-16-2013 , 03:29 PM
What's everyone think of the new Killers?



Don't love it yet frankly, and more importantly I'm a bit troubled by all the people trying to make dance albums. Rock n Roll was working pretty good I thought...
09-17-2013 , 09:28 AM
Has anyone heard the new Sleigh Bells yet?
09-20-2013 , 09:36 PM
09-22-2013 , 07:54 PM
Great psychadelic pop, hang on for the tempo change.

09-25-2013 , 10:24 AM
This Lorde album is really, really good
09-25-2013 , 11:32 AM
http://www.npr.org/2013/09/25/225839...-days-are-gone

HAIM makes me feel like a teenage girl in the best possible way.
09-26-2013 , 03:09 PM
CHVRCHES is really awesome imo. Like a mix of The XX and Passion Pit. The first album this year I've listened to multiple times in a couple of days.

Thought QOTSA was good and Arctic Monkeys decent although the singles they released were by far the best parts of the album (which I guess is fine as I do love those songs). Have there been any more good 'rock' releases, for lack of a better word? Most of the music I found and enjoyed that was new to me this year was years or even decades old.

Looking back over the year I think the only other stuff I will revisit will be Kurt Vile and Vampire Weekend although hopefully Arcade Fire will leap to the top of the whole list.
09-26-2013 , 08:44 PM
chvrches album is way good

not a fan of the lorde album at all
09-26-2013 , 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxygen
CHVRCHES is really awesome imo. Like a mix of The XX and Passion Pit. The first album this year I've listened to multiple times in a couple of days.

Thought QOTSA was good and Arctic Monkeys decent although the singles they released were by far the best parts of the album (which I guess is fine as I do love those songs). Have there been any more good 'rock' releases, for lack of a better word? Most of the music I found and enjoyed that was new to me this year was years or even decades old.

Looking back over the year I think the only other stuff I will revisit will be Kurt Vile and Vampire Weekend although hopefully Arcade Fire will leap to the top of the whole list.
off the top of my head MBV. you may want to check the portugal. the man album. maybe wavves or phoenix if you havent listened to them yet.

      
m