Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
2013 Music Thread 2013 Music Thread

02-26-2013 , 01:11 PM
fuuuuuuuuck this phoenix album is good

after several plays 'entertainment' is probably the worst song on the album, so kind of a weird choice for the lead single.
02-26-2013 , 01:20 PM
damn, looking forward to checking out the phoenix album.

also, ryan hemsworth mix: http://www.thefader.com/2013/02/26/f...yan-hemsworth/
02-26-2013 , 01:46 PM
And this got a video, album out March 26.

02-26-2013 , 01:48 PM
Liking that YYY song...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafiki
Anyone know much about The Dig? Song was on Suits this week, so in love with it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb64mMelp6w

Just noticed this isn't that new. Regardless crazy good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb64mMelp6w
You linked the same song twice.
02-27-2013 , 11:28 AM
The new youth lagoon... meh. And I loved the first one.
02-27-2013 , 09:14 PM
atoms for peace is ok. it's the thom yorke equivalent of easy listening. kinda jammy and nothing really weird.

death metal video with little kids is
02-28-2013 , 12:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGM9MPR6uSI&t=32m12s

can anyone identify what song starts here?
02-28-2013 , 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRustle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGM9MPR6uSI&t=32m12s

can anyone identify what song starts here?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6yDPhrQIq8
02-28-2013 , 06:13 AM
02-28-2013 , 07:11 AM
!!!!!!!

Still the best live act I've ever seen.
02-28-2013 , 09:35 AM
Yah the atoms for peace is pretty middling imo, it's not bad but not amazing either.
02-28-2013 , 01:13 PM
No Youtube out there yet, as far as I know, but if you like space rock, the upcoming new Tjutjuna is really really good.

http://soundcloud.com/firetalk/tjutjuna-mousetrap
02-28-2013 , 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRustle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGM9MPR6uSI&t=32m12s

can anyone identify what song starts here?
Shazam is my favorite app.
03-01-2013 , 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRustle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGM9MPR6uSI&t=32m12s

can anyone identify what song starts here?
Maybe warn us we're going to be subjected to Geordie Shore by clicking on that link.
03-01-2013 , 10:59 AM
Never thought I'd be posting this to a new music thread, but there's a new Jimi Hendrix album streaming at NPR.
03-01-2013 , 11:32 AM
Bastille's "Bad Blood" is a really, really, really good pop record.
03-01-2013 , 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL LDO
Bastille's "Bad Blood" is a really, really, really good pop record.
"Pompeii" is a great song. "Flaws" is pretty decent too. Title track is meh.
03-01-2013 , 12:14 PM
saw Youth Lagoon a couple nights ago in a tiny tiny venue....like maybe 100 people total there and it was good but the only standouts were the song from Year in Hibernation.

venue was so small that when he had trouble getting the volume right with the mixing board he just got off the stage (pre show) and walked right through the little crowd, drink in hand, say hello to everyone, had a chat w/the sound guy and then walked right back through the crowd. was really funny and totally not rockstar.

i enjoyed the show all in all and it made me love Year in Hibernation more...haven't given the new album enough of a chance yet but would agree with JohnnyD that it is a bit meh so far.
03-01-2013 , 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL LDO
Bastille's "Bad Blood" is a really, really, really good pop record.
Quote:
Originally Posted by private joker
"Pompeii" is a great song. "Flaws" is pretty decent too. Title track is meh.
Okay now I've heard the whole LP. It IS a really really good pop record. Addictive sound, and surprisingly not very retro for a Britpop act.
03-01-2013 , 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by private joker
"Pompeii" is a great song. "Flaws" is pretty decent too. Title track is meh.
Yeah the title track is weak, but it's really good apart from that. Laura Palmer is my favourite apart from Flaws.
03-01-2013 , 04:32 PM
Enjoying Everything Everything - Arc, on first listen through
03-01-2013 , 04:36 PM
Definitely a good album.
03-01-2013 , 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Cassady
saw Youth Lagoon a couple nights ago in a tiny tiny venue....like maybe 100 people total there and it was good but the only standouts were the song from Year in Hibernation.

venue was so small that when he had trouble getting the volume right with the mixing board he just got off the stage (pre show) and walked right through the little crowd, drink in hand, say hello to everyone, had a chat w/the sound guy and then walked right back through the crowd. was really funny and totally not rockstar.

i enjoyed the show all in all and it made me love Year in Hibernation more...haven't given the new album enough of a chance yet but would agree with JohnnyD that it is a bit meh so far.
lol thats pretty cool id love to see him live
03-01-2013 , 06:09 PM
I'm finding it really difficult to transition back into normal new music after that MBV album.
03-02-2013 , 06:29 PM
New House Of Love coming this spring? Color me Red.

http://www.digitalspy.com/music/news...ds-in-red.html

      
m