Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Micro-Small Stakes Full Ring Discussion of up to 1/2 online no-limit pot-limit Texas hold'em full ring games, situations and strategies

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2010, 05:58 PM   #26
*Split*
See my coaching listing
 
*Split*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: making videos
Posts: 9,261
Re: COTW: Configuring Our HUD Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrw View Post
I may be ignorant here, and excuse me if I am, but what are you using for your HUD? I love the look of it.
i just custom made those images...so technically it's not available anywhere, lol

i use HEM for my HUD though, and you can see my HUD in my videos
*Split* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:58 PM   #27
*Split*
See my coaching listing
 
*Split*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: making videos
Posts: 9,261
Re: COTW: Configuring Our HUD Stats

thnx for all the kind words so far guys =)
*Split* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:16 PM   #28
johnrw
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Illinois, USA
Posts: 66
Re: COTW: Configuring Our HUD Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Split* View Post
i just custom made those images...so technically it's not available anywhere, lol

i use HEM for my HUD though, and you can see my HUD in my videos
I was hoping you used HEM and there was some way to get your HUD to look like that. That would be pretty sweet. Oh well, I can always hope. I would think it wouldn't be hard for the HEM folks to add the ability to add a background image to your HUD panels.
johnrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:18 PM   #29
itiswell
grinder
 
itiswell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Mattress Kingdom
Posts: 699
Re: COTW: Configuring Our HUD Stats

Thanks you so much Split

I watched your 25nl vid and loved it so much i went out and got a hud. I've Lagged my way to 4BB/100 on my first 30k hands at nl25 while 9-12 tabling.

My question is during ur vids you said you often play 16 tables.

How in the hell are you interpreting all those stats while playing that many tables?

I've really only used the vpip and prfs when faced with tough preflop decisions such as what to do with jacks, and obviously identifying who i can most easily steal from.
itiswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:25 PM   #30
*Split*
See my coaching listing
 
*Split*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: making videos
Posts: 9,261
Re: COTW: Configuring Our HUD Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrw View Post
I was hoping you used HEM and there was some way to get your HUD to look like that. That would be pretty sweet. Oh well, I can always hope. I would think it wouldn't be hard for the HEM folks to add the ability to add a background image to your HUD panels.
I know you can change the panel's color and opacity...so you might be able to create something like it =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itiswell View Post
Thanks you so much Split

I watched your 25nl vid and loved it so much i went out and got a hud. I've Lagged my way to 4BB/100 on my first 30k hands at nl25 while 9-12 tabling.

My question is during ur vids you said you often play 16 tables.

How in the hell are you interpreting all those stats while playing that many tables?

I've really only used the vpip and prfs when faced with tough preflop decisions such as what to do with jacks, and obviously identifying who i can most easily steal from.
glad you enjoyed it =) I only LAG playing 9 tables. I used to play 16 tables regularly, but used a simpler HUD then with about 6 stats. You get used to using more information all at once the more you practice. And I've been adding stats slowly but surely on my HUD so i get as much info as possible...just be gradual
*Split* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:03 PM   #31
kmd107
old hand
 
kmd107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,250
Re: COTW: Configuring Our HUD Stats

Very helpful, thanks split!
kmd107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:42 PM   #32
PokerRon247
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
PokerRon247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Running up a mountain
Posts: 11,192
Re: COTW: Configuring Our HUD Stats

A quick tip for configuring your HUD. Most people already do this, but many don't especially those using the default HUDs that come with PT3 or HEM. It makes for a much less cluttered screen (and therefore allowing you to fit more information on) if you take out the tags for every number, and just learn what each number is. I use a simple 9x9 grid, colour coded, and I find it really simple to use. Any other stats I may want are in the pop-up.

PokerRon247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:25 AM   #33
wupwup
grinder
 
wupwup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 489
Re: COTW: Configuring Our HUD Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerRon247 View Post
A quick tip for configuring your HUD. Most people already do this, but many don't especially those using the default HUDs that come with PT3 or HEM. It makes for a much less cluttered screen (and therefore allowing you to fit more information on) if you take out the tags for every number, and just learn what each number is. I use a simple 9x9 grid, colour coded, and I find it really simple to use. Any other stats I may want are in the pop-up.

And get the "k" notation for numbers in the thousands, saves a ton of space too imo

Also, changing the font-size to whatever small thing is readable for you helps decluttering too.

And you can always make more groups instead of new lines (with PT3 at least). That way you can get fit more info while still being a little bit organised.
wupwup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:17 AM   #34
DDAWD
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,877
Re: COTW: Configuring Our HUD Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Split* View Post
polarized = tips of range. effectively, a nuts/bluff type range

a positionally aware player is usually going to flat a steal with things like JJ or KQ because they are ahead of the logical steal range they are facing, and hands that can play fairly easily. So his 3b range would look like the range in the picture, QQ+/AK/somecrap

The other guy just 3b's because he thinks his hand is strong. So he 3b's the top 4%, rather than a polarized 4%, things like JJ/KQ, etc. so his range is de-polarized (there are no "bluff" hands in this range...just "nuts" type)

same 3B%, different reasons
Ah, ok. I misunderstood what you meant by polarized. Thanks a bunch.
DDAWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:55 AM   #35
*Split*
See my coaching listing
 
*Split*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: making videos
Posts: 9,261
Re: COTW: Configuring Our HUD Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmd107 View Post
Very helpful, thanks split!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDAWD View Post
Ah, ok. I misunderstood what you meant by polarized. Thanks a bunch.
no problem guys.
*Split* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:16 AM   #36
Heimdall
centurion
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: watching paint dry, nut peddling
Posts: 194
Re: COTW: Configuring Our HUD Stats

Great post, I like Splits' analytical thinking.

The most interesting part to me is the RiverCallWin%. Why is this stat more useful than "fold to river CB" and "fold to river bet" stats?

I wonder what you consider as very low, average or high win%? My RiverCallWin% is 41%, I feel it is a little high. I guess very low % can be the 0-30% range?
Heimdall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:37 AM   #37
lancelott_
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,404
Re: COTW: Configuring Our HUD Stats

I mean, as allways. perfect, looking for some more COTWs from you Split
lancelott_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:07 AM   #38
PokerRon247
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
PokerRon247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Running up a mountain
Posts: 11,192
Re: COTW: Configuring Our HUD Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by wupwup View Post
And you can always make more groups instead of new lines (with PT3 at least). That way you can get fit more info while still being a little bit organised.
I keep meaning to spend a couple of hours on my HUD and do this. I might try and do it before the week is out and post the results back in this thread.
PokerRon247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:30 AM   #39
DreadX
journeyman
 
DreadX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: here; the center of the universe
Posts: 352
Re: COTW: Configuring Our HUD Stats

I like the general aproach you're taken, Split, towards the HUD stats. Since I'm using Kraada's Advanced Cash HUD, I learned/needed to learn a lot about HUD stats and when (not) to start to trust the info displayed. This COTW gives me a different view which will help me using/analysing Kraada's HUD better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpethybridge View Post
So if you have a small sample of flop c-bet % or fold to turn bet %, AF is the proxy you should be using to plan your post flop lines.
I like this piece of info (the rest of the post too but this little nugget was hiding in plain sight). Using a proxy when your data-set hasn't converged yet can at least give you some info. Kraada's Hud displays an "X" when you dont yet have an adequate sample-size for that stat. And some "X"-s take a lot of hands/situations before they become numbers. Using a proxy/proxies helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerRon247 View Post
Always remember:

Some information is better than no information.
But even NO information is some information!
DreadX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:35 AM   #40
rwh53
adept
 
rwh53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: LIFE is RIGGED
Posts: 753
Re: COTW: Configuring Our HUD Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpethybridge View Post
Aggression Factor: This is the third stat in the holy trinity of stats. It baffles me that many players are not using it these days. All of the other stats are more situation-specific.
Honestly, this needs repeating.

I love having as many situational stats as possible at my immediate disposal (either on HUD or thru pop-ups), but you're dead-on that these are the most influential in over-all hand planning.

Thanks for the additional info on HOW you interpret and use the data.
rwh53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:19 AM   #41
MartinK1979
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,468
Re: COTW: Configuring Our HUD Stats

hey split nice work! you wrote:

"Say it folds to us OTB, we steal with T9s, and the BB 3B's us. If he is the 15/12/35/4, then he is doing so because he understands you are stealing, and is thus restealing. If the 15/12/16/4 3B's you, it is not as likely that he is restealing. He is 3B-ing because he feels his hand is strong enough to 3B you. So his range is going to be de-polarized, and the 15/12/35/4 is going be fairly polarized more often than not. This means you can approach them both differently in respect to your 4b/flat/fold game."


thats true but because its a restealing situation you have look at villains reastealing stats here not only at the stealing stats alone...
If someone is reatseling from the blinds more than 15% his restealing range is often light and you can profitably 4 bet almost your whole ATS range...
If someone is restealing 0% and now 3 bets you from the blinds you can easy fold all your crap...

Another imoprtant point imo nobody has mention so far is looking at villains actually sessionstats, how he is running on each table rather than his overall stats about Xk hands...
Say you look at one guy with 12/9/2 and 3 bet 2% over 3k hands...now he is playing today at one specific table somethings about 20/17/4 with 3 bet 7% over 80 hands...thats almost a different player.
Or another guy who is running 18/15/5 with 6% 3 bet about 4k hands but today at one specific table he is running 7/5/1 with 0% 3 bet about 60 hands...So he is running cold obv. at this table....but you wouldnt know that if you would look only at his overall HUD stats about 4k hands.
MartinK1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:30 PM   #42
juke4
grinder
 
juke4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: !
Posts: 432
Re: COTW: Configuring Our HUD Stats

I'm not sure what benefit we get from knowing that an opponent is running card dead (or hot) over a 60 hand sample.....
juke4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:13 PM   #43
DCSemi
enthusiast
 
DCSemi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: At the tables...
Posts: 65
Re: COTW: Configuring Our HUD Stats

Nice post. Will read again.

Thanks for sharing Split, i appreciate it!
DCSemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:18 PM   #44
*Split*
See my coaching listing
 
*Split*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: making videos
Posts: 9,261
Re: COTW: Configuring Our HUD Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimdall View Post
Great post, I like Splits' analytical thinking.

The most interesting part to me is the RiverCallWin%. Why is this stat more useful than "fold to river CB" and "fold to river bet" stats?

I wonder what you consider as very low, average or high win%? My RiverCallWin% is 41%, I feel it is a little high. I guess very low % can be the 0-30% range?
thanks. I consider 30% or less to be very low in a decent sample, yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelott_ View Post
I mean, as allways. perfect, looking for some more COTWs from you Split
thank you. not sure when I will do another...but probably at some point this year. i give away too much as is =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSemi View Post
Nice post. Will read again.

Thanks for sharing Split, i appreciate it!
of course. glad you enjoyed it
*Split* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:27 PM   #45
imfromsweden
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
imfromsweden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,152
Re: COTW: Configuring Our HUD Stats

Very nice HUD and post!

But people who use PT3 could just download "Kraadas HUD" and don't go through all the work to configure their own HUD Just a tip.
imfromsweden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:58 PM   #46
Willi
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Willi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 40,244
Re: COTW: Configuring Our HUD Stats

Very helpful post.

Ty!
Willi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:47 PM   #47
1gx1
journeyman
 
1gx1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 278
Re: COTW: Configuring Our HUD Stats

Great poast. Does anyone know where to get a better popup for PT3? The default one isn't very good as it doesn't display positional data, unlike the HEM one, but I swear I've seen PT3 users with something similar...
1gx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:00 PM   #48
PokerRon247
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
PokerRon247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Running up a mountain
Posts: 11,192
Re: COTW: Configuring Our HUD Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1gx1 View Post
Great poast. Does anyone know where to get a better popup for PT3? The default one isn't very good as it doesn't display positional data, unlike the HEM one, but I swear I've seen PT3 users with something similar...
I made my own, think I had to download positional stats from the PokerTracker website to do it though. You could do that or as IFS said, Kraada from PT has made a HUD which is supposed to be really good, and I imagine you can download that from the PT website also.
PokerRon247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:13 PM   #49
imfromsweden
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
imfromsweden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,152
Re: COTW: Configuring Our HUD Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerRon247 View Post
I made my own, think I had to download positional stats from the PokerTracker website to do it though. You could do that or as IFS said, Kraada from PT has made a HUD which is supposed to be really good, and I imagine you can download that from the PT website also.
It's not good.

It's god.
imfromsweden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:19 PM   #50
dabomb75
veteran
 
dabomb75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Dreaming of being an FPP Pro
Posts: 2,343
Re: COTW: Configuring Our HUD Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfromsweden View Post
It's not good.

It's god.
Think you can post a pic of it so us HEM users can copy it to the best of our abilities (as long as that's allowed)
dabomb75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online