Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Micro-Small Stakes Full Ring Discussion of up to 1/2 online no-limit pot-limit Texas hold'em full ring games, situations and strategies

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2008, 10:34 AM   #51
DiggertheDog
Pan Troglodytes
 
DiggertheDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: cras ingens iterabimus aequor
Posts: 57,791
Re: 50NL video

Quote:
Originally Posted by kflip View Post
umpff, german mirror ...

this http://www.win-rar.com/download.html

edit: all that german means that you agree on getting buttslapped by german whores in nazi uniforms for the rest of your life ldo
which one should i download Kflip winrar3.71 graphic and command line 1178kb?
DiggertheDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:37 AM   #52
kflip
old hand
 
kflip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Subspace
Posts: 1,353
Re: 50NL video

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggertheDog View Post
which one should i download Kflip winrar3.71 graphic and command line 1178kb?
yeah, that's it
kflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:48 AM   #53
DiggertheDog
Pan Troglodytes
 
DiggertheDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: cras ingens iterabimus aequor
Posts: 57,791
Re: 50NL video

ty sir
gl in the euros
DiggertheDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:23 PM   #54
keepitreal
veteran
 
keepitreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: harbaugh city
Posts: 3,483
Re: 50NL video

like every poster should, i have a man crush on speedle so i decided to check this video out. a few questions/comments that im curious about/think people that play 50nl might benefit from:

-you didnt 3b light much/ever. on AIM u said its just not smart at this level, but considering how light you steal, is it profitable in position to pop guys with high ATS? there were not that many opportunities, but even in general, do u think this is a good or bad idea at this limit? ex: cutoff opens with a 30-35 ATS, how light will u 3b him from the button?

-u never really encountered a tough spot (which is always nice) but say, with AA on that 972hh2 board u were reraised on the flop or turn, what would u do?

-that guy to your left in the lower left table was bothering you. he only had a 40bb stack. do u ever consider getting up from the table because u cant fully stack him and he is preventing u from opening a lot of hands?

-the few times u opened for 4x you seemed to have stronger hands (AA once i recall) do u notice u try to build pots with the stronger starting hands and maybe observant players may pick up on this?

-"tin foil hats" made me lol
keepitreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:33 PM   #55
speedle
2008 uFR HU4LOLZ Champ
 
speedle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portugal
Posts: 8,943
Re: 50NL video

- Yeah it will come up but the competition I faced during this wasnt exactly tough so there was no need to light 3 bet (although against some particular players I will react)

- Not sure, will have to review the hand.

- That would be the smart play but I never (and I mean never) pay attention to seat selection so it's one of the things I have to work on. Thanks for the advice.

- Yeah of course I used it with stronger hands but I try to balance it out, like any other strategy, in case someone observant happens to pick up on that. Like, there are sessions where I only raise to 3x with premium hands and to 4x with trashy hands, stuff like that so there's no need to freak out

- Glad I could make you lol but seriously, I hate you

Maybe I should try recording a video where I don't get a premium every 10 hands
speedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:52 PM   #56
I vi ii V7
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
I vi ii V7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Aiming for 100% fold to 3b
Posts: 9,998
Re: 50NL video

43 minute mark. "Tens? Tens? One time?" lol

Such a fun video to watch. I like your style and your though process in hands. vnh
I vi ii V7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:11 PM   #57
SretiCentV
Pooh-Bah
 
SretiCentV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: In the rear with the gear
Posts: 3,697
Re: 50NL video

Thank you very much for this speedle. Your accent is actually pretty cool. This video was an eye opener for me. I play a 12/10 style and can't believe anyone could play that loose and destroy nl50 like that.

Not sure if I missed this being covered elsewhere but what's your vpip/pfr normally? Looked like at least 20/15
SretiCentV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:18 PM   #58
speedle
2008 uFR HU4LOLZ Champ
 
speedle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portugal
Posts: 8,943
Re: 50NL video

Hey Sreti,

I averaged 16/13 or so in the last month but lifetime I'd say it should be 14/12 (before I joined 2p2 it was actually 11/9, during my stay at 100nl i've loosened up extremely)

Also, I dont think I destroyed it, I ran super hot in the cards that I got and I only managed to finish positive 70 bucks or something IIRC which is not that impressive considering the amount of monsters I had.

Thanks.
speedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:46 PM   #59
PLAYOFFS
veteran
 
PLAYOFFS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indy
Posts: 3,058
Re: 50NL video

@ 10:25 you only call with AQo when a shortstack pushes ~6.5bb after a limper. Shouldn't you be 3betting there to squeeze the early limper out since playing it hu oop would be bad. Plus AQ is probably good there anyways.

I like it so far...The accent gets me all hot and bothered.

I watched it up to 20minutes and I'm gonna save the rest for later. I can't watch someone else play for too long or I'll get the fever myself. Looks good/standard. My only concern was the AQ hand so far. Also, raising light in position with 45o against a 40vpip? I don't see how this can be profitable unless they have a high %fold to cbet. (which I couldn't see well on my screen). Just my thoughts on it, which are of course weak passive (frankenstein).
PLAYOFFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:55 PM   #60
xxrod17xx
Pooh-Bah
 
xxrod17xx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Seasoning Micro Steaks
Posts: 3,763
Re: 50NL video

I hate you I been asking for you to make a vid since you got your new build and you wait for my comp to break to make one. I think I might block you on aim when I get my comp back.
xxrod17xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:21 PM   #61
speedle
2008 uFR HU4LOLZ Champ
 
speedle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portugal
Posts: 8,943
Re: 50NL video

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLAYOFFS View Post
@ 10:25 you only call with AQo when a shortstack pushes ~6.5bb after a limper. Shouldn't you be 3betting there to squeeze the early limper out since playing it hu oop would be bad. Plus AQ is probably good there anyways.

I like it so far...The accent gets me all hot and bothered.

I watched it up to 20minutes and I'm gonna save the rest for later. I can't watch someone else play for too long or I'll get the fever myself. Looks good/standard. My only concern was the AQ hand so far. Also, raising light in position with 45o against a 40vpip? I don't see how this can be profitable unless they have a high %fold to cbet. (which I couldn't see well on my screen). Just my thoughts on it, which are of course weak passive (frankenstein).
Didnt notice the limper at the time but if I had noticed, his range is pretty much face up so I can play optimally vs that even OOP I think... so I don't think its that horrible of a call.

Bolded part, which minute was that?
speedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:31 PM   #62
PLAYOFFS
veteran
 
PLAYOFFS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indy
Posts: 3,058
Re: 50NL video

it was the top right table...towards 18minutes maybe??? I don't remember and maybe i'm confusing 45 with the 56s hand, but mainly just raising against the 40vpip which is to your right. It was the time when the flop came all spades and u held one spade, and u didnt want to cbet bc his range hit that flop. that hand now i remember but im not sure what time it occurred
PLAYOFFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:08 PM   #63
speedle
2008 uFR HU4LOLZ Champ
 
speedle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portugal
Posts: 8,943
Re: 50NL video

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLAYOFFS View Post
it was the top right table...towards 18minutes maybe??? I don't remember and maybe i'm confusing 45 with the 56s hand, but mainly just raising against the 40vpip which is to your right. It was the time when the flop came all spades and u held one spade, and u didnt want to cbet bc his range hit that flop. that hand now i remember but im not sure what time it occurred
He had a 100% fold to cbet stat (small sample sure, but being a small sample also applies to his other stats so I'm operating under that assumption during that play)
speedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:44 PM   #64
pheisar
veteran
 
pheisar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: chat banned for life
Posts: 2,307
Re: 50NL video

does anyone have a nice collection of 2+2 vids at home? My internet connection totally sucks, so i would pay someone to rip it to some dvds and send it to me per air mail, 30$ + mail expenses (via pokerstars) sounds nice?
pheisar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:22 AM   #65
DiggertheDog
Pan Troglodytes
 
DiggertheDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: cras ingens iterabimus aequor
Posts: 57,791
Re: 50NL video

I can only get audio for this does that mean my graphics card is not good enough
DiggertheDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:08 AM   #66
TyCuS
enthusiast
 
TyCuS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Spain / UK
Posts: 57
Re: 50NL video

Good video

GL at 100NL
TyCuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:33 AM   #67
Paulolion
journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Portugal - Torres Vedras
Posts: 209
Re: 50NL video

Speedle, looking forward to seeing your vid. When i get home i will download it and post some coments. I've been waiting for this for a while now, since you replied in the PT forum that you would do it.....
Paulolion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:37 AM   #68
speedle
2008 uFR HU4LOLZ Champ
 
speedle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portugal
Posts: 8,943
Re: 50NL video

Oh yeah sorry, I actually remembered yesterday to link you to this but I didnt remember your sn good luck
speedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:18 AM   #69
Fidoh
journeyman
 
Fidoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belgium
Posts: 352
Re: 50NL video

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggertheDog View Post
I can only get audio for this does that mean my graphics card is not good enough


Try VLC; http://www.videolan.org/
Fidoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:50 AM   #70
Paulolion
journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Portugal - Torres Vedras
Posts: 209
Re: 50NL video

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedle View Post
Oh yeah sorry, I actually remembered yesterday to link you to this but I didnt remember your sn good luck
No problem. I've been playing mostly 6 handed in the last couple of weeks, so i just came by mistake today to the FR and bumped into your thread, glad i did lol.

I'm still trying to decide what to play (FR or 6 handed). Any toughts about this?? Why do you prefer FR for instance!?

I've been also trying to bring new concepts to my game (i would never 3bet without KK or AA for instance against no one) i would cbet less than i should and i still only steal blinds with a good/average hand (i'm starting to open up my game from CO and Button against players that fold alot in the blinds or fold to cbet alot also). Stoped calling raises with KJ, A10 and other trash hands, especially against solid villains.

What i still believe i'm laking is good hand reading, knowing the ranges of hands from looking at vpip and bets, and also figuring betting parterns. And i suck at spotting bluffs.
Paulolion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 04:29 PM   #71
speedle
2008 uFR HU4LOLZ Champ
 
speedle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portugal
Posts: 8,943
Re: 50NL video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulolion View Post
No problem. I've been playing mostly 6 handed in the last couple of weeks, so i just came by mistake today to the FR and bumped into your thread, glad i did lol.

I'm still trying to decide what to play (FR or 6 handed). Any toughts about this?? Why do you prefer FR for instance!?

I've been also trying to bring new concepts to my game (i would never 3bet without KK or AA for instance against no one) i would cbet less than i should and i still only steal blinds with a good/average hand (i'm starting to open up my game from CO and Button against players that fold alot in the blinds or fold to cbet alot also). Stoped calling raises with KJ, A10 and other trash hands, especially against solid villains.

What i still believe i'm laking is good hand reading, knowing the ranges of hands from looking at vpip and bets, and also figuring betting parterns. And i suck at spotting bluffs.
idk I just like FR more
speedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:36 PM   #72
PLAYOFFS
veteran
 
PLAYOFFS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indy
Posts: 3,058
Re: 50NL video

I enjoyed it. I think the hand reviews at the end of the video are great examples of how to review one's own game. So in all, I think it was very educational for a beginner player. Good job.

As I told you before, I think seeing a vid of advanced plays at 100nl or above would helpful for someone like me. But you don't want to give away all your secrets.

"KJ...humm" I laughed
PLAYOFFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 10:59 AM   #73
Paulolion
journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Portugal - Torres Vedras
Posts: 209
Re: 50NL video

Speedle, only yesterday i found time to check your video, i had started it but didn't finished.

Like most i find the review part the best. I also find you have a nice ability to read people hands, i started using some of your reasoning to try and guess people hands and i improved that a bit, so altought i'm playing 6-handed, i still found your video very helpfull.

Keep up the good work and good luck at the tables (like you need it lol, getting aces every so often).
Paulolion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:40 AM   #74
richbrown360
Pooh-Bah
 
richbrown360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In Thailand
Posts: 4,571
Re: 50NL video

Thanks for the vid. I found it interesting. You seem to have amazing hand reading skills.

I noticed you like to iso bet in position against limpers with a liberal range of hands. For instance, if MP1, MP2 and CO limp you would raise 66/78s on the button. Would you do this every time or do you mix in limping behind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheisar View Post
does anyone have a nice collection of 2+2 vids at home? My internet connection totally sucks, so i would pay someone to rip it to some dvds and send it to me per air mail, 30$ + mail expenses (via pokerstars) sounds nice?
Yea I do, but i really can't be bothered to mail them to you. Seems like a lot of effort.

Last edited by richbrown360; 07-05-2008 at 12:51 AM.
richbrown360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 03:14 PM   #75
Pokerov
enthusiast
 
Pokerov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 77
Re: 50NL video

Very nice vídeo!
I'm glad you had lost your prop bet, and came out with this
Pokerov is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive