- According to Liquipedia, Serral/Showtime/Special/Neeb/Has/Heromarine are all locked in for Blizzcon
- Elazer is OUT, Lambo passed him by making the Ro16 and is currently sitting in 8th
- Scarlett, uThermal both can still make it (uThermal, who hasn't played his Ro16 match yet, will pass Lambo if he makes the Ro8)
- Nerchio is in 7th but out of Montreal - with a 300-500 point lead on the nearest living players behind him, it's unlikely but possible he gets passed (Lambo's situation is much more tenuous, he basically has to advance farther than Scarlett/uThermal)
Any player still alive can still make it to Blizzcon if they win, and in addition to the above players, Time/Reynor/maybe Semper (but he's gonna lose so w/e) have enough points that they can get to Blizzcon by finishing 2nd.
i love in the beginning time finishes his bunker and snap salvages. need those structure xp points! even at the end, hes running towards the "main" (since he doesnt go there?) why not load up and boost?? but yeah has tried his best to lose
Snute retires. Makes sense - his last tournament win was 2016, a couple second places last year, no top 4 finishes this year. Sad to see him go, though.
- if uThermal (currently 8th) makes the ro4 tomorrow, he passes Nerchio for 7th and is unlikely to be passed twice (theoretically, Time over Scarlett in the finals would make them both pass him, but it would take something bizarre like that); making the finals guarantees it
- Lambo (9th) has make it farther in the tournament than uThermal in order to pass him, and then not get leapfrogged by someone like Time/Reynor winning it all (or Scarlett beating him in the ro4); he also punches his ticket by making the finals, which would pass Nerchio
- Scarlett (11th) has to at least beat Serral tomorrow. From there, two possibilities:
1. She can lose in the ro4 only if Lambo/uThermal both lose in the ro8 and Time/Reynor don't win it all
2. She makes the finals = auto-qualify for Blizzcon (and passes Nerchio)
- Time/Reynor have to win the tournament to qualify
- Nerchio (7th) stays qualified if less than two people pass him, according to the "X passes Nerchio" scenarios above
Doing this helps make these awful foreigner games more interesting. Blizzcon is a big deal, even the first players eliminated make $14k which is more than Snute made in prize money all year (excluding small online cups and stuff).
- Nerchio is in, none of Lambo/uThermal/Scarlett managed to pass him
- Lambo is now Serral's biggest fan; if the winner of Time/Reynor wins the tournament, they're in for Blizzcon and Lambo is out. Serral has to win it all for Lambo to stay in the last Blizzcon slot
Also, apparently they're unveiling some balance changes (presumably for post-Blizzcon?) before the finals. One thing I've seen announced is BCs shooting while moving, so that's dumb
I wonder if it's an improved T micro thing, in that they can now more easily deal with mutas, the whole point of which is to allow Z to get a third and the gas for defilers, either that or newer T build orders are such that they just have enough M+M out that it doesn't really matter what Z tries to do. Just start 4 pooling them I guess