I've read like 3 articles about this now, and the only thing my brain can keep hold of is "Dude gets dumped and cries about it; various groups of people I've never heard of get increasingly mad at each other about it."
i am watching the world esports championship finals and my god is this breaker guy bad
jaedong goes 9 OL then builds a drone...breaker starts freaking out about how this is a weird jaedong build then keeps saying 'extractor trick'...then when jaedong does his normal 2 drones + 1 soon after, breaker starts talking about how leenock does this build (the 10 supply OL + no extractor trick)
I had a few pretty satisfying games tonight.
- vs. plat Terran, he 2raxes in the center of Merry Go Round after talking **** in chat at the start of the game and I hold without even letting him get a bunker up (he eventually SCV pulls with lots of marines, doesn't work) - he was pretty bad though, like I had a spine finishing already at my natural when the first bunker was only halfway done, he should have been way faster
- vs. plat Protoss, he goes 4gate zealots on 2 bases (gate expand so they don't have +1, I hold it with some breathing room with just lings + queens, he leaves as I start killing his warp-in pylons
- vs. plat Terran, he goes CC first into a pretty big attack with like 6 hellbats and a bunch of marines at 9:00 or 10:00 at my third, kills it (I did my best with lings and slow banes but hellbats are pretty good), retreats after killing all my creep - I eventually come back and win, despite him later killing my 4th right as I was trying to take it. He had awful micro too, would keep marauders at the front and just ctrl+click a marine, stim, and run backwards to avoid banes. I was controlling my banes individually obv but once I got a big enough muta cloud (took awhile to build it up since I was on low econ, Leenock style), nothing was shooting at them and his marauders got REKT and it was pretty easy to run him over. Killed his 4th with mutas, he tried to take a different 4th and I killed that one before it could even land, he had no economy left and bounced (no gg obv, he mad) after his final push got crushed.
Watching the replay of the last game, he had almost a 4k mineral bank at 13:00. These guys that go for fast hellbats and cheesy **** like that, they're so busy trying to pull off their awful builds that they can't macro for ****. It's an epidemic in Platinum league. I'm glad I'll never have to worry about playing people who are good enough to do those builds and actually execute them well.
KeSPA Cup is running from Sep 11-Sep 14, 16 player single elim bracket, bo5/bo5/bo5/bo7 format. Should be SICK CITAYYYYY. Only one mirror too (which they couldn't avoid cause 9 Protosses in 16 player tournament LOL)
Classic vs. Rogue
San vs. Byul
Pigbaby vs. Zest
$o$ vs. Reality
Stardust vs. Flash
Soo vs. Super
CJ Hero vs. Sorry
Bomber vs. Rain
Some background on the one player nobody has ever heard of: Sorry is apparently a SKT1 Terran, whose entire Starcraft career is a.) one game in the 2013 Proleague, lost to Innovation b.) one appearance in Code A, where he beat Symbol but lost to Savage. Neither match was broadcasted and because of the format change going from 2013 S3 to 2014 S1, beating Symbol didn't qualify him to continue into next season's up & down groups like it previously would have. He had a not-terribly-hard path through the qualifier for this tournament - beat Alicia, some noname Terran named Nado (who got a first round walkover against Bly), Journey, and Departure. Miraculously, this group had
- Jaedong (lost to Departure)
- Impact (lost to Departure)
- Fantasy (lost to Departure)
- Center (lost to Impact)
- Dark (lost to Center)
- Leenock (lost to Journey)
- Myungsik (lost to Journey)
and all of them got eliminated by other players, keeping Sorry from having to play them. lol! Seems likely that Hero is going to str8 embarrass him.
starts in ~22 hours from the time of this post, I'm pretty sure (it's not on TL but liquipedia says 13:00 KST on the 11th, which I'm pretty sure is 9pm tomorrow in Pacific).
Just for fun, let's make predictions!
Classic > Byul
sOs > Zest
Soo > Flash
Rain > Bomber
sOs > Classic
Soo > Rain
Soo once again loses a major tournament to a Protoss, sOs laughs his way to Blizzcon and wins $100k again
(first prize in this one is $30k, not a small payday! also 1500 WCS points, for reference first place in any of the main WCS season tournaments is 2000)