Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Starcraft 2 (GAME IS NOW FREE!) Starcraft 2 (GAME IS NOW FREE!)

02-05-2014 , 09:26 PM
they look good in the 2nd pic tho

ive matured to manner scanning now tho
Starcraft 2 (GAME IS NOW FREE!) Quote
02-06-2014 , 12:46 AM
Catz just played four of the worst games I've ever seen in this Ender's Game tournament. Lost 2-0 to Huk and then 2-0 to Illusion in just embarrassingly bad fashion.
Starcraft 2 (GAME IS NOW FREE!) Quote
02-06-2014 , 06:17 AM
Heads up for Euros: Asian qualifier for IEM world championship is on, Soulkey vs Innovation is next match

http://www.twitch.tv/esltv_sc2
Starcraft 2 (GAME IS NOW FREE!) Quote
02-06-2014 , 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer
Heads up for Euros: Asian qualifier for IEM world championship is on, Soulkey vs Innovation is next match

http://www.twitch.tv/esltv_sc2
Not entirely sure why but I like these two the best as far as broadcasts. It literally puts me on life tilt when they get off on stupid tangent that they think is funny and ramble on while a bunch of stuff goes on in the game like they're shooting the **** not doing a broadcast.
Starcraft 2 (GAME IS NOW FREE!) Quote
02-06-2014 , 08:34 PM
Random factoid: when you look at the group of elite Koreans that are playing in WCS regions other than KR:

P: Hero (NA), MC (EU)
Z: Jaedong (NA), Hyun (NA)
T: Taeja (NA), Bomber (NA), Polt (NA), MMA (EU), Jjakji (EU)

The Terran group being so much better than the P/Z groups should make it a little less surprising that only 3 Terrans qualified for Code S.
Starcraft 2 (GAME IS NOW FREE!) Quote
02-07-2014 , 12:27 AM
Just built a new PC that can run this game on ultra.... This game looks so much different than when it's on lower settings.
Starcraft 2 (GAME IS NOW FREE!) Quote
02-07-2014 , 05:53 PM
Jelly. I ordered a new PC but I think it will struggle with Ultra, I was on a budget and only spent 600 on it. Should be smooth as ice at high res on my 24 inch monitor though.
Starcraft 2 (GAME IS NOW FREE!) Quote
02-07-2014 , 06:03 PM
Specs of new PC?

Also fwiw:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/48...ng-pc-1410100/

Towards the end of the thread are pics of it.
Starcraft 2 (GAME IS NOW FREE!) Quote
02-07-2014 , 06:28 PM
looks sick, how fast is it? also, why 3 monitors instead of 1 (or 2) bigger ones?

what did you struggle with that made it take 3 hours? iirc the first computer i built took about 90 minutes and way less after that.

i only used it for a bit recently cause my spare monitor was dying (gave away my beastly crt years ago), but my desktop from '09 ran ultra really well and was def not that good. prob spent ~the same when it was all said and done, but $700 the first time and kept adding stuff on. was a heavily overclocked core 2 duo and a 9800gt
Starcraft 2 (GAME IS NOW FREE!) Quote
02-07-2014 , 07:06 PM
I didn't read the thread, just looked at pictures, but I've had issues with build time in the past due to things like stuff being too big for case/mobo, cables not being long enough, etc. Stuff can go wrong.
Starcraft 2 (GAME IS NOW FREE!) Quote
02-07-2014 , 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Get It
Specs of new PC?

Also fwiw:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/48...ng-pc-1410100/

Towards the end of the thread are pics of it.
Same processor and memory as you, same 120GB SSD and bigger normal HD drive combo, but only a 1GB radeon GFX card.
Starcraft 2 (GAME IS NOW FREE!) Quote
02-07-2014 , 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamboneee
looks sick, how fast is it? also, why 3 monitors instead of 1 (or 2) bigger ones?

what did you struggle with that made it take 3 hours? iirc the first computer i built took about 90 minutes and way less after that.

i only used it for a bit recently cause my spare monitor was dying (gave away my beastly crt years ago), but my desktop from '09 ran ultra really well and was def not that good. prob spent ~the same when it was all said and done, but $700 the first time and kept adding stuff on. was a heavily overclocked core 2 duo and a 9800gt
As much as I live in the states I kinda expect to move to a pokering state or have mine accept poker at some point, tho the main reason was productivity. I alywas have a web browser open then spotify on a 2nd monitor and, now that I have a PC that can do it, twitch on the third. This can interchange with youtube/email/bovada w/e. Plus three monitors just looks ****ing redic and my non poker friends are jelly.

And the PC I replaced had a core 2 duo so that's funny. Just a bit faster now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer
I didn't read the thread, just looked at pictures, but I've had issues with build time in the past due to things like stuff being too big for case/mobo, cables not being long enough, etc. Stuff can go wrong.
As far as build times, I'm friends with an IT manager of a local company and asked his help to put it together, expecting it to take like 1hr max, get over to his house and start the build with him his buddy my GF and I.... Social stuff got in the way plus the ****(wtf this **** is f k i n, why blocked out???) CPU cooler I bought did not fit the mobo, which took us like 30 mins to figure out. That and I'm ultra nitty about knowing exactly wtf is going on so when he would do something I didn't understand I had to ask so I would know in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra_Z_Boy
Same processor and memory as you, same 120GB SSD and bigger normal HD drive combo, but only a 1GB radeon GFX card.
I was going to get an extra like 500GB HDD but I flat out don't store that much stuff on my home PC. No more HEM, spotify for music, don't take pics/vids ever so I just don't need the space right now. But dear god an SSD it worth every penny.

And I love this processor, not super spewy enthusiast i7 4xxx for $100 more but damn near the same performance given I have no need for hyperthreading. Plus you can OC up to like 4.Xghz which sounds redic to me. And the RAM looks so cool when you get it in your hand imo, they did a good job with it's style.

Also Intel/Nvidia imo. I almost went with the GTX 660 but the 760 was worth the extra ~$50 as I don't expect to get any new PC parts for like years now. And I would highly recommend this case too, great air flow, rly well built, good looking imo, quiet stock fan, V happy.

Last edited by Go Get It; 02-07-2014 at 11:37 PM.
Starcraft 2 (GAME IS NOW FREE!) Quote
02-08-2014 , 01:29 AM
3 monitors prob needed to tile 3 tables on bovada. you live in ny? thought you just couldn't open new accounts on merge at least, maybe same for wpn? but that you could play existing ones.

i have the ghetto version of your setup. a laptop on either side of my tv and hdmi if im ever bored enough for netflix/streams on my tv
Starcraft 2 (GAME IS NOW FREE!) Quote
02-08-2014 , 01:54 AM
I used to have two 20" monitors flanking a 30" in the center back when I still played the pokers. Was pretty baller. Now I never use my desktop anymore.

eta: should add that I **** on my unranked opponents so hard today, didn't lose a game except for the ZvZs I obv snapquit. I'm finally figuring out #PROTOSS. Or my opponents are bad. (most likely the latter, some of them were just god awful)

Last edited by goofyballer; 02-08-2014 at 02:03 AM.
Starcraft 2 (GAME IS NOW FREE!) Quote
02-08-2014 , 09:17 AM
congratulations to bobman on his wedding this weekend!
Starcraft 2 (GAME IS NOW FREE!) Quote
02-08-2014 , 12:39 PM
I have a 20inch and a 24 inch monitor, worth dual set up?
Starcraft 2 (GAME IS NOW FREE!) Quote
02-08-2014 , 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsball8806
congratulations to bobman on his wedding this weekend!
ayooo congrats!!!

raz, you'd know best. assuming you have deskspace and think it will serve a purpose, why not?
Starcraft 2 (GAME IS NOW FREE!) Quote
02-08-2014 , 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamboneee
3 monitors prob needed to tile 3 tables on bovada. you live in ny? thought you just couldn't open new accounts on merge at least, maybe same for wpn? but that you could play existing ones.

i have the ghetto version of your setup. a laptop on either side of my tv and hdmi if im ever bored enough for netflix/streams on my tv
True story was born in NY, no longer live there tho.

Any US player can sign up for Bovada without restriction afaik...

And as long as it works imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer
I used to have two 20" monitors flanking a 30" in the center back when I still played the pokers. Was pretty baller. Now I never use my desktop anymore.

eta: should add that I **** on my unranked opponents so hard today, didn't lose a game except for the ZvZs I obv snapquit. I'm finally figuring out #PROTOSS. Or my opponents are bad. (most likely the latter, some of them were just god awful)
The old desktop setup would require a big desk, as I am just now finding out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsball8806
congratulations to bobman on his wedding this weekend!
Wedding pics from bob plz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra_Z_Boy
I have a 20inch and a 24 inch monitor, worth dual set up?
For the life of me I would hate to go back to one monitor, two was rly nice and it's to early for me to comment on 3. I had 2 19" dells and it was great for productivity and over all work/play space.

Back when we could rly play poker online you "needed" it for playing a bunch of tables when they weren't tiled, which I personally can't stand.
Starcraft 2 (GAME IS NOW FREE!) Quote
02-08-2014 , 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamboneee
ayooo congrats!!!

raz, you'd know best. assuming you have deskspace and think it will serve a purpose, why not?
I basically use PC exclusively for games. For other internet stuff I use my phone/laptop mostly hence me asking. I just wonder has anyone been in the same boat, only use it for games but find it is awesome? I do have the desk space just about but it would be a tight squeeze.
Starcraft 2 (GAME IS NOW FREE!) Quote
02-08-2014 , 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Get It
True story was born in NY, no longer live there tho.

Any US player can sign up for Bovada without restriction afaik...

Back when we could rly play poker online you "needed" it for playing a bunch of tables when they weren't tiled, which I personally can't stand.
did you mean pokering country then? afaik only NY and washington dont let you make new accs on merge at least. but i think you said you play cash? think its pretty dry there anyway

you mean when they ARE tiled? obv you can stack/cascade tons of tables on anything.

raz, maybe not then. assuming you still need to alt tab out of the game, the 2nd monitor would just sit there a lot since you cant just drag your mouse over and use w.e on it. could watch streams while you play maybe, which would be nice, but i guess you could just put your laptop on the desk and do the same thing.
Starcraft 2 (GAME IS NOW FREE!) Quote
02-08-2014 , 05:50 PM
I have the monitor anyway so maybe I will just try it out.
Starcraft 2 (GAME IS NOW FREE!) Quote
02-08-2014 , 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamboneee
did you mean pokering country then? afaik only NY and washington dont let you make new accs on merge at least. but i think you said you play cash? think its pretty dry there anyway

you mean when they ARE tiled? obv you can stack/cascade tons of tables on anything.

raz, maybe not then. assuming you still need to alt tab out of the game, the 2nd monitor would just sit there a lot since you cant just drag your mouse over and use w.e on it. could watch streams while you play maybe, which would be nice, but i guess you could just put your laptop on the desk and do the same thing.
Hmmm, I live in KY and if say Ohio said Ipoker was good to go I'd prolly move. I hope that clarifys. And the games I play on Bovada run for what I need them to really. Stud8/O8/some limit holdem.

And I think I meant to say stacked and thought tiled was the same thing. But yeah when you have all the tables on top of one another, F that, get moar monitiorzzz.
Starcraft 2 (GAME IS NOW FREE!) Quote
02-08-2014 , 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsball8806
congratulations to bobman on his wedding this weekend!
RIP bobman

Spoiler:
congrats!
Starcraft 2 (GAME IS NOW FREE!) Quote
02-08-2014 , 08:14 PM
It's interesting to see the effect that lag/maybe game times/etc have on online matches. At the Asian qualifier for IEM Katowice (which was afternoon KR time and on KR server), I think every single foreigner who played lost their first match. Today is the American qualifier, on the AM server and starting at 6am KR time, and we've had MMA lose to Paranoid (not sure if MMA lives in EU now?) and Dear lose to Bly.
Starcraft 2 (GAME IS NOW FREE!) Quote
02-08-2014 , 08:17 PM
wat

Last edited by bsball8806; 02-08-2014 at 08:19 PM. Reason: go hyun!
Starcraft 2 (GAME IS NOW FREE!) Quote

      
m