Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Video Games Discussion of video games and the systems on which they're played

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2013, 04:24 PM   #18426
schu_22
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
schu_22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: One yard
Posts: 38,433
Re: Starcraft 2 BBV: no u

Demuslim #1 GM NA

when does he ever stop sucking in tourneys
schu_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 04:52 PM   #18427
gamboneee
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
gamboneee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: eat sleep rave repeat
Posts: 9,167
Re: Starcraft 2 BBV: no u

when ladder rank starts to mean anything

hoping that byun is back to smack him around again
gamboneee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:35 PM   #18428
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,882
Re: Starcraft 2 BBV: no u

Yeah, I think he's terribly overrated and all that means is that NA ladder rank is easy if that's what pros want to focus on.
goofyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:29 PM   #18429
Go Get It
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Doesn't have a leg to stand on.
Posts: 12,426
Re: Starcraft 2 BBV: no u

How is he overrated? Obv he's earned the GM spot, but I didn't think that anyone thought he was really any good.

Also today on his stream he said back in the good days of SC2 he was making like $80 an hour from streaming on twitch, then ad block came along. Kinda legit if that is a real number, and I can't imagine what the LoL 30K viewer people make.
Go Get It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:39 PM   #18430
Karak
ELIte
 
Karak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 62,729
Oddone, Dyrus, Voyboy all have to earn over a hundred an hour.
Karak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:34 PM   #18431
gamboneee
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
gamboneee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: eat sleep rave repeat
Posts: 9,167
Re: Starcraft 2 BBV: no u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Get It View Post
How is he overrated? Obv he's earned the GM spot, but I didn't think that anyone thought he was really any good.

Also today on his stream he said back in the good days of SC2 he was making like $80 an hour from streaming on twitch, then ad block came along. Kinda legit if that is a real number, and I can't imagine what the LoL 30K viewer people make.
when was that from? didnt think ad block was anything too new.

i would assume a lot of his viewers will wrongly assume rank 1 GM = one of the best at the game. also winning a very large % of games, as it seems. altho i think he pretty steadily loses to anyone better. watched him lose to forgg the other day, so next time they get matched up he 2 raxes him.

and byun smacks the **** out of him
gamboneee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:48 PM   #18432
templar rage
Pooh-Bah
 
templar rage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,749
Re: Starcraft 2 BBV: no u

Well, Byun is a complete piece of **** and Demuslim's not, so I'd say Demu's better.
templar rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:59 PM   #18433
gamboneee
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
gamboneee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: eat sleep rave repeat
Posts: 9,167
Re: Starcraft 2 BBV: no u

why do you say that
gamboneee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 11:48 PM   #18434
bsball8806
bff with birdman
 
bsball8806's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: do you ever feel like a plastic bag
Posts: 45,823
Re: Starcraft 2 BBV: no u

happy thanksgiving everyone
bsball8806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 12:56 AM   #18435
Karak
ELIte
 
Karak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 62,729
no u
Karak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:13 PM   #18436
Go Get It
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Doesn't have a leg to stand on.
Posts: 12,426
Re: Starcraft 2 BBV: no u

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamboneee View Post
when was that from? didnt think ad block was anything too new.

i would assume a lot of his viewers will wrongly assume rank 1 GM = one of the best at the game. also winning a very large % of games, as it seems. altho i think he pretty steadily loses to anyone better. watched him lose to forgg the other day, so next time they get matched up he 2 raxes him.

and byun smacks the **** out of him
Idk when exactly it was from, he just said that while he was streaming. I assume like sometime post beta in early SC2.
Go Get It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 02:41 PM   #18437
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,882
Re: Starcraft 2 BBV: no u

Have been on vacation since Sunday, still haven't seen past the first group of Red Bull and am totally missing IEM and DH. Nooooooooo
goofyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:47 AM   #18438
Go Get It
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Doesn't have a leg to stand on.
Posts: 12,426
Re: Starcraft 2 BBV: no u

Hope everyone had a good thanksgiving and then saw the Alabama v Auburn game.

Greatest ending ever.

My gf's father is a die hard bama fan, handled it rly well kinda expected him to have a heart attack.
Go Get It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:56 PM   #18439
Air Jamaica
adept
 
Air Jamaica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ft. Lauderdale to the MIA
Posts: 922
Re: Starcraft 2 BBV: no u

Seems like Jaedong has a 77-2 record on the ladder. I'm not sure if that even makes sense. Even if a Diamond player played 80 games in Silver, I'd expect them to lose more than two games.
Air Jamaica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:57 PM   #18440
Air Jamaica
adept
 
Air Jamaica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ft. Lauderdale to the MIA
Posts: 922
Re: Starcraft 2 BBV: no u

Maybe not Diamond and Silver but Platinum and Bronze.
Air Jamaica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:22 PM   #18441
templar rage
Pooh-Bah
 
templar rage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,749
Re: Starcraft 2 BBV: no u

Well, probably half of those games were lower league games because it was a new account. And the other half is because Jaedong is Jaedong and NA ladder is. . . . NA ladder.
templar rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:27 PM   #18442
gamboneee
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
gamboneee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: eat sleep rave repeat
Posts: 9,167
Re: Starcraft 2 BBV: no u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Jamaica View Post
Seems like Jaedong has a 77-2 record on the ladder. I'm not sure if that even makes sense. Even if a Diamond player played 80 games in Silver, I'd expect them to lose more than two games.
possible, altho probably closer than you think. and quite a bit larger disparity between plat/diamond and one of the best players in the world
gamboneee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:15 PM   #18443
Ra_Z_Boy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Ra_Z_Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Eire
Posts: 36,975
Re: Starcraft 2 BBV: no u

Quote:
Originally Posted by templar rage View Post
Well, probably half of those games were lower league games because it was a new account. And the other half is because Jaedong is Jaedong and NA ladder is. . . . NA ladder.
Iirc he was playing GM's after about 30 games. He went 32-0 after that point finally losing to Nony.
Ra_Z_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:03 PM   #18444
schu_22
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
schu_22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: One yard
Posts: 38,433
Re: Starcraft 2 BBV: no u

Yea I watched that loss to Nony that was inexplicable
schu_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:01 PM   #18445
templar rage
Pooh-Bah
 
templar rage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,749
Re: Starcraft 2 BBV: no u

It turns out Nathanias is actually a Masters Terran. I did not expect that.
templar rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:57 PM   #18446
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,882
Re: Starcraft 2 BBV: no u

Why not?

He played at MLG Anaheim and got rolled pretty hard iirc, think he may have even been diamond at the time. He's a great caster though.
goofyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 03:34 PM   #18447
Ra_Z_Boy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Ra_Z_Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Eire
Posts: 36,975
Re: Starcraft 2 BBV: no u

Quote:
Originally Posted by templar rage View Post
It turns out Nathanias is actually a Masters Terran. I did not expect that.
Did you think he would be GM? (I assume because surely you couldn't think he would be less than masters?)
Ra_Z_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #18448
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,882
Re: Starcraft 2 BBV: no u

What are everyone's thoughts on Gom's setup for next year?

They're getting rid of their streaming service and moving entirely to Twitch. VODs are going back behind a paywall - you can watch live streams in medium quality for free, for $50 you can buy a year-long ticket to watch VODs/live in high quality, for $80 you can buy a year-long ticket to watch VODs/live in source quality.

You also get a free ticket for the Hot6ix Cup this week (started last night, is also on Twitch) and I'm not encouraged by the results so far. The VODs on Twitch are listed kinda out of order, and in the process of trying to find the games chronologically (obv you want to start with match 1 set 1) you'll be spoiled as to how many games are in each match. If there are 3 VODs for a series (they're all bo5), whoops, you know it's a 3-0. If there are 5 and someone goes up 2-0, you know who's winning the next two games. Just an awful, awful regression after gomtv.net did so well at not having spoilers with their setup over there.

I sent gom support an e-mail, hoping lots of others will do the same so they can get their asses in gear and fix it.
goofyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:04 PM   #18449
Ra_Z_Boy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Ra_Z_Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Eire
Posts: 36,975
Re: Starcraft 2 BBV: no u

Not particularly pleased, I really liked GOMTV. Never lagged and perfect for watching later spoiler free. Twitch is unreliable and generally a bit ****ty.
Ra_Z_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:27 PM   #18450
bobman0330
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bobman0330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 24,272
Re: Starcraft 2 BBV: no u

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer View Post
What are everyone's thoughts on Gom's setup for next year?

They're getting rid of their streaming service and moving entirely to Twitch. VODs are going back behind a paywall - you can watch live streams in medium quality for free, for $50 you can buy a year-long ticket to watch VODs/live in high quality, for $80 you can buy a year-long ticket to watch VODs/live in source quality.

You also get a free ticket for the Hot6ix Cup this week (started last night, is also on Twitch) and I'm not encouraged by the results so far. The VODs on Twitch are listed kinda out of order, and in the process of trying to find the games chronologically (obv you want to start with match 1 set 1) you'll be spoiled as to how many games are in each match. If there are 3 VODs for a series (they're all bo5), whoops, you know it's a 3-0. If there are 5 and someone goes up 2-0, you know who's winning the next two games. Just an awful, awful regression after gomtv.net did so well at not having spoilers with their setup over there.

I sent gom support an e-mail, hoping lots of others will do the same so they can get their asses in gear and fix it.
This is horrifying. What the hell are they thinking?
bobman0330 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive