Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Video Games Discussion of video games and the systems on which they're played

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2011, 12:13 PM   #76
bitmonk
adept
 
bitmonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: fairytale castle
Posts: 865
Re: Counter Strike: Global Offensive

...damn, i hope this game will rock!

i have to admit, i am still playing 1.6 almost daily

Just watched your vids, could you tell us some more about the
gameplay? Does the aiming/movement/controlls still feel 1.6ish?
bitmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:38 PM   #77
mavs
old hand
 
mavs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: @Maveriks777
Posts: 1,780
Re: Counter Strike: Global Offensive

The only thing I like is how they changed the map. Everything else seems unnecessary and annoying. I mean they have some shoes to fill and I love Valve, but they just cant afford to mess it up like that, fans will go grazy.
mavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:43 PM   #78
Inso0
Pooh-Bah
 
Inso0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 5,882
Re: Counter Strike: Global Offensive

ugh, AWP.

Such a stupid gun.
Inso0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:05 PM   #79
solsek
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
solsek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,003
Re: Counter Strike: Global Offensive

At the moment the controls are more similar to 1.6 than to source, but the overall feel of the game isn't really counter-strike. Whenever I shoot, I have no idea where the bullets are going. Even shooting the AWP, I am not 100% sure where the bullet will land. I am not sure if this is because I need to get used to new spray patterns or if "patterns" have been removed all together.As you have probably noticed, the scope is a lot different in this game. It blurs and moves when you move (a la CoD). I will get tons of play time with the M4 and AK to see if they are very underpowered right now compared to the awp...so stay tuned for that.

Movement is probably the main contributor as to why it doesn't feel like a CS game right now. The movement is very inaccurate. I think I mentioned it in one of my videos but moving in this game is similar to skating on ice. If I tape the strafe left or right button (A or D) I will move 5 feet in that direction instead of just 1 foot. It makes for precise peeking very difficult.

I hope that answered a few of your gameplay questions...if there are specific ones you would like me to address I will try my best to answer! Also, let me know if any videos you would like me to make (for example, AK spray pattern, M4 spray pattern, dust2 walkthrough etc...).
solsek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:25 PM   #80
ItalianFX
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 4/17/2012
Posts: 16,163
Re: Counter Strike: Global Offensive

Edited out, will PM.

I like the videos though. I watched your Gun Game videos too. Those were fun. I can really tell there is some kind of passion there.

Last edited by ItalianFX; 12-01-2011 at 03:35 PM.
ItalianFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:19 PM   #81
solsek
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
solsek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,003
Re: Counter Strike: Global Offensive



Just FYI, I am not talking to other players when you here me talking in these videos. You will see an icon on the bottom left screen with a microphone and my name if you see me talking (as well as whoever else is talking). I'm doing a dust2 walkthrough video right now as well as some gun recoil videos.
solsek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:14 PM   #82
bitmonk
adept
 
bitmonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: fairytale castle
Posts: 865
Re: Counter Strike: Global Offensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by solsek View Post
At the moment the controls are more similar to 1.6 than to source, but the overall feel of the game isn't really counter-strike. Whenever I shoot, I have no idea where the bullets are going. Even shooting the AWP, I am not 100% sure where the bullet will land. I am not sure if this is because I need to get used to new spray patterns or if "patterns" have been removed all together.As you have probably noticed, the scope is a lot different in this game. It blurs and moves when you move (a la CoD). I will get tons of play time with the M4 and AK to see if they are very underpowered right now compared to the awp...so stay tuned for that.

Movement is probably the main contributor as to why it doesn't feel like a CS game right now. The movement is very inaccurate. I think I mentioned it in one of my videos but moving in this game is similar to skating on ice. If I tape the strafe left or right button (A or D) I will move 5 feet in that direction instead of just 1 foot. It makes for precise peeking very difficult.

I hope that answered a few of your gameplay questions...if there are specific ones you would like me to address I will try my best to answer! Also, let me know if any videos you would like me to make (for example, AK spray pattern, M4 spray pattern, dust2 walkthrough etc...).
...uuugh, the direct handling was allways the thing that made CS so special imo.
Many say these shaky movements a la COD or BF3 are more realistic, but i just dont like it. I really hope they are not planing on producing another COD clone, allready seen enogh of that.

Anyway thanx for your vids and infos, looking forward to watch some AK/M4 action....
bitmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:18 PM   #83
ItalianFX
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 4/17/2012
Posts: 16,163
Re: Counter Strike: Global Offensive

It's not a big deal, but their graphics(?) for holding flashbangs and grenades are wrong.

They have it showing the spoon in the webbing of the guy's hand - between the thumb and finger.

Ideally you want to be holding the spoon down with the pad of your thumb so that you keep constant pressure on it.

If you pull the pin and don't have the spoon secured down, there is a possibility that it will pop and arm the charge, which will be a very bad day for you.

Just a FYI. haha
ItalianFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:20 PM   #84
solsek
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
solsek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,003
Re: Counter Strike: Global Offensive

ItalianFX, yeah I noticed that too LOL. I'm sure that **** will be fixed in the later stages of the beta. I'm uploading M4, AK47 recoil videos as well as a dust2 map walkthrough (it's the OTHER map that was included in the beta, which nobody can really play unless they coordinate it with other people).
solsek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:21 PM   #85
YouR_DooM
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
YouR_DooM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: facepalming my way into history
Posts: 7,731
Re: Counter Strike: Global Offensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitmonk View Post
...uuugh, the direct handling was allways the thing that made CS so special imo.
Many say these shaky movements a la COD or BF3 are more realistic, but i just dont like it. I really hope they are not planing on producing another COD clone, allready seen enogh of that.

Anyway thanx for your vids and infos, looking forward to watch some AK/M4 action....
No idea why people use COD as a bad example, that game had tight movement ( no idea about MW3 tho ). You never have the feeling of floating around. That's one of the reasons the franchise became so popular.
YouR_DooM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:56 PM   #86
metski
Pooh-Bah
 
metski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 4,591
Re: Counter Strike: Global Offensive

can someone tell me if the physics like game feel is same as 1.3 1.6 or is it like source?

i was machine at pre source >< was sponsored by bunch of companies and was flown around aus to play it competitively

team played vs SK, 3D ><

but source felt weird so i never played it ><
metski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:39 PM   #87
marto
centurion
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 132
Re: Counter Strike: Global Offensive

source was dire....

normal cs will always be the best team based fps imo - shame valve had to ruin the sequels
marto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:49 PM   #88
animal_chin
the friendly drunk
 
animal_chin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Melted Popsicle
Posts: 7,961
Re: Counter Strike: Global Offensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by metski View Post
can someone tell me if the physics like game feel is same as 1.3 1.6 or is it like source?

i was machine at pre source >< was sponsored by bunch of companies and was flown around aus to play it competitively

team played vs SK, 3D ><

but source felt weird so i never played it ><
I thought CSGO was supposed to be sort of a cross between CSS and 1.6. They changed the gun spray patterns in CSS like a month ago to supposedly be the same as the ones in CSGO.
animal_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:12 PM   #89
solsek
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
solsek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,003
Re: Counter Strike: Global Offensive

Uploaded the AK and M4 recoil/spread videos as well as a dust2 revamped walkthrough. Recoil is completely different...and dust2 has quite a few changes in it as well.
solsek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:16 PM   #90
animal_chin
the friendly drunk
 
animal_chin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Melted Popsicle
Posts: 7,961
Re: Counter Strike: Global Offensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by solsek View Post
Uploaded the AK and M4 recoil/spread videos Recoil is completely different
Completely different than the newly patched CSS or different than CS 1.6?
animal_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:27 PM   #91
solsek
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
solsek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,003
Re: Counter Strike: Global Offensive

How recent was the new CSS patch? I played ~1-2 weeks ago and it is way different from source. Nothing at all like 1.6 either.

With CS games you expect lots of upward recoil with the gun. That holds true for CS:GO, but it also adds a left to right spread as well. And that spread is very large the further you get away from your target.
solsek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:42 PM   #92
animal_chin
the friendly drunk
 
animal_chin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Melted Popsicle
Posts: 7,961
Re: Counter Strike: Global Offensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by solsek View Post
How recent was the new CSS patch? I played ~1-2 weeks ago and it is way different from source. Nothing at all like 1.6 either.
The patch came out for Source about a month ago. I was told that it was supposed to make the recoil like it would be in CSGO to help better transition people from Source to CSGO. My sources for information could very likely have been wrong though.
animal_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:45 PM   #93
solsek
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
solsek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,003
Re: Counter Strike: Global Offensive

Very different recoil patterns. If you would like to see it check out my YT channel: http://www.youtube.com/solsek7

I made an M4 and AK video series. You'll see what I'm trying to say haha
solsek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:19 AM   #94
animal_chin
the friendly drunk
 
animal_chin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Melted Popsicle
Posts: 7,961
Re: Counter Strike: Global Offensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by solsek View Post
Very different recoil patterns. If you would like to see it check out my YT channel: http://www.youtube.com/solsek7

I made an M4 and AK video series. You'll see what I'm trying to say haha
Cool vids. Def much different than Source. The M4 and AK almost seem to have the exact same recoil, which to me is the weirdest thing ever.
animal_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:53 AM   #95
bitmonk
adept
 
bitmonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: fairytale castle
Posts: 865
Re: Counter Strike: Global Offensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouR_DooM View Post
No idea why people use COD as a bad example, that game had tight movement ( no idea about MW3 tho ). You never have the feeling of floating around. That's one of the reasons the franchise became so popular.
...i just used COD as a synonym for modern shooters wich focus on realism.
Overall i feel like they give me not that direct feedback like CS does.
Also all weapons feel pretty much the same.... could be biased, but:

CS>>>>>COD/MW>>>>>>BF3
bitmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:54 PM   #96
solsek
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
solsek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,003
Re: Counter Strike: Global Offensive

Just uploaded a deagle testing video and I am currently in the process of uploading an AWP testing video. I will probably make the P2000 (new USP), glock, scout and UMP videos this weekend.
solsek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 01:52 AM   #97
ItalianFX
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 4/17/2012
Posts: 16,163
Re: Counter Strike: Global Offensive

What are the advantages to using a molotov over a grenade or flashbang? What are the purposes behind them? I see people buy them, then spam them, and then don't have anything left for later in the round.

Is it to quickly block off any access points early in the match and make them funnel somewhere else?
ItalianFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 02:53 AM   #98
coolnout
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
coolnout's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: EVERYDAY I'M PONYIN'
Posts: 11,864
Re: Counter Strike: Global Offensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianFX View Post
What are the advantages to using a molotov over a grenade or flashbang? What are the purposes behind them? I see people buy them, then spam them, and then don't have anything left for later in the round.

Is it to quickly block off any access points early in the match and make them funnel somewhere else?
Flashbangs blind you. Tho you can turn to avoid them if you react quickly enough. They're useful for pushing areas that are being camped, making rushes or even helpful in stopping rushes.

HE Grenades just do damage. If you know where someone is and they're low on health which happens alot. They might be camped around the corner waiting for you and you can throw a nade and finish them off.

Molotovs which are totally new in CS:GO seem to block areas with flames for a very short time.

You can't really spam them as you usually get 1 nade, 1 flashbang a round. tho if someone dies with them you can pick them up.

I can't believe you haven't played CS before.
coolnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 02:57 AM   #99
ItalianFX
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 4/17/2012
Posts: 16,163
Re: Counter Strike: Global Offensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolnout View Post
I can't believe you haven't played CS before.
Ha, yeah I never really got into these super competitive games until, maybe Starcraft 2? So anything before that I have no experience with.

Just started playing DOTA 2. Have limited experience with LoL and HoN.
Never played CS, so CS:GO open beta will be my first opportunity.
Never played Quake or Unreal Tournament, if that is even close.

I like playing new and competitive games, but I like taking steps forward rather than going back and playing old games.
ItalianFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 01:49 PM   #100
solsek
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
solsek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,003
Re: Counter Strike: Global Offensive

@ItalianFX

Molotov can probably be used for several different purposes. Like you said, it can be used to block a rush at the beginning of a round. They can be used to block off certain entry ways at any point in the middle of a round (this is more useful than it sounds). They can be thrown on the bomb so in case a CT is defusing it he will be taking damage. Then they can be used to defend the bomb once it has been planting forcing the CT's to wait until the molotov goes away or go through a different entrance. Keep in mind both sides can buy it, but it is very expensive ($850), so it can't be bought on pistol rounds in competitive play. To give you the relative price of it, the grenade is 300, flashbang 200, smoke grenade 300 and decoy grenade 200. The molotov lasts only about 7 seconds.
solsek is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online