Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Online No-Limit Hold’em Cash Discussion of no-limit hold’em online cash games of all stakes, including pot-limit and cap games.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2011, 02:30 PM   #351
riverboatking
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
riverboatking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: trying to get out of my wheelchair
Posts: 23,226
Re: Perky Debt

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd1007 View Post
Can't you ever shut the **** up? No one likes you and no one wants to hear what you have to say.
don't be so hard on yourself i'm sure there is someone who likes you and wants to hear what you have to say.......

just no one in this thread so gtfo.
riverboatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 02:41 PM   #352
todd1007
banned
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,332
Re: Perky Debt

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverboatking View Post
don't be so hard on yourself i'm sure there is someone who likes you and wants to hear what you have to say.......

just no one in this thread so gtfo.
eat dick Jonas. was my post directed at you? no. so STFU
todd1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 02:45 PM   #353
CHRONICFEVER
Goes hard in the paint
 
CHRONICFEVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 13,405
Re: Perky Debt

Todd vs Rbk hell in a cell match!
Also
popcorn.gif
CHRONICFEVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 03:02 PM   #354
ebarnet
banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: not a lawyer
Posts: 1,315
Re: Perky Debt

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverboatking View Post
don't be so hard on yourself i'm sure there is someone who likes you and wants to hear what you have to say.......

just no one in this thread so gtfo.
rimshot!
ebarnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 03:17 PM   #355
newby
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: ny
Posts: 307
Re: Perky Debt

why are there always legal analogies in all of these dispute threads? aside from 1Ls, most normal people do not try to fit the law into their day to day lives.

as far as Maguire et al. vs. pure chip dumping, the most relevant analogy would be to look at what happens when someones account gets hacked, since that seems to be a frequent occurrence here. if the hacker plays strangers at nosebleeds, this forum generally says the victim is lucky to get anything back at all. if the hacker chip dumps to his buddy, im pretty sure this forum would say the victim is entitled to his money back.

edit: ok i actually read this crap -- i see rbk's point now. the only diff between maguire and this is that the money was 'stolen' after the game, as opposed to before.

Last edited by newby; 11-05-2011 at 03:22 PM.
newby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 03:27 PM   #356
Nick Rivers
Pooh-Bah
 
Nick Rivers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Clan In The Front
Posts: 4,726
Re: Perky Debt

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverboatking View Post
and i'm sure some ****ing pretentious blow-hard (cue nick rivers pls) who is the pillar of moral purity is going to come in and start yelling at me that no matter what you have to return every dollar you ever received if it was stolen, and to those people i simply say you can live in your own fantasy world (not that i ****ing believe any of you for one freaking minute, its super easy to talk about what you'd do with money you don't have) but i'm not going to argue about this.
Since you asked for me by name, I will go ahead and point out that it's comical that you ranted and raved for people to stop posting analogies then, in the very same post, proceeded to analogize this situation to the Tobey Maguire game and, in doing so, only managed to weaken your argument.

As for my thoughts on the rest of this, I already posted them. Ultimately, I think this thread has accomplished nothing. I expect everything to be business as usual.
Nick Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 03:29 PM   #357
newby
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: ny
Posts: 307
Re: Perky Debt

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8 View Post
Can we all agree if alec wasnt in on it he doesnt owe. i think most people would agree i do.
how is this not super obvious. anyone who has ever played poker has prob won 'ill gotten gains' unknowingly at some point.
newby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 03:41 PM   #358
riverboatking
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
riverboatking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: trying to get out of my wheelchair
Posts: 23,226
Re: Perky Debt

Quote:
Originally Posted by newby View Post
why are there always legal analogies in all of these dispute threads? aside from 1Ls, most normal people do not try to fit the law into their day to day lives.

as far as Maguire et al. vs. pure chip dumping, the most relevant analogy would be to look at what happens when someones account gets hacked, since that seems to be a frequent occurrence here. if the hacker plays strangers at nosebleeds, this forum generally says the victim is lucky to get anything back at all. if the hacker chip dumps to his buddy, im pretty sure this forum would say the victim is entitled to his money back.

edit: ok i actually read this crap -- i see rbk's point now. the only diff between maguire and this is that the money was 'stolen' after the game, as opposed to before.
i'm not 100% sure we know the timeline of when the dude stole the money in the maguire case, i think it might even have been a continual thing where he kept stealing and paying and stealing and paying etc but not 100% sure.
the only point of that was to show how in that case everyone was like lolduh you can't go after someone who received stolen money as payment when in this thread people are saying the exact opposite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Rivers View Post
Since you asked for me by name, I will go ahead and point out that it's comical that you ranted and raved for people to stop posting analogies then, in the very same post, proceeded to analogize this situation to the Tobey Maguire game and, in doing so, only managed to weaken your argument.

As for my thoughts on the rest of this, I already posted them. Ultimately, I think this thread has accomplished nothing. I expect everything to be business as usual.
its so funny how you think you're so smart and always try to use big words to disguise the fact that you're just a dumb troll.
you realize just cuz you write a lot of words doesn't make them mean anything.
riverboatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 03:44 PM   #359
ebarnet
banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: not a lawyer
Posts: 1,315
Re: Perky Debt

ITT, traheho's pals come to his defense and anyone with nothing to gain has concluded that traheho would be a scumbag if he didn't try to return the 150k perky allegedly chip-dumped to him

Sound about right?
ebarnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 03:48 PM   #360
BASaint
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BASaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: round headed buffoon
Posts: 14,826
Re: Perky Debt

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverboatking View Post
the only point of that was to show how in that case everyone was like lolduh you can't go after someone who received stolen money as payment when in this thread people are saying the exact opposite.
Quote:
A trial date has been set for Spiderman star Tobey Maguire for his involvement in a Hollywood high-stakes poker game allegedly perpetrated by a criminal Beverly Hills hedge fund manager.

Maguire is set to appear in court on January 30, 2012, following a lawsuit filed against the actor by a trustee for investors seeking the return of winnings that Maguire won while playing poker with A-listers like Leonardo DiCaprio, Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, and Nick Cassavetes, as well as poker pro Dan Bilzerian.
source

Looks like 'everyone' was wrong.
BASaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 03:51 PM   #361
Nick Rivers
Pooh-Bah
 
Nick Rivers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Clan In The Front
Posts: 4,726
Re: Perky Debt

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverboatking View Post
its so funny how you think you're so smart and always try to use big words to disguise the fact that you're just a dumb troll. you realize just cuz you write a lot of words doesn't make them mean anything.
A few points to consider:
  • The biggest word I used was "accomplished;"
  • You have written far more words than I have ITT;
  • You are the one who trolled me by bringing me up in a discussion in which I wasn't even participating, and you are the one name-calling and making personal attacks on me and basically anyone who disagrees with you. I'm not the troll here, bro.
Nick Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 03:54 PM   #362
ebarnet
banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: not a lawyer
Posts: 1,315
Re: Perky Debt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASaint View Post
source

Looks like 'everyone' was wrong.
RBK, the fact a judge even allowed this case to enter the courts shows how far out of touch your moral compass is. Check into reality for a change.
ebarnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 03:59 PM   #363
newby
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: ny
Posts: 307
Re: Perky Debt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebarnet View Post
RBK, the fact a judge even allowed this case to enter the courts shows how far out of touch your moral compass is. Check into reality for a change.
... have you seen what judges let into courts?
newby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 04:14 PM   #364
riverboatking
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
riverboatking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: trying to get out of my wheelchair
Posts: 23,226
Re: Perky Debt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASaint View Post
source

Looks like 'everyone' was wrong.
jesus christ you're so ****ing dense its unreal.

wtf does the fact that a suit was filed have to do with ANYTHING??? you do realize that suit was filed before the ****ing thread in question was made, and in fact was the entire basis for the debate in the first place.

you seriously have some of the worst comprehension skills of all time.
riverboatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 04:16 PM   #365
BASaint
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BASaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: round headed buffoon
Posts: 14,826
Re: Perky Debt

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverboatking View Post
jesus christ you're so ****ing dense its unreal.

wtf does the fact that a suit was filed have to do with ANYTHING??? you do realize that suit was filed before the ****ing thread in question was made, and in fact was the entire basis for the debate in the first place.

you seriously have some of the worst comprehension skills of all time.
Oh, so you value NVG/2+2's collective opinion on the law more than the lawyers pursuing the lawsuit & the presiding judge.

hahahaaha
BASaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 04:16 PM   #366
riverboatking
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
riverboatking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: trying to get out of my wheelchair
Posts: 23,226
Re: Perky Debt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Rivers View Post
A few points to consider:
  • The biggest word I used was "accomplished;"
  • You have written far more words than I have ITT;
  • You are the one who trolled me by bringing me up in a discussion in which I wasn't even participating, and you are the one name-calling and making personal attacks on me and basically anyone who disagrees with you. I'm not the troll here, bro.
wow sick sample size, i'm obv referring to your body of work.

but how about this instead of a silly argument why don't we make a poll in HSNL and we ask all the REGULARS who is a bigger troll?

we can either bet money (going to need an escrow obv) or we can just do whoever loses is IP banned from 2p2?

bet?
riverboatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 04:18 PM   #367
BASaint
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BASaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: round headed buffoon
Posts: 14,826
Re: Perky Debt

rbk you a making a fool of yourself
BASaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 04:21 PM   #368
riverboatking
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
riverboatking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: trying to get out of my wheelchair
Posts: 23,226
Re: Perky Debt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASaint View Post
Oh, so you value NVG/2+2's collective opinion on the law more than the lawyers pursuing the lawsuit & the presiding judge.

hahahaaha
lol i can't believe i'm still responding to you but here goes:

A) the judge hasn't ruled on it yet ldo so wtf are you even saying?

B) i was pointing out the hypocrisy of everyone that is contradicting themselves between these two cases.

C) apparently no matter how many times i explain things REALLY CLEARLY you'll find a way to not understand it or make some non-sequitor response.

this whole stupid sidetrack is just distracting from the actual important point of this thread so i apologize for my part in this inane conversation.
dunno why i can't squash my pet peeve of stupidity and constantly engage this idiotic drivel.

i'll try and stop and hopefully this thread could somehow get back on track.
all these stupid hypotheticals are ****ing meaningless.....all that matters is if alec knew perky was scamming his backer or not.
riverboatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 04:22 PM   #369
newby
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: ny
Posts: 307
Re: Perky Debt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASaint View Post
Oh, so you value NVG/2+2's collective opinion on the law more than the lawyers pursuing the lawsuit & the presiding judge.

hahahaaha
lol at extrapolating ethical implications from lawyers pursuing a lawsuit.
newby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 04:37 PM   #370
ebarnet
banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: not a lawyer
Posts: 1,315
Re: Perky Debt

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverboatking View Post
i'll try and stop and hopefully this thread could somehow get back on track.
all these stupid hypotheticals are ****ing meaningless.....all that matters is if alec knew perky was scamming his backer or not.
That's not even all that matters... It matters that Alec had extended 150k credit. It's not legal or ethical to extend credit to people who are going to steal to repay you.

You're not ethical if you accept stolen money for collecting debt. What the Maguire case tells us is that you're liable if you accept stolen money when collecting debt. If that case was thrown out during the pretrial conference, your argument would hold a lot of water right now, RBK, but the fact it's going to trial pretty much indicates the ethical matter is settled- the only matter left for the courts to decide is whether it can be legally proven.
ebarnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 04:48 PM   #371
newby
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: ny
Posts: 307
Re: Perky Debt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebarnet View Post
That's not even all that matters... It matters that Alec had extended 150k credit. It's not legal or ethical to extend credit to people who are going to steal to repay you.

You're not ethical if you accept stolen money for collecting debt. What the Maguire case tells us is that you're liable if you accept stolen money when collecting debt. If that case was thrown out during the pretrial conference, your argument would hold a lot of water right now, RBK, but the fact it's going to trial pretty much indicates the ethical matter is settled- the only matter left for the courts to decide is whether it can be legally proven.
gee i didn't know our courts settled ethical matters. how did i even pass the bar?

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29...19/index2.html

people have won money off some dude who obtained the money BY KILLING SOMEONE. how can you be unethical if you didn't find out until after?
newby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 05:58 PM   #372
ebarnet
banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: not a lawyer
Posts: 1,315
Re: Perky Debt

legal and moral philosophy is a pretty standard definition of ethics...
ebarnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 06:32 PM   #373
ebarnet
banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: not a lawyer
Posts: 1,315
Re: Perky Debt

I'm done with this. It's Saturday, and you are all a terrible crowd for me to spend a day like this.

You know that Alec was aware chip-dumping = money laundering.
If you think he deserves the money he collected thru this scam, then have a great ****ing time with eachother.

See you in hell.
ebarnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 06:34 PM   #374
SoLost
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,908
Re: Perky Debt

This e-drama is way more fun than legitimately arguing stuff. Allow me to join in!

INSIDEMANPOKER I AM CALLING YOU OUT! As far as I can tell you play nowhere close to HSNL, but you feel compelled to give your lame opinions on almost every non-strategy thread. PRETTY SURE AFTER ALL THE KOTH THREADS EVERYONE IN HERE HATES YOU AND SKIPS OVER YOUR POSTS BECAUSE THEY KNOW IT WILL BE A BUNCH OF OVER-TYPED AND REPEATED DRIVEL.

ILL FIGHT YOU TO THE DEATH
ANYONE WHO DISAGREES, ILL FIGHT YOU TOO

LOUD NOISES
SoLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:32 PM   #375
riverboatking
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
riverboatking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: trying to get out of my wheelchair
Posts: 23,226
Re: Perky Debt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebarnet View Post
just sayin.. because you challenge people to a popularity poll of your friends. You're a troll.

And, when the degen stuff you and your friends do finally catches up to you, 2p2 will be a nice place where you'll be remembered as a degen troll.

......................

why are you going for a rimshot in every post you make... dude... you should get a drumset and step away from the computer every now and then

lol dude how many times do i have to tell you to stop pm'ing me?
are you obsessed with me?
do you want to go on a date or something?

you've now sent me 3 pm's of which i've obv responded to 0 and yet you don't stop.

are you really 8 and like you're at the stage where if you have a crush on someone you pretend to hate them?

i hope i haven't been making fun of a mentally challenged 8 yr old girl holy **** now i feel bad.

please tell your parents/ social worker i apologize i thought i was dealing with a grown-up.

truly truly sorry.
riverboatking is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive