Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
*** Official March uBBV thread nsfw *** *** Official March uBBV thread nsfw ***

03-31-2010 , 05:22 PM
Villain timed all the way down on the river before they put out the bet. I was hoping that they would time out and I would insta min bet the river and take it down. So I started to jam the left mouse button where the icon for betting comes up at the last second.

Thing is my hud was in the way of the last red bar on his timer. Which is clearly +EV.

Full Tilt Poker $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 4 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

Hero (CO): $52.35
BTN: $13.00
SB: $103.10
BB: $64.05

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is CO with 9 8
Hero raises to $1.50, 2 folds, BB calls $1

Flop: ($3.25) 2 5 4 (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $2.50, BB raises to $7, Hero calls $4.50

Turn: ($17.25) Q (2 players)
BB bets $9.00, Hero calls $9

River: ($35.25) Q (2 players)
BB bets $20.50, Hero raises to $34.85, BB folds

Final Pot: $76.25
Hero wins $59.90
(Rake: $2.00)
03-31-2010 , 05:22 PM
villian, 43/36, 3.0 AF (1 Flop, inf Turn, inf River) over a whopping 15 hands
i've been pretty laggy currently.
river?


Full Tilt Poker $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

SB: $50.00
BB: $17.50
Hero (UTG): $67.45
MP: $50.00
CO: $51.45
BTN: $142.10

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is UTG with J J
Hero raises to $2, MP calls $2, 4 folds

Flop: ($4.75) 3 8 Q (2 players)
Hero bets $3.00, MP calls $3

Turn: ($10.75) 8 (2 players)
Hero checks, MP bets $6.95, Hero calls $6.95

River: ($24.65) K (2 players)
Hero checks, MP bets $14.00
03-31-2010 , 05:24 PM
Villain was running 25/20/80 over 100 and obv isoing the mark in the game. Like this or hate it?

Full Tilt Poker $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

SB: $89.55
Hero (BB): $102.05
UTG: $52.25
CO: $58.35
BTN: $62.95

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with 5 4
2 folds, BTN calls $0.50, SB raises to $2.50, Hero raises to $8, 1 fold, SB raises to $16.50, Hero calls $8.50

Flop: ($33.50) 3 A K (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $19, SB calls $19

Turn: ($71.50) 6 (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $66.55 all in
03-31-2010 , 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by srooney3 *** Official March uBBV thread nsfw ***
villian, 43/36, 3.0 AF (1 Flop, inf Turn, inf River) over a whopping 15 hands
i've been pretty laggy currently.
river?


Full Tilt Poker $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

SB: $50.00
BB: $17.50
Hero (UTG): $67.45
MP: $50.00
CO: $51.45
BTN: $142.10

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is UTG with J J
Hero raises to $2, MP calls $2, 4 folds

Flop: ($4.75) 3 8 Q (2 players)
Hero bets $3.00, MP calls $3

Turn: ($10.75) 8 (2 players)
Hero checks, MP bets $6.95, Hero calls $6.95

River: ($24.65) K (2 players)
Hero checks, MP bets $14.00
c/f turn. if not, c/f river
03-31-2010 , 05:51 PM
Please don't start talking about Nicklas Bendtner, I'm one of his biggest fans and will defend him until the end of the earth, one day he's gonna be spoon feeding everyone their words with maple syrup.
03-31-2010 , 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryltweedy *** Official March uBBV thread nsfw ***
Please don't start talking about Nicklas Bendtner, I'm one of his biggest fans and will defend him until the end of the earth, one day he's gonna be spoon feeding everyone their words with maple syrup.
how can you defend his misses? Seriously dude, he's the worst player for arsenal, well him and eboue, dunno why you don't buy a new striker or two!
03-31-2010 , 06:05 PM
Ive been thinking about this for awhile, and last night talking with someone on skype it came up again. wanted to hear some others thoughts on this.

Should there be any change in 5nl or 25nl small blind strategy based simply on the fact that at these two stakes we only pay 1.4 bb's per orbit compared to 1.5 bb's per orbit at almost all other stakes.

Some possibly interesting or relevant math:

assume a 100k hand sample. 100k hands divided by 6 (for seats at the table) = approx 16,666 orbits to play that many hands.

16,666 orbits x 1.5 bb's per orbit = 24,999 forced bb's
16,666 orbits x 1.4 bb's per orbit = 23,332 forced bb's

24,999 - 23,332 = 1,667 less forced bb's over the same hand sample. So basically at these two limits you are forced to put in over 16 buyins less mandatory bets than at most other stakes.

For someone who possibly plays a lot of these stakes, how would this affect your winrate? How would it affect your overall strategy, if at all? How would it affect your small blind strategy, if at all?

All numbers in this post are approximate.
03-31-2010 , 06:08 PM



thus proving I have no shame and Im not afraid to admit how much I really suck.

But srsly, WTF is going on here. Answer in the spoiler.

Spoiler:
redline is steadily going down on losing sessions and going up/staying flat on winning sessions
Spoiler:
I NEED TO ****ING PLAY MY A GAME MORE
Spoiler:
pretty sure Im getting resistance against tilt by now though, thats a positive
Spoiler:
I will ****ing beat this game, no matter what
03-31-2010 , 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDoranD *** Official March uBBV thread nsfw ***
Ive been thinking about this for awhile, and last night talking with someone on skype it came up again. wanted to hear some others thoughts on this.

Should there be any change in 5nl or 25nl small blind strategy based simply on the fact that at these two stakes we only pay 1.4 bb's per orbit compared to 1.5 bb's per orbit at almost all other stakes.

Some possibly interesting or relevant math:

assume a 100k hand sample. 100k hands divided by 6 (for seats at the table) = approx 16,666 orbits to play that many hands.

16,666 orbits x 1.5 bb's per orbit = 24,999 forced bb's
16,666 orbits x 1.4 bb's per orbit = 23,332 forced bb's

24,999 - 23,332 = 1,667 less forced bb's over the same hand sample. So basically at these two limits you are forced to put in over 16 buyins less mandatory bets than at most other stakes.

For someone who possibly plays a lot of these stakes, how would this affect your winrate? How would it affect your overall strategy, if at all? How would it affect your small blind strategy, if at all?

All numbers in this post are approximate.
I guess, (this is purely from a theory approach rather than mathematical approach), it's good to attack the BB from the SB, but yet at the same time, it's not as bad to fold, so I guess either is good?

That doesn't make any sense at all, I know.

It's a good thought though, I'd never even contemplated it before.

----------------------------------------------------------------

On a unrelated note (somewhat) April uBBV thread is mine.

I will bring good fortune to you all.
03-31-2010 , 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by absolutefish *** Official March uBBV thread nsfw ***
lol, check out this:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/62...-today-747520/

I am so hungry and this isn't helping.
omg, i'm so going to have a heart atack tomorrow
03-31-2010 , 06:19 PM
breaking neww.... isuldur = mats sundin???
03-31-2010 , 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark89er *** Official March uBBV thread nsfw ***
how can you defend his misses? Seriously dude, he's the worst player for arsenal, well him and eboue, dunno why you don't buy a new striker or two!
Woah woah woah, don't even start on King Eboue.
03-31-2010 , 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unjammed *** Official March uBBV thread nsfw ***
c/f turn. if not, c/f river
give him credit for the Q/8?? its hard to have the 8 and its hard to have the Q. hes extremely loose and that board is not easy to hit. c/f turn is so weak :/
03-31-2010 , 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by absolutefish *** Official March uBBV thread nsfw ***
On a unrelated note (somewhat) April uBBV thread is mine.

I will bring good fortune to you all.
aggo already bagged it a few pages back
03-31-2010 , 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fattony7891 *** Official March uBBV thread nsfw ***
aggo already bagged it a few pages back
I bagged it w/ brky earlier via PM.

Winland!

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/69...d-nsfw-749341/
03-31-2010 , 06:27 PM
LAST

      
m