Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Online No-Limit Hold’em Cash Discussion of no-limit hold’em online cash games of all stakes, including pot-limit and cap games.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2009, 11:34 AM   #726
Rusty Nails
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Rusty Nails's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Enjoying diaryofapokerlplayer.net
Posts: 6,373
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

#139358772, jst took a hit AK< AQ but still in good shape
Rusty Nails is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 11:48 AM   #727
JH1
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
JH1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 7,301
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

it's a ****ing mine field out there today on a ****ing tuesday morning. everyone has the day off i guess. -4 BI in the session from hell. and my internet sucks cause of this ****ing ice storm.
JH1 is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 12:49 PM   #728
entertainme
The Poker Mom
 
entertainme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,444
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by notontilt09 View Post
I usually leave stars open, but I guess with the extra security stuff I I'd recently to prevent hacking, there's no point in doing this anymore. Thanks for the input everyone.
With all the people around, maybe you should set your computer so your password has to be entered if it goes to sleep? Just put it in sleep mode before you stand up and no one can access anything without the password.
entertainme is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 12:50 PM   #729
kflip
old hand
 
kflip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Subspace
Posts: 1,353
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

Digger HU now!
kflip is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 12:53 PM   #730
entertainme
The Poker Mom
 
entertainme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,444
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by kflip View Post
Digger HU now!
Go Dog!!!!!!!!
entertainme is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 12:56 PM   #731
cds0699
LOSING
 
cds0699's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 9,028
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

glgl digger
cds0699 is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 01:10 PM   #732
CaptVimes
veteran
 
CaptVimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Waiting for the Ding
Posts: 2,810
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

Digger's the man. Takes it down.
CaptVimes is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 01:12 PM   #733
ship_it_trebek
Pooh-Bah
 
ship_it_trebek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: V is a Roman numeral
Posts: 3,891
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by entertainme View Post
With all the people around, maybe you should set your computer so your password has to be entered if it goes to sleep? Just put it in sleep mode before you stand up and no one can access anything without the password.
This is what I do. I mean I am 99.99% sure my 3 housemates would never do anything with it, but regardless of poker security I just do it so I don't end up with tranny pr0n as my background every time I leave the room.
ship_it_trebek is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 01:23 PM   #734
DiggertheDog
Pan Troglodytes
 
DiggertheDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: cras ingens iterabimus aequor
Posts: 57,791
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

thanks guys for the rails
DiggertheDog is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 01:26 PM   #735
entertainme
The Poker Mom
 
entertainme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,444
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggertheDog View Post
thanks guys for the rails
How much was the score?
entertainme is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 01:30 PM   #736
juguerra
veteran
 
juguerra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I'm not that guy.
Posts: 2,806
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

2.7K
juguerra is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 01:36 PM   #737
richbrown360
Pooh-Bah
 
richbrown360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In Thailand
Posts: 4,571
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by juguerra View Post
2.7K
well done DOg old son.
richbrown360 is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 01:39 PM   #738
cds0699
LOSING
 
cds0699's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 9,028
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

What bankroll management rules do you guys follow? Do you guys have a "stop loss" per session? The guidelines I'm currently following are below. I only play 4-6 tables at a time, and I'm thinking my current bankroll management is a bit nitty and I tend to lean on over bankrolled. Any thoughts?

Bankroll managment (cash games)

Level - Bankroll Size
$5NL - $0 - $250
$10NL - $251 - $500
$25NL - $501 - $1,250
$50NL - $1251 - $2,500
$100NL - $2,501 - $5,000
cds0699 is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 01:47 PM   #739
richbrown360
Pooh-Bah
 
richbrown360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In Thailand
Posts: 4,571
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by cds0699 View Post
What bankroll management rules do you guys follow? Do you guys have a "stop loss" per session? The guidelines I'm currently following are below. I only play 4-6 tables at a time, and I'm thinking my current bankroll management is a bit nitty and I tend to lean on over bankrolled. Any thoughts?

Bankroll managment (cash games)

Level - Bankroll Size
$5NL - $0 - $250
$10NL - $251 - $500
$25NL - $501 - $1,250
$50NL - $1251 - $2,500
$100NL - $2,501 - $5,000
pretty much yeah, but don' let BR stop you playing higher games if you feel confident, the games are good and can handle losing the money. usually I just say to myself 'this $500 is for shot taking, when its gone i move back down' kinda thing.
richbrown360 is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 01:53 PM   #740
SammyG-SD
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SammyG-SD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Original Bacon MVP
Posts: 12,600
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by ship_it_trebek View Post
This is what I do. I mean I am 99.99% sure my 3 housemates would never do anything with it, but regardless of poker security I just do it so I don't end up with tranny pr0n as my background every time I leave the room.
its not even the guys in the room, but just being logged on and having you poker client log on is so bad. Now anyone who can remotely get control of your computer can take control of the account.
SammyG-SD is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 01:57 PM   #741
cds0699
LOSING
 
cds0699's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 9,028
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by richbrown360 View Post
pretty much yeah, but don' let BR stop you playing higher games if you feel confident, the games are good and can handle losing the money. usually I just say to myself 'this $500 is for shot taking, when its gone i move back down' kinda thing.
I'm super strict with it, I never have a ton of losing in one session... I don't limit the winning sessions tho. I just think I'm being a uber strict BR nit and have been giving a lot of thought to taking a more aggressive approach.
cds0699 is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 01:59 PM   #742
pele02
Pooh-Bah
 
pele02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Folding the nuts to a raise
Posts: 4,531
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggertheDog View Post
thanks guys for the rails
Congrats on the tourney win Dog, you go Girl

Sorry I couldn't rail but for some reason my employer has blocked access to PStars from our corporate network, can't understand why
pele02 is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 02:01 PM   #743
knn05
Pooh-Bah
 
knn05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: FU and your OP
Posts: 3,641
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by cds0699 View Post
What bankroll management rules do you guys follow? Do you guys have a "stop loss" per session? The guidelines I'm currently following are below. I only play 4-6 tables at a time, and I'm thinking my current bankroll management is a bit nitty and I tend to lean on over bankrolled. Any thoughts?

Bankroll managment (cash games)

Level - Bankroll Size
$5NL - $0 - $250
$10NL - $251 - $500
$25NL - $501 - $1,250
$50NL - $1251 - $2,500
$100NL - $2,501 - $5,000
This seems pretty nitty to me, but it really depends on what your goals are with poker and what your win rate is in terms of RoR. Number of tables really doesn't matter to your RoR (it's win rate and standard deviation and your sample size that dictate it). I've played 50NL with as little as 15 BIs and did just fine after a withdrawal rebuilding my roll, but you need to have a handle on your win rate/SD to determine how many BIs you need to have, say, a 2% risk of ruin or w/e. Either way, if you're a winning player and want to take shots on the weekends when tables are juicy then do it. Just make sure you set and adhere to strict stop losses.
knn05 is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 02:03 PM   #744
pele02
Pooh-Bah
 
pele02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Folding the nuts to a raise
Posts: 4,531
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by cds0699 View Post
What bankroll management rules do you guys follow? Do you guys have a "stop loss" per session? The guidelines I'm currently following are below. I only play 4-6 tables at a time, and I'm thinking my current bankroll management is a bit nitty and I tend to lean on over bankrolled. Any thoughts?

Bankroll managment (cash games)

Level - Bankroll Size
$5NL - $0 - $250
$10NL - $251 - $500
$25NL - $501 - $1,250
$50NL - $1251 - $2,500
$100NL - $2,501 - $5,000
I think this sounds good, was planning on the following myself but I think I will give NL50 a go when I hit $1,250 and move down if I fall below $1,000.

$25NL - $501 - $1,500
$50NL - $1,501 - $3.000
$100NL - $3,001 - $6,000
pele02 is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 02:13 PM   #745
Bostik
old hand
 
Bostik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Outside the Bell Curve
Posts: 1,694
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by pele02 View Post
I think this sounds good, was planning on the following myself but I think I will give NL50 a go when I hit $1,250 and move down if I fall below $1,000.
This approach sounds rather familiar. (Less than $100 to go.)
Bostik is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 02:17 PM   #746
pele02
Pooh-Bah
 
pele02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Folding the nuts to a raise
Posts: 4,531
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostik View Post
This approach sounds rather familiar. (Less than $100 to go.)
I have exactly $87,78 to go, guess we'll be seeing each other at NL50 pretty soon if all goes as planned
pele02 is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 02:26 PM   #747
cds0699
LOSING
 
cds0699's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 9,028
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by knn05 View Post
This seems pretty nitty to me, but it really depends on what your goals are with poker and what your win rate is in terms of RoR. Number of tables really doesn't matter to your RoR (it's win rate and standard deviation and your sample size that dictate it). I've played 50NL with as little as 15 BIs and did just fine after a withdrawal rebuilding my roll, but you need to have a handle on your win rate/SD to determine how many BIs you need to have, say, a 2% risk of ruin or w/e. Either way, if you're a winning player and want to take shots on the weekends when tables are juicy then do it. Just make sure you set and adhere to strict stop losses.
Well my goal is to move up to $100NL and $200NL eventually the quickest way possible once I'm sure I can profitably beat it, BUT I don't want to ever go broke so I'm really conservative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pele02 View Post
I think this sounds good, was planning on the following myself but I think I will give NL50 a go when I hit $1,250 and move down if I fall below $1,000.

$25NL - $501 - $1,500
$50NL - $1,501 - $3.000
$100NL - $3,001 - $6,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostik View Post
This approach sounds rather familiar. (Less than $100 to go.)
Best of luck guys
cds0699 is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 02:36 PM   #748
DiggertheDog
Pan Troglodytes
 
DiggertheDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: cras ingens iterabimus aequor
Posts: 57,791
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

50NL is alot easier than 100NL but 100NL is not unbeatable.

Likely you will need a much stronger game to consistently beat 200NL.
DiggertheDog is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 02:43 PM   #749
cds0699
LOSING
 
cds0699's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 9,028
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

Ya I am quite sure I will need to get much better to beat $200NL (that wont be anytime soon), thats why I'm staying at $50NL until I get at least 100k hands. I just am wondering when to take some shots at $100NL... Would it be good to mix in 1 $100NL table with the rest of my $50NL tables?
cds0699 is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 02:43 PM   #750
Bostik
old hand
 
Bostik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Outside the Bell Curve
Posts: 1,694
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by pele02 View Post
I have exactly $87,78 to go, guess we'll be seeing each other at NL50 pretty soon if all goes as planned
I hope not. Yes to 50NL move; no thank you at seeing each other. Do you really think we want reg wars?

Judging by the 50NL vids there seem to be quite enough fish to shoot in the barrels without seeking for the armed sharks who shoot back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cds0699 View Post
Best of luck guys
Thank you.
Bostik is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive