Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Online No-Limit Hold’em Cash Discussion of no-limit hold’em online cash games of all stakes, including pot-limit and cap games.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 05:53 PM   #401
hockeyav
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
hockeyav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CNU
Posts: 9,991
Re: *** Official Fe"brew"ary Microbrew Thread ***

It's also a checkshove, and it's on the flop
hockeyav is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 05:58 PM   #402
thac
Strummin' along
 
thac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 46,655
Re: *** Official Fe"brew"ary Microbrew Thread ***

I think you see T9 or something a lot though. I mean, I rarely see a decent hand.
thac is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 06:02 PM   #403
Gelford
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Gelford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 12,348
Re: *** Official Fe"brew"ary Microbrew Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by thac View Post
See?

Poker Stars $2/$4 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 27739
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

CO: $400.00
BTN: $414.00
SB: $418.00
BB: $271.00
UTG: $577.00
Hero (MP): $400.00

Pre Flop: ($6.00) Hero is MP with A Q
1 fold, Hero raises to $12, 1 fold, BTN calls $12, 2 folds

Flop: ($30.00) T Q 2 (2 players)
Hero bets $24, BTN raises to $402 all in, Hero calls $364 all in

Turn: ($806.00) 7 (2 players - 2 are all in)

River: ($806.00) 6 (2 players - 2 are all in)

Final Pot: $806.00
BTN mucks A T
Hero shows A Q (a pair of Queens)
Hero wins $803.00
(Rake: $3.00)

BBV, Bragging, abuse of mod powers and 400NL = 50NL


There are plenty of guys that I'd snap call in such situations, but here .... read dependent, usually these guys just like to call a lot, but I wasn't there and have no clue .. would be nice with more read than a hud stat.
Gelford is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 06:04 PM   #404
VillainUnknown
veteran
 
VillainUnknown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I'm your van.
Posts: 2,957
Re: *** Official Fe"brew"ary Microbrew Thread ***

thanks guys. I assumed it was something like J8 that he was trying to protect from perceived suckout. I ended up folding, I still feel pretty confused about it. Next time I'm calling and seeing what happens, I'll probably only have to wait another 20K hands.
VillainUnknown is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 06:05 PM   #405
paratacus
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,790
Re: *** Official Fe"brew"ary Microbrew Thread ***

Prop link: https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/54...op-bet-392492/

Quote:
Originally Posted by paratacus View Post
Anyone want a $100 against spacegravy completing this?

1:1 obviously, bet decided as per rules in that thread. If he completes the challenge I win, if he fails you win.

I should be up before challenge starts PM me or quote if interested, bet not live till I confirm.
No one wants action that he won't do it? I'll take action in $50 lots if you want. I want to follow the prop bet but don't wanna throw the min $500 at it, plus I want spacegravy's side.

Cliffnotes: I bet spacegravy will make $40k in 30 days at $60 SnGs or you win.
paratacus is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 06:07 PM   #406
hockeyav
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
hockeyav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CNU
Posts: 9,991
Re: *** Official Fe"brew"ary Microbrew Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by thac View Post
I think you see T9 or something a lot though. I mean, I rarely see a decent hand.
Last time I had that situation I had middle set, he overshoved me with top set.

I was more entertained than pissed.
hockeyav is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 06:08 PM   #407
VillainUnknown
veteran
 
VillainUnknown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I'm your van.
Posts: 2,957
Re: *** Official Fe"brew"ary Microbrew Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelford View Post

There are plenty of guys that I'd snap call in such situations, but here .... read dependent, usually these guys just like to call a lot, but I wasn't there and have no clue .. would be nice with more read than a hud stat.
Well as I said, he hasn't done anything like this before except shove AJs pre-flop. He's mostly been a calling station, TBH I can't remember him raising on hardly any streets he played previously. I think he was down at least 2 buyins while I've been at the table. He seemed to mostly be playing pots with people who won money off him though, so I don't think this shove is out of spite.
VillainUnknown is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 06:11 PM   #408
udbrky
Formerly known as udbrky
 
udbrky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: avoiding responsibility
Posts: 28,872
Re: *** Official Fe"brew"ary Microbrew Thread ***

basement makes awezome music i talked to him on aim the other nite, he sent me a new song
udbrky is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 06:13 PM   #409
paratacus
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,790
Re: *** Official Fe"brew"ary Microbrew Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
basement makes awezome music i talked to him on aim the other nite, he sent me a new song
Easy Ridin? pjo just linked me it, its pretty sweet.
paratacus is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 06:15 PM   #410
Gelford
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Gelford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 12,348
Re: *** Official Fe"brew"ary Microbrew Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillainUnknown View Post
Well as I said, he hasn't done anything like this before except shove AJs pre-flop. He's mostly been a calling station, TBH I can't remember him raising on hardly any streets he played previously. I think he was down at least 2 buyins while I've been at the table. He seemed to mostly be playing pots with people who won money off him though, so I don't think this shove is out of spite.

Yeah, I mean ... passives do the funniest things sometimes, but shoving into two guys ... it might be a lesser jack, or T9 or hell even middle pair ... but on average I expect him to show up with something good

Now if it was a flushdraw, then it's a whole different story
Gelford is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 06:18 PM   #411
Gelford
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Gelford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 12,348
Re: *** Official Fe"brew"ary Microbrew Thread ***

But meh .. weak tight strat in the brew ... I'd better go to bed .. night brew
Gelford is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 06:18 PM   #412
VillainUnknown
veteran
 
VillainUnknown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I'm your van.
Posts: 2,957
Re: *** Official Fe"brew"ary Microbrew Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelford View Post
Yeah, I mean ... passives do the funniest things sometimes, but shoving into two guys ... it might be a lesser jack, or T9 or hell even middle pair ... but on average I expect him to show up with something good

Now if it was a flushdraw, then it's a whole different story
Yeah I'm too much of a ***** to call here. Generally have a bad experience of calling shoves.

EDIT: GN Gelford
VillainUnknown is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 06:20 PM   #413
fopah
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
fopah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: working real jobs
Posts: 7,836
Re: *** Official Fe"brew"ary Microbrew Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by thac View Post
I always assume a huge overshove is a bluff.
i have the nuts everytime i overshove
fopah is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 06:28 PM   #414
udbrky
Formerly known as udbrky
 
udbrky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: avoiding responsibility
Posts: 28,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by paratacus View Post
Easy Ridin? pjo just linked me it, its pretty sweet.
yes, he got skillz
udbrky is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 06:32 PM   #415
fopah
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
fopah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: working real jobs
Posts: 7,836
Re: *** Official Fe"brew"ary Microbrew Thread ***

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTihs...illyd.tv/?p=35
fopah is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 06:33 PM   #416
fopah
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
fopah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: working real jobs
Posts: 7,836
Re: *** Official Fe"brew"ary Microbrew Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
yes, he got skillz
i got a song in the works, only got one line.

"float like a butterfly sting like a bee."
"girls are my punching bags, call me Ali"
fopah is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 06:43 PM   #417
kaz2107
Jumpman HOLLA!
 
kaz2107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: KEEPBRAGGIN!
Posts: 8,858
Re: *** Official Fe"brew"ary Microbrew Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
basement makes awezome music i talked to him on aim the other nite, he sent me a new song
i wanna hear it

Quote:
Originally Posted by fopah View Post
i have the nuts everytime i overshove
u should play thac hu then obv
kaz2107 is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 06:54 PM   #418
paratacus
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,790
Re: *** Official Fe"brew"ary Microbrew Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by fopah View Post
i have the nuts everytime i overshove
This. but I'm glad people are 'balancing' my play by overbet shovin with bluffs ty people
paratacus is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 06:54 PM   #419
thac
Strummin' along
 
thac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 46,655
Re: *** Official Fe"brew"ary Microbrew Thread ***

The brew rap Jason made is tight, how'd I not hear it for 4 months?
thac is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 06:54 PM   #420
AceofSpades
Pooh-Bah
 
AceofSpades's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 5,656
Re: *** Official Fe"brew"ary Microbrew Thread ***

yo hockey,

do you know you're in a cardrunners vid?

playing 400nl against primoman...

watching now.....
AceofSpades is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 07:07 PM   #421
dawade
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
dawade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,996
Re: *** Official Fe"brew"ary Microbrew Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by thac View Post
See?

Poker Stars $2/$4 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 27739
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

CO: $400.00
BTN: $414.00
SB: $418.00
BB: $271.00
UTG: $577.00
Hero (MP): $400.00

Pre Flop: ($6.00) Hero is MP with A Q
1 fold, Hero raises to $12, 1 fold, BTN calls $12, 2 folds

Flop: ($30.00) T Q 2 (2 players)
Hero bets $24, BTN raises to $402 all in, Hero calls $364 all in

Turn: ($806.00) 7 (2 players - 2 are all in)

River: ($806.00) 6 (2 players - 2 are all in)

Final Pot: $806.00
BTN mucks A T
Hero shows A Q (a pair of Queens)
Hero wins $803.00
(Rake: $3.00)
Why do I have to sit around and go to school when I could be doing this?
dawade is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 07:18 PM   #422
hockeyav
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
hockeyav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CNU
Posts: 9,991
Re: *** Official Fe"brew"ary Microbrew Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceofSpades View Post
yo hockey,

do you know you're in a cardrunners vid?

playing 400nl against primoman...

watching now.....
Heh, I don't have CR


What's his stars name so I can look up the hands I played with him

(also table name would be nice)
hockeyav is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 07:27 PM   #423
PJo336
THRILLHOUSE!
 
PJo336's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 22,144
Re: *** Official Fe"brew"ary Microbrew Thread ***

i want to make music ev1 likes!!!

no one likes my kind of music tho
PJo336 is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 07:29 PM   #424
PJo336
THRILLHOUSE!
 
PJo336's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 22,144
Re: *** Official Fe"brew"ary Microbrew Thread ***

MY PLUG IN BABBYYYYY

CRUCIFIES MY ENEMIES
PJo336 is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 07:32 PM   #425
hockeyav
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
hockeyav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CNU
Posts: 9,991
Re: *** Official Fe"brew"ary Microbrew Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJo336 View Post
i want to make music ev1 likes!!!

no one likes my kind of music tho
hockeyav is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive