Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Online No-Limit Hold’em Cash Discussion of no-limit hold’em online cash games of all stakes, including pot-limit and cap games.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 04:01 PM   #9026
King Spew
Antici
 
King Spew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: pation
Posts: 13,608
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Open shove,

then type in: I'm leaving this table 'cause I get no action. I am an action junkie that plays 55 hard. Toodles, you ******s.
King Spew is offline  
Old 12-08-2009, 04:17 PM   #9027
DDAWD
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,879
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

There's a decent number of people who decide to open shove on their last hand for whatever reason. If I see that someone UTG shoves, I'm very inclined to call with anything that's decent. Stacked someone the other day who shoved with 52. I had to sit and think before calling with AK.
DDAWD is offline  
Old 12-08-2009, 04:22 PM   #9028
ready 2 win
Pooh-Bah
 
ready 2 win's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,968
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

I am rly curious what FT plans are for the SSer problem.
ready 2 win is offline  
Old 12-08-2009, 05:08 PM   #9029
DDAWD
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,879
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28...ackers-650076/

lol@shortstacker whine thread
DDAWD is offline  
Old 12-08-2009, 06:21 PM   #9030
ready 2 win
Pooh-Bah
 
ready 2 win's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,968
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDAWD View Post
What a load of scums....
ready 2 win is offline  
Old 12-08-2009, 06:29 PM   #9031
DDAWD
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,879
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

I'm still curious as to what FT is going to do. I proposed just increasing the floor of the regular games to 50bb. That seems to be the fairest solution. People who want to play deeper can play deeper. People who want to play short can play in a cap game or perhaps something like a 20-60bb game.

Short stackers, of course, won't like this since the fish aren't going to play short tables. They are going to play regular tables. But short stackers aren't going to come out and say that their strategy basically is to leech pots started by deep players. If you raise the floor to 50BB, they aren't going to have a moral ground to stand on.
DDAWD is offline  
Old 12-08-2009, 06:30 PM   #9032
DDAWD
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,879
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Also, I think the rathole clock should be upped to like three hours or something.
DDAWD is offline  
Old 12-08-2009, 06:37 PM   #9033
SammyG-SD
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SammyG-SD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Original Bacon MVP
Posts: 12,600
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

rathole clock is funny when its implemented on you. Like you stack a giant whale, table breaks, you leave then the table "rejuvinates" and you join back in and buy in for like 3X the maximum..people are always like "hey how did you buy in for so much?
SammyG-SD is offline  
Old 12-08-2009, 06:43 PM   #9034
DDAWD
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,879
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyG-SD View Post
rathole clock is funny when its implemented on you. Like you stack a giant whale, table breaks, you leave then the table "rejuvinates" and you join back in and buy in for like 3X the maximum..people are always like "hey how did you buy in for so much?
I invariably end up having a big stack at a table or two (because I'm so dern awesum) and I'm always excited when someone else has a 3BI stack as well. I always want to out play them. Probably to the detriment of my game. Problem is that people who have amassed that much money never want to play against me
DDAWD is offline  
Old 12-08-2009, 06:53 PM   #9035
TheGunslinger
veteran
 
TheGunslinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,193
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDAWD View Post
Also, I think the rathole clock should be upped to like three hours or something.
Honestly, I hope this isn't the only thing FT does (if they do), because I don't feel this will improve the SS situation one bit.

The main reason is that there are too many of them. Currently, whenever a SSer doubles up and leaves one of my tables, at least 50% of the time a different one takes his place. Who cares if the first one can't come back to my table for an extended period of time? There are plenty of guys on his team who can and will.

The second reason is that, at least at the micros, there are plenty of regular tables for them to switch to. And with the 16-table cap, they have a lot of maneuverability of switching tables before really being forced to return to one they've left. Coupled with the first point that there are a metric f***ton of SSers, I don't see how increasing the rathole time is really going to change the overall number of SSers on a given table at any one time.

The only plan I really hope they implement is increasing the minimum buy-in on regular tables.
TheGunslinger is offline  
Old 12-08-2009, 07:17 PM   #9036
DDAWD
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,879
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Yeah, I agree, gunslinger. Although I do think a bigger rathole clock will make SSing less profitable for any particular SSer. And thus, less of them will do it.

But I think having short, reg, and deep tables is the way to go. None of the SSers are going to admit that they want to play against reg stacks. The best argument they have against that proposal is that they don't want to create a third class of tables.
DDAWD is offline  
Old 12-08-2009, 08:16 PM   #9037
TheGunslinger
veteran
 
TheGunslinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,193
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

They really don't need to, they have the cap tables. I liked your argument in that thread of why do only deep players have to switch tables. Shorts can play at cap tables, and the min buy-in at regular tables is increased. The question of why they won't play the cap tables has not yet been answered, even though MicroBob says it was.
TheGunslinger is offline  
Old 12-08-2009, 08:27 PM   #9038
SammyG-SD
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SammyG-SD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Original Bacon MVP
Posts: 12,600
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

X posting here

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/78...abling-653074/
SammyG-SD is offline  
Old 12-08-2009, 08:31 PM   #9039
EN09
Pooh-Bah
 
EN09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Buncha savages in this town.
Posts: 4,271
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyG-SD View Post
rathole clock is funny when its implemented on you. Like you stack a giant whale, table breaks, you leave then the table "rejuvinates" and you join back in and buy in for like 3X the maximum..people are always like "hey how did you buy in for so much?
obv level

Last edited by EN09; 12-08-2009 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Nice one Sammy! LOL
EN09 is offline  
Old 12-08-2009, 08:32 PM   #9040
DDAWD
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,879
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGunslinger View Post
They really don't need to, they have the cap tables. I liked your argument in that thread of why do only deep players have to switch tables. Shorts can play at cap tables, and the min buy-in at regular tables is increased. The question of why they won't play the cap tables has not yet been answered, even though MicroBob says it was.
Yeah, the defense of the 20-100bb table is just idiotic. I assume they are being intentionally dishonest.
DDAWD is offline  
Old 12-08-2009, 08:36 PM   #9041
SammyG-SD
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SammyG-SD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Original Bacon MVP
Posts: 12,600
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by EN09 View Post
obv level
not sure how it was a level...when you leave and return a table under the designated waiting time, you have to come back with how much you left with even if its above the maximum.
SammyG-SD is offline  
Old 12-08-2009, 08:38 PM   #9042
DDAWD
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,879
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyG-SD View Post
not sure how it was a level...when you leave and return a table under the designated waiting time, you have to come back with how much you left with even if its above the maximum.
I think he's saying that you're just too lousy of a poker player to ever triple up.

[/obv lvl]
DDAWD is offline  
Old 12-08-2009, 08:38 PM   #9043
KurtSF
Lucky Number Seven
 
KurtSF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 0EV against everyone ... seriously
Posts: 16,471
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDAWD View Post
Yeah, the defense of the 20-100bb table is just idiotic. I assume they are being intentionally dishonest.
I still think all tables should be 50-200.
KurtSF is offline  
Old 12-08-2009, 08:40 PM   #9044
EN09
Pooh-Bah
 
EN09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Buncha savages in this town.
Posts: 4,271
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyG-SD View Post
not sure how it was a level...when you leave and return a table under the designated waiting time, you have to come back with how much you left with even if its above the maximum.
When that went over your head, did you even look up???
EN09 is offline  
Old 12-08-2009, 08:41 PM   #9045
SammyG-SD
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SammyG-SD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Original Bacon MVP
Posts: 12,600
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDAWD View Post
I think he's saying that you're just too lousy of a poker player to ever triple up.

[/obv lvl]
ONLY bad players triple up on FTP because its RIGGED!
SammyG-SD is offline  
Old 12-08-2009, 08:42 PM   #9046
SammyG-SD
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SammyG-SD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Original Bacon MVP
Posts: 12,600
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by EN09 View Post
When that went over your head, did you even look up???
no, I am busy punishing my keyboard as I type...$155 for Passport fees...geez.
SammyG-SD is offline  
Old 12-08-2009, 08:57 PM   #9047
DDAWD
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,879
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtSF View Post
I still think all tables should be 50-200.
I'd love this. You can have the cap tables for those who want them and the rest of us can play this.

But 25NL is the firs time I'm really seeing the shorties who just sit there and shove. It took me two days to find them incredibly aggravating. When I played 10NL, I never table selected. I just sat at the first four deep tables I saw and never moved as long as a table didn't break. Nothing more annoying than going after a fish than to just have some shortie to my left shove and both me and the fish have to fold.
DDAWD is offline  
Old 12-08-2009, 09:57 PM   #9048
markdirt
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,531
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Hey, Journeyman54, we are sitting at the most epic table ever right now!
markdirt is offline  
Old 12-08-2009, 10:42 PM   #9049
DDAWD
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,879
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdirt View Post
Hey, Journeyman54, we are sitting at the most epic table ever right now!
What's so epic about it?
DDAWD is offline  
Old 12-08-2009, 10:47 PM   #9050
markdirt
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,531
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDAWD View Post
What's so epic about it?
Well for awhile it had six full/doubled-stacked fish but it broke apart pretty quickly. ):
markdirt is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive