Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Online No-Limit Hold’em Cash Discussion of no-limit hold’em online cash games of all stakes, including pot-limit and cap games.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2009, 06:50 PM   #8476
Equus asinus
veteran
 
Equus asinus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,842
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATEUSZEK View Post
Only one taker? Hmmmmmmmmm
LOL, Guess nobody wants to admit they are struggling. I'm disqualified by your level choice
Equus asinus is offline  
Old 11-24-2009, 06:52 PM   #8477
MATEUSZEK
Pooh-Bah
 
MATEUSZEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Sunglasses and Advil
Posts: 3,598
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus asinus View Post
LOL, Guess nobody wants to admit they are struggling. I'm disqualified by your level choice
NL10 player? or you NL100 and hanging in the micro forum. (I don't blame you, this forum is better than SSFR lol).

Welllllll they don't have to be struggling. But if you're only BE/beating it for 1BB/100 I'm sure I can help. Don't have to be a losing player either.
MATEUSZEK is offline  
Old 11-24-2009, 06:59 PM   #8478
Equus asinus
veteran
 
Equus asinus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,842
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATEUSZEK View Post
NL10 player? or you NL100 and hanging in the micro forum. (I don't blame you, this forum is better than SSFR lol).

Welllllll they don't have to be struggling. But if you're only BE/beating it for 1BB/100 I'm sure I can help. Don't have to be a losing player either.
100 lol. I just watch the "waving" in the ssnl thread mostly.
Equus asinus is offline  
Old 11-24-2009, 07:22 PM   #8479
El Nino 1
Pooh-Bah
 
El Nino 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,018
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Well my welcome back to FT after 18 days session was just great......NOT

-$138 in 3100 hands and people couldnt help but flop sets everytime i 3bet them.

Was hoping for the 'welcome back' boomswitch but FT knows im never leaving so they dont need to bother.
El Nino 1 is offline  
Old 11-24-2009, 07:24 PM   #8480
KurtSF
Lucky Number Seven
 
KurtSF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 0EV against everyone ... seriously
Posts: 16,471
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nino 1 View Post
Was hoping for the 'welcome back' boomswitch but FT knows im never leaving so they dont need to bother.
lol

But welcome back!
KurtSF is offline  
Old 11-24-2009, 07:26 PM   #8481
funkyj
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
funkyj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: working without a 27b/6
Posts: 6,416
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

I'm a low volume PS reg and now that my WCOOP deposit bonus has cleared I'm going to give FTP a try.

Can anyone recommend a good guide to the FTP rewards system beyond rakeback? I.e. all this Iron Man crud?


Given the volume I expect to log (e.g. Silver Star VIP at PokerStars) it probably doesn't matter but I like to understand the system anyways.

BTW, anyone have a good recommendation for a new FT screename?
funkyj is offline  
Old 11-24-2009, 07:34 PM   #8482
EN09
Pooh-Bah
 
EN09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Buncha savages in this town.
Posts: 4,271
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyj View Post
I'm a low volume PS reg and now that my WCOOP deposit bonus has cleared I'm going to give FTP a try.

Can anyone recommend a good guide to the FTP rewards system beyond rakeback? I.e. all this Iron Man crud?


Given the volume I expect to log (e.g. Silver Star VIP at PokerStars) it probably doesn't matter but I like to understand the system anyways.

BTW, anyone have a good recommendation for a new FT screename?
"imfromsweden"??? BADA-BING!!!

Sorry to hear about your Welcome Home Nino... It hasn't been much better for me and I didn't get a road trip to New Orleans either! LOL
EN09 is offline  
Old 11-24-2009, 07:50 PM   #8483
KurtSF
Lucky Number Seven
 
KurtSF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 0EV against everyone ... seriously
Posts: 16,471
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

You collect Full Tilt points with each raked hand played. These points can be spent in the Full Tilt Store for items like hooded sweatshirts, iPods, and plasma TVs. They also have a cash value of about $3.5/1000, but you'll need to find a buyer.

Each saparate day in a month you get Full Tilt points, gets tracked for IronMan. Get 200 points on 25 different days in one month, and you get an Iron month. 20 different days and its a Gold month. And so on down to Bronze. Each month you qualify you get X IronMan Medals. X increases the longer you are in IronMan, starting at ~100, but increasing significantly after you're been in for a year or more. Also, you can get bonus IronMan medals for more than 200 points per day, which are added onto the X at the end of the month.

This is a tricky promotion because its not based on total play. You can easily put in 20x the volume needed to get ironman and not get it. Its all about spreading your play around to different days. The biggest benefit though is the mid-year and end-year ironman bonuses, where you get between $50 and $600 bonus to clear, depending on what you qualify for.

The medals are best spent on either cash bonuses or tournament entries. If tournaments are your thing, you can forgo a couple "bonus" ironman medals each month and get entry into a monthly freeroll instead.

One last thing about IronMan... all your preferences re-set every month no matter what, so from now until the end of time you will have to spend a minute opting out of your ironman chip and selecting bonus medals (or whatever your actual preferences are) the first session each month. So annoying.
KurtSF is offline  
Old 11-24-2009, 08:15 PM   #8484
markdirt
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,531
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyj View Post
I'm a low volume PS reg and now that my WCOOP deposit bonus has cleared I'm going to give FTP a try.

Can anyone recommend a good guide to the FTP rewards system beyond rakeback? I.e. all this Iron Man crud?


Given the volume I expect to log (e.g. Silver Star VIP at PokerStars) it probably doesn't matter but I like to understand the system anyways.

BTW, anyone have a good recommendation for a new FT screename?

If I were to get a new account, I would name myself 'impalin sarah.'
markdirt is offline  
Old 11-24-2009, 08:33 PM   #8485
Zak3nnay0
old hand
 
Zak3nnay0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: where the T50 chip doesn't exist
Posts: 1,236
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nino 1 View Post
Well my welcome back to FT after 18 days session was just great......NOT

-$138 in 3100 hands and people couldnt help but flop sets everytime i 3bet them.

Was hoping for the 'welcome back' boomswitch but FT knows im never leaving so they dont need to bother.

lol wut did u hav here?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
($50)
Hero ($56.20)

Dealt to Hero 7 A

Hero raises to $1.50, raises to $4, Hero calls $2.50

FLOP ($8) 4 2 T

bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50

TURN ($17) 4 2 T 4

checks, Hero bets $9.50, raises to $26.50, Hero folds

wins $35.50

im pretty sure ur bluffing but i dont wanna gamble wit A high.
Zak3nnay0 is offline  
Old 11-24-2009, 08:42 PM   #8486
fieldyb
old hand
 
fieldyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,293
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtSF View Post
You collect Full Tilt points with each raked hand played. These points can be spent in the Full Tilt Store for items like hooded sweatshirts, iPods, and plasma TVs. They also have a cash value of about $3.5/1000, but you'll need to find a buyer.

Each saparate day in a month you get Full Tilt points, gets tracked for IronMan. Get 200 points on 25 different days in one month, and you get an Iron month. 20 different days and its a Gold month. And so on down to Bronze. Each month you qualify you get X IronMan Medals. X increases the longer you are in IronMan, starting at ~100, but increasing significantly after you're been in for a year or more. Also, you can get bonus IronMan medals for more than 200 points per day, which are added onto the X at the end of the month.

This is a tricky promotion because its not based on total play. You can easily put in 20x the volume needed to get ironman and not get it. Its all about spreading your play around to different days. The biggest benefit though is the mid-year and end-year ironman bonuses, where you get between $50 and $600 bonus to clear, depending on what you qualify for.

The medals are best spent on either cash bonuses or tournament entries. If tournaments are your thing, you can forgo a couple "bonus" ironman medals each month and get entry into a monthly freeroll instead.

One last thing about IronMan... all your preferences re-set every month no matter what, so from now until the end of time you will have to spend a minute opting out of your ironman chip and selecting bonus medals (or whatever your actual preferences are) the first session each month. So annoying.
it's 500 not 200 but other than that everything is pretty much spot on.
fieldyb is offline  
Old 11-24-2009, 09:00 PM   #8487
AirmanSpecial
old hand
 
AirmanSpecial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Airplane is in the shop... again.
Posts: 1,597
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

The bonus medals start at 500 points.
AirmanSpecial is offline  
Old 11-24-2009, 09:02 PM   #8488
KurtSF
Lucky Number Seven
 
KurtSF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 0EV against everyone ... seriously
Posts: 16,471
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Right, of course. tyty
KurtSF is offline  
Old 11-24-2009, 09:36 PM   #8489
kflip
old hand
 
kflip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Subspace
Posts: 1,353
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

I've ran some calculations on the FT loyalty program some time ago, which might be helpful or not (but probably not really and it might be a pain).

Also, post #7 by me in that thread is erroneous.


https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/78...rogram-458865/


Still think I'll be doing a follow-up on it that'll be more useful, e.g. finish that application that calculates *everything*
kflip is offline  
Old 11-24-2009, 09:37 PM   #8490
JLBorloo
Pooh-Bah
 
JLBorloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: think global, bang local.
Posts: 5,222
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Just had one of the most horrendous sessions of my "carreer". And I thought I could escape the cashout doomswitch . How naive was I.
Not even about getting sucked out when all in, but every single attempt I did at winning a hand failed miserably for a reason or another. My wtsd% combined with my w$sd is actually pretty sick. Had fishes on all my tables too, hence the nitty stats.



Did not tilt any, Im still not tilted right now, but hell, sometimes poker is really hard.

A nice song for all the grinders out there, keep it up

Last edited by JLBorloo; 11-24-2009 at 09:43 PM.
JLBorloo is offline  
Old 11-24-2009, 11:08 PM   #8491
EN09
Pooh-Bah
 
EN09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Buncha savages in this town.
Posts: 4,271
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLBorloo View Post
Just had one of the most horrendous sessions of my "carreer". And I thought I could escape the cashout doomswitch . How naive was I.
Not even about getting sucked out when all in, but every single attempt I did at winning a hand failed miserably for a reason or another. My wtsd% combined with my w$sd is actually pretty sick. Had fishes on all my tables too, hence the nitty stats.



Did not tilt any, Im still not tilted right now, but hell, sometimes poker is really hard.

A nice song for all the grinders out there, keep it up
Ouch! There's no doubt you'll get it back plus some! See you on the tables!
EN09 is offline  
Old 11-24-2009, 11:30 PM   #8492
Thallium
old hand
 
Thallium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,663
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

You can try to limit the number of days by playing across Midnight so as to earn points on both days. I did that once when I was working hard to make an Ironman lvl even though I couldn't play every day.
Thallium is offline  
Old 11-25-2009, 01:37 AM   #8493
YummyYumChicken
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,591
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

we should petition to make it a race for x number of points per month, not y number of points every day for 25 days a month

people are slaves to ft's marketing dept hehe
YummyYumChicken is offline  
Old 11-25-2009, 02:33 AM   #8494
El Nino 1
Pooh-Bah
 
El Nino 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,018
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak3nnay0 View Post
lol wut did u hav here?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
($50)
Hero ($56.20)

Dealt to Hero 7 A

Hero raises to $1.50, raises to $4, Hero calls $2.50

FLOP ($8) 4 2 T

bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50

TURN ($17) 4 2 T 4

checks, Hero bets $9.50, raises to $26.50, Hero folds

wins $35.50

im pretty sure ur bluffing but i dont wanna gamble wit A high.
If im not mistaken i actually had TT but i will look in a second and let you know.
El Nino 1 is offline  
Old 11-25-2009, 02:57 AM   #8495
jasons0147
Pooh-Bah
 
jasons0147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: What goods a TV if u live in a box.
Posts: 4,593
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

k, im going to bed. Ill see the euro nits in the morning sometime. Someone make a pot of coffee for me
jasons0147 is offline  
Old 11-25-2009, 04:21 AM   #8496
Cangurino
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Cangurino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Circus
Posts: 13,478
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasons0147 View Post
k, im going to bed. Ill see the euro nits in the morning sometime. Someone make a pot of coffee for me
The euronits are taking over, then...
Cangurino is offline  
Old 11-25-2009, 04:54 AM   #8497
imfromsweden
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
imfromsweden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,152
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

lol I should go to school right about now, but I have the god seat on two 50/0 300bb deep fishes at a 400NL table. And I'm also 300bb deep. They both have like 86% call flop bet and stuff. What to do, 2p2?
imfromsweden is offline  
Old 11-25-2009, 05:15 AM   #8498
pele02
Pooh-Bah
 
pele02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Folding the nuts to a raise
Posts: 4,531
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATEUSZEK View Post
NL10 player? or you NL100 and hanging in the micro forum. (I don't blame you, this forum is better than SSFR lol).

Welllllll they don't have to be struggling. But if you're only BE/beating it for 1BB/100 I'm sure I can help. Don't have to be a losing player either.
It was a nice offer but...

Euronit here, @work at those times
pele02 is offline  
Old 11-25-2009, 05:28 AM   #8499
pele02
Pooh-Bah
 
pele02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Folding the nuts to a raise
Posts: 4,531
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLBorloo View Post
Just had one of the most horrendous sessions of my "carreer". And I thought I could escape the cashout doomswitch . How naive was I.
Not even about getting sucked out when all in, but every single attempt I did at winning a hand failed miserably for a reason or another. My wtsd% combined with my w$sd is actually pretty sick. Had fishes on all my tables too, hence the nitty stats.



A nice song for all the grinders out there, keep it up
Sick, had a few of those days this month too

Nice song btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfromsweden View Post
lol I should go to school right about now, but I have the god seat on two 50/0 300bb deep fishes at a 400NL table. And I'm also 300bb deep. They both have like 86% call flop bet and stuff. What to do, 2p2?
I'd say take a "sovmorgon" and play those fish. It's 400NL and they are deeeeeeep. You have 60 years ahead of you to study imo

Last edited by pele02; 11-25-2009 at 05:37 AM.
pele02 is offline  
Old 11-25-2009, 06:10 AM   #8500
DDAWD
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,879
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

I think there should be a name for this. A poker seizure. When my brain just goes haywire for some reason.

I'm at my tables playing my game. Nothing too exciting. Managed to stack a shortie when I flopped a boat, but nothing big. I'm just applying pressure and waiting for someone to make a mistake. No big score, but I think I'm close to maximizing the value out of my hands.

Then this happens.


Full Tilt Poker $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 7 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

Hero (CO): $28.37
BTN: $10.00
SB: $14.88
BB: $29.67
UTG: $21.75
UTG+1: $23.12 This guy is like 30/4
MP: $21.81

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is CO with 9 5
1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.50, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.50, 3 folds
When he comes out betting, I call with this hand. Why would I call this hand against what is likely a monster? I feel that if I can flop 2pair or trips, I have a decent shot at his stack.

Flop: ($1.15) 7 K 6 (2 players)
UTG+1 bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50
This is when my brain starts going nuts. I don't know why I don't fold. I've got a gutshot and nothing else. I think part of me feels that if I hit, I still can get at his stack.

Turn: ($4.15) 4 (2 players)
UTG+1 bets $4, Hero raises to $26.37 all in, UTG+1 calls $17.12 all in
And this is when I really lose it. I've got the OESD, but the board has 3 to a flush, so there's a good chance that 2 of my outs are no good. My FE can't be all that hot either since he's got a monster. Dunno. This was just stupid.

River: ($46.39) 6 (2 players - 2 are all in)

Final Pot: $46.39
Hero shows 9 5 (a pair of Sixes)
UTG+1 shows A A (two pair, Aces and Sixes)
UTG+1 wins $44.39
(Rake: $2.00)

*sigh*
Not a brag, not a beat, just major variance in my brain. I wasn't steaming. I wasn't losing patience. I dunno.

Maybe this can serve as a warning. Don't lose your focus.
DDAWD is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive