Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Online No-Limit Hold’em Cash Discussion of no-limit hold’em online cash games of all stakes, including pot-limit and cap games.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2009, 03:30 PM   #7351
Cangurino
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Cangurino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Circus
Posts: 13,478
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDAWD View Post
I'm not planning on buying HH, but what do you think of the ethics of it? I know full tilt looks down upon hand histories from hands you don't play.
I don't know about the ethics. However it's against the T&C of just about every poker room.
Cangurino is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 03:41 PM   #7352
ready 2 win
Pooh-Bah
 
ready 2 win's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,968
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

BRAG: Since I was able two pull two winning sessions in a row after a long time I just quit the day the fist time ever four digit rolled


Hypothetical question:

Lets assume you are UTG w/ KK and open for a normal 4x bb raise. Every ones folds to the BTN who pushs for 60bb. Both Blinds fold and it is back to you.

BTN is 15/1 with 1% 3bet over ~700 hands. Do you call?
ready 2 win is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 03:42 PM   #7353
enty
say 'what' again
 
enty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: dazed
Posts: 9,914
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

i dont think they can actually enforce that rule though, i mean how are they supposed to check for it ? has anyone ever gotten caught yet ?

kinda funny that tilt looks down on it when they allowed datamining at their tables until july
enty is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 03:45 PM   #7354
SammyG-SD
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SammyG-SD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Original Bacon MVP
Posts: 12,600
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDAWD View Post
I'm not planning on buying HH, but what do you think of the ethics of it? I know full tilt looks down upon hand histories from hands you don't play.
They have closed accounts and taken monies for people using PTR.
SammyG-SD is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 03:46 PM   #7355
SammyG-SD
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SammyG-SD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Original Bacon MVP
Posts: 12,600
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by enty View Post
i dont think they can actually enforce that rule though, i mean how are they supposed to check for it ? has anyone ever gotten caught yet ?

kinda funny that tilt looks down on it when they allowed datamining at their tables until july
yes the monitor what programs and websites you go to whenever you have the client open. Datamining has always bee against the T&C.
SammyG-SD is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 03:48 PM   #7356
KurtSF
Lucky Number Seven
 
KurtSF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 0EV against everyone ... seriously
Posts: 16,471
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyG-SD View Post
Datamining has always bee against the T&C.
Nope. It was allowed and acceptable for quite a long time before they changed.
KurtSF is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 03:50 PM   #7357
King Spew
Antici
 
King Spew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: pation
Posts: 13,624
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

instacall with kings
King Spew is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 03:50 PM   #7358
SammyG-SD
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SammyG-SD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Original Bacon MVP
Posts: 12,600
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtSF View Post
Nope. It was allowed and acceptable for quite a long time before they changed.
they changed it two years ago, but was a "soft penalty" about a year ago they put it tougher in the T&C and about 6 months ago was when the first accounts started to get closed.
SammyG-SD is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 03:50 PM   #7359
enty
say 'what' again
 
enty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: dazed
Posts: 9,914
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyG-SD View Post
yes the monitor what programs and websites you go to whenever you have the client open. Datamining has always bee against the T&C.
that still doesnt allow them to spot people buying hands when tilt is not open and importing them in to pt3/hem.

unless u are suggesting that tilt is monitoring everyone even when the client isn't open in which case i say FUBigBrother

but i thought datamining was possible until july ? you could just observe a table with import running and the HH would be imported right ? they wrote that into their software but at the same time didn't allow it ?
enty is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 03:52 PM   #7360
King Spew
Antici
 
King Spew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: pation
Posts: 13,624
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Kurt, my thinking is datamining was against ToC, but never enforced.
King Spew is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 03:57 PM   #7361
SammyG-SD
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SammyG-SD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Original Bacon MVP
Posts: 12,600
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

The thing about PTR is that since I moved full time to NL100 its been a lot more accurate. It has 28K hands on me, and I have 35K hands according to my DB. But what is amazing is how inaccurate its been with my winnings. Like my last session was 1K hands, and PTR has about about 400 hands on me for that time, but the winnings is $37 according to PTR vs PT3 and my Cashier of $347.

So in the last three months PTR says I have played 28K hands and won $1400. Over that time I have taken out $6k and my BR is bigger than when I started....so is money just randomly appearing in my account?
SammyG-SD is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 03:58 PM   #7362
SammyG-SD
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SammyG-SD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Original Bacon MVP
Posts: 12,600
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Spew View Post
Kurt, my thinking is datamining was against ToC, but never enforced.
for the last 2.5 years this is correct. You would get a "please don't do that" email.
SammyG-SD is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 04:00 PM   #7363
enty
say 'what' again
 
enty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: dazed
Posts: 9,914
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

yeah ptr and winnings = fail
but i really dont care if my ptr is off, it will just confuzzle my opponents who care enough to look me up
enty is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 04:01 PM   #7364
Equus asinus
veteran
 
Equus asinus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,842
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyG-SD View Post
The thing about PTR is that since I moved full time to NL100 its been a lot more accurate. It has 28K hands on me, and I have 35K hands according to my DB. But what is amazing is how inaccurate its been with my winnings. Like my last session was 1K hands, and PTR has about about 400 hands on me for that time, but the winnings is $37 according to PTR vs PT3 and my Cashier of $347.

So in the last three months PTR says I have played 28K hands and won $1400. Over that time I have taken out $6k and my BR is bigger than when I started....so is money just randomly appearing in my account?
[x] thinly veiled brag imo

Equus asinus is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 04:01 PM   #7365
SammyG-SD
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SammyG-SD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Original Bacon MVP
Posts: 12,600
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by enty View Post
that still doesnt allow them to spot people buying hands when tilt is not open and importing them in to pt3/hem.

unless u are suggesting that tilt is monitoring everyone even when the client isn't open in which case i say FUBigBrother

but i thought datamining was possible until july ? you could just observe a table with import running and the HH would be imported right ? they wrote that into their software but at the same time didn't allow it ?
I haven't seen anything running when the client is closed, but when its open it does have active monitoring of your open programs and data traffic.

Yes, until the latest change observed hands were written to a file, now the did away with that. Looking at the hands PTR does have, it seems they use a screen grab for the hands and it does not always capture it correctly. There are a few hands where they have shown 5 aces in the HH, or don't capture the showdown cards when they actually did show down.
SammyG-SD is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 04:02 PM   #7366
KurtSF
Lucky Number Seven
 
KurtSF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 0EV against everyone ... seriously
Posts: 16,471
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Spew View Post
Kurt, my thinking is datamining was against ToC, but never enforced.
Not on tilt. Not back then.
KurtSF is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 04:02 PM   #7367
SammyG-SD
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SammyG-SD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Original Bacon MVP
Posts: 12,600
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus asinus View Post
[x] thinly veiled brag imo

there are many here that put those number to shame, but I have been happy with my results so far.

Spoiler:

Last edited by SammyG-SD; 11-05-2009 at 04:07 PM. Reason: added hot chick for 6900 post.
SammyG-SD is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 04:04 PM   #7368
KurtSF
Lucky Number Seven
 
KurtSF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 0EV against everyone ... seriously
Posts: 16,471
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Sorry, slow responding...

I guess iI can't remember when they changed it.
KurtSF is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 04:04 PM   #7369
SammyG-SD
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SammyG-SD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Original Bacon MVP
Posts: 12,600
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by enty View Post
yeah ptr and winnings = fail
but i really dont care if my ptr is off, it will just confuzzle my opponents who care enough to look me up
the only reason I don't like it, is when I am trying to get coaching gigs. I think Split is the same. People are like "what is your PTR graph"...
SammyG-SD is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 04:04 PM   #7370
enty
say 'what' again
 
enty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: dazed
Posts: 9,914
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyG-SD View Post
there are many here that put those number to shame, but I have been happy with my results so far.
6,900 posts

now doesnt that require a hawt chick covered in spoiler tags ?

nvm.. 6901. u post a lot
enty is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 04:08 PM   #7371
SammyG-SD
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SammyG-SD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Original Bacon MVP
Posts: 12,600
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

fixed
SammyG-SD is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 04:09 PM   #7372
DDAWD
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,879
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Who is that?
DDAWD is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 04:12 PM   #7373
SammyG-SD
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SammyG-SD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Original Bacon MVP
Posts: 12,600
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

I have no idea.
SammyG-SD is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 04:19 PM   #7374
El Nino 1
Pooh-Bah
 
El Nino 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,018
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDAWD View Post
Who is that?
Pretty sure its Nikki Cox from the tv series Las Vegas

Spoiler:

Last edited by El Nino 1; 11-05-2009 at 04:46 PM.
El Nino 1 is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 04:19 PM   #7375
ready 2 win
Pooh-Bah
 
ready 2 win's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,968
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Spew View Post
instacall with kings
Cause you are not allowed to fold KK pre at the Mircos?

Yeah, that is Nikki Cox.
When you creat a new post it the right botton on the task bar
ready 2 win is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive