Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Online No-Limit Hold’em Cash Discussion of no-limit hold’em online cash games of all stakes, including pot-limit and cap games.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2009, 11:29 PM   #6601
El Nino 1
Pooh-Bah
 
El Nino 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,018
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by enty View Post
piece of ivey cash drawings ?

check your email
+1 on this, ive had two random payments of $5 from the Ivey promotion
El Nino 1 is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 12:01 AM   #6602
Superbibi
grinder
 
Superbibi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Team RNG
Posts: 461
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nino 1 View Post
+1 on this, ive had two random payments of $5 from the Ivey promotion
luckbox
Superbibi is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 01:24 AM   #6603
luka allen
veteran
 
luka allen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: setmining 20bb deep
Posts: 2,973
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

fml... just finished a 4.23 hour session (longest this calendar year) and I won at $3.85. I would rather have lost $50 and just signed off after 30 mins.
luka allen is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 01:37 AM   #6604
El Nino 1
Pooh-Bah
 
El Nino 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,018
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by luka allen View Post
fml... just finished a 4.23 hour session (longest this calendar year) and I won at $3.85. I would rather have lost $50 and just signed off after 30 mins.
wow longest session is only 4.23 hours, you need to get a life like me sir and regularly play 10 hour session

actually i guess as your better than me it only takes you 4 hours to win what i make in 10

FML FML FML
El Nino 1 is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 01:51 AM   #6605
MrDrTurtleRick
aka BumbleBeeRick
 
MrDrTurtleRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,963
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Captured a screen of these clowns tonight... they're labelled cause theyve been my opponents,it's the colour I use for SS zombies.

Just love the fact that there's a fullstacker named BAD BULLY there. I guess they're all dying slowly to the rake...

Smallstakes been riddled with shorts tonight but I managed to dodge em and still keep 10-12 decent tables... somehow.

MrDrTurtleRick is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 02:31 AM   #6606
McAvoy
banned
 
McAvoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Apostle of Hope
Posts: 46,476
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

I don't understand how having a table full of short stackers is unprofitable for them. Aren't they happy shoving their range against each other? Why do they need full stacks to be profitable?
McAvoy is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 02:54 AM   #6607
Jackrabbit Slim
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 230
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Ahh, nice feeling to end session thinking you're about break even and seeing +4.5 BI in the cashier.
Jackrabbit Slim is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 03:06 AM   #6608
luka allen
veteran
 
luka allen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: setmining 20bb deep
Posts: 2,973
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit Slim View Post
Ahh, nice feeling to end session thinking you're about break even and seeing +4.5 BI in the cashier.
I can't do that, I have to keep an eye on how the session is going.
luka allen is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 03:19 AM   #6609
Jackrabbit Slim
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 230
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by luka allen View Post
I can't do that, I have to keep an eye on how the session is going.
I used to do that as well, but now I try not to do it as much as possible. Cuts down on my tilt very much not knowing how things are going.
Jackrabbit Slim is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 03:46 AM   #6610
eNots
journeyman
 
eNots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 290
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

anyone here who could help me with some nl10 regs on FTP?

or it´s not necessary to have a look at em?
eNots is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 04:56 AM   #6611
pele02
Pooh-Bah
 
pele02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Folding the nuts to a raise
Posts: 4,531
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

McAvoy you better win the first match in the HU tourney b/c I want REVENGE!

...oh, I just have to beat Notontilt09 in the first round

At least I won back 1 bi of the 2 I was down after 100 hands. Stupid 4bet by me when you had AA, it's not like you are ever folding an OP or a draw there. To much FPS b/c I was totally card dead the entire time.
pele02 is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 06:59 AM   #6612
dagrim1
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,530
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Anyone here thought about playing some more pot limit?

With the shortstacker amounts as high (on 25NL at least) it might be worth a try... Part of their strength is FE by shoving but Pot limit kinda takes that away from them.

I know I accidently played some pot limit in the beginning of my FT time but haven't checked it out lately...

What are the main disadvantages of pot limit, what's the level of play there and what would be reasons for playing it (or not)? (Apart from not being able to shove good draws and overbet...)
dagrim1 is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 07:34 AM   #6613
pele02
Pooh-Bah
 
pele02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Folding the nuts to a raise
Posts: 4,531
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagrim1 View Post
Anyone here thought about playing some more pot limit?

With the shortstacker amounts as high (on 25NL at least) it might be worth a try... Part of their strength is FE by shoving but Pot limit kinda takes that away from them.

I know I accidently played some pot limit in the beginning of my FT time but haven't checked it out lately...

What are the main disadvantages of pot limit, what's the level of play there and what would be reasons for playing it (or not)? (Apart from not being able to shove good draws and overbet...)
biggest is probably that you can't 3bet big enough or shoving draws imo.
pele02 is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 08:20 AM   #6614
enty
say 'what' again
 
enty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: dazed
Posts: 9,914
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAvoy View Post
I don't understand how having a table full of short stackers is unprofitable for them. Aren't they happy shoving their range against each other? Why do they need full stacks to be profitable?
they need fullstacks because they rely on simple mathematics and ranges to force fullstacks to make mistakes.

its very easy for a SSer to play perfect against a fullstack (if he is not a bad SSer) but fullstacks make mistakes more easily because the bulk of their money comes from deep play postflop, and are being put in positions where they need to make a decision early (preflop).

In some cases a fullstack will make a mistake against a SSer because he wants to play a deep pot against a fullstacked fish but didnt see the SSer was in there as well or something similar.

ie. ssers vs ssers does not work for their strategy and they all lose to rake
enty is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 09:48 AM   #6615
devin mac
grinder
 
devin mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 614
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit Slim View Post
I used to do that as well, but now I try not to do it as much as possible. Cuts down on my tilt very much not knowing how things are going.
this
devin mac is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 11:44 AM   #6616
dranger7070
banned
 
dranger7070's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 25nl
Posts: 145
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFlatTheNuts View Post
Is anyone here a reg as low as 10nl? I've been playing there for a few days now and discovered lots and lots of regs, but most are bad. A few are good, and I wondered if any come on here? 10nl regs, show yourselves!
You obviously know me, been on FTP for about a week now. Already got in 18k hands. o.O Soso many terribad regs at 10nl. Like for some of these guys its just sad. Like if cfpahsk, swababa, or nightmoon4 post on here, PLEASE LEARN TO PLAY POKER. These guys are all just 12+ tabling botnits that have terribad winrates. I just don't get how they think they are winning?BTW, I'll just out myself lolz. ZOMGCOOKIES ninja avatar. COME GET SOME!

I obviously just switched over from stars, where I built my BR from $10 last november to the $1100 roll it is today. I recently took a shot at 50nl (at stars) and got kicked in the nuts, moved to 25nl, spewed heavily + runbad = lol20+ BI downswing. Things have been going since moving roll to FTP and playing 10nl. I know I'm insanely overrolled, but for right now I don't really care really. I'm just trying to get back to the basics instead of being a spewmonkey. I suggest not stealing my blinds, as I defend the a ridiculous amount. :P
dranger7070 is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 11:57 AM   #6617
dranger7070
banned
 
dranger7070's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 25nl
Posts: 145
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Will be moving up to 25nl in a couple of weeks hopefully, so look out regs here I come.
dranger7070 is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 12:18 PM   #6618
Strongsville
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,317
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

how much money do you guys lose from just spacing out during grinding? I lose so many buy ins to that. I can even be looking at my screen while 4 tabling and time out.
Strongsville is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 12:37 PM   #6619
MrDrTurtleRick
aka BumbleBeeRick
 
MrDrTurtleRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,963
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAvoy View Post
I don't understand how having a table full of short stackers is unprofitable for them. Aren't they happy shoving their range against each other? Why do they need full stacks to be profitable?
Sooo many reasons. The most obvious being that they need loose fish to call them with a wider range. Also they lose out on situations where they 3b shove and win a bunch of dead money.. because other shortstackers dont cold call preflop raises.
MrDrTurtleRick is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 12:44 PM   #6620
DDAWD
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,879
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dranger7070 View Post
You obviously know me, been on FTP for about a week now. Already got in 18k hands. o.O Soso many terribad regs at 10nl. Like for some of these guys its just sad. Like if cfpahsk, swababa, or nightmoon4 post on here, PLEASE LEARN TO PLAY POKER. These guys are all just 12+ tabling botnits that have terribad winrates. I just don't get how they think they are winning?BTW, I'll just out myself lolz. ZOMGCOOKIES ninja avatar. COME GET SOME!

I obviously just switched over from stars, where I built my BR from $10 last november to the $1100 roll it is today. I recently took a shot at 50nl (at stars) and got kicked in the nuts, moved to 25nl, spewed heavily + runbad = lol20+ BI downswing. Things have been going since moving roll to FTP and playing 10nl. I know I'm insanely overrolled, but for right now I don't really care really. I'm just trying to get back to the basics instead of being a spewmonkey. I suggest not stealing my blinds, as I defend the a ridiculous amount. :P
Hah, those names are familiar. I doubt they post on here, though.

My favorite nit is a guy who has literally never raised preflop. His stats are like 11/0 over 1k hands. He had one hand where he limped and called a raise preflop with pocket aces. He had position on the raiser. Both him and the raiser checked the flop. He called a small turn bet and then shoved the river. Villain had flopped a set, though. I can't imagine that someone who has NEVER raised preflop spends any time on here.
DDAWD is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 12:50 PM   #6621
King Spew
Antici
 
King Spew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: pation
Posts: 13,616
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dranger7070 View Post
Will be moving up to 25nl in a couple of weeks hopefully, so look out regs here I come.
I believe will actually roll out the red carpet for you. I LOVE guys that defend their blinds.
King Spew is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 12:55 PM   #6622
HolyCrap
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 93
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dranger7070 View Post
You obviously know me, been on FTP for about a week now. Already got in 18k hands. o.O Soso many terribad regs at 10nl. Like for some of these guys its just sad. Like if cfpahsk, swababa, or nightmoon4 post on here, PLEASE LEARN TO PLAY POKER. These guys are all just 12+ tabling botnits that have terribad winrates. I just don't get how they think they are winning?BTW, I'll just out myself lolz. ZOMGCOOKIES ninja avatar. COME GET SOME!

I obviously just switched over from stars, where I built my BR from $10 last november to the $1100 roll it is today. I recently took a shot at 50nl (at stars) and got kicked in the nuts, moved to 25nl, spewed heavily + runbad = lol20+ BI downswing. Things have been going since moving roll to FTP and playing 10nl. I know I'm insanely overrolled, but for right now I don't really care really. I'm just trying to get back to the basics instead of being a spewmonkey. I suggest not stealing my blinds, as I defend the a ridiculous amount. :P
LOL, cfpahsk is on nearly every table I play, running about 5/3.

Yeachanee still around (dude must have played 400K hands in two months, though to his credit, he moved from a botnit to a little more aggression), haven't seen him lately?

Seems like the regs have cycled through over the last few months, haven't seen the same ones on the dime that I saw even four weeks ago.

The crazy good run continues, keep the bad players coming . . .
HolyCrap is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 12:56 PM   #6623
DDAWD
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,879
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Spew View Post
I believe will actually roll out the red carpet for you. I LOVE guys that defend their blinds.
Ditto. I credit ESPN for convincing large numbers of people that defending your blinds is a good idea. The best are those who do it by calling and hoping to flop something good.
DDAWD is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 12:59 PM   #6624
Joopjan
veteran
 
Joopjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: I'm fine. Why do you ask?
Posts: 2,996
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

I defend my blinds by calling oop
Joopjan is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 01:05 PM   #6625
enty
say 'what' again
 
enty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: dazed
Posts: 9,914
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

i defend my blinds by building a fort around them
enty is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive