Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Online No-Limit Hold’em Cash Discussion of no-limit hold’em online cash games of all stakes, including pot-limit and cap games.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2009, 06:26 PM   #5376
Pelican86
veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,338
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb coolman View Post
How often does FT run promotions like Take 2?
They've run stuff like Take 2 maybe once or twice a year in slightly different formats. The best bonus they have is the Iron Man mid-year/end-year bonus. That's up to $1200 a year.
Pelican86 is offline  
Old 09-28-2009, 06:37 PM   #5377
maybedinero
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cheshire, UK
Posts: 226
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Down to 25NL ATM, due partly to running like absolute ass all month (my EV line is about $250 above my actual results line) and partly to spewing (I've got the 'aggression' part down pat, but haven't quite got the hang of the 'selective' part yet).

Not sure what everyone's talking about there being good games this weekend. Sunday evening's FT 25NL tables were brim-full of TAGs and sLAGs.
maybedinero is offline  
Old 09-28-2009, 06:43 PM   #5378
SammyG-SD
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SammyG-SD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Original Bacon MVP
Posts: 12,600
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Shoot, why are the games always good when I am not playing...This sux.
SammyG-SD is offline  
Old 09-28-2009, 07:02 PM   #5379
King Spew
Antici
 
King Spew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: pation
Posts: 13,608
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyG-SD View Post
Shoot, why are the games always good when I am not playing...
Personally, I think the games are great when you ARE playing.....
King Spew is offline  
Old 09-28-2009, 07:03 PM   #5380
SammyG-SD
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SammyG-SD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Original Bacon MVP
Posts: 12,600
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Spew View Post
Personally, I think the games are great when you ARE playing.....
ZING!
SammyG-SD is offline  
Old 09-28-2009, 07:04 PM   #5381
DDAWD
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,879
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb coolman View Post
How often does FT run promotions like Take 2?
I don't know what you mean "like" Take 2, but I signed up in March and this is the second time the have had it. The first time maxed out at $25, I believe.. In August, they also had the $100 promotion. I actually made it to $70 on that one.
DDAWD is offline  
Old 09-28-2009, 07:50 PM   #5382
dwalker012
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 783
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Split* View Post
well im obvi not going to sit with that many SSs...ever =)

that being said...more movements like the entire table sitting out need to start happening more...SSs cannot survive unless there are big stacks

(your spot sucks...i just ask if he wants to start a new table and "ditch the shorty crap")
This is so stupid. You can't win anything sitting out. I hate a person sitting out 10 times more than a shorty.

I did not sign up to play a short handed table. A shorty can still win and they are watching you suck your thumb. There are weak shorties so why not exploit them?

They might just be the fish you are letting swim away. smh
dwalker012 is offline  
Old 09-28-2009, 08:17 PM   #5383
King Spew
Antici
 
King Spew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: pation
Posts: 13,608
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

dw,,, I will not write too much here I hope.... you are right, but you are clearly wrong.

A full stacker must adjust so he doesn't leave himself open to the bot-shoving shorts. This adjustment means playing less IO hands as calling pushing shorts with JTs is, to use your word, stupid.

To use your argument, I didn't come here to play only quality hands.

I CAME TO PLAY F#@^$ING POKER.

The B side of the argument goes something like..... dw, no less a player/writer than Ed "The Noted Poker Authority" Miller has stated that even a moron with 20BB can beat a table full of full stacked seasoned veterans. Mr. Miller certainly outlined the adjustments, plus and minuses, ins and outs.... before saying that the game inherently favors a short stacker IN THE LONG RUN.

Now,,,, who has said something that shows little understand of a fairly easy sticky situation? You know,,,,,,, said something stupid.

Personally, until the table BIs change, I advocate sitting out (not leaving) if a table has more than 4 shorts. And saying why in chat. Others have started to do the same on the 400NL tables with me and....it is having an effect. SEVERAL of the pro shorts insta-leave.
King Spew is offline  
Old 09-28-2009, 08:23 PM   #5384
brocksavage1
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
brocksavage1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mirage Race & Sports Book
Posts: 12,583
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalker012 View Post
This is so stupid. You can't win anything sitting out. I hate a person sitting out 10 times more than a shorty.

I did not sign up to play a short handed table. A shorty can still win and they are watching you suck your thumb. There are weak shorties so why not exploit them?

They might just be the fish you are letting swim away. smh
lolz...... guise like you crack me up. Short stack poker is not real poker. I wish online games ended up like live games where people ended deep stacked quickly for a couple of reasons.

1) The game is more interesting and deeper thinking needs to go into each decision.

2) The average person has no idea how to play deep stacked poker effectively.
brocksavage1 is offline  
Old 09-28-2009, 08:37 PM   #5385
murderturtle
banned
 
murderturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The beach
Posts: 113
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Spew View Post
Personally, until the table BIs change, I advocate sitting out (not leaving) if a table has more than 4 shorts. And saying why in chat. Others have started to do the same on the 400NL tables with me and....it is having an effect. SEVERAL of the pro shorts insta-leave.
+ This

I am so sick of zombieshorties ruining tables. They're like fkn cockroaches.
The only relief I get is when I read "I WUZ BANNED" threads and it's a "shortstack strategist" who was banned for botlike behaviour. It's like a sick epidemic of people who are willing to play lots of hands but unwilling to learn how to play poker or do any real thinking.. do they come from WoW? Who knows. All I know is that they are forever increasing in number.
I 12 table so I.. have to add new tables.. but instead of leaving shortstack infested waters I just sit out there n throw it off to the side. If it's their mission to annoy the fk out of me and ruin my games then I will do the same by hogging up seats.. n contributing to their blinds demise.
murderturtle is offline  
Old 09-28-2009, 08:43 PM   #5386
murderturtle
banned
 
murderturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The beach
Posts: 113
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalker012 View Post
There are weak shorties so why not exploit them?

They might just be the fish you are letting swim away. smh
The bottomline is I don't want to spend half of my play on exploiting weak shortstackers.. but tbh how are is a bot shortstacker going to be weak? It's not like they have a highly variable strategy n get into a lot of spots...... we're not talking about a spewtard fish with a small stack. we're talking about 16 tabling fold/shovers. How are they gonna be "weak" when they follow a simple chart of hands and instructions a bot can follow.

Either way, exploiting them is a minimal contribution to winrate as opposed to playing with weaker fullstacks.

It's like saying "hey, why dont you go do this thing which will earn you a hell of a lot more money and stop complaining!"... also, they ruin the game for regs as well as fish.
murderturtle is offline  
Old 09-28-2009, 08:44 PM   #5387
King Spew
Antici
 
King Spew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: pation
Posts: 13,608
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by murderturtle View Post
+ This
but instead of leaving shortstack infested waters I just sit out there n throw it off to the side. If it's their mission to annoy the fk out of me and ruin my games then I will do the same by hogging up seats...
I'm sure this is what dw meant to post about the best way to adjust....
King Spew is offline  
Old 09-28-2009, 09:08 PM   #5388
McAvoy
banned
 
McAvoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Apostle of Hope
Posts: 46,476
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

I've got a question for you guys. At FT poker, I notice there are at least twice as many SSers as there was at PS. However I found at PS that the SSers actually knew SS strategy.

I find at FT that they aren't true SSers, aka playing SS strategy, they are just morans buying in short. aka 90% of the SSers on Stars are playing a 10/8 with a 3b shove %. Whereas at last 50% of the SSrs at FT are trying to play regular poker buying in short.

It still screws up the game to a degree but not as bad as you guys make it out to be. That being said, I still table select like crazy.
McAvoy is offline  
Old 09-28-2009, 09:13 PM   #5389
murderturtle
banned
 
murderturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The beach
Posts: 113
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAvoy View Post
I've got a question for you guys. At FT poker, I notice there are at least twice as many SSers as there was at PS. However I found at PS that the SSers actually knew SS strategy.

I find at FT that they aren't true SSers, aka playing SS strategy, they are just morans buying in short. aka 90% of the SSers on Stars are playing a 10/8 with a 3b shove %. Whereas at last 50% of the SSrs at FT are trying to play regular poker buying in short.

It still screws up the game to a degree but not as bad as you guys make it out to be. That being said, I still table select like crazy.
I am talking about ss's with 3-10 vpip... well more like 3-8, guarantee you I can find at least 16 tables at nl50 right now with 4 of them.. I play nl100 now and it is getting worse around small stakes.

I don't know what stakes you are referring to.
murderturtle is offline  
Old 09-28-2009, 10:43 PM   #5390
King Spew
Antici
 
King Spew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: pation
Posts: 13,608
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAvoy View Post
I've got a question for you guys. At FT poker, I notice there are at least twice as many SSers as there was at PS. However I found at PS that the SSers actually knew SS strategy.

I find at FT that they aren't true SSers, aka playing SS strategy, they are just morans buying in short. aka 90% of the SSers on Stars are playing a 10/8 with a 3b shove %. Whereas at last 50% of the SSrs at FT are trying to play regular poker buying in short.

It still screws up the game to a degree but not as bad as you guys make it out to be. That being said, I still table select like crazy.
Perhaps....and this is just a possibility....... they are actually adjusting.
King Spew is offline  
Old 09-28-2009, 11:54 PM   #5391
Fermion5
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Fermion5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Michael Huemer & Larken Rose
Posts: 8,381
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joopjan View Post
250k guarenteed for 5k ft points coming up in 3 weeks. Only 12k spots so it will probably max out. Make sure to register early
Quote:
can someone tell me how to find this in the lobby? i must be an idiot...
can anyone help me?
Fermion5 is offline  
Old 09-28-2009, 11:58 PM   #5392
kb coolman
Pooh-Bah
 
kb coolman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: must...not...feed...trolls
Posts: 5,452
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtSF View Post
Orbital mind control lasers.

Or a quick scan of your PC, which you agreed to in the terms and condidtions, to check for PTR cookies.
So is it against their T&C to use the table finder, or buy data mined hands, or both? I know it's specifically against Stars T&C to use PTR while you are at the tables.

In any case, just find and delete the PTR cookie. Problem solved.
kb coolman is offline  
Old 09-29-2009, 12:18 AM   #5393
McAvoy
banned
 
McAvoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Apostle of Hope
Posts: 46,476
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by murderturtle View Post
I am talking about ss's with 3-10 vpip... well more like 3-8, guarantee you I can find at least 16 tables at nl50 right now with 4 of them.. I play nl100 now and it is getting worse around small stakes.

I don't know what stakes you are referring to.
I find the problem is worse at 50nl than at 25nl. However at 25nl, I find there are more true SSers than 50nl. At 50, I just find there are so many donks that think they can play poker with $10.

I just find that over many of the SSers at FT have a VPIP > 10.
McAvoy is offline  
Old 09-29-2009, 12:27 AM   #5394
El Nino 1
Pooh-Bah
 
El Nino 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,018
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermion5 View Post
can anyone help me?
Search for tournament number - 109212180 and you will have found the tournament. I presume you know how to do this but if you dont its under Requests/Find Tournament by ID

El Nino 1 is offline  
Old 09-29-2009, 01:09 AM   #5395
skip8118
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 451
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by murderturtle View Post
I am talking about ss's with 3-10 vpip... well more like 3-8, guarantee you I can find at least 16 tables at nl50 right now with 4 of them.. I play nl100 now and it is getting worse around small stakes.

I don't know what stakes you are referring to.
They are so easy to deal with 50bb+ tables...or just keep stealing their blinds. If the table gets infested with them just leave whats the difference then some 100nl players playing 10/8 styles full buyin? They are both hard to get money from but like every player just adjust to how they are playing
skip8118 is offline  
Old 09-29-2009, 02:16 AM   #5396
murderturtle
banned
 
murderturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The beach
Posts: 113
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip8118 View Post
They are so easy to deal with 50bb+ tables...or just keep stealing their blinds. If the table gets infested with them just leave whats the difference then some 100nl players playing 10/8 styles full buyin? They are both hard to get money from but like every player just adjust to how they are playing
The difference is that they overshove and make you unable to play pots with suckers. among other things. 100bb's dont overshove and they call to fold on flop more.. aggro play vs 100bb meganits is more profitable. They have stacks you can cbet bluff and doublebarrel..

Yea, keep stealing their blinds for minimum profit. great, got it. I'm not sure you fully comprehend the impact/dynamics change they have judging by your statement. It's a blatant thorn in my sides or any high volume reg here whichever way you spin it. They're liek dynamite just sitting around waiting to randomly explode shove 20bb allin and instakill all potential action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAvoy View Post
I find the problem is worse at 50nl than at 25nl. However at 25nl, I find there are more true SSers than 50nl. At 50, I just find there are so many donks that think they can play poker with $10.

I just find that over many of the SSers at FT have a VPIP > 10.
Spewy fish with random 10 to 50bb stacks don't bother me. I label all the SSbots, i have labels on thousands of players so when I open the lobby I can see them VERY comprehensively. .I see a hell of a lot <10vpips who multitable and end up on several of my 12.

There's more at nl100, and even more at nl200 and trust me.. they're not 10vpip+ The majority are playing true to a chart n strat they've copied. It gets worse the higher you play and it's already bad enough at the higher end micros.

I doubt it's a problem if you don't play many tables. You can always find 1-4 decent tables with no shortstackers. Just the same way as you can find 12-16 tables with a lot of <VPIP botmode ss's.

Last edited by murderturtle; 09-29-2009 at 02:40 AM.
murderturtle is offline  
Old 09-29-2009, 02:57 AM   #5397
skip8118
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 451
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by murderturtle View Post
The difference is that they overshove and make you unable to play pots with suckers. among other things. 100bb's dont overshove and they call to fold on flop more.. aggro play vs 100bb meganits is more profitable. They have stacks you can cbet bluff and doublebarrel..

Yea, keep stealing their blinds for minimum profit. great, got it. I'm not sure you fully comprehend the impact/dynamics change they have judging by your statement. It's a blatant thorn in my sides or any high volume reg here whichever way you spin it. They're liek dynamite just sitting around waiting to randomly explode shove 20bb allin and instakill all potential action.



Spewy fish with random 10 to 50bb stacks don't bother me. I label all the SSbots, i have labels on thousands of players so when I open the lobby I can see them VERY comprehensively. .I see a hell of a lot <10vpips who multitable and end up on several of my 12.

There's more at nl100, and even more at nl200 and trust me.. they're not 10vpip+ The majority are playing true to a chart n strat they've copied. It gets worse the higher you play and it's already bad enough at the higher end micros.

I doubt it's a problem if you don't play many tables. You can always find 1-4 decent tables with no shortstackers. Just the same way as you can find 12-16 tables with a lot of <VPIP botmode ss's.
So instead you want to play a complete lag game isolating the fish with free reign? I hate shorties but they are free money at the micros, adapt to them.

Yep ill keep stealing their blinds, when they adjust and start 3betting/pushing lighter ill adjust and pretty much they dont adjust fast enough. Theres no difference here then some 3betting maniac to your left because even 100bbs deep you shouldnt be making the call. While the difference in money has different potentials its just a table you need to adjust accordingly.

When my table fills up with 4 shorties or 4 100bb nits i'll leave...either way chances are you are not going to get a significant amount off either unless you cooler them
skip8118 is offline  
Old 09-29-2009, 04:34 AM   #5398
El Nino 1
Pooh-Bah
 
El Nino 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,018
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

[x] Hero likes getting it in as a 93% favorite
[ ] Hero runs good
[x] Hero cant wait for September to finish, bring on October

Full Tilt Poker $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 2 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

BTN/SB: $53.65
Hero (BB): $50.00

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with A A
BTN/SB calls $0.25, Hero raises to $2.25, BTN/SB raises to $53.65 all in, Hero calls $47.75 all in

Flop: ($100.00) T K Q

Turn: ($100.00) 8

River: ($100.00) 5

Final Pot: $100.00
BTN/SB shows A J (a straight, Ace high)
Hero shows A A (a pair of Aces)
BTN/SB wins $99.50
(Rake: $0.50)
El Nino 1 is offline  
Old 09-29-2009, 05:04 AM   #5399
TimTamBiscuit
veteran
 
TimTamBiscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: cRUSHed!!!!!!
Posts: 2,134
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nino 1 View Post
[x] Hero likes getting it in as a 93% favorite
[ ] Hero runs good
[x] Hero cant wait for September to finish, bring on October

Full Tilt Poker $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 2 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

BTN/SB: $53.65
Hero (BB): $50.00

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with A A
BTN/SB calls $0.25, Hero raises to $2.25, BTN/SB raises to $53.65 all in, Hero calls $47.75 all in

Flop: ($100.00) T K Q

Turn: ($100.00) 8

River: ($100.00) 5

Final Pot: $100.00
BTN/SB shows A J (a straight, Ace high)
Hero shows A A (a pair of Aces)
BTN/SB wins $99.50
(Rake: $0.50)
[x] Cruel
[x] Fold pre-flop to always avoid bad beats
[ ] Prayed to Poker Gods before clicking all-in
TimTamBiscuit is offline  
Old 09-29-2009, 05:13 AM   #5400
pele02
Pooh-Bah
 
pele02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Folding the nuts to a raise
Posts: 4,531
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

More evidence that 50NL is ****ed up
pele02 is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive