Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Online No-Limit Hold’em Cash Discussion of no-limit hold’em online cash games of all stakes, including pot-limit and cap games.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2009, 03:08 PM   #5226
EN09
Pooh-Bah
 
EN09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Buncha savages in this town.
Posts: 4,271
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Spew View Post
As a side note..... I really can't recommend PSC except in the short term. It works OK (not perfect) now, but support will not be there in the future. I think with the next FTP update, I will be forced to switch to TableNinjaFT
agreed... i finally gave up on PSC too once the developer gave up, and went 'open source' with it. i'm primarily on ftp and use ninja. i don't have any special needs or demands so it works out well for me. auto sit/BI/blinds and get my bets into the correct box.
EN09 is offline  
Old 09-24-2009, 03:12 PM   #5227
JLBorloo
Pooh-Bah
 
JLBorloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: think global, bang local.
Posts: 5,222
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by EN09 View Post
agreed... i finally gave up on PSC too once the developer gave up, and went 'open source' with it. i'm primarily on ftp and use ninja. i don't have any special needs or demands so it works out well for me. auto sit/BI/blinds and get my bets into the correct box.
do you have a table mod for multitabling ?
JLBorloo is offline  
Old 09-24-2009, 03:22 PM   #5228
EN09
Pooh-Bah
 
EN09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Buncha savages in this town.
Posts: 4,271
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLBorloo View Post
do you have a table mod for multitabling ?
not now... i gave up on them during the intitial FTP hourly "upgrades" lol
EN09 is offline  
Old 09-24-2009, 03:44 PM   #5229
devin mac
grinder
 
devin mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 614
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtSF View Post
then the deep tables become the predominate table in the lobby not the shallows, and the casual players will be playing on deeps not shalows.



Besides the fallacy that 2p2ers are homogeneously good at poker, you're missing the entire effect of what would happen if everyone played the deep tables. Fish just join whatever table they find open first. If there were 27 deep tables running and 9 shallows full of korean shorties, you'll have 3/4 of the fish on deep tables.

well, i know it's not true that all 2P2ers are poker gods, i like to think they generally are probably a bit better than the rest of the population.

another thing, thogh, is that 2+2ers are a small segment of the population, tiny actually, percentagewise, compared to the number of people on FT. unfortunately, we're not ever going to be "everyone"

that said, i take it back. it's a good idea, i just know that the majority of fish probably don't play the deepstack tables, if they can get on a reg table. though, taht said, the real fish don't give a rats ass and sit wherever is open. so.... moot point, perhaps? :-)
devin mac is offline  
Old 09-24-2009, 03:48 PM   #5230
KurtSF
Lucky Number Seven
 
KurtSF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 0EV against everyone ... seriously
Posts: 16,471
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

In my ideal world there would be (in addition to rainbows and sunshine and naked ladies with large chests) just the cap tables for the shorties to fight it out on, and the rest of the "regular" tables are all 50-200bb buyin.
KurtSF is offline  
Old 09-24-2009, 03:55 PM   #5231
Superbibi
grinder
 
Superbibi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Team RNG
Posts: 461
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by EN09 View Post
in reality i am a nit tho and am working on opening up more from the HJ in and go back and watch Splits SLag vid on stox about every other day or so to keep me in a good frame of mind to play. all advice is appreciated and welcomed too!
Do a sweat session with me, I can help you on opening up your game
Superbibi is offline  
Old 09-24-2009, 04:17 PM   #5232
HappyPixel
Pooh-Bah
 
HappyPixel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bristol
Posts: 5,586
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

there's some good discussion about the SS problem in the SSFR FTP reg thread... one of the things that has been suggested is having 10-40bb "short" tables, 50-100bb "standard" tables and 100-200bb ante tables - this would be pretty much ideal imo

but you can't just ignore the problem and say "learn to adjust to shorties" or "table select better" because as you move up it becomes a huge problem and there's not a whole lot you can do... at 200NL finding a non-deep table with less than 4-5 shorties can be pretty difficult and it only gets worse as you move into midstakes
HappyPixel is offline  
Old 09-24-2009, 04:27 PM   #5233
springsteen87
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
springsteen87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 8,998
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

King Spew, to be clear, your post is referring to the program POKER SHORTCUTS that JLborloo linked? TY for the tips, 2 stacks (separated by client) is just as doable for me
springsteen87 is offline  
Old 09-24-2009, 05:39 PM   #5234
ready 2 win
Pooh-Bah
 
ready 2 win's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,968
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

I would love 200bb tables with antes. No short stacker scums and the antes would def help to loose up the games IMO.

But after I heared how long it took until FTP introduce the cash games filter I am afraid we could wait at least 2 years until we get antes tables
ready 2 win is offline  
Old 09-24-2009, 05:57 PM   #5235
El Nino 1
Pooh-Bah
 
El Nino 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,018
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

you guys dont need ante tables, just search me on FTP and let me flop TP there is no way im folding it lately so you can valuetown the **** out of me

Just happy that i can give back to the FT regs in a positive way
El Nino 1 is offline  
Old 09-24-2009, 06:58 PM   #5236
King Spew
Antici
 
King Spew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: pation
Posts: 13,624
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyPixel View Post
there's some good discussion about the SS problem in the SSFR FTP reg thread... one of the things that has been suggested is having 10-40bb "short" tables, 50-100bb "standard" tables and 100-200bb ante tables - this would be pretty much ideal imo

but you can't just ignore the problem and say "learn to adjust to shorties" or "table select better" because as you move up it becomes a huge problem and there's not a whole lot you can do... at 200NL finding a non-deep table with less than 4-5 shorties can be pretty difficult and it only gets worse as you move into midstakes
The discuss is really in the Internet Poker forum under ftp 9/22 answers threads. And has much more info than the SSFR thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by springsteen87 View Post
King Spew, to be clear, your post is referring to the program POKER SHORTCUTS that JLborloo linked? TY for the tips, 2 stacks (separated by client) is just as doable for me
PokerShortcuts by nanochip
King Spew is offline  
Old 09-24-2009, 08:14 PM   #5237
TimTamBiscuit
veteran
 
TimTamBiscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: cRUSHed!!!!!!
Posts: 2,134
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by EN09 View Post
as for the flop fold of the AA is all i can say these two were goofballs and on my list... if i were HU i'd have played differently. as it was with the two of them in the hand and me in the middle, i felt this board connected in many ways with one or both of them, sets, 2 pr hands, etc... certainly it is a tight-nitty-assed fold for sure, but with the board and the types of players they were, who would only flat preflop then get active on this flop told me i was in a race or behind at the time. i can go back over the past week of sessions and pull out similar AA hands (that i've reviewed) and see where i've stacked off at least 5 BI's needlessly with the OMGitsACES!!!!SHIPIT!!! attitude.

my goals at fiddy are to get through it as quickly as possible and grind hard at 100NL. if it weren't for the overpair stackings, i'd be more than halfway there.

maybe it's a bad fold mathematically, but it's what my gut told me and i've lost count of the times i felt behind when i shipped it in - then lost anyway.
I think your missing the point. There were 2 potential decision points. To continue to pat yourself on the back because you had ESP about MP2 is bad poker thinking.

The decision you faced was after the SB donked (TP) and with MP2 (set) still to act and Call >> Fold >>>> Shove. You definitely made a bad Fold but a shove would have been terribad.

After MP2 shoves, it is an easy Fold for you. Fold>>>> Call/Shove
TimTamBiscuit is offline  
Old 09-24-2009, 08:39 PM   #5238
EN09
Pooh-Bah
 
EN09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Buncha savages in this town.
Posts: 4,271
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTamBiscuit View Post
I think your missing the point. There were 2 potential decision points. To continue to pat yourself on the back because you had ESP about MP2 is bad poker thinking.

The decision you faced was after the SB donked (TP) and with MP2 (set) still to act and Call >> Fold >>>> Shove. You definitely made a bad Fold but a shove would have been terribad.

After MP2 shoves, it is an easy Fold for you. Fold>>>> Call/Shove
k. ty.
EN09 is offline  
Old 09-24-2009, 08:48 PM   #5239
SammyG-SD
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SammyG-SD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Original Bacon MVP
Posts: 12,600
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

I need a volunteer, of a struggling NL10 or NL25 player who wouldn't mind getting a coaching session that will be taped and put on the interwebs.....Not you McCavoy, you are too good, and yes I know I owe you the handhistories.
SammyG-SD is offline  
Old 09-24-2009, 08:50 PM   #5240
EN09
Pooh-Bah
 
EN09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Buncha savages in this town.
Posts: 4,271
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyG-SD View Post
I need a volunteer, of a struggling NL10 or NL25 player who wouldn't mind getting a coaching session that will be taped and put on the interwebs.....Not you McCavoy, you are too good, and yes I know I owe you the handhistories.
i fold aces at da fiddy... do i count???
EN09 is offline  
Old 09-24-2009, 08:53 PM   #5241
Jackrabbit Slim
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 230
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

I'm assuming one of you guys are endlesshail? Just wanted to say that I despise you. That is all.
Jackrabbit Slim is offline  
Old 09-24-2009, 08:53 PM   #5242
Equus asinus
veteran
 
Equus asinus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,842
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Can I pretend to be a struggling NL10 or 25 player??? You gonna advance to struggling 50 players? haha
Equus asinus is offline  
Old 09-24-2009, 08:54 PM   #5243
SammyG-SD
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SammyG-SD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Original Bacon MVP
Posts: 12,600
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by EN09 View Post
i fold aces at da fiddy... do i count???
haven't been following the HH, but we ALL make bad folds/calls/spews..I want the player who really feels lost about it....
SammyG-SD is offline  
Old 09-24-2009, 08:55 PM   #5244
SammyG-SD
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SammyG-SD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Original Bacon MVP
Posts: 12,600
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus asinus View Post
Can I pretend to be a struggling NL10 or 25 player??? You gonna advance to struggling 50 players? haha
I feel if I coach at NL50.....that I would advice someone gets knn, RE or split before they go bottom feeding with me.
SammyG-SD is offline  
Old 09-24-2009, 09:42 PM   #5245
McAvoy
banned
 
McAvoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Apostle of Hope
Posts: 46,476
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyG-SD View Post
I need a volunteer, of a struggling NL10 or NL25 player who wouldn't mind getting a coaching session that will be taped and put on the interwebs.....Not you McCavoy, you are too good, and yes I know I owe you the handhistories.
lol np Sammy (no rush on those HH's either)
McAvoy is offline  
Old 09-24-2009, 10:58 PM   #5246
KurtSF
Lucky Number Seven
 
KurtSF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 0EV against everyone ... seriously
Posts: 16,471
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

I like to pretend I am good at poker, but my results say I am a struggling 25nl player.

???
KurtSF is offline  
Old 09-24-2009, 11:19 PM   #5247
DDAWD
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,879
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Incidentally, there's a video on the Full Tilt Academy where Alan Cunningham has pocket aces and sniffs out that he is beat by Phil Ivey. He goes through his thinking and why he laid his aces down on the river. He found out on TV later that his thinking was right and that Ivey had a set.
DDAWD is offline  
Old 09-25-2009, 01:03 AM   #5248
Pelican86
veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,338
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

I felt like I had to call with QQ vs. an unknown shorty, then I cringed when two other players called, and I cringed even more when the Ace came on the flop. I couldn't believe what the two non-SS villains showed up with.

Full Tilt Poker $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

CO: $25.46
BTN: $23.27
SB: $4.00
BB: $5.00
Hero (UTG): $25.41
UTG+1: $19.52
UTG+2: $24.82
MP1: $23.90
MP2: $5.13

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is UTG with Q Q
Hero raises to $1, UTG+1 calls $1, 4 folds, BTN calls $1, SB raises to $4 all in, 1 fold, Hero calls $3, UTG+1 calls $3, BTN requests TIME, BTN calls $3

Flop: ($16.25) A 5 J (4 players - 1 is all in)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($16.25) 7 (4 players - 1 is all in)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, BTN checks

River: ($16.25) 7 (4 players - 1 is all in)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, BTN checks

Spoiler:
Pelican86 is offline  
Old 09-25-2009, 02:11 AM   #5249
El Nino 1
Pooh-Bah
 
El Nino 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,018
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelican86 View Post
I felt like I had to call with QQ vs. an unknown shorty, then I cringed when two other players called, and I cringed even more when the Ace came on the flop. I couldn't believe what the two non-SS villains showed up with.

Full Tilt Poker $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

CO: $25.46
BTN: $23.27
SB: $4.00
BB: $5.00
Hero (UTG): $25.41
UTG+1: $19.52
UTG+2: $24.82
MP1: $23.90
MP2: $5.13

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is UTG with Q Q
Hero raises to $1, UTG+1 calls $1, 4 folds, BTN calls $1, SB raises to $4 all in, 1 fold, Hero calls $3, UTG+1 calls $3, BTN requests TIME, BTN calls $3

Flop: ($16.25) A 5 J (4 players - 1 is all in)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($16.25) 7 (4 players - 1 is all in)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, BTN checks

River: ($16.25) 7 (4 players - 1 is all in)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, BTN checks

Spoiler:
Does anyone else think that Hero can get a small bet in here on the river to get paid from a Jx hand or some random hand like 99 or TT ?
El Nino 1 is offline  
Old 09-25-2009, 02:17 AM   #5250
Equus asinus
veteran
 
Equus asinus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,842
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Alternate life choice bet FTW!!!!
Equus asinus is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive