Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Online No-Limit Hold’em Cash Discussion of no-limit hold’em online cash games of all stakes, including pot-limit and cap games.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2009, 03:06 PM   #1451
mersenneary
Food = Love
 
mersenneary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: I'm with you in stockland
Posts: 12,187
Re: ****May LC Thread****NSFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRy View Post
Have you played more than 325 games in a month or do you play somewhere besides FTP?
My last three months have been in the 1k range or a little below on FTP. If you're 3-tabling, 8 hours a day with no days off gets to 2k pretty easily. Just like a 9-5 that requires some overtime really. Methinks you've been playing too high where the action is too scarce to think about this
mersenneary is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 03:07 PM   #1452
TGSM89
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TGSM89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 8,492
Re: ****May LC Thread****NSFW

sick of HU shootout tournaments.. You win 2 games then get a cooler or lose 2 flips when blinds are 40/80...

AQ<K7

FTL

still on a bit of a heater though
TGSM89 is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 03:15 PM   #1453
TNixon
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: sexing your goat cuz evry1's solid
Posts: 5,720
Re: ****May LC Thread****NSFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRy View Post
Have you played more than 325 games in a month or do you play somewhere besides FTP?
Pretty sure I could do 2k in a month.

I couldn't even consider doing a prop bet on it until after July though, since I'm in vegas 2 weeks in june and (hopefully) 2 weeks in july.

TNixon is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 03:18 PM   #1454
TakeHerOnACruise
veteran
 
TakeHerOnACruise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: i pluck your feathers
Posts: 3,253
Re: ****May LC Thread****NSFW

i just won a no blind increase on stars

$11

biggest joke ever though dude just folded everyhand and i just 3x'd

wasn't even close to poker
TakeHerOnACruise is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 03:23 PM   #1455
ChicagoRy
 
ChicagoRy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: ColoradoRy
Posts: 20,494
Re: ****May LC Thread****NSFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mersenneary View Post
My last three months have been in the 1k range or a little below on FTP. If you're 3-tabling, 8 hours a day with no days off gets to 2k pretty easily. Just like a 9-5 that requires some overtime really. Methinks you've been playing too high where the action is too scarce to think about this
Definitely not, just playing 110s sporadically lately.

I just didn't see you play more than 325 games or so on your FTP name, so didn't know if you played on multiple sites.

Sure, 2k games is doable, but do you know any profitable husng players that 3 table their regular buyin for 8 hours a day, no days off?

I'm sure there are people that can/will do this, it's just not that easy or regular or else somebody would have done this by now.

Maybe some have on FTP, since games are so much faster, but find me a player on Stars that has done this. Obviously if it were so easy somebody would have done it by now, at least a few of the winning players has to not be a lazy ****er.
ChicagoRy is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 03:27 PM   #1456
TakeHerOnACruise
veteran
 
TakeHerOnACruise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: i pluck your feathers
Posts: 3,253
Re: ****May LC Thread****NSFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRy View Post

Sure, 2k games is doable, but do you know any profitable husng players that 3 table their regular buyin for 8 hours a day, no days off?

rogabee on FT 4 tables reg speed $50's

doubt he does it for 8 hours but he puts in a lot of volume
TakeHerOnACruise is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 03:31 PM   #1457
mersenneary
Food = Love
 
mersenneary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: I'm with you in stockland
Posts: 12,187
Re: ****May LC Thread****NSFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRy View Post
Definitely not, just playing 110s sporadically lately.

I just didn't see you play more than 325 games or so on your FTP name, so didn't know if you played on multiple sites.

Sure, 2k games is doable, but do you know any profitable husng players that 3 table their regular buyin for 8 hours a day, no days off?

I'm sure there are people that can/will do this, it's just not that easy or regular or else somebody would have done this by now.

Maybe some have on FTP, since games are so much faster, but find me a player on Stars that has done this. Obviously if it were so easy somebody would have done it by now, at least a few of the winning players has to not be a lazy ****er.
ss me last 3 months on FTP filter heads up and you'll find 2.5k games. That's going to school full time not to mention the full time gf. A 2k month is really not that big of a deal and I expect I'll be around 1.5k in June.

As far as prop bets go (see BBV), this is a pretty easy one. If there were substantial side action it would be a walk in the park.
mersenneary is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 03:34 PM   #1458
Radeh
Pooh-Bah
 
Radeh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In your head, eating your brain...
Posts: 3,854
Re: ****May LC Thread****NSFW

Playing 2k games/month would probably end up in me quitting poker for 6mo.

Radeh is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 03:34 PM   #1459
All_or_Nothing
Pooh-Bah
 
All_or_Nothing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Swing trading my last shirt!:P
Posts: 4,736
Re: ****May LC Thread****NSFW

Quote:
rogabee on FT 4 tables reg speed $50's

doubt he does it for 8 hours but he puts in a lot of volume
If you see him playing, sit him if you can. Playing him is easier than playing fish because he plays so ABC std and it's easy to exploit. I'm not sure how good he is though when he just 1/2 tables...
All_or_Nothing is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 03:36 PM   #1460
ChicagoRy
 
ChicagoRy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: ColoradoRy
Posts: 20,494
Re: ****May LC Thread****NSFW

Certainly, you can do anything with 8 hours of time if the money is right.

Tougher to do it profitably, but yea.

Anyways, those are FTP turbos, Stars turbos would put a 1500 game month on FTP at under 1000 games for Stars.

Again, still doable, but not a walk in the park or SOMEBODY on Stars would've done it by now (maybe somebody I don't know has?).
ChicagoRy is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 03:36 PM   #1461
mersenneary
Food = Love
 
mersenneary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: I'm with you in stockland
Posts: 12,187
Re: ****May LC Thread****NSFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_or_Nothing View Post
If you see him playing, sit him if you can. Playing him is easier than playing fish because he plays so ABC std and it's easy to exploit. I'm not sure how good he is though when he just 1/2 tables...
I agree that he's mega-ABC and that it's exploitable but I really don't think your edge is bigger against him than a random.
mersenneary is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 03:39 PM   #1462
TNixon
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: sexing your goat cuz evry1's solid
Posts: 5,720
Re: ****May LC Thread****NSFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mersenneary View Post
As far as prop bets go (see BBV), this is a pretty easy one. If there were substantial side action it would be a walk in the park.
Agreed.

I don't even think I'd have to switch to turbos to do it, although I'd probably add the 4th table when I'm playing at home. (when I play from work, with 2 monitors, I add a 4th table a lot. when I play from home, I just 3 table, just because of screen real estate. I don't like shrinking the tables, and it's pretty inconvenient and annoying to futz around with the lobby whenever a game ends, because there's usually a running game in front of it.)
TNixon is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 03:40 PM   #1463
mersenneary
Food = Love
 
mersenneary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: I'm with you in stockland
Posts: 12,187
Re: ****May LC Thread****NSFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRy View Post
Certainly, you can do anything with 8 hours of time if the money is right.

Tougher to do it profitably, but yea.

Anyways, those are FTP turbos, Stars turbos would put a 1500 game month on FTP at under 1000 games for Stars.

Again, still doable, but not a walk in the park or SOMEBODY on Stars would've done it by now (maybe somebody I don't know has?).
I play reg speeds on FTP btw.

I think you underestimate some people's mental stamina. I don't think mine is out of the ordinary and long sessions are not really draining at all for me. I've wished I had the time to play more every month this year.
mersenneary is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 03:46 PM   #1464
ChicagoRy
 
ChicagoRy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: ColoradoRy
Posts: 20,494
Re: ****May LC Thread****NSFW

I'm just wondering why nobody has done it on Stars as far as I can tell.

Dibasio seems to play 24/7 and he's hit 1800 twice from what I can tell.

If he played a little lower I'm sure he'd of hit 2,000, but that guy is a machine and he prints money (probably easier to play 2k games in a month if you're having 30-40k months before rakeback like him).

Are the guys on Stars just lazy?

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you here, I'm just at a loss to explain how it can be easy yet nobody has done it on Stars.
ChicagoRy is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 03:50 PM   #1465
mersenneary
Food = Love
 
mersenneary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: I'm with you in stockland
Posts: 12,187
Re: ****May LC Thread****NSFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRy View Post
I'm just wondering why nobody has done it on Stars as far as I can tell.

Dibasio seems to play 24/7 and he's hit 1800 twice from what I can tell.

If he played a little lower I'm sure he'd of hit 2,000, but that guy is a machine and he prints money (probably easier to play 2k games in a month if you're having 30-40k months before rakeback like him).

Are the guys on Stars just lazy?

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you here, I'm just at a loss to explain how it can be easy yet nobody has done it on Stars.
Stars' structure is slower, which hurts. Not having a rematch button until recently, still not having an "I'm ready" button as I understand it also contribute to lower volume. But I think most of it is that 2k games is just one step beyond comfort level. Not so much that it wouldn't be a relatively easy prop bet but not so little that people do it just because they like poker.
mersenneary is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 03:57 PM   #1466
ChicagoRy
 
ChicagoRy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: ColoradoRy
Posts: 20,494
Re: ****May LC Thread****NSFW

That makes a little more sense, though several regulars I've talked to that have done 1500 games mentioned that they did it just b/c it was a goal of their's and would never try it again.

I guess for the people with better stamina, what you say makes good sense. I definitely wouldn't prop bet anybody on 2k games on FTP and on Stars it would have depend on the person. 3k games on Stars would be interesting, however.
ChicagoRy is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 03:57 PM   #1467
TNixon
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: sexing your goat cuz evry1's solid
Posts: 5,720
Re: ****May LC Thread****NSFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mersenneary View Post
Stars' structure is slower, which hurts.
Stars turbos are very comparable to FT regulars for the first 12-15 mins. After that, stars turbo blinds shoot past FT regulars pretty quickly.
TNixon is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 03:57 PM   #1468
jmakin
DoorDash Balla
 
jmakin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Streaming
Posts: 29,807
Re: ****May LC Thread****NSFW


first 1000 games of HU >.>

i'm so proud. I seriously need to start putting in more volume

Last edited by jmakin; 05-20-2009 at 04:26 PM.
jmakin is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 04:02 PM   #1469
TGSM89
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TGSM89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 8,492
Re: ****May LC Thread****NSFW

Any1 wanna do some prop betting on the 25K hu shootout.. mentioned it b4! cmon guys

How about

- group of 10 ppl (can change this)
- all put in $20
- Chose different player to take down tournament
- winner takes all the $$, if som1 not mentioned wins, ship back to ppl.
- escrow to C-roy mayb?

any1 interested?

if some ppl wanna change the stakes thats cool, but don't really wanna put more than $20 in..


btw, I would punt for OMGclayAiken/P-galfond
TGSM89 is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 04:03 PM   #1470
All_or_Nothing
Pooh-Bah
 
All_or_Nothing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Swing trading my last shirt!:P
Posts: 4,736
Re: ****May LC Thread****NSFW

Anyone here had any experience with Rottweilers?

I'm thinking of getting one, it's a flip between that and a boxer. But i can't make up my mind because i love them both.
All_or_Nothing is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 04:11 PM   #1471
TNixon
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: sexing your goat cuz evry1's solid
Posts: 5,720
Re: ****May LC Thread****NSFW

Actually, I just looked at my own monthly results, and I actually came *really* close to hitting 2k in december.

1911.

lol
TNixon is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 04:44 PM   #1472
katinas
journeyman
 
katinas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania
Posts: 262
Re: ****May LC Thread****NSFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_or_Nothing View Post
Anyone here had any experience with Rottweilers?

I'm thinking of getting one, it's a flip between that and a boxer. But i can't make up my mind because i love them both.
Unless you have a big place, I wouldn't suggest a rottweiler. These guys like to be outside too much. Plus they are a bit too agressive towards strangers and MUST be trained at a young age.

I don't know a lot about you and maybe it's not an issue (yet), but boxers are better with kids and more friendly overall. They're also v smart and active. And yeah - they're smaller.

oh, and you can always try a boxweiler:

.

gl
katinas is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 04:50 PM   #1473
TGSM89
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TGSM89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 8,492
Re: ****May LC Thread****NSFW

2nd game for uber donk,

NO REMATCH FTL!


Full Tilt Poker $22 + $1 Heads Up No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t15/t30 Blinds - 2 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

Hero (BTN/SB): t1560 M = 34.67
BB: t1440 M = 32

Pre Flop: (t45) Hero is BTN/SB with A T
Hero raises to t60, BB raises to t90, Hero raises to t1560 all in, BB calls t1350 all in

Flop: (t2880) 3 7 Q

Turn: (t2880) 9

River: (t2880) T

Final Pot: t2880
Hero shows A T (a pair of Tens)
BB shows 8 9 (a pair of Nines)
Hero wins t2880
TGSM89 is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 04:57 PM   #1474
All_or_Nothing
Pooh-Bah
 
All_or_Nothing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Swing trading my last shirt!:P
Posts: 4,736
Re: ****May LC Thread****NSFW

Quote:
Unless you have a big place, I wouldn't suggest a rottweiler. These guys like to be outside too much. Plus they are a bit too agressive towards strangers and MUST be trained at a young age.

I don't know a lot about you and maybe it's not an issue (yet), but boxers are better with kids and more friendly overall. They're also v smart and active. And yeah - they're smaller.
Yeah we have a great place for a dog tbh. Tons of fields around me pretty much and not a lot of neighbours. I live in a cottage and we're like 15 mins drive out of concrete city so it's a great place for dogs in general. But i do have 2 sisters at 15 and 10, i'm not sure how big a problem that'd be.

And yeah i love boxers too and maybe because their better around kids etc, that might just swing it.....

But man, i love rottweilers too :/
All_or_Nothing is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 05:12 PM   #1475
_Koby_
old hand
 
_Koby_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: There's a lot of buzz around Lenny
Posts: 1,341
Re: ****May LC Thread****NSFW

beat or variance?

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...&postcount=125
_Koby_ is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive