const userId = 0; [MICRO] AKs Missplayed - Micro Stakes Pot Limit and No Limit - Micro Stakes Poker Forum
Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
AKs Missplayed AKs Missplayed

05-08-2022 , 02:56 PM
Hold'em No Limit - $0.05/$0.10 - 6 players

UTG: $14.41 (144 bb)
MP (Hero): $10.00 (100 bb)
CO: $31.09 (311 bb)
BU: $20.48 (205 bb)
SB: $15.44 (154 bb)
BB: $12.17 (122 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15) Hero is MP with K A
UTG raises to $0.30, Hero 3-bets to $0.90, 4 players fold, UTG calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.95) T 6 J (2 players)
UTG checks, Hero bets $1.02, UTG calls $1.02

Turn: ($3.99) A (2 players)
UTG checks, Hero bets $1.02, UTG raises to $4.03, Hero calls $3.01

River: ($12.05) 8 (2 players)
UTG bets $4.69, MP (Hero) folds

I'm out of my depth here, what could I have done differently?
Maybe bet the turn bigger and go all-in on a raise from the villain?
I mean, calling the turn and folding the river doesn't sound like a good strategy.
AKs Missplayed Quote
05-08-2022 , 03:33 PM
if you're gonna play the small bet turn (which i think is good) , you should prob mostly respond with jam/fold vs the raise.
AKs Missplayed Quote
05-08-2022 , 03:56 PM
Yeah, make your life easier and stack off on the turn since you have a lot of equity against utg range. Avoid these awkward river situations with low SPR. I do like the fold as played though you block such a large portion of his bluffs with KQ
AKs Missplayed Quote
05-08-2022 , 06:30 PM
Yeah whenever you feel like money is going in and believe you have good equity just run it. Not running it makes sheet like this happen. That line looks strong but you have decent equity and the pot is allready big enough.
AKs Missplayed Quote
05-09-2022 , 12:15 AM
You played absolutely fine in theory, so WP.

You can mix some stuff and checking back turn is a more frequent play.

As played with small turn bet and facing raise we are calling 100% with AKhh if villain raise sligthly smaller. River is a mix between call/fold but since you play microstakes villains will probably bluff way less than optimal so folding becomes better. Since villain raised slightly bigger maybe it is more fine to sometimes jam it in ott instead of calling.


However, making a play because it is easier, as posts suggest above, isn't the way to think if one really want to improve...
AKs Missplayed Quote
05-09-2022 , 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedishmonkey
However, making a play because it is easier, as posts suggest above, isn't the way to think if one really want to improve...
Jamming turn with alot of equity in order to reduce mistakes on the river is in theory one way to improve?
AKs Missplayed Quote
05-10-2022 , 01:31 PM
Looks fine imo, I'd just jam the turn as others have said you have outs vs anything so can't be that bad. Think river fold is ok V probably just has nuts.
AKs Missplayed Quote
05-10-2022 , 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWB94
Jamming turn with alot of equity in order to reduce mistakes on the river is in theory one way to improve?
No because we don't play in theory. We play against humans who are weighted toward value hands on this turn given preflop action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamol
Looks fine imo, I'd just jam the turn as others have said you have outs vs anything so can't be that bad. Think river fold is ok V probably just has nuts.
These sentences are completely contradictory. Why would you jam turn if you think villain "probably just has (the) nuts"? We have 24% vs. sets and KQs. It'd be a pretty bad jam if that's what you're putting him on.
AKs Missplayed Quote
05-11-2022 , 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPW
No because we don't play in theory. We play against humans who are weighted toward value hands on this turn given preflop action.

These sentences are completely contradictory. Why would you jam turn if you think villain "probably just has (the) nuts"? We have 24% vs. sets and KQs. It'd be a pretty bad jam if that's what you're putting him on.
I said on the river he probably just has the nuts, you have information on the river you don't have on the turn.
AKs Missplayed Quote
05-11-2022 , 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamol
I said on the river he probably just has the nuts, you have information on the river you don't have on the turn.
We got check/raised on the turn and will have an SPR < 0.5 OTR. There is no more information to learn. I'm expecting villain to shove a blank river almost always. I don't hate this line. I don't see a lot of turn x/r bluffs. There's some possibility this is AK/AQ though. If we include those hands in his range then we can crunch the numbers and maybe river is a call.
AKs Missplayed Quote
05-11-2022 , 11:18 AM
+1 to jam on turn

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk
AKs Missplayed Quote
05-11-2022 , 04:35 PM
Jamming turn and get called by which worse hand ?
Jamming turn and making fold which better hand ?

The turn call is the best play in my opinion.

On the river it is tempting to call with the nice odds. However it's "common knowledge" turn raises are super strong at microstakes, I would fold.

Wp.
AKs Missplayed Quote
05-11-2022 , 04:39 PM
Which worse hand lemme see.. JJ, AA, JA, J10 or 66 even.
He calls against NFDs, seems obvious

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk
AKs Missplayed Quote
05-12-2022 , 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boulgakov
Jamming turn and get called by which worse hand ?
Jamming turn and making fold which better hand ?

The turn call is the best play in my opinion.

On the river it is tempting to call with the nice odds. However it's "common knowledge" turn raises are super strong at microstakes, I would fold.

Wp.

a lot of bb already in the pot and we block a lot, not impossible villain could have an occasional r/f with a hand like QT to **** with your 1p hands and fold out hands that would blast river orjust has something like pair+hearts and decides to shovel.


AK/AQ is just in a terrible spot here regardless.

Last edited by Kagome; 05-12-2022 at 02:04 AM.
AKs Missplayed Quote
05-12-2022 , 09:10 AM
Just had a very similar spot which made me think of this thread lol:

    PokerStars - $0.25 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
    Hand converted by Holdem Manager 3

    BTN: $23.88 (95.5 bb)
    Hero (SB): $32.53 (130.1 bb)
    BB: $29.95 (119.8 bb)
    UTG: $28.97 (115.9 bb)
    MP: $47.24 (189 bb)
    CO: $26.57 (106.3 bb)

    Hero posts SB $0.10, BB posts $0.25

    Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has Q A
    4 folds, Hero raises to $0.62, BB calls $0.37

    Flop: ($1.24, 2 players) T J 5
    Hero bets $0.68, BB raises to $1.95, Hero raises to $5.75, BB raises to $29.33 and is all-in, Hero calls $23.58

    Turn: ($59.90, 2 players) 6

    River: ($59.90, 2 players) A

    Results: $59.90 pot ($2.00 rake)
    Final Board: T J 5 6 A

    Hero shows Q A: (Flush, Ace High)
    (Pre 65%, Flop 43%, Turn 91%)

    BB shows T J: (Two Pair, Jacks and Tens)
    (Pre 35%, Flop 57%, Turn 9%)

    Hero wins $57.90
    AKs Missplayed Quote
    05-12-2022 , 11:08 AM
    The math behind getting in flush draw + gutter on the flop vs. the turn is significantly different.
    AKs Missplayed Quote
    05-14-2022 , 12:27 AM
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tamol
    Just had a very similar spot which made me think of this thread lol:

      PokerStars - $0.25 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by Holdem Manager 3

      BTN: $23.88 (95.5 bb)
      Hero (SB): $32.53 (130.1 bb)
      BB: $29.95 (119.8 bb)
      UTG: $28.97 (115.9 bb)
      MP: $47.24 (189 bb)
      CO: $26.57 (106.3 bb)

      Hero posts SB $0.10, BB posts $0.25

      Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has Q A
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.62, BB calls $0.37

      Flop: ($1.24, 2 players) T J 5
      Hero bets $0.68, BB raises to $1.95, Hero raises to $5.75, BB raises to $29.33 and is all-in, Hero calls $23.58

      Turn: ($59.90, 2 players) 6

      River: ($59.90, 2 players) A

      Results: $59.90 pot ($2.00 rake)
      Final Board: T J 5 6 A

      Hero shows Q A: (Flush, Ace High)
      (Pre 65%, Flop 43%, Turn 91%)

      BB shows T J: (Two Pair, Jacks and Tens)
      (Pre 35%, Flop 57%, Turn 9%)

      Hero wins $57.90
      Not remotely close to thread-hand
      AKs Missplayed Quote

            
      m