Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Online No-Limit Hold’em Cash Discussion of no-limit hold’em online cash games of all stakes, including pot-limit and cap games.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2021, 08:47 PM   #1
0NoobiePoker0
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 311
100NL - AJs

UTG is 24/21/11 over 500 hands. Button 43/27/2 in 150 hands. Checking or betting the flop? If betting how much?

CO: 109.51 BB
BTN: 80.53 BB
Hero (SB): 100.5 BB
BB: 111.95 BB
UTG: 297.21 BB
MP: 128.32 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A J

UTG raises to 2.2 BB, fold, fold, BTN calls 2.2 BB, Hero raises to 12 BB, fold, UTG calls 9.8 BB, BTN calls 9.8 BB

Flop: (37 BB, 3 players) J Q 8
Hero?
0NoobiePoker0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 09:30 PM   #2
JohnRusty
old hand
 
JohnRusty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: logged on
Posts: 1,412
Re: 100NL - AJs

the general heuristic is that we don't really ever want to bet very large multi-way and OOP.

The SPR is so small we can probably bet even smaller than normal if we do bet. This hand in particular probably works pretty well as a x
JohnRusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 10:51 PM   #3
SmbSmbSmb
HaxBallin'
 
SmbSmbSmb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,028
Re: 100NL - AJs

we want to do a very small amount of betting on all textures when facing ep sandwich 3b calls. this board and our actual hand (and the fact btn also called) are just extra good reasons to be checking. imo.
SmbSmbSmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 07:37 AM   #4
0NoobiePoker0
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 311
Re: 100NL - AJs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmbSmbSmb View Post
we want to do a very small amount of betting on all textures when facing ep sandwich 3b calls. this board and our actual hand (and the fact btn also called) are just extra good reasons to be checking. imo.
I know this is the thinking I get from a lot of people here. Though I recently had a hand with KK with a very similar situation and things got very dicey by checking it. I mean do you really check AA, KK, QQ, and JJ here? I understand you need some checking in your range here with hands like maybe AKd that don't want to bet out, and checking this actual hand here protects those other types of checks. But if I really did have the overpairs and sets here, are we checking this board most of the time? It gets very difficult to play IMO OOP multiway, and the pot is already getting large. I feel betting a lot of those hands to deny equity and to just take it down now isn't a bad idea.
0NoobiePoker0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 08:32 AM   #5
SmbSmbSmb
HaxBallin'
 
SmbSmbSmb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,028
Re: 100NL - AJs

the thing is, an utg open with a caller sandwiching him with the sb 3bettor should be calling the 3b extremely infrequently. so the range advantage a 3bettor usually has in hu pots is nowhere near the same. furthermore, that narrow calling range (and some naughty but very possible hands too) hits this actual flop very hard. it's not like we should be seeing any auto folds from 44 or 67s etc.

i agree it can get difficult to play but strong ranges shouldn't be easy to play vs oop. luckily our actual hand here is actually very easy to play. have fun with AA or KK though!
SmbSmbSmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 11:38 AM   #6
submersible
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 200
Re: 100NL - AJs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmbSmbSmb View Post
the thing is, an utg open with a caller sandwiching him with the sb 3bettor should be calling the 3b extremely infrequently. so the range advantage a 3bettor usually has in hu pots is nowhere near the same. furthermore, that narrow calling range (and some naughty but very possible hands too) hits this actual flop very hard. it's not like we should be seeing any auto folds from 44 or 67s etc.

i agree it can get difficult to play but strong ranges shouldn't be easy to play vs oop. luckily our actual hand here is actually very easy to play. have fun with AA or KK though!
this is a really good post
submersible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 02:16 PM   #7
0NoobiePoker0
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 311
Re: 100NL - AJs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmbSmbSmb View Post
the thing is, an utg open with a caller sandwiching him with the sb 3bettor should be calling the 3b extremely infrequently. so the range advantage a 3bettor usually has in hu pots is nowhere near the same. furthermore, that narrow calling range (and some naughty but very possible hands too) hits this actual flop very hard. it's not like we should be seeing any auto folds from 44 or 67s etc.

i agree it can get difficult to play but strong ranges shouldn't be easy to play vs oop. luckily our actual hand here is actually very easy to play. have fun with AA or KK though!
Thanks for the explanation and yes this hand is tough to really screw up. Though this isn't heads up at this point. I agree that the UTG range is quite narrow now, but do you still want to check say AA and KK here multiway?
0NoobiePoker0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 04:28 PM   #8
Renekton
adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 852
Re: 100NL - AJs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0NoobiePoker0 View Post
Thanks for the explanation and yes this hand is tough to really screw up. Though this isn't heads up at this point. I agree that the UTG range is quite narrow now, but do you still want to check say AA and KK here multiway?
Yeah we should be checking AA and KK often. AcAx and KcKx can also bet small.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
Renekton is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive