Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Micro-Small Stakes PL/NL Discussions regarding micro-small stakes pot and no-limit hold'em (up to and including 1-2)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2021, 09:14 AM   #1
moneypanda
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 21
Question KK OOP vs weak

How we play flop?

PartyGaming - $0.50 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: 84.46 BB
MP: 90.58 BB
CO: 133.44 BB
BTN: 165.66 BB
Hero (SB): 104.24 BB
BB: 83.64 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K K

fold, MP raises to 3 BB, CO calls 3 BB, fold, Hero raises to 15 BB, fold, MP calls 12 BB, fold

Flop: (34 BB, 2 players) A J 3
Hero bets 10.5 BB, MP raises to 21 BB, fold,


and another one

PartyGaming - $0.50 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BB): 110.26 BB
UTG: 191.94 BB
MP: 140.12 BB
CO: 108.36 BB
BTN: 71.14 BB
SB: 101.9 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J J

fold, MP calls 1 BB, fold, BTN raises to 4.5 BB, fold, Hero raises to 16 BB, fold, BTN calls 11.5 BB

Flop: (33.5 BB, 2 players) A 4 7
Hero bets 9 BB, BTN raises to 18 BB, [b]Hero??

Last edited by moneypanda; 04-06-2021 at 09:30 AM.
moneypanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 09:41 AM   #2
PROPOSITION_JOE
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 834
Re: KK OOP vs weak

1st one is just lol, what can you do? :/ - do you have meaningful stats on him? we can maybe abandon the range bet and purely bet value if he is either sticky or aggro spazz.

2nd - same thing - neither of these spots are raises for villain (3b pots in position). seems like some good tables.

tag both with these H/H's and move on i think.
PROPOSITION_JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 09:55 AM   #3
moneypanda
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 21
Re: KK OOP vs weak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROPOSITION_JOE View Post
1st one is just lol, what can you do? :/ - do you have meaningful stats on him? we can maybe abandon the range bet and purely bet value if he is either sticky or aggro spazz.

2nd - same thing - neither of these spots are raises for villain (3b pots in position). seems like some good tables.

tag both with these H/H's and move on i think.
without any stats
moneypanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 10:04 AM   #4
Lazarus Ledd
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 504
Re: KK OOP vs weak

These are both calls on a flop, it sux but I think we need to defend.

I don't know it's puke spot, solver calls both I would assume.

Both can be x/c on the flop. Especially the first one, think checking flop is ok.
Lazarus Ledd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 10:07 AM   #5
bailashtoreth
veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 2,282
Re: KK OOP vs weak

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneypanda View Post
without any stats
I assume you mean you don't have a hud. Write it down then. You can at least use it during the session.

If this is the same v, you may be getting exploited here. You folded A-high flops after getting min-raised both times. That shouldn't happen unless you know v min-raises only with the nuts. And he doesn't have the nuts unless he only calls 3bets with AA.
bailashtoreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 10:13 AM   #6
Koss
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Playing Recreationally
Posts: 5,834
Re: KK OOP vs weak

These flops seem like check/calls to me. If we bet small and get min-raised calling may be the right mathematical play but the turn/river won't happen in a vacuum. 90% of the deck will not improve us and I'm not sure how many opponents slow down after raising the flop but it's not very often.

Generally speaking I'm not betting JJ-KK on a dry ace high board. We're not getting more than 1 street of value anyways and we have a much better chance by bluff catching or going for thin value on a later street.
Koss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 10:19 AM   #7
moneypanda
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 21
Re: KK OOP vs weak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus Ledd View Post
These are both calls on a flop, it sux but I think we need to defend.

I don't know it's puke spot, solver calls both I would assume.

Both can be x/c on the flop. Especially the first one, think checking flop is ok.
And what we do next streets ? Aggression after min raise very often
moneypanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 10:21 AM   #8
moneypanda
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 21
Re: KK OOP vs weak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koss View Post
These flops seem like check/calls to me. If we bet small and get min-raised calling may be the right mathematical play but the turn/river won't happen in a vacuum. 90% of the deck will not improve us and I'm not sure how many opponents slow down after raising the flop but it's not very often.

Generally speaking I'm not betting JJ-KK on a dry ace high board. We're not getting more than 1 street of value anyways and we have a much better chance by bluff catching or going for thin value on a later street.
You play range vs range ? Or
make exceptions for JJ-KK
moneypanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 10:24 AM   #9
moneypanda
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 21
Re: KK OOP vs weak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailashtoreth View Post
I assume you mean you don't have a hud. Write it down then. You can at least use it during the session.

If this is the same v, you may be getting exploited here. You folded A-high flops after getting min-raised both times. That shouldn't happen unless you know v min-raises only with the nuts. And he doesn't have the nuts unless he only calls 3bets with AA.
Its different V
,With JJ i am not folding,i have showdown
moneypanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 10:45 AM   #10
gsiciliano
Pooh-Bah
 
gsiciliano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rio de Janeiro
Posts: 3,935
Re: KK OOP vs weak

Hand #1, I'd c/c OTF. You're not getting any better to fold and only getting value from some Jx (and you block KJ)
Hand #2, here there's some merit betting for protection, but I'd still c/c flop
gsiciliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 10:54 AM   #11
moneypanda
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 21
Re: KK OOP vs weak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsiciliano View Post
Hand #1, I'd c/c OTF. You're not getting any better to fold and only getting value from some Jx (and you block KJ)
Hand #2, here there's some merit betting for protection, but I'd still c/c flop
same questions, what we do next street? after c/c for example blanks cards, again c/c ?
moneypanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 12:41 PM   #12
Koss
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Playing Recreationally
Posts: 5,834
Re: KK OOP vs weak

Usually it's a x/c flop and then a x/f turn. While it seems like lighting money on fire, we face significantly less aggression on the turn, especially when we have the best hand. Of course that's an extremely exploitable line if we don't have some x/c or x/r's in our range, so against observant opponents we need to occasionally play AK/AA this way to maintain balance. But against typical opponents who aren't tracking our play that closely we can just play these spots straight up and not bet into them with anything less than big aces or draws.
Koss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 01:42 PM   #13
moneypanda
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 21
Re: KK OOP vs weak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koss View Post
Usually it's a x/c flop and then a x/f turn. While it seems like lighting money on fire, we face significantly less aggression on the turn, especially when we have the best hand. Of course that's an extremely exploitable line if we don't have some x/c or x/r's in our range, so against observant opponents we need to occasionally play AK/AA this way to maintain balance. But against typical opponents who aren't tracking our play that closely we can just play these spots straight up and not bet into them with anything less than big aces or draws.
Thanks, understand
moneypanda is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive