Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Micro-Small Stakes PL/NL Discussions regarding micro-small stakes pot and no-limit hold'em (up to and including 1-2)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2020, 02:55 AM   #26
dubakkur2
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 3,112
Re: 16NLz, when you need to bet 6x the pot on the river...

flop is a check imo and calling the raise is correct - not the otherway around

turn check is correct
river is a call with set (that is the minimum strength)

PS:
i discounted 99 from bet/call raise - goes to show the assume=ass /me
dubakkur2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 03:34 AM   #27
jeccross
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,811
Re: 16NLz, when you need to bet 6x the pot on the river...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubakkur2 View Post
flop is a check imo and calling the raise is correct - not the otherway around

turn check is correct
river is a call with set (that is the minimum strength)

PS:
i discounted 99 from bet/call raise - goes to show the assume=ass /me
sb v bb spots are possibly my worst, maybe I bet too much, but I thought this is a clear bet for value/protection?

On the PS - that's partly why I felt I had to call, if he's thinking whether his hand is good on the river, he is likely assuming I would 3 bet flop with a set of 8s or Ts and didn't think about 9s at all. Selim listed hands earlier too and didn't include 9s, they are very well hidden.
jeccross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 04:03 AM   #28
dubakkur2
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 3,112
Re: 16NLz, when you need to bet 6x the pot on the river...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeccross View Post
sb v bb spots are possibly my worst, maybe I bet too much, but I thought this is a clear bet for value/protection?

On the PS - that's partly why I felt I had to call, if he's thinking whether his hand is good on the river, he is likely assuming I would 3 bet flop with a set of 8s or Ts and didn't think about 9s at all. Selim listed hands earlier too and didn't include 9s, they are very well hidden.
bcos after the flop action, they are usually hidden in the muck and not in the continuing range given what villain is obviously repping

u got lucky on turn and on river
dubakkur2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 04:11 AM   #29
jeccross
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,811
Re: 16NLz, when you need to bet 6x the pot on the river...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubakkur2 View Post
bcos after the flop action, they are usually hidden in the muck and not in the continuing range given what villain is obviously repping

u got lucky on turn and on river
I thought you agreed with flop call with 9s?

Obviously I got lucky on the turn. How did I get lucky on the river, because you think my call was a losing one (v pools range) and I got lucky this time, or because I was lucky I found a villain bad enough to shove 6x pot?
jeccross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 04:17 AM   #30
dubakkur2
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 3,112
Re: 16NLz, when you need to bet 6x the pot on the river...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeccross View Post
I thought you agreed with flop call with 9s?

Obviously I got lucky on the turn. How did I get lucky on the river, because you think my call was a losing one (v pools range) and I got lucky this time, or because I was lucky I found a villain bad enough to shove 6x pot?
yes i agree with calling 99 to the flop raise


lucky bcos most ppl fold v pool raising range OTF
- u hit ur 2 outer and
- u were fortunately not up against TT/str8s - eventhough you made a soul read (JQ alone is 16 combos and that is huge)

villain shoving 6x is irrelevant for me
dubakkur2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online